"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I've met heartache in the form of a human, but I can't bring myself to thrust her out of my life. I feel like I shouldn't feel like this. I have every reason to, and it still doesn't feel right. I hate women.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Link to epic story

I just want to leave this here as a reminder of a MAJOR no-no on dates/whatever.

Oh man, that guy has to be a troll. I just read his other posts and stumbled on a picture of the sex doll that he made out of magazines or something.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This little story starts on September. When school started i met a new girl, pretty blond, nice body, good personality. Anyway, i got interested. For the next months we go out (with other people) so i can get to know her and stuff. I talk with her alot on msn and on facebook. It was all good except for one thing. Apparently one of my best friend and another guy i know are also interested in her. I had no idea. They hadn't made a move since i started talking to her. It's mid november and i feel (you are not in love blah blah blah desire blah blah blah) like i'm in love. I feel, maybe i'm not. Anyway we keep getting to know each. I confess some pretty deep stuff that no one knows, she does the same. Things are starting to look good when my best friend amkes a move. Now the problem is that i don't have alot of money, he does. What does he do? Obviously, he shares CDs with her (but i do that too) We go out and he buys the stuff for everyone etc, he lends her his iPod Touch with the wrong password (to get her to call him).. You know those little details.

I start to feel a bit bad, and on the fourth of December, when we are checking grades for the semester, she talks with me. She said that she loves me so much and stuff, she really cares about me, but as a friend. Obviously, i feel like crap. She said it in a hurry (she had to go) and at the end she asked me "Is everything going to be the same? You know between you and me. I really like how you talk to me" I said "I am, don't worry" Then she got on the car and left. After that, it hit me. [bleep]- i love someone who doesn't love me back. And then i start to worry about "what if she said yes" "What would have happened" etc.. that just makes me get depressed. She continues to talk to me on msn and stuff as i stopped going out for a week. And every time she talked to me it hurt me, and alot. I literally ignored her for a week. I made a extraordinary test for math on Monday. As i was walking sown the stairs to leave i found she is there waiting for me. I was not going to ignore her on person so i say hi. She starts a chit chat about the test and finally asks "Why are you ignoring me?" She said that when she told me the friend thing she couldn't finish. She said she felt confused about me, that i was no ordinary friend, i was special for her. She felt confused on what she felt for me, because she loved me, but was not sure on what way. (I have never been a really good talker on this, so i mostly nod and let her continue) At the end, she didn't know what to so. But she said that it was really rude on ignoring her, that i said i would be the same with her. She said that when i talked to her she felt ok, that that week with me ignoring her she felt devastated and realized how much she liked me, i calmed her and the night before today she couldn't sleep. She felt excited to talk with me, but also anxious, she woke up at 5 in the morning for me and waited 5 hours on cold weather just to be sure to catch me.

After that, i didn't know what to do, she said she was confused on what to feel about me, but she liked when i was with her. I started talking with her for about a day like everything is okay. I talked with a really good female friend that i trust alot. She said that she heard rumors that she liked the "other guy i know". I had heard this, and after she told me about the "i like you as a friend" i asked her if it was true that she liked him, she denied it. And to be honest, i trust her even when my friend says she could be lying. My friend told me that she has seen me, she was quite angry at me, that my happiness couldn't depend on another person. That someone who doesn't love me doesn't deserves that i love her back. She knew that it hurt me alot, that she knew how it felt, but i should forget about her. Ignoring her and simply cutting communication with her would be the best thing and December vacations would help me alot. (She is not form my city so she is spending the holidays on another one, and I'm going to Pinetop, Arizona on December 26) She felt that it was a really undfair situation, i was giving her everything i could, i treat her like a princess and she doesn't give me anything. She said she was there for me and she could talk about it when she wanted. Then we had a 5 minute hug that i really liked (my friend talk was yesterday) As of today i'm basically ignoring her, even though other people tell me i'm just hurting her.

So i don't know what to do. At all, i can keep ignoring her, but it hurts me so much the fact that i may be making her feel bad. But if i talk with her i will feel bad about the fact that i can talk with her all i want and give her all she wants but most probably (remember she said she was confused on what she felt about me) nothing will come out of it.

Sorry for my bad english D:

You know what would make that story just a tad more confusing/interesting? Hook up with her. Just go in for the kiss.

But seriously, I'm in a similiar predicament. Pain from ignoring the girl, or pain from talking to her. You gotta pick your battles. If you can live your life without her, then you may want to encourage her to meet other guys. But seeing as how you "love" her (which to me sounds more like a mutual dependency, or 'teen love') that may not be the answer you want to hear. I say continue talking to her, but be more flirty and such, unless she tells you to stop. She's confused. You need to define yourself, do you want to be the boyfriend and risk losing the friendship, or do you want the close friendship?

