Paranormal Experience

sibmaster

I often hear people talking, yelling, etc. outside my window at around 2 in the morning.

There are always sounds like popping, or something being hit, from what sounds like the inside of walls as well, doors and the TV. It never starts before 4:00, and it's often quite loud. There's probably a rational explanation somewhere, but for a tired person, at 4 AM, in a dark room, you can imagine what the thoughts are.

More, probably. All I'm willing to type.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really paranormal in the sense of pertaining to ghosts but this was freaky as all hell for me back in the day... Me and my whole family(5 in all), were supposed to travel up to pennsylvania for a wedding this weekend some years ago. Well at about 2 a.m. my little brother woke up in a night-terror screaming that me him and my mother would die the next day, so the 3 of us decided to stay at home and not go. The next day we get a phone call from my dad and older brother saying they had just been hit by an old lady and gotten into a horrible car accident where anyone in the back seat wouldve been killed... kinda crazy :shock:

Masta Chef

archsupportei2.png

Drops-- Dragon: Medium(2),Spear(1),Legs(2),Skirt(1)

Pharaoh's Scepter(1)

Barrows items(10 total)

Well, gather round, chill'uns:

One night, around 1am, after a big-[wagon] scrim, I went to relieve myself. My house has one long corridor with no lighting that connects the whole house, and it's mega-dark in the early hours of the morn. So, I stand at its threshold, like a snack dangling in front of some long forgotten beast's gullet. Something stirred in the inky darkness, filling me with a strange feeling of dread, as if the bottom of my stomach had just splattered on the dusty floor. I reached for the lightswitch of a bulb I knew had blown years ago. To my surprise, it crackled into life, casting an eerily dim glow on the hardwood floor, which was speckled with shining drops of scarlet. I cringed at the sight of the blood which had fallen like Hansel's trail of bedcrumbs, and began to walk slowly up the hall, taking care not to step in any of the crimson puddles.

As I neared the back room, I heard a soft voice singing a lullaby. I stiffened. That voice... no. It couldn't be. My sister, dead since the age of nine, had come back. I entered the pitch black, fumbling on the wall for the switch which would banish the accursed darkness. I found it, smeared with a sticky goo. Grimacing, I flicked it upwards. Crying out, I took a startled step backwards, stumbling over the small ledge that signalled the end of the evil corridor. The room... the room. Oh God, that room was scarlet. Blood adorned every wall, some designer's sick idea of a prank. And in the middle of the room, fresh from her shallow grave in the garden, was Janie. Her eyes, as colourless and as cold as ice, stared into his. She uttered a soft, girlish laugh. Me, a kind of horrified squawk of terror.

She brushed invisible dust off of her immaculate white dress.

'We were waiting for you, Cameron,' she smiled, gesturing at the two figures strung up on the bloody rafters.

Mum. Dad. I couldn't tear my eyes away from their bloody faces, and their midsections, both shredded like the leftovers of a Christmas ham. I wretched, bringing up his energy drink to join the mess on the floor.

She seemed pleased at my utter disgust. She started forward.

I woke screaming, and went to check the garden soil was still undisturbed.

Did you like it?

That was pretty amazing! Did you make all of that up as you went along? Or is it from a site?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

That writing is better quality than most books i read. (please note i do not read little children books like thomas the tank engine lmao)

But ye, keep up the stories people!! :thumbsup:

Not to sound rude, but do you just keep posting stuff like "Woah creepy, keep it up guys" to bump the thread? BTW my story is towards the end of pg. 1

GG.gif

I believe there's a ghost in my room.

I also believe they can't hurt us; they're weaker, since they don't have flesh and blood. They desire this, and are jealous of it. Thus, they try and scare the [cabbage] out of us.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I also believe they can't hurt us; they're weaker, since they don't have flesh and blood. They desire this, and are jealous of it. Thus, they try and scare the [cabbage] out of us.

