New Skill.... Sailing?

Melter

Do not suggest

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?24,25,563,52282888

Ctrl+F

Animals/Riding

Animals:

Abusing animals

Horses/Riding (All animals & machines: Riding a goat or a bike is still riding!)*

So I think Sailing is similar to riding so it will probably not happen, But who knows the truth?

Besides we already have boats why do we want a skill about Sailing?

Maybe a member of JaGeX staff did it for a laugh and see if the person who put it on the main website would notice. (Doubt it but you never know...)

Also the image does look kinda fake.

Is there more proof of this? Did you take the picture? Or did some1 use MS paint and make a lot of peo

How does the cape on the main page look anything like a boat?

Did you see how much effort they put into Summoning? I think that would do for a LONG time before they suggest any other skill. They would have atleast told us about it if it was real, they could of said it was a mistake or said in Behind The Scenes or something saying "Soon to come a new skill, Sailing" or similar.

If you look at the rs forums it also says not to suggest organization for a bank (which is already coming out this month) just because it says on the suggestion forum to not suggest it doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

And yea summoning took them a while to come out with but if you remember the release date difference between construction and hunter were about half a year (its been almost over half a year since summoning came out now)

It might be real, if you look at the guys cape it sorta looks like the cape concept on the whole dragon plate pic on jagexs website (but thats a whole other thing)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know what to think. i'd like a new skill but what would be the use of it? sailing yourself to karamja, the void knight outpost or even lunar isle? what would be the use of the captains n' those customer officers? will they be removed? hope jagex finds some good answers ;)

It could be pretty fun actually. First you build your ship. So you get all sorts of wood, metal, etc. Then you sail, and discover new unmaped islands, battle with pirates, dig some treasure, go do some diving, find some new fishing spots and fish, discover eastern(asian-like) lands, new gear, host parties on your boat, team-work minigames, battle other players in boats, new dungeons, battle big sea monsters along the way, and so on. Would be amazing.

Hmm they could even maybe tie it with Treasure Trails.

So basically take one of the worst things in RS NOW (since the top hat/cane/masks update, average clues are under 30k) and add even more complicated things to it?

nh.jpg

centrik might not need COLORS to say "fake",

but i might need NEON FLASHING LIGHTS to say that jagex is trying to get our hopes up

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Not bashing anyone here, espically not you because I doubt you created the images. but i doubt sailing is going to be a skill; anytime soon.

Imagine the difficulty of creating a skill where everyone can have a boat. it could mess up quest requirements; make many things obselete and overall very difficult to train or develop. No I think sailing is fake.

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

Umm... very few people seem to have caught this.. but I'm very certain that the "horsing" skill was a complete and utter joke. :wall:

l0l wtf I'm pretty sure everyone realised that.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

I don't think it is sailing, but I do think sailing would have something to do with what I'm thinking.

Keep in mind that in a couple of places on Runescape state that there are "eastern lands" that obviously refer to Asian lands. One example is that of the NPC in the Armor fighting room in the Warriors Guild is from the east, and in the Ghosts Ahoy quest you have to get a signed bow from Robin Hood to a traveler from the east.

Now I know Jagex has stated that they do not want any "eastern style" suggestions (I'll know that you've read up to this point) but perhaps this is an adventurer skill? Traveling? Exploring?

I think you get my point from here. Perhaps different kinds of boats could get you different places, different islands would have different stuff, and the higher you get the bigger boat you can make, thus, allowing you to travel farther, i.e. the "eastern lands."

Just a random thought that went through my head is all, seems like this would be a lot of trouble and take a long time to code, so perhaps not, but would be cool to finally have eastern tastes in the game...

Goten6456.png

Now, most of us dont have a problem with distinguishing RS from reality, and we all know that if you hit someone with an axe in real life they dont drop 3gp and some bones then respawn a few seconds later.

I think the skill could be somewhat of Construction-like, and have a Player owned ship, and slowly build it up to be better than others, ship battles, new PvP ways etc.

