"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

You've been dating for 3 weeks but haven't actually hung out?

yikes.

I'm shocked that you're still into each other with those kind of circumstances. But the sickness ailments are fairly good excuses. For one, call her often. Not so much that you sound needy and desperate, but enough to let her know you really care. Leave her cute messages on her voicemail/text/online social profile.

But most importantly, GET OUT THERE. Seriously, if you care...make the time. Skip homework for a day just to see her. One day without homework won't kill you.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My guess is that she likes you, but doesn't know how to go about doing anything about it. Either that, or she doesn't want to commit to anything, or doesn't feel ready for a relationship. Regardless, from what you just told us, it seems that she does infact like you. It's your move now.

Hmm... then why would she not seem interested in talking to me? I understand that she might be nervous about it, but even so, I'd expect her to respond with a little enthusiasm when I spoke to her...

(I should probably also mention that she often laughs upon overhearing my comments, amusing or otherwise, but rarely does so when I'm speaking to her directly, even when she's giggling at comments made by others around me.)

Ok, so I have this huge problem.

The other day, the girl I liked asked me who I liked, and knowing that she had a boyfriend, I tried to avoid saying that I liked her (I'm not exactly sure why, but I did). After she had asked me several times, I gave in. But I still didn't want to say that I liked her yet, so I said the name of a random girl. So the girl I like told the girl I said I liked, now she is all flirty with me, and thinks that I like her.

So, what do I do?

Ok, so she broke up with her boyfriend, what do I do now?

Ok, so I have this huge problem.

The other day, the girl I liked asked me who I liked, and knowing that she had a boyfriend, I tried to avoid saying that I liked her (I'm not exactly sure why, but I did). After she had asked me several times, I gave in. But I still didn't want to say that I liked her yet, so I said the name of a random girl. So the girl I like told the girl I said I liked, now she is all flirty with me, and thinks that I like her.

So, what do I do?

Ok, so she broke up with her boyfriend, what do I do now?

Talk to her, flirt with her, flirt with her some more, then some more, then be all "hey I'm going (bowling/ice skating/roller blading/to an ice cream place) (tomorrow/later today/whenever) around (time). you're pretty cool, you want to come too?"

Then when she says yes, go bowling/ice skating/roller blading/to an ice cream place with her and have a good time :thumbup:

Amaranth_GTO.png

My guess is that she likes you, but doesn't know how to go about doing anything about it. Either that, or she doesn't want to commit to anything, or doesn't feel ready for a relationship. Regardless, from what you just told us, it seems that she does infact like you. It's your move now.

Hmm... then why would she not seem interested in talking to me? I understand that she might be nervous about it, but even so, I'd expect her to respond with a little enthusiasm when I spoke to her...

(I should probably also mention that she often laughs upon overhearing my comments, amusing or otherwise, but rarely does so when I'm speaking to her directly, even when she's giggling at comments made by others around me.)

You're further proving my point. She absolutly likes you. Why doens't she seem enthusiastic when talking to you? She's probably scared out of her mind. usually its the guy with that problem, but in a world like today, it's only fair that it happens to a girl here and there as well. She's nervous, and probably isn't exactly comfortable with speaking to you directly yet. It's a frustrating process to overcome. Short of grabbing her and staring into her eyes waiting for her to pass out in shock of her dreams coming true...I don't really know how to cure it :lol:. That's how I was cured though. Girl of my dreams snatched me up and just went to town on me. I haven't been shy around her since :thumbup:

In that case, why is she only nervous talking to me some of the time? It doesn't happen as often as it used to, but we can occasionally have a good conversation (with her treating me just as she would a normal friend). Other times, she shuts me out completely while talking to those around me normally. It's very random and confusing.

One of my friends suggested that she may know that I like her and be nervous abut turning me down, since she considers me a good friend. I'm just curious as to what makes you sure that this isn't the case. :)

Honestly I'd trust your friend over me in this instance, because s/he has a more up close view of the situation. But from what you've told me (the shyness, the enjoyment of your comentary, the staring, etc) i'd fairly certain taht she likes you. I'm pretty nerve wracked around people I like too. It's natural. Maybe she's just got it worse.

I still don't have the guts to go up to a girl I don't know, just out of the blue. I have no idea what to say. Say I'm at the bus stop and I want to approach a girl, what could I say to start a conversation?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I still don't have the guts to go up to a girl I don't know, just out of the blue. I have no idea what to say. Say I'm at the bus stop and I want to approach a girl, what could I say to start a conversation?

Opening is so easy. Just do something playful or ask her opinion on something. If you can't think of something make up a story on a relationship or something else girls are into.

Hey, you're awesome! Hi five! You know what, you're awesome too! Hi five! *do the hair touch thing) Oooooohh I can't believe you fell for that. So....

Hey there, quick opinion on something. I was having a debate with my ex (pre selection, protector of loved ones, check.) about whether or not guys can tell if a girl is wearing make up. I'm pretty sure most guys can't but girls can. (social knowledge, check) (she answers, and you can go on that if you want. otherwise:) Are you wearing make up? (pretty much a guaranteed yes for any girl over 16) Oh, let me see your hand. (slap it playfully, humor, check.)That's for cheating. If she says no, I'm glad you can go out and not be concerned about your looks. (make sure she knows you're joking) 4 attraction switches and you've only started the conversation.

