New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

Looks great, can't play it tho. Hope they remove the HD things from low detail, my characters beard and hair dosen't look the same that i picked years ago from the barber shop. Haven't found alternative style that would look enywhere near the same.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you that all the people that quit cuz Jagex took away wildy wish they'd never quit now :lol:

Can't say I do, I played for gameplay, not for the still cheesy graphics.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Graphics look awesome.

Anyone know if the BTS came out yesterday, i can't find it anywhere on the site.

it's coming out after the first week because of preparations.

Graphics look awesome.

Anyone know if the BTS came out yesterday, i can't find it anywhere on the site.

Next Week, it says.

Curson don't show up on fs mode, I love playing normally though, then I can browse tif while playing still :)

Love it :D

(not really a fan of full helms though)

KHAZARD PLATE IS HAWT!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Graphics look awesome.

Delayed until next week, they didn't want to take anything away from the new graphics update.

Dark_Jab.png

Playing Runescape at 1680x1050 res is almost enough incentive to re-buy my membership. And perhaps an excuse to buy a GTX 280... Agh, the screenshots look so pretty :?

Plus, in f2p my character looks like a violently twitching pile of clay.

Also, I find it odd that the beta is only being offered to members. Maybe Jagex (perhaps rightly) believe f2pers won't be as effective at weeding out bugs as members, but it strikes me as odd that something which will be available to everyone is, for the moment, being reserved for members. I'm beginning to think this beta might last for a while...

Most likely it's because of the epic lag that people would encounter if all players started downloading the new graphics. Look what happened when "only" the members downloaded the graphics yesterday. Servers went down, and lag was incredible for most people.

Now that they've spread it bandwith is at least a bit conserved. I still hold my breath for when F2P will be able to access the new graphics.

You can call this Runescape 3 :)

Yes, im my eyes this is RS3, even if Jagex doesn't want to call it that. ;)

I looked up some WoW players responses of the new graphics and they still think Runescape is crap...no surprise there then.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I've been playing all day, it ran perfect, now it says it can't find the 3d library.

According the jagex on the official forums that problem occurs when you try and load 2 instances of runescape hd.

So either you've got it open somewhere and are trying to load another window OR you comp is playing silly buggers and never quit the java applet properly

Rofl, playing silly buggers made me lol.

What the fl0oo0o0o0p I can't load RS anymore. Was running it 100% fine earlier, 4x AA as well. Just gives me the:

"Error_game_caps - Graphics card does not have minimum required features."

message.

Guess all I can do is restart comp and hope it is OK, otherwise ALL HOPE IS LOST

Edit: Ya it fixed itself after a restart, back to good ol RS now

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Well, it looks like i'm late to the party.

I haven't played RS HD on this PC yet (256mb RAM and 800mhz), but it's playing fine on the lowest settings, if not more or less the same before the graphics update. I was worried the character convo portraits would cause a lot of lag but i guess i ate stupid cake by accident on that one.

Aside from a few aesthetic gripes, i think it's safe to say that i could care less about how the update looks. Sure, the overhaul took me by surprise, but if i first thought that RS2 "looked okay", i'd say RS2.9 would be just as "okay". That and the negative responses on the update are sounding almost exactly like Diablo fans who complain that Diablo 3's graphics looks too homosexual for their unpredictable standards. I still, however, don't like how the scimitar (a giant can opener) and 2h sword (ogrish shovel) looks, so i guess that counts as something.

Oh well, bite me in the cheeks with your terrifying maws of righteousness, i guess. One has to be a casual gamer to say something so ambivalent (or apathetic), which is what i probably am being right now.

How impulsive of me.

shinchiitamanxv8.png

It's alot brighter :shock: than the old one, but its still better cuz it doesnt look all gloomy

like a fresh new RS!

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

(I'll post my thoughts about the main topic later, after I read all the posts... I just felt why2060 could use some verbal help.)

My screen goes really fuzzy when i try and play anybody know why?

2dbv6lg.jpg

Since it is showing in your screenshot, I can tell you that it is your video driver. Start a thread in the "Tech & Computers" area of these forums so people can help you. 8-)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I can't believe it actualy works on my comp because i dont meet the minimum requirements but it actualy workt even in full screen :) although its impossible to go the G.E. XD

my system specs

224mb ram >.<

32mb video card XD

800 mhz lol

Wow :o

Just looking through some of the screenshots I can see they've done well on updating the graphics. Looks really nice while still looking and feeling like RuneScape. Almost makes me want to start playing again!

Maybe now some of the WoW fanboys will now give it a chance and realise it's not so bad and the gameplay is much more in-depth.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png