Lies for the weak! Beacons for the deluded! The sort of proclamation made to make one feel safer.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

There like 3 ghosts in my house, they don't scare me or anything. They just LOVE annoying me, even though they know I'm not scared of them.

I hear a random bang, I roll over and go back to sleep. I really hate it when they pull my bed sheets tho, gah it gets cold at night then. Jerk ghosts suck.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Lies for the weak! Beacons for the deluded! The sort of proclamation made to make one feel safer.

I'd prefer bacon, really. And I'm not scared of her, she's just a little girl-ghost. I'm enough of a zombiephobe, don't want to bring ghosts into it. Speaking of which, I should remake that topic...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I have a detailed zombie plan I'll post later. It involves my house, a chainsaw , a sledgehammer, and large speakers playing Zombie killing music, like break stuff.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

There like 3 ghosts in my house, they don't scare me or anything. They just LOVE annoying me, even though they know I'm not scared of them.

I hear a random bang, I roll over and go back to sleep. I really hate it when they pull my bed sheets tho, gah it gets cold at night then. Jerk ghosts suck.

I really hate it when my house cools down and starts to creak and the computer desk and TV stand make noises too. I also really hate it when the bed covers get too close to the edge of the bed and then totally fall off. And curse the sun for going down at night so it gets cold :shame:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My old school was haunted, the boys bathroom was anyway...

What we saw was like a glitch in real life...

First, the person sits in the specific haunted corner.

Next, us (the spectators) turned the lights off and watched as the victims face deformed, some people ended up having 2 pairs of lips, though, the deformation would only last until they moved and turned the light on.

i250746823_89474_2.jpg

I love this sig.

I've gotten really used to the idea of there being a ghost in my house (although it still creeps me out once in a while).

Basically a few years ago random little things would happen like "hearing footsteps at night" or "a door opened randomly". We would all just laugh and claim there was a ghost in the house but it was just a joke. And it stayed a joke until about a year ago.

I was sitting in my living room with a friend and it was around 2:00AM. All the lights were off and we were just talking then all of a sudden we heard something in the kitchen so we both got really quiet. We listened for a while and we could hear someone walking around in the kitchen. I was pretty damn scared but once I got myself together I walked across the room and turned the lights on to reveal.. Nothing. A few more footsteps but nothing was there. Scary as hell but we tried to just laugh it off.

Another night I had my bed split in half (box-spring on one side of the room, matress on the other - I hadn't finished moving stuff around) and I was laying on the matress. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked around and saw a guy in a hat sitting on the box-spring. I almost flipped out but I kept myself quiet until I could manage to turn on a light.. Once again, nothing there. <-- This has happened multiple times in different rooms, lately my mom has been the one to wake up and see a man sitting at the end of her bed.

One time, early morning, I got up and headed for the shower. As I walked past my borthers room I saw someone standing there just looking at me. It took me a second to relise what I has just seen and I popped back around the corner but the figure was gone.

One night (around 3:00AM), my borther was watching tv. He got up and went to the bathroom and came back to find the door wide open. It was storming pretty hard so it wouldn't have been so odd if the door hadn't been dead-bolted shut since I went to bed.

The most common thing that happens is our business phone will fall off the hook every night at exactly 2:00AM. It always freaks my friends out because they're not used to it :P

as scary as it might be to possibly see a ghost, why are there never any stories of anyone trying to talk to one

Because the first response is always to attack than to be diplomatic. Hence war.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

as scary as it might be to possibly see a ghost, why are there never any stories of anyone trying to talk to one

either because people are so dam scared and run away or scream ::'

or they just don't want to talk to us lol

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Kay,there was this one night I was sleeping particularly well,seeing that I can remember the dream.I dreamt my brother,and another boy,a few years older than him were havinh a conversation.The funny thing that the other boy looked a lot like my brother (and after a few years,I would look about the same).

So a few years later I find out I'm actually the fifth child,and the second was aborted.Not too bad right?I find out the second's a guy.