I can tell you right now, it's damn hard to go back to being "just friends" after dating. The choice is yours.

Hohoho! I think I actually have a crush on this girl! Feels nice to actually feel something. Although my music tastes did just crash into the ground all of a sudden. I'm gonna hang out with her sometime soon hopefully. We both like each other, it's just that we're both doing stuff over Christmas so starting something would probably be stupid. Especially since I made a bet with my brother that I could get more girls on this cruise we're going on than him - all the hair on my body is at stake. Yes, all. Not even eyebrows will be safe!

Still, though. I feel like a cartoon character. I completely forgot what it was like to - as high schoolers so intelligently put it - "like" someone. Yes, quotations are needed.

Anyways. I'm pretty glad.

I'm still keeping a level head, though. Don't wanna rush into it and mess it up. We were having a very interesting conversation, and, naturally, right at the highest point, I ended it enigmatically. I'll be seeing her tomorrow, so it's not like some epic cliffhanger. Just something to ... keep interest.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

A girl at school I've never met or talked to but want to meet/get to know.

"Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh?" you say, walking up to her nonchalantly, with open body language that makes her think, "Damn that's one good-looking guy. And he looks totally cool!"

"I don't know?" or something along those lines, she will reply. Confused.

"Well, I think it's about enough to break the ice. I'm (insert your name)!" Smile, smile, smile!

Be smellin' fresh and lookin' fly.

"Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh?" you say, walking up to her nonchalantly, with open body language that makes her think, "Damn that's one good-looking guy. And he looks totally cool!"

"Well, I think it's about enough to break the ice. I'm (insert your name)!" Smile, smile, smile!

Be smellin' fresh and lookin' fly.

I tried that one a while ago. I got her number.

Lemja, you could just be like "hey, I'm [name]" but that isn't as much fun. Or as cool.

Oh and dan, I got all your posts and pm'd them to you.

Amaranth_GTO.png

That one's pretty well-known around here. Still might work out even if they know the answer though.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

That one's pretty well-known around here. Still might work out even if they know the answer though.

Oh, here in VA no one has heard it.

Oh, and I want to try that draw a line in the ground thing you posted earlier lent. The beach here is perfect for that. Now I just need to wait for summer...

Amaranth_GTO.png

Lemja, don't use lines unless you know how to present them. Walking up and dropping lines like a fisherman isn't going to win you girls. You do however have to be calm cool and collected. How do you approach a girl in school that you've never met before? Honestly, without the preceeding reputation, it's freakishly difficult.

I recommend talking to someone she knows that could formally introduce you to her. That way she'll be inclined to give you the time of day. Honestly, she could very well just ignore you if she doesn't know who you are. And that would just be awkward. I don't mean to scare you by saying that, but i for one would be a little weirded out if a complete stranger walked up to me in the hallways and started hitting on me (especially if said kid isn't known to be extremely flirty or outgoing, which I'm assuming no one on here is*)

*truth may vary between "gurus" and "lurkers"

I'll set up my posts on some free hosting or something later on. In the meantime, rsautohater didn't have a specific topic he wanted me to go into so it's open for anyone. Any topic, any sticking point etc. If you don't have any questions then there is no reason why you shouldn't be with a girl :P

I'll set up my posts on some free hosting or something later on. In the meantime, rsautohater didn't have a specific topic he wanted me to go into so it's open for anyone. Any topic, any sticking point etc. If you don't have any questions then there is no reason why you shouldn't be with a girl :P

Maybe you should just make a blog with all the posts, sort of like an online book.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Blogs

You can also create your own blog now as well. First you need to enable it, do this by clicking your name drop down in the top right, then clicking My Settings. Once there, click the "Blogs" tab to activate your blog. The same rules apply to blogs as they do to posts, you are expected to treat Blogs in the same way you would treat Blogscape, with the exception we will allow you to blog about real life there if you wish.

That's from http://forum.tip.it/topic/246935-welcome-to-invision-power-board/

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Okay, how would you go about telling whether or not a female friend knows that you like her, but doesn't ike you in return?

I've got a female friend (the same one I've referred to previously on this thread) who, at the moment, rarely talks to me. I'm told that she's become quieter all around, although she seems perfectly friendly with my friends. She apparently talks about me quite a bit (in a very positive manner, and disproportionately often compared to how well she knows me), but rarely initiates conversation with me, and more often than not doesn't carry the conversation for very long - I get the idea that she isn't all that interested in talking to me, and she'll usually spend more time talking to people around me in mutual conversations. Despite this, I often catch her looking at me at random intervals. Note that she has not dated before, to my knowledge, and is often assumed to lack interest in relationships entirely. Note also that I'm known for worrying too much. :P

Any enlightenment or advice would be much appreciated.

