16 June 2008 - Development Diary and System Specifications

Mil

It does look like WoW. The map is the same. The chat is in the same place. And the interface bar is along the bottom.

world_of_warcraft_1.jpg

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that world globe in the right corner in full screen mode? You'll probably be able to access the world map in the game lol.

Amen...I would love to have an in game map!!! It would be long overdo imo.

About the rest of the graphics....=P~ water effects =P~

also the first thing i noticed <3 i'm so coming BACK TO RUNESCAPE for this ::'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I'm really satisfied at the system requirements, they seem to easily fit those of relatively new computer systems. Although I have heard of some trickery in running the future Fullscreen mode on Linux. Seeing that I use Windows at the moment though, I won't be complaining about that. My main concern however remains still with the applicable monitor resolutions, seeing as I probably am running at the upper echelons on the resolution scale with a monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution, so I hope they support it :ohnoes: .

What the [bad word goes here] is with the hands!! I can't pick stuff up with a ball of cookie dough even if it is stickey.

And jagex, please make the animation of arrows hitting a target better?

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

Does this picture look familiar to anyone?

lighting_thumb.jpg

How about now?

after1jx5.png

And to all of you who said it was a lame idea :shame:

Might be coincidence, but I like to make myself feel good :]

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=543148 <-- Suggestion Thread

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Sweet, can't wait!

Ok, for those saying that WoW graphics are better, why the hell does that matter? We're not trying to compete, we're not trying to take part in an endless race. We're just trying to get a better game than before. We don't give a damn about WoW.

Secondly, for those who think the requirements are low, that's the point. Runescape is all about accessibility, and if they didn't put their hard work into lowering the requirements, their efforts would be effectively wasted compared to the amount of people they could have had.

Thirdly, I don't think that they would limit fullscreen to p2p, they can easily put a small space at the top for the regular banner as usual.

WE'RE not trying to compete, but Jagex sure is. Plus, with Doomhammer: Age of Reckoning coming out soon, Jagex HAS to get their butt in gear to even KEEP the small slice of the market they have.

Is it just me or do the new graphics look a little... cartoony? And when I say cartoony, I'm not talking about something for more mature audiences, but something bright and cute. Of course, they haven't shown us Morytania yet...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

*sigh* I was expecting something a bit better then requiring 256 MB of ram and a 64 MB graphics card (I'm running on 4096 MB of ram and 256 MB graphics card) Still, any improvement is a good one ;) Scaling it up to native resolultion and using 4X anti-aliasing should be plenty for a good graphics card to handle... I'm assuming that the requirments are for the 800X600 window. Guess we'll see what Runescape looks like at 1920X1200 + anti-aliasing :pray: Guess the $250 on the graphics card was well spent ::'

get a real computer newblar.

Hmmm, I didn't know Funorb games can be run at full screen for P2P only. I guess this new graphic update could only be run full screen in RS as well (otherwise, where would they fit the ads for F2p? lol). I wish Jagex could shed some light whether or not if F2p can run it full screen as well. Other than that, the new graphic update looks very well done.

a happy Runescaper

1 day out of 2, ill have good graphs :P

have 2 computers, which i share 1 day 1 day lol

Btw, did you look at the rs screen?

you see, at top right? there's an icon of earth.. I THINK THIS MEANS IN GAME WORLD MAP!!! =D>

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

I'm really satisfied at the system requirements, they seem to easily fit those of relatively new computer systems. Although I have heard of some trickery in running the future Fullscreen mode on Linux. Seeing that I use Windows at the moment though, I won't be complaining about that. My main concern however remains still with the applicable monitor resolutions, seeing as I probably am running at the upper echelons on the resolution scale with a monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution, so I hope they support it :ohnoes: .

Trickery? What trickery?!

/me looks at his laptops and tower, and realizes they're *all* Linux

For whatever reason though, I doubt that there will be any "trickery" to run it in Linux...I'm willing to say that they're using JOGL, and as long as you have the proper JRE for it, you *should* be fine.

