New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

to all the people saying "i knew jagex couldnt do this right" may i ask how you would do it "right"?

and i dont lagg at all and i only barely meet a few of the requirements so the cause of your lagg is probably your isp or you jsut have a bad connection to the internet

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lagg at croweded areas like the g.e but no lagg anywhere else. ;)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

to all the people saying "i knew jagex couldnt do this right" may i ask how you would do it "right"?

make sure it doesnt lagg like a constipated person going for a number 2 before?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Found glitch. -.-

Wear a beret with dreadlocks and then take off u wont have dreadlocks anymore, u'll be bald.

By the way new graphics look worse than old 1s. lol

Same with an elemental helm and short curtains :|

@ Previous poster: So many people are loading the game no wonder it lags. It's gonna be gone 3-7 days from now.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

y_anima"]

They can't control how your computer will react really.

I hope not anyway.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

y_anima"]

Are you THAT ignorant? Jagex has NO control over how your computer handles an update of this size...

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

all i know is that some computers can handle this really well. I don't even lag on the highest resalution with all the details maxed, full screen, and at the GE.

P.S. Probably gonna be less active on tif thanks to full screen :thumbsup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Well, no disconnection on Fullscreen this far for me. But I lag after every 2 steps, lol. System Update now, gonna see what they fix.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

y_anima"]

Technically a constipated person would be going for a number 2 anyway..

Anyway, doing it "right"? This is how I would do it :

Release either just the High Detail mode or both of these new modes as BETA. Keep the old low detail mode for those who preferred the old graphics. Wait until bugs/lag are fixed before releasing the full screen mode. Still, keep the old low detail mode.

So at the end of it you would have : High Detail mode for those who have the specs, and the old low detail for those who don't. At some point perhaps release the "new" low detail mode if there's enough requests for it. It wouldnt be hard ; there would be less complaints, less lag, people would be able to use the old RS graphics if wanted or upgrade to the HD mode. As far as I can see the "new" low detail mode serves no real purpose at all, since it offers next to none of the HD textures, while maintaining the poor character models/glitches. I really felt there would be an option to carry on playing one of the old detail modes when this update came up, when Jagex said the update was "optional". When the lag subsides perhaps it will improve but at the moment the update feels forced upon those who don't like the update/can't use the HD mode.

Duckie_Wins.png

So far... so good!

FYI - Running near minimum requirements:

1.8 Ghz

512 MB RAM

64 MB NVIDIA (integrated)

Lag minimal... no crashes... initial load time was a couple of minutes, but much faster on subsequent logins.

Most lag occurs when visiting a new area for the first time, but I noticed that when I return to an area that I've already visited then there seems to be little lag/reload time... dare I say... even faster than before... :shock:

Wow, sounds like you guys are having bad luck.

After 30 minutes of loading on my dial up connection, it rarely lags, and you dont have to use full screen fyi.

Also, this is just a BETA Mode not the full thing. They will fix all the nuts and bolts as time passes.

I think its a good update, Ill upload a pic of barrows in a few.

EDIT:

Now its not working...

It will probably be a week before all the bad bug are gone. Just make do until then.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]