And then there was that doll thing I posted on Camp Stories.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Yeah I was once at this castle-y place in Wales and it was about eleven/midnight. We'd just had a bonfire for my dad's birthday and most people had gone to bed, but me and my cousin were still down there. We were just hanging around really, lying on the grass, and then we see at the top of this tower like a black cloak billowing outwards. She pointed it out to me and it stayed for about 10 seconds. There definitely wasn't anyone up there as everyone was in bed and noone's allowed up there anyway cos it's pretty unstable, and the gate up to it's locked. Anyway we were really scared, but we didn't see it again.

There's always background noises in my house, might be our dodgy waterpipes or something but I dunno, creaks and everything. It's never really scared me though, I guess cos I've grown up with it.

Sleep Paralysis. Now there's something to talk about.

I'm generally not too much of a paranormal person, but I do believe in spirits. I never believed in any spirit being malevolent though. One night after playing a ton of Tales of Legendia, which I had newly been addicted to, I lay in bed falling to sleep (on my back). My thoughts drifted to Tales of Legendia (I was addicted, after all.) but it got really violent. Like, you know how you imagine things in your mind before going to bed? The characters kept getting like split in half or brutally (not cartoony) beaten in my mind. I kept opening my eyes every time it happened as it was very disturbing as I had no imagined it, I kind of felt like.. I imagined it without trying. It's hard to explain, but It was the imagination of the violence was happening on its own accord.

This continued on and on and I kept opening my eyes until I decided it was getting ridiculous and I'd be up all night long. So instead I just let it continue, deciding I'd be asleep soon enough so it wouldnt matter and I could just ignore it as it's all imagination. It was then after keeping my eyes closed for a while that I felt a strange pulsating sensation in the middle of my waist.

I awoke in a bit of a panic as this felt very strange. I repeated what I had done earlier, dismissing it as a fluke and continually closing my eyes again only to have the pattern repeat itself. Eventually I decided this was getting silly and I decided to just ignore the pulsating sensation and just try and fall asleep. The next step was a strange noise. I can't really describe it, but it was like a backwards Woosh Woosh, like a sucking noise. Try to inhale a lot of air into your mouth with lips in a whistle blowing position while flicking your tongue against the roof of your mouth and it sounds similar.

Once again the pattern repeated itself. I opened my eyes and eventually decided to just deal with it after some trials, like before. The next step was an intensification of the pulsing sensation and a moderate pain in the area of the pulsing. I once again opened my eyes only to see above me a dark cloud of sorts.

It is almost impossible to describe it. It looked like it was literally made out of darkness, not a fog or anything like that. There were some small red spheres embedded in it that reminded me of eyes but I can't really say for certain. There were 4, looking back it seems there were two primary orbs and then two secondary smaller orbs to the side of them.

It didn't have a definite end. This is the hardest to describe, it had a shape, but looking at the sides there never was an obvious point of end. And it's not that it just faded away. I could look far to the right and see that there was no Thing over there. It simply was here, and not there, with no definite point of end and no fading away. It was impossible.

The thing had two armlike appendages. One branched off to the right and seemed to be not being used and was shorter. The one to the left curled into the point on my waist that was pulsating. I was completely frozen, as if giant rocks were tied to each of my fingers and feet and.. everywhere. I could move my eyes around but that's it. I tried screaming out for help but all that came out was a small whisper for help.

eventually after trying as hard as I could to move for an extended amount of time, I broke free. Completely terrified, I left to sleep in another room.

During the next day I felt sore in my waist where the thing had connected to me.

I did some research on the thing, and it's perceived by some Asian cultures that the Chi-Energy (Which roughly is equivalent to what we would call a soul) is located in your waist. Cultures all over the world have stories of black cloud monsters that attack people who lie on their back in their sleep. Some cultures say it is witches, others say it is monsters trying to steal their breath, one culture said it was the souls of trees who need to draw energy from humans every now and then to survive. Either way, it is a wide cultural "monster myth" of a dark cloud monster that makes a sucking noise and paralyzes you while sleeping on your back.

