16 June 2008 - Development Diary and System Specifications

Mil

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at the people who say that the new interface looks like WoW.

You guys DO realize that Runescape was the ONLY mmorpg that didn't have that kind of interface? Every single mmorpg has that kind of interface, because it looks the nicest, and is the most efficient. Runescape getting this kind of interface is not "copying" any game, it's becoming a real mmorpg, instead of a small java game that people play while browsing forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys DO realize that Runescape was the ONLY mmorpg that didn't have that kind of interface? Every single mmorpg has that kind of interface, because it looks the nicest, and is the most efficient. Runescape getting this kind of interface is not "copying" any game

Holy [cabbage] you hit the nail on the head.

I loved the in game actual screen shot. I can't wait for this... only 3 weeks or so to go, people!

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I no longer need those 'adult videos', this is a good substitute. :twisted:

But on a better note, Jagex has really outdone themselves if you ask me, I can't comprehend how hard and enduring this must have been for them. Excellent job they've done for sure.

I really am excited for that new interface and fullscreen mode though. That looks so 'epic'.

looks like WoW's interface.

No it doesn't. If it looked like Wow's interface, you'd have the ability to cast spells by hotkey. Also, if Runescape is stealing the interface, then so did WOW, because they're not the first to think "OI, lets put da butunz on da botom uv da skreen".

Wow interface comparisons = massive intellectual failure.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Look out world of warcraft, you thought rs was annoying w/ old graphics? BRING IT ON! Love the pics...JAGEX IS KING.

Not to be negative or anything but WoW's graphics are still A LOT better.

I don't think so.

rskt4.png

wowwy2.png

Looks bad.

Well obviously whether it looks better than WoW or not depends on personal opinion, but WoW's graphics are still much more advanced (as in higher resolution plus way more polygons) than RuneScape's.

But... we still have lines for eyes and balls for hands. Looks a little tacky with all of these new graphical improvements. It sticks out like a really sore thumb. Maybe an improvement to player models will come eventually...? To maybe sort of match the new chat-head look?

Look at the player in the Ardougne screenshot with the d'hide.

OVAL EYES FTW!

That last sentence in the Development Diary was bold. Another graphical update that's better than this one? I'm fine with this for now :D

Did you honestly think that Jagex will just suddenly halt work on graphical improvements after the updates have finished?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

But... we still have lines for eyes and balls for hands. Looks a little tacky with all of these new graphical improvements. It sticks out like a really sore thumb. Maybe an improvement to player models will come eventually...? To maybe sort of match the new chat-head look?

Look at the player in the Ardougne screenshot with the d'hide.

OVAL EYES FTW!

Yeah, and the solid-black makes the characters look sort of like rodents. Beady little eyes... :uhh:

Besides that and the stubby hands, everything looks stunning. The textures/shading are way better than WoW's imo. (though obviously they have rs beat in player/npc models)

I was truly impressed with the scope of this update. I never expected Jagex to go to such lengths with their new graphics. Originally it just seemed to be upgrading the current textures, but now we can see that they went far beyond that. The difference between the two Dragon Med helms (and everything else, of course) is incredible.

This update could easily be one of the best things to happen to Runescape in a long time. Not just because of the better graphics of course, as a game can be perfectly good with poorer graphics. This should put a stop to some of the negativity surrounding the game and lead to overall better public opinion.

I seriously can't wait for this.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Probably will be P2P only.. :(

That'd be cruel. They didn't say a word about it going to be members' only.

As someone pointed out about fullscreen = no ads, the fullscreen part of it might be members. But the better graphics of it WILL be for f2p.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Jagex has stated that F2P will recieve this graphical update. The only concern is will they recieve full screen or not? I"m sure they will get 95% fullscreen while the last 5% is for the ad which isn't bad at all compared to the fact that the game window itself was at like 40-45% filled up on the screen.

And my computer can run Crysis on High Detail, so there is no worry or sweat from me if my computer can run it. It will do circles around it and then some.

I'm not doing any quests yet, I want to do them ALL on this high detail setting since quests are 1 time special events.

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Anyone know if my GeForce Go 6100 will suffice?

I have 64 mb of Video RAM on there, 2 gigs of RAM and an AMD 1.6 ghz processor!

Just not sure if the graphics card is 3D?

Minidido.gif

Dude, the graphics are so good that you can see his nipples
Im still entitled to say goblin nipples look freaky

This looks amazing! Can't wait! Jagex sure has done a wonderful job this time! :thumbsup: ::'

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

It does look like WoW. The map is the same. The chat is in the same place. And the interface bar is along the bottom.

world_of_warcraft_1.jpg

I guess you got to copy the best it seems. :-w

oh man you're right...

window_number.jpg

Wait, when was Ultima Online released??

-Stud112

Banned

-Arkadian

113 combat

Studsig7f.jpg

When was CnC release? COPIED ULTIMA ONLINE!!!! lulwut?

CCGold.jpg

Comparing RS and WoW interface fail.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Looking good Jagex :)

And people - please stop comparing RuneScape with WoW. There really is no need for it. No copycatting or anything. Just a normal screen interface for mmorpg's.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

All I can say is wow, it might not be state of the art but it sure does make RS a lot easier on the eye. Trying to run it currently with a high resolution is torture, the interface eats up about 75% of the screen and the rest is so tiny you need to always be fully zoomed in.

Other that an odd day for the holiday events I haven't touched RS since about 1 year after RS2 came out, I think this is the update that will make me seriously consider paying for a few months members to catch up on everything. Castle Wars with the upgraded graphics, interface and fullscreen mode is going to be a joy to play.

blazesigbq9.jpg