Or just walk up and say: Hey, I'd be kicking myself all day if I didn't come up and say hi to you.

Opening is so easy. Just do something playful or ask her opinion on something. If you can't think of something make up a story on a relationship or something else girls are into.

Hey, you're awesome! Hi five! You know what, you're awesome too! Hi five! *do the hair touch thing) Oooooohh I can't believe you fell for that. So....

Hey there, quick opinion on something. I was having a debate with my ex (pre selection, protector of loved ones, check.) about whether or not guys can tell if a girl is wearing make up. I'm pretty sure most guys can't but girls can. (social knowledge, check) (she answers, and you can go on that if you want. otherwise:) Are you wearing make up? (pretty much a guaranteed yes for any girl over 16) Oh, let me see your hand. (slap it playfully, humor, check.)That's for cheating. If she says no, I'm glad you can go out and not be concerned about your looks. (make sure she knows you're joking) 4 attraction switches and you've only started the conversation.

Or just walk up and say: Hey, I'd be kicking myself all day if I didn't come up and say hi to you.

Okay, I sort of get it now. Thanks :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Opening for me is the easy part, but a lot of the time I find myself running dry on conversation after only a few minutes. Got any tips for smooth escape plans? I'm sick of awkwardly slinking away...especially when I've got no where particular to go.

Opening for me is the easy part, but a lot of the time I find myself running dry on conversation after only a few minutes. Got any tips for smooth escape plans? I'm sick of awkwardly slinking away...especially when I've got no where particular to go.

Little fun fact...there's a usual stall in average conversation every 7 minutes...I was talking to a girl, then ran out of things to say, and strangely enough, it'd be seven minutes since I bit the bullet and said hi.

tipitsig.png

Im the opposite. It takes either alot of alcohol or ALOT of pushing/shoving to get me to start opening a conversation, but for some reason I can keep them going, mostly by stories of my life but without, how would I describe it, mostly picking out funny stories that have happened to myself or others I know and use it on a topic of conversation. I just used alot of comma's in that sentence...

Popoto.~<3

Im the opposite. It takes either alot of alcohol or ALOT of pushing/shoving to get me to start opening a conversation, but for some reason I can keep them going, mostly by stories of my life but without, how would I describe it, mostly picking out funny stories that have happened to myself or others I know and use it on a topic of conversation. I just used alot of comma's in that sentence...

Yeah, i undertand that, but for some reason under pressure to think of something to talk about I seem to forget everything thats ever happened to me. There's only a few select people that I can continue a conversation with without feeling pressured/nervous/bored. I mean, I have plenty to talk about (I'm actually takling to someone about the fun fact just given to me right now via IM) but for some reason I have a bad habit of drawing a lot of blanks. And when I draw blanks, I panic and then what I say to break the silience isn't always true. Like I'll say something and think to myself "Where the hell did that come from, that's not what I think". Odd.

Just be open. Like, "How is your day?" or "How are you?" or "You going to that basketball/football/whatever game?" stuff liek dat.

That's horrible advice. That's probably the most boring conversation I've ever heard. It might work, but you don't just want it to work, you want to blow this girl away with your mastery of conversation. Question/comments, that can be interpreted as your musings or a real question, are best. Not just yes/nos or anything she can answer with "fine", ie "how are you?"

Provoke thought and fun. Very few people do, and they are the ones that stand above the rest. Be positive.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Ok so yesterday I was on msn and my sisters good friend told me she likes me. I wasn't really surprised but I don't really know what to do. She never asked me out or anything and I just continued to talk to her for a while. I don't know if I would date her, she's two years younger than me (im grade 9 shea in 7, im pretty sure shes 13) and I don't know what my parents would think, let alone my friends. I don't think I like her, but if she were to ask me out I don't know what I would do.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Ok so yesterday I was on msn and my sisters good friend told me she likes me. I wasn't really surprised but I don't really know what to do. She never asked me out or anything and I just continued to talk to her for a while. I don't know if I would date her, she's two years younger than me (im grade 9 shea in 7, im pretty sure shes 13) and I don't know what my parents would think, let alone my friends. I don't think I like her, but if she were to ask me out I don't know what I would do.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

Well she goes to a different school than my sister and everyone so it wouldn't be a huge deal to her school mates... I think...

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Then it's pretty obvious, you reject her if she asks, rather than lead her on.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Then it's pretty obvious, you reject her if she asks, rather than lead her on.

I think I meant something more like that I don't like her enough to pursue her if she was just a girl at school, but if she were to ask me out I would say yes

Levon.png Bladewing.png

Ok so I took Dan's advice and have read Brad P.'s Fashion Bible (which I found with help from Aura) and am going to use that book to help me out. Tomorrow I am going with my mum and sister into town (she has a music lesson and will be wanting to shop anyway) to look for new clothes. Hoping to be able to ditch mum so I can make all my decisions without her putting in her well meant, but counterproductive, opinions.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!