On a different forum in a similar topic, a person described an event very similar to my experience. I have no slept on my back once since then as I get terribly frightened of it coming back.

One of the scariest things about this is after looking at the clock, it all occurred withing 8 or so minutes since I went to bed, not enough time for me to enter REM sleep as it generally takes me 15-30 minutes to fall asleep.

I have later experienced a different sleep paralysis that had no violent visions, noise, or pulsating sensation while sleeping. It happened after sleeping for a long time. The general explanation for sleep paralysis is how your body freezes itself to keep from moving around in dreams and sometimes this carries over when you awake. I believe the body paralyzing itself happened the second time, but the first time was... very different.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

It was the night i got my new computer and it was pretty late, 11pm ish. Dunno why but i was sat in the dark, i felt something on my arm, made me [cabbage] myself. Turns out it was a spider.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Sleep Paralysis. Now there's something to talk about.

Yep, sleep paralysis was the most terrifying experience of my life, I've only had it once though. I was just drifting off and like you starting imagining things in my head, like I was watching a film. It was like a dream, the events and plot were totally bizarre, but I was conscious of being awake. This weird thing happens in the dream and I just completely froze, I couldn't move at all and I could hear my heart beating really, really hard. I know it might sound ridiculous but I was pretty young at the time and I actually thought I was dying, trying to yell for help but I had no control over my body. It stopped after about a minute and I tried to stay awake for the whole night, it was so weird... Anyone else had it?

Scariest paranormal thing that has happened to me was when we heard footsteps in an empty church hall. We were locking the place up after we hired the hall for a youth club thing, me and a friend went to double check the main hall, the one with the pews/organ, where the main service is held on a sunday, we stepped into the hall about a metre from the door and were gazing at the stained glass window, completely silent. I was about to tell my friend to leave when i heard the sound of footsteps on the floor, we looked at each other, took another look around then they bolted and i was off straight after them.

We quickly locked up and checked with the rest of the people that were there that it wasn't just one of them but they were all in the car park loading up the van.

Got goosebumps writing this out haha. Scary stuff.

Nothing like a good scare once in a while to blow the cobwebs away. :lol:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

There are a lot of people trying to talk to ghosts, or at least hear them using things like cassette-recorders, etc.

Something which was kinda freaky was yesterday. Me and my mate had just organized a party outside in my garden, and we stayed outside a bit after (it was dark). For a joke I just said "Haha, imagine if a ghost would pop-up!", it kinda scared him, and it actually scared me a bit too, with the thought of that happening. "Meh, that would be kinda scary..." I continued, when at once I hear a branch from one of the trees crack, and suddenly a cat (which comes around a lot) comes out, then just goes on. I have no idea how the cat got in the tree without us knowing though, but I guess it just jumped over from a different tree or something.

I have more, but I can't remember 'em.

EDIT: Erichermit, damn, you're freaking me out, and you reminded me of something that happened to me once...

I was sleeping, and I was kinda dreaming (kinda because it felt like I was awake at the same time, was pretty weird, can't describe it), and I think it were hooded men or men-like things or aliens or whatever it was, they were standing around my bed, and they seemed to be cutting open around my heart area. I suddenly woke up and felt a very painful stinging sensation around my heart area, which I still feel from time to time. It actually took me a while to link the pain to that dream-like experience.

I suddenly don't feel like sleeping.

:shock:

Issy2 and Erichermit, all that talk about sleep paralysis has got me really creeped out. Lol. It's some of the scariest stuff ive heard about, and also some of the other stories in this thread have given me the chills.

Keep up the stories guys, even if they are creeping me out. ::'

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

If you watch Ghost Hunters on SCI-FI every Wednesday night you will have many paranormal experiences.

ANYWAYS!

I was at the Columbian House in Waterloo Ohio (One of the most haunted places in ohio) and I went upstairs and saw the figure of a girl walking into a wall.

link.png