New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man something's wrong with ym comp....It meets all the standards, yet the game won't load. I have enough RAM, GHZ, Java is newest version, everything...

If my computer can run Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, KOTOR, and all that stuff, then it should certainly be able to load this...right?

I knew they were going to screw it up and they did.

Low detail isn't the good old version its a messed up low res version of the HD.

I can't tell the gender of my character anymore.

And the face is all shriveled up to a point to look like a rat with those stupid oversized dumbo ears.

Yea nice update...

Thank god I have a dragon full helm which still looks the same.

If I keep playing, I'll never take it off...

Oh and thanks for the 20% price increase jagex, I was wondering how you would stay afloat with a year full of garbage updates... but hey its just another buck.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I might be quitting... this game looks too damn cartoony now, and my character looks like a girl

i feel you. :( my armor looks so swelled up. also, the lag is tremendous.

Yeah, I look like a girl there is a huge lag time for typing and other stuff even with a 512 mb graphic , 512mb ram, and 2.6ghz procesor. Keep in mind this is in the low detail version. They need the older versions also to stay in operations.

Getting another sig

[removed]

They both use Java, so on slower computers they can clash and cause issues.

But he still at least has the bare minimum. Maybe it's because you're playing on Linux? I haven't tried my LiveCD version with it yet, but I don't care to set up internet on it again. :|

1) My machine is an AMD Athlon X2 1.9GHz processor, running Ubuntu 8.04. 2GB of RAM, 160GB hard drive, and an NVIDIA 7000M integrated graphics card. It meets/exceeds specs.

2) It shouldn't matter whether or not I'm playing on Linux. Java is OS-independent.

I'll keep rooting around for a solution, dunno if anyone else has the same problem or found a workaround yet.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Low detail isn't the good old version its a messed up low res version of the HD.

And the face is all shriveled up to a point to look like a rat with those stupid oversized dumbo ears.

Yea nice update...

Oh and thanks for the 20% price increase jagex, I was wondering how you would stay afloat with a year full of garbage updates... but hey its just another buck.

if you subscribe before aug 4th the price increase wont effect you, and second, its 95 cents, not a big differnce. If 95 cents is a huge problem for you, how are you paying the $5 a month now?

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

Jagex certainly has a novel view of white, most everything that was white before now looks like its been dragged through a good deal of dirt.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Jagex certainly has a novel view of white, most everything that was white before now looks like its been dragegd through a good deal of dirt.

I had noticed that, which bugs me, because my all-white outfit doesn't work anymore, since the Princess Blouse/skirt looks more gray than white.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

^^^ agreed. so hard to play castle wars having to keep going to the corner of the screen and pray then go back to inv then go to special but i like how you can close it to get more view

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

just tries full screen on my friends computer.

Quad core 2.4ghz processor

4gb DDR2 ram

8800GTS 512mb video card

No lag of any kind, even at Grand exchange, simply amazing. Unlike my comp which lags bad at busy places like ge and major cities. :x

Still it's fine when im killing monsters so i'll stick with these new graphics, may not play fullscreen as i like using msn and browsing.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

OMFG SAVE ME!!! MY CHARACTER GOT TURNED INTO AN ALIEN!!

JUST LOOK AT HIS HEAD!! i zoomed it in so you could see it clearly!!

no this is not just a random glitch, my character has been looking like this for hours :o!!

alien.jpg

bllllonz.png

I bet you that all the people that quit cuz Jagex took away wildy wish they'd never quit now :lol:

Great job Jagex, now to wait for my membership to get in to use the full screen :thumbsup:

NOTE: If you dont want to wait 12-14 days, DO NOT mail-in your payment. I've learned that from experience... -.- :wall:

mostorganized2.jpg

4cbc39f2_e406_2d21.gif

Yea nice update...

LOL

This is exactly the reason why I'm quitting. On male characters our chests are so forward it looks like we have melons upstairs if you know what I mean.

And Jagex misleaded us-By Low Detail I thought they meant the good old one like you said?- and what do we get? A diluted version of the new HD? WTF is that?

And to tie in with your last point-Our heads are disproportioned to the rest of our bodies-it's just ridiculous. It is a beta update, but I don't think the complete version will do any better than this. I want the old detail, but Jagex misleaded us and now we're stuck with this. That's why I'm quitting.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Yea nice update...

LOL

This is exactly the reason why I'm quitting. On male characters our chests are so forward it looks like we have melons upstairs if you know what I mean.

And Jagex misleaded us-By Low Detail I thought they meant the good old one like you said?- and what do we get? A diluted version of the new HD? WTF is that?

And to tie in with your last point-Our heads are disproportioned to the rest of our bodies-it's just ridiculous. It is a beta update, but I don't think the complete version will do any better than this. I want the old detail, but Jagex misleaded us and now we're stuck with this. That's why I'm quitting.

bye

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Yea nice update...

LOL

Read the bolded parts. Jagex didn't mislead you, you decided to go with your own assumption and just think that the old graphics would stay. The never said it would all be exactly the same. And even if they did (which they didn't), these graphics update(note the "up" part) are more loved than hated.For every one of you bitter people willing to quit because of graphics, there are 20 more people that love the update. And even MORE people that came back to the game because of new graphics.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yea nice update...

LOL

Read the bolded parts. Jagex didn't mislead you, you decided to go with your own assumption and just think that the old graphics would stay. The never said it would all be exactly the same. And even if they did (which they didn't), these graphics update(note the "up" part) are more loved than hated.For every one of you bitter people willing to quit because of graphics, there are 20 more people that love the update. And even MORE people that came back to the game because of new graphics.

It's misleading when Jagex says something and then later it's not true. I understand about HD being optional- so we can play back on our old detail. But where is it? Why are we stuck with this generic version of HD for low detail?

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

@ Geekguy, because i don't want to continue a quote chain.

I'll repeat what i already said then. Maybe in all caps, JAGEX NEVER SAID IT WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME. You assumed it. Your assumption was wrong. Jagex didn't lie to you. Jagex didn't mislead you. You just thought that nothing at all would change.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.