New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

I might be quitting... this game looks too damn cartoony now, and my character looks like a girl

i feel you. :( my armor looks so swelled up. also, the lag is tremendous.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, people actually liked the corny graphics?

I know now and days game developers are moving into more graphics now, but the ability to play FS and have nice graphics in a browser with a good decent PC anywhere is a huge plus.

It runs ok on my computer..

I thought they were going to keep the old modes of runescape, have the Low Detail, High Detail, and High Def as three options, but I guess they improved Low & High Detail, to the dismay of people that already had troubles running RS..

What I REALLY want to know is if the fact that Skele's don't respawn from their own bones any more is permanent or glitch?

what i really like is when i'm asking if anybody else is having lag issues when they shouldn't be and a tipit mod locks me up and shuffles me on this bloated 18 page thread whose discussion has deviated far from what I was talking about.

But hey, that's ok. i think tipit has been less helpful and useful to me over the last few weeks. the technical problems i've experienced on this site i have no problems with on any other site i use, but it's my fault right?

The Tip.It Times isn't worth reading anymore, but that's just opinon I guess.

The biggest update of the year comes out on runescape today and let's shuffle everybody's discussion into one thread to make it....what...easier?

so i guess now it'll be interesting to see how fast this account can get banned. have fun tip.iters.

rssig2.png

daviddo9.jpg

Lol some lvl 30 odd came up to me today asking what a graphics card is, where to get one and then how much it will cost.

I don't get why so many people complain about lagg and glitches. Its the BETA release, they can't make ti 100% bug free. And on the lagg, i got worse lagg than this on the last update of that quest. Lagging is all part of updates, and with such a huge one, and with so much extra data needing to be downloaded by people and extra things being loaded, it will cause lagg for a few days, no reason to quit over it its part of the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

daviddo9.jpg

His ignorance and irony are his undoing. Awesome.

By the way, I'm curious -- has anyone else had a weird error with their Firefox? If I leave High Detail, Firefox crashes literally five seconds later. Think it's already been posted on the RSOF, and I'm using the latest drivers from NVIDIA (with much weeping and gnashing of teeth), but I wanted to see if anyone else knew anything. Hopefully a temp fix could be found. :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

After my initial shock at seeing the updated front page (sure as heck didn't expect that), I promptly tried to get on the HD version, which turned out to be a not-so-good idea, since I was still at the Gargoyles and lagging like crazy. Still survived, but I doubt I'll be doing much in the wat of dangerous comabt until the lag's taken care of.

Though from what I've seen, the graphics are much nicer...

Except the close-up of my face. What the heck did they do to me?

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

[img=http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7725/daviddo9.jpg]

By the way, I'm curious -- has anyone else had a weird error with their Firefox? If I leave High Detail, Firefox crashes literally five seconds later. Think it's already been posted on the RSOF, and I'm using the latest drivers from NVIDIA (with much weeping and gnashing of teeth), but I wanted to see if anyone else knew anything. Hopefully a temp fix could be found. :P

I'm running it on Firefox 3, Safari, IE7, and Opera, all fine.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

[img=http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7725/daviddo9.jpg]

I'm running it on Firefox 3, Safari, IE7, and Opera, all fine.

Check under tools > add-ons and disable talkback.

It uses java to run and therefore means it can clash with rs and cause errors

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Either I don't have talkback, or I can't find it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Talkback is a tool used by Mozilla to submit software crash reports. I don't see why you'd want to disable that if you're crashing. :? I have talkback and it's running just fine, so I don't think that's enough to make you crash. I'd just restart and clear your RAM; it worked for me.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Omg! I could get on this morning, but now it's being a pain in the [wagon]! (it's been doing this all day that I've tried). It starts up loading and freezes at "Loaded Interfaces" (right before it will go to the login screen, I know it's frozen since I waited for it for a half hour). Then, it comes up with the 3D Library error, and I restart Firefox and "restart the cycle". Any help?

Edit: I'll try to update Java. Time to finally get rid of those 3 "Java Update Available" things on the taskbar.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

Talkback is a tool used by Mozilla to submit software crash reports. I don't see why you'd want to disable that if you're crashing. :? I have talkback and it's running just fine, so I don't think that's enough to make you crash. I'd just restart and clear your RAM; it worked for me.

They both use Java, so on slower computers they can clash and cause issues.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

They both use Java, so on slower computers they can clash and cause issues.

But he still at least has the bare minimum. Maybe it's because you're playing on Linux? I haven't tried my LiveCD version with it yet, but I don't care to set up internet on it again. :|

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Sooo...my system meets and exceeds the requirements needed for the new high detail, but for some reason, despite everything else looking great and running smoothly, ALL of my tabs and item icons appear smudged and blurry. Here are pictures below to show you what I mean:

messup1eq2.png

messup2mj9.png

Any ideas on what's happening and how I can fix it?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

the so called lvl.-1 in action.(i call it the underworld!!!)

underworldhd.jpg

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

It looks like a graphic rendering problem, only thing I can think of is to check if your graphics card has the latest drivers.

I checked that already and it says I do indeed have the latest drivers.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png