Don't make me sweat bullets like that again, please. Please. :ohnoes:

Lol, this makes me want to incinerate my computer even more. :x (Windows 98, 350 Mhz and 64 MB of RAM [Yes, laugh it off... :wall: ]) Anyway, good luck everyone!

Turn it into a dedicated server and get a Dell already. :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Lol, this makes me want to incinerate my computer even more. :x (Windows 98, 350 Mhz and 64 MB of RAM [Yes, laugh it off... :wall: ]) Anyway, good luck everyone!

Turn it into a dedicated server and get a Dell already. :P

It is a Dell. :P Well, if I get my newer computer up and running, it should be fine. ;)

j0xPu5R.png

It does look like WoW. The map is the same. The chat is in the same place. And the interface bar is along the bottom.

Yep; not just WoW. It also looks similar to Perfect World, Silkroad Online, Conquer Online, even possibly Fly FF. Pretty much all the MMORPGs I've played have the skills/menu/interface bar at the bottom, map in the top right, chat bottom left. The only thing RuneScape is missing is character status top left, which is grouped with the map in fullscreen mode.

It appears to me that RS is starting to fit in with other MMORPGs. With graphics that can compete with the likes of WoW, but much cheaper and much more accessible, things can only get better.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

Yep; not just WoW. It also looks similar to Perfect World, Silkroad Online, Conquer Online, even possibly Fly FF. Pretty much all the MMORPGs I've played have the skills/menu/interface bar at the bottom, map in the top right, chat bottom left. The only thing RuneScape is missing is character status top left, which is grouped with the map in fullscreen mode.

It appears to me that RS is starting to fit in with other MMORPGs. With graphics that can compete with the likes of WoW, but much cheaper and much more accessible, things can only get better.

I agree; there's a lot more to a game than graphics. I just wish some people would notice that... :roll:

j0xPu5R.png

Trickery? What trickery?!

/me looks at his laptops and tower, and realizes they're *all* Linux

For whatever reason though, I doubt that there will be any "trickery" to run it in Linux...I'm willing to say that they're using JOGL, and as long as you have the proper JRE for it, you *should* be fine.

Don't make me sweat bullets like that again, please. Please. :ohnoes:

I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, but Mod Chris E has confirmed in this thread that it'll all run on Linux and Mac's. He does state that getting fullscreen to work on Linux is difficult though; whether or not that means it'll be available I'm unsure of, his answer seemed a bit vague.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

oOk, for those saying that WoW graphics are better, why the hell does that matter? We're not trying to compete, we're not trying to take part in an endless race. We're just trying to get a better game than before. We don't give a damn about WoW.

Look out world of warcraft, you thought rs was annoying w/ old graphics? BRING IT ON! Love the pics...JAGEX IS KING.

Lolwut? Seriously dude read the entire topic or for that matter the ENTIRE POST before making an [wagon] out of yourself next time k?

Edit: As Jagex specified in the development diary, certain aspects of the new detail can be turned higher or lower. Anyone think this might include the character models? They look kind of goofy to me and I might just stick to they're old look if possible.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Graphics look sweet! :thumbsup:

I have exactly 64mb on integrated graphics card. They said that it is better to exceed the req's. I hope I don't have any issues with it.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

world_of_warcraft_1.jpg

I guess you got to copy the best it seems. :-w

they are not copying wow the minimap in the corner and bottom buttons are how most mmorpg's are(atleast every one ive played looks similar to that)

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

Graphics look sweet! :thumbsup:

I have exactly 64mb on integrated graphics card. They said that it is better to exceed the req's. I hope I don't have any issues with it.

i think you seriusly should consider buying a 256 or atleast a 128 ;) not so exspensive. and meybe opgrade you ram. if you got such a low amout of graphic card you probely also got to little ram ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

True it looks like WoW, but there are only so many combinations you can do..Neverwinter Nights had a circular map at top, controls at bottom and chat in bottom-left also. RuneScape Classic had map in top-right with chat in bottom left.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)