Its promising, but until i see the big words "Sailing Skill" on the Runescape front page, I am not going to be getting my hopes up for any new skills.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Also on the following 3 minutes the skill was shown on the highscore, there was another skill shown:

[hide=Large Image proof]lolfakedn0.jpg[/hide]

So we might expect TWO skills this month :thumbsup:

obvious fake. :notalk:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Also on the following 3 minutes the skill was shown on the highscore, there was another skill shown:

[hide=Large Image proof]lolfakedn0.jpg[/hide]

So we might expect TWO skills this month :thumbsup:

obvious fake. :notalk:

O RLY? Mr. Obvious?

You could also check the name of the jpg... it's just an idea

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Umm... very few people seem to have caught this.. but I'm very certain that the "horsing" skill was a complete and utter joke. :wall:

I was about to post the same thing but apparently some people don't

Like the person above me

Just like some people actually think some boat that can be made in two minutes it's actual proof that a new skill is comming out...

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I was about to post the same thing but apparently some people don't

Like the person above me

Just like some people actually think some boat that can be made in two minutes it's actual proof that a new skill is comming out...

Yep Georgelemmons proved me wrong :(

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

A friend told me that Jagex was branching out by advertising on different game sites. He told me that "Miniclips.com" was one, so I went to check it out. Not only was a link for Runescape there, but check out what else was stated.

w6y2qv.jpg

Noticed what I underlined, OVER 25 SKILLS! As of right now, there are only 24 skills in the game. Could there be a possible new skill in our horizon?

may not be sailing may be sailing.

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I hope the next skill have something to do with music (obviously is not sailing that's ridiculuous) I lov music :)

its not that ridivuluous. if you read treads about it. and ps. your post got removed cause it was spam, so i say to you "lolowned"

The next skill is obviously bard, there has been proof of it for a long time including the recently leaked image of a "music" cape.

maybe that would be nice to, but i like to say i got no [bleep]ing clue what skill its going to be ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Hey, wait everybody i've got it now!

Its The jumping skill.

Dont believe me? There is solid evidenve

Check the Postbag 21 and read the 4th Letter:

http://www.runescape.com/c=-4fe85a6b/kb ... cle_id=452

It quotes the Childerkin of Karamja:

Ello Roo Nightmans,

Fanks loads fer savin us mister. Dem gublunches smelt of boiled sweets and wet dogs like nan does.

Anyway seems like yer intrested in our jumpin mister so eres why we jump.

1. Jumpin is better than minin. I never wanna go minin ever again cos jumpin is so much more funner. Im gonna be a jumpin pure an only get my jumpin stats up. Im gonna get a jumpin skillcape wiv a jumpin emote an everyun will want me to do their high level jumpin for em.

2. If you jump enough then yer start forgeting stuff that appened that morning cos yer memmerys start to leap outta yer ears.

3. If you jump fast enuff then you look taller.

4. If yer all jump at once den the world is lighter an thats amazin.

Fanks for yer letter.

Jonah who is 7 3/4

This is freaking ridiculous.. unbearably hideous. Why the heck would you want a sailing skill? To drive around the sea with a boat? How fun.. :roll: why not just make it a mini game, as opposed to a whole 'nother money sink skill.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I read a post on the rsof, the list of possible hints and mod quotes were pretty convincing that sailing will be a skill.

You can't just say that and have us take your word for it.

Can you please post examples/screenshots?

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Well i highly dobut that there is a new skill coming out, but Jagex has suprised me before (Summoning, graphics updates... A NEW BANK!!!!) :mrgreen:

Yeah, we have just to wait and see. Also if there is a sailing skill, it does sound kinds borning, but if you can explore the oceans and have fight and what not, that be something cool to experince.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I really don't see why people acnt understand the huge potential and varient of non grinding tasks a sailing skill could come with.

The suggestion for a sailing skill has been one of the best and most detailed suggestions from the RSOF in recent years..... their was more than enough content for a whole skill there, and it was well liked by both Jgaex and the players.

Now I did not see the highscores leak personaly, so can never be 100% convinced that the skill is coming, however I am more than willing to belive it may come in the next few months. (I doubt this month as it's pretty packed).

It may come or it may not........ but if it does, there is so much that can be done with it!

-Transport

-fishing

-Piaracy

-trawling

-pvp minigames

-transport minigames

-brand new locations

-rope making (lame but usefull:P)

then there can be construction, crafting, Smithing, theiving, agility updates included.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Yes, also it could be trained like slayer so you get task, such as deliveries and defeating pirates.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.