My guess is that she likes you, but doesn't know how to go about doing anything about it. Either that, or she doesn't want to commit to anything, or doesn't feel ready for a relationship. Regardless, from what you just told us, it seems that she does infact like you. It's your move now.

If you've been paying attention to my posts, you'll know taht when the debate of the best first date comes up, I'm usually the first to defend the good old "movie date". I've come to realize a flaw in my former logic. I still believe movie dates can make great first dates, but i now see exactly why everyone else hates the idea.

A certain level of comfort and attraction have to built up before a movie date can really be effective. Without comfort, the two of you are likely to just watch the movie, and probably not even make eye contact. Without attrction, you may forget you are even on a date. But with both...then thats the ideal situation. So going up to a girl and asking her to a movie would just be awkward. BUT if you have been talking to a girl, and you're she she atleast has a mild attraction toward you, ask her to a movie, and before the movie begins make her feel extra comfortable (emotionally, not physically, but the latter couldn't hurt).

That is all.

My brother recently warned me of the ridiculous ways a first date at the movies could go wrong (a little late on the uptake, bro!) with an anecdote from his days of high school, when he was pretty much a little loser (not a long shot away from me until this summer!)

So, a couple of my brother's friends had girlfriends. They wanted to see a movie with my brother since they hadn't hung out in a while, but since high school dudes don't understand that your girlfriend doesn't need to be with you constantly like a bracelet, they were naturally going too. My brother didn't want to go, until they said a girl cousin would join them. So, my brother agreed, expecting a generally boring/plain girl.

Apparently, she was one of the hottest girls he'd seen.

Now, what do high schoolers do at movies? My brother's friends were, of course, just going to town. My brother's "date" attempted to, but my brother was uncomfortable and self-conscious, not knowing what to do. So, she got a random guy to come and they were making out and all that junk. All while my brother was sad. For a two and a half hour movie.

Anyways, a movie date won't necessarily be that bad, but judging the comfort levels of most of the people who post here (asking for advice is fantastic and everyone should, it's just that it's usually those who need it not quite the most - but a lot - that get it), it will be awkward. Walking around someplace simply talking is generally better. But, then again, that takes confidence in going against the current... Ah well, gotta grow some balls sometime chaps!

I don't know whether I've ever had a true-blue movie date. If we ever watched a movie, it was only part, because then we left and did stupid [cabbage] - like I do.

So, what do you do if you can't manage to go on a date with your girlfriend?

School weeks are busy for me, and homework would prevent me from spending mroe than an hour or so with her. But, we've now gone out for 3 weeks without a single date.

The first weekend I got an eye infection, the second weekend she had to go somewhere, and now she has the flu.

Any advice? or should I just be patient, and wait for the gods to stop conspiring against me?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

God that is the stupidest part about high school dating. How can you be going out if you've never gone out! I despise when people spend all their time at school with whoever they're "dating," when all they do outside is just text each other or whine about how they aren't with them. [bleep]ing idiotic.

Sorry. I'm on a high horse for no good reason. Just tired, I guess. Try doing something that isn't so cliche as a movie date on Friday night. Boring, generally awkward, and completely typical. She will appreciate the change, although she will likely be uncomfortable if you are. If you radiate "Hey, this is way less boring and you know it!" that is when she will think, "Hey he is a real stand-up kind of guy."

Verbatim?

God that is the stupidest part about high school dating. How can you be going out if you've never gone out! I despise when people spend all their time at school with whoever they're "dating," when all they do outside is just text each other or whine about how they aren't with them. [bleep]ing idiotic.

Sorry. I'm on a high horse for no good reason. Just tired, I guess. Try doing something that isn't so cliche as a movie date on Friday night. Boring, generally awkward, and completely typical. She will appreciate the change, although she will likely be uncomfortable if you are. If you radiate "Hey, this is way less boring and you know it!" that is when she will think, "Hey he is a real stand-up kind of guy."

Verbatim?

Well, in the past two weeks my boyfriend has:

-Taking me sledding

-Taken me snowboarding

-Two movies, and dinner.

I personally like movies, but it's not exactly awkward between me and him anymore. The other two I guess are kind of regional activities, you can't do them anywhere, but they're a lot of fun. Doing stuff like that is great for dates, but movies aren't that bad.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain