New Skill.... Sailing?

Melter

Hey man do you know if we can take our horse onto the boat we sail on?

Of course we can! lolololoolll the skill would be renamed Sail-horsing!!!

Ok now, this topic should be get locked seriously... behind the scenes prove this fake

how did it prove it was a fake? just coz it wasnt mentioned doesnt means it not in the pipe line...

hmmmm... sounds alot like what they did with construction to me.

although it would be kinda hard to think of ways to train/use a sailing skill.

billybobj282.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has in NO way been proven fake. Multiple people say the icon. And what is this?

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

03-Jul-2008 21:02:05

Dun dun duuuuun!

What is that mysterious staff the human is wielding, what cape is that on his back?

Is that dragon Elvarg or perhaps "mommy" had a darling child growing up somewhere before some nasty player slayed her...

Maybe I am just making things up to distract you from me stealing all your gold...

You'll just have to wait and see.

* MMH ~

[MMH's post ends here]

WHAT CAPE IS THAT ON HIS BACK

And how can you steal gold from other players....Mabey he is looting a ship to get it?

A PLAYER OWNED SHIP

QFC to prove this 15-16-68-57083662

LOL

Taken from a post made by fourm mod Fedorca99

--------------------

Well, we've taken a different approach, following RuneScape High Detail with some updates that have been anticipated for a very long time...

A wind of change has been blowing about Tutorial Island, however, and it's brought a whiff of danger with it...

You thought Lumbridge was only for learning the ropes,

So, you thought July was only about the graphical updates? It would seem that RuneScape has other ideas...

I'm still thinking sailing is coming... :lol:

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Taken from a post made by fourm mod Fedorca99

--------------------

Well, we've taken a different approach, following RuneScape High Detail with some updates that have been anticipated for a very long time...

A wind of change has been blowing about Tutorial Island, however, and it's brought a whiff of danger with it...

You thought Lumbridge was only for learning the ropes,

So, you thought July was only about the graphical updates? It would seem that RuneScape has other ideas...

I'm still thinking sailing is coming... :lol:

No, you fail

*Gets awesome powers and destroys topic with kame-hame-ha*

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

wow: i can see crop lines, the horse is the most fake thing i ever saw, and you even put a highscore on it. Please dont hijack my thread.

How is this hijacking your thread? Aren't we still posting pictures of fake skills we made in mspaint using youtube videos that don't even show the outline of a sailboat?

Hold on, there are rocks on the island! bricklaying skill? The cape looks kinda like an arrow pointing down, as in PUTTING DOWN BRICKS.

No wait! There's an ocean. Do I smell pulling salt from said ocean and selling it on the market? The cape does look kinda like a sieve.

No wait! I can't believe any of you daft noobs didn't think about this. Dragon, Island, Boat, Player, Staff, Cape, Ocean. Clearly it's Player Owned Islands that you receive by reclaiming them from dragons via boats that are filled with horse riding and sailing skill capes, where you leave the boat to come across the staff with unlimited runes in it but you're in 55 wilderness with other players, and the dragon drops the mythical Dragon platebody, but only once you figure out how to train your uncooking level.

I LOL'd so f'ing hard...I think I burst a gut.

Sailing would be the stupidest skill in the world.

Even if POB's came out, they would just be an update to construction.

And 'horsing' (Wtf? Fail) would just be an update to summoning.

Heh, uncooking skill

We probably will have a Sailing/Boating Skill eventually, but I doubt we're gonna get it right after Summoning was just released. New skills cause the most hype when it comes to updates, so it's likely that Jagex isn't going to stop at Summoning. It's just too soon for a new skill to be coming though.

As for Horsing... :lol: Jagex already said that we don't really need anymore land-transportation methods and making a whole skill for that is just a waste.

We'll probably see new skills such as Archeology, Sailing, Music, Science, and Artistry later on. Those are some of the J Mods' and players' favorites as you can see in the Suggestion Forum of RSOF.

I would seriously see no reason for a Sailing skill.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I would seriously see no reason for a Sailing skill.

Really? I see a lot of potential.

Gather materials for your boat. Build it, customize it, make it look unique. Sail to a chain of islands and explore the ones you have the level to land on. Pass obstructions, search for treasure, gain XP.

If it was like that, it would probably be one of my favorite skills.

i don't know what to think. i'd like a new skill but what would be the use of it? sailing yourself to karamja, the void knight outpost or even lunar isle? what would be the use of the captains n' those customer officers? will they be removed? hope jagex finds some good answers ;)

i really think that "horsing" skill pic - table is fake cuz off 2 reasons

you can see black lines around the horse image

the person in the pic is ranked which is highly doubtfull since noone has been able to train it yet

Lol....fail.

I'd say sailing is pretty much a dumb skill if they ever made it..

I see people building their own boats to leave Jagex :o

Hey Monk im sailing to Entrana on my own boat -.-

*few minutes l8er* It sank cause some pirate thought it was a dumb skill #-o

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P

Do not suggest

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?24,25,563,52282888

Ctrl+F

Animals/Riding

Animals:

Abusing animals

Horses/Riding (All animals & machines: Riding a goat or a bike is still riding!)*

So I think Sailing is similar to riding so it will probably not happen, But who knows the truth?

Besides we already have boats why do we want a skill about Sailing?

Maybe a member of JaGeX staff did it for a laugh and see if the person who put it on the main website would notice. (Doubt it but you never know...)

Also the image does look kinda fake.

Is there more proof of this? Did you take the picture? Or did some1 use MS paint and make a lot of people fall for it? Because seriously, it does happen. ;)

Also...

How does the cape on the main page look anything like a boat?

Did you see how much effort they put into Summoning? I think that would do for a LONG time before they suggest any other skill. They would have atleast told us about it if it was real, they could of said it was a mistake or said in Behind The Scenes or something saying "Soon to come a new skill, Sailing" or similar.

FAKE.

Did every huntable creature exist before Hunter was released? Did patches exits before Farming was released? I think if Sailing did become a skill, Jagex would add in a lot of new islands to explore.

i don't know what to think. i'd like a new skill but what would be the use of it? sailing yourself to karamja, the void knight outpost or even lunar isle? what would be the use of the captains n' those customer officers? will they be removed? hope jagex finds some good answers ;)

It could be pretty fun actually. First you build your ship. So you get all sorts of wood, metal, etc. Then you sail, and discover new unmaped islands, battle with pirates, dig some treasure, go do some diving, find some new fishing spots and fish, discover eastern(asian-like) lands, new gear, host parties on your boat, team-work minigames, battle other players in boats, new dungeons, battle big sea monsters along the way, and so on. Would be amazing.

2480+ total

It could be pretty fun actually. First you build your ship. So you get all sorts of wood, metal, etc. Then you sail, and discover new unmaped islands, battle with pirates, dig some treasure, go do some diving, find some new fishing spots and fish, discover eastern(asian-like) lands, new gear, host parties on your boat, team-work minigames, battle other players in boats, new dungeons, battle big sea monsters along the way, and so on. Would be amazing.

Hmm they could even maybe tie it with Treasure Trails.

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P