New Skill.... Sailing?

Melter

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next skill is obviously bard, there has been proof of it for a long time including the recently leaked image of a "music" cape.

Posted about that almost a year ago - but I can't see much it would be useful for that other skills can't already do. I assume the effects of such a skill would be similar to that of prayer - but with the added advantage of being able to use on other people. It's a skill that's in quite a few RPGs but with Prayer and summoning to a certain extent I just don't see it being needed in Runescape.

Do not suggest

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?24,25,563,52282888

Ctrl+F

Animals/Riding

Animals:

Abusing animals

Horses/Riding (All animals & machines: Riding a goat or a bike is still riding!)*

So I think Sailing is similar to riding so it will probably not happen, But who knows the truth?

Besides we already have boats why do we want a skill about Sailing?

Maybe a member of JaGeX staff did it for a laugh and see if the person who put it on the main website would notice. (Doubt it but you never know...)

Also the image does look kinda fake.

Is there more proof of this? Did you take the picture? Or did some1 use MS paint and make a lot of people fall for it? Because seriously, it does happen. ;)

Also...

How does the cape on the main page look anything like a boat?

Did you see how much effort they put into Summoning? I think that would do for a LONG time before they suggest any other skill. They would have atleast told us about it if it was real, they could of said it was a mistake or said in Behind The Scenes or something saying "Soon to come a new skill, Sailing" or similar.

FAKE.

also if you dont remember they said not to sugest summoning anymore way before it was even mentioned tro be the new skill

Y_Z.png

People are so convinced that this is going to be coming out that they're making something out of nothing.. a la the shadows on the cape making a sailboat. Ever heard of LIGHTS and SHADOWS? People get so wrapped up in trying to find clues and evidence that they forget, ignore, and shun logical explanations and jump blindly to conclusions.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

this feature will make organising your items into tabs a breeze, since you can drag items into existing or new tabs from the search results view.

I guess some people may class it as evidence, not sure why I'm posting it though tbh. :P I'll check to see if there's anything else mentioned.

Nope, the only one so I highly doubt it's related.

imagangster.png

I read a post on the rsof, the list of possible hints and mod quotes were pretty convincing that sailing will be a skill.

You can't just say that and have us take your word for it.

Can you please post examples/screenshots?

The quick find code is 16-17-788-57171914

swordwarior.png

i decided to look into the cape on the banner

i put it in photoshop and coped the guy.

i then changed the contrast, brightness, and sharpened it

i then selected the white and replaced it with read so it would stand out more.

this is what i got

24828525ip2.jpg

i think its safe to say it is a sailboat.

New Sig Coming soon!

it does look like a sailboat if you look at it sideways. I dont know if it will be this month, or the next but I see a new skill coming soon. It would fall inline with skills being every 6 months also.

Low_C.png

Dunno could be interesting, I would like it if you could sail around blasting the bad guys and discovering islands and new civilizations and slowly map the entire ocean of runescape. I dont know how you would get levels in it though.. seems like an add-on to construction, but we said that about Summoning and magic so we will see :D

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Arr! I want to be a mighty pirate! Arr!

Will it be sitting in a boat and measuring winds and adjusting sails and stuff hours after hours? To get from point A to point B? Delivering merchandise perhaps and fending off pirates and storms. Then getting bigger and faster ships while you gain levels and maybe ability to hire some npc crew members. Then some freelancer pirating once and while. :-k On what will the experience be based on?

I could more likely see it as a new minigame, but if it's a new skill then it will be extremely interesting to see how Jagex manages it.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

As much as I really want Sailing to be real, I'm still a little skeptical of this evidence. :P

I'm kind of on the fence with it really. If I'd only seen these supposed leaked screenshots, I'd be inclined to disbelieve the whole idea, but some of the things the J-Mods have said, plus the BTS and other various things, has made a small part of me believe it's a possibility.

Either way, I think people are looking far too deep into this whole cape thing. If that really is a boat (or anything else) on it, wouldn't it be bigger and clearer? I think it's just the light casting shadows on the folds, personally.

What's annoying me about this entire thing is the amount of people dismissing sailing as a crap skill before we even know if it exists or not. Use your bloody imagination people, it has great potential.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

You know, there are a few reasons why this probably wouldn't happen.

One, if you look in the suggestions forum, on a few of the stickies it says that they are not interested in new forms of transportation. They think there are more than enough ways to get around the runescape world with general ease. Most major places have a teleport, boats go almost anywhere, and are generally very cheap, and you have fairy rings that take you to a LOT of places. What POSSIBLE use could sailing have? And really, does that look like a SAIL on that picture? Really, if you look CLOSELY, it is.... -gasp- the symbol for DEFENCE! If you look at the skills interface, they look quite similar except for the "boat" part, which is just... A wrinkle... Oh noes! A WRINKLE MEANS SAILING!!

Not to mention the fact that the cape is blue and white... And what else is blue and white? The defense cape ;] You are making mountains out of molehills. There is really nothing there. And yes, there may be a new skill. But sailing? HA. Jagex is notorious for putting in images that are never implimented into the game (I.e. dragon pick.)

signature