"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I [bleep]ing hate the term guru. Stop it. Just call me a badass.

Lent, you're a badass.

Indeed.

And in case it hasn't been said recently, I love y'all. You know, in a totally platonic, meaningless, over-the-internet kind of way. o_0

But I love y'all none the less! It's great to have a community to discuss, argue, and laugh about stuff with, even if (or especially if, your choice) we'll never meet in real life.

Alright, enough pleasant reflection on community, back to calling Lent a badass!

Flyingjj.png

Anytime a girl complains about something, a quick "I could fix that ;)" is very helpful to you.

And utterly hilarious!

Or:

"My x hurts"

"/tries to heal with mind"

"Woah, it stopped hurting!"

Yes, that actually happened once.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Lent you can be a badass all you want, but I shall keep my title as guru [self proclaimed of course :P ]

I second Flyingjj's motion. I love you guys. If it weren't for this thread, my life would be 100% entirely different. None of the old posters from those days that change my life remain, but the attitude is the same. We're like 2nd generation...or 3rd. I honestly don't know how many chaning of the guards this thread has gone through.

In other news...I'm single again. Now I can do what ever I want and not feel guilty about it :thumbup:. I still feel bad about breaking a heart to do it though :/

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Lent you can be a badass all you want, but I shall keep my title as guru [self proclaimed of course :P ]

I second Flyingjj's motion. I love you guys. If it weren't for this thread, my life would be 100% entirely different. None of the old posters from those days that change my life remain, but the attitude is the same. We're like 2nd generation...or 3rd. I honestly don't know how many chaning of the guards this thread has gone through.

In other news...I'm single again. Now I can do what ever I want and not feel guilty about it :thumbup:. I still feel bad about breaking a heart to do it though :/

I third that motion. Love you all <3:

I remember the old posters like ginger, goddess, and that other guy whos name i can't remember but he had a really cool sig. Never really posted, but I loved (and still love) following the topic and reading all the advice.

Gratz on becoming single! :thumbup: it sucks that you had to hurt someone, but it happens to all of us sometimes, and she'll get over it.

On an unrelated note, I'm hanging out with this cute girl I know and her friend this weekend at the park/playground. Just need to find a cool guy who can come and be with her friend, and it looks like I'll be having a fun weekend

Amaranth_GTO.png

Lent you can be a badass all you want, but I shall keep my title as guru [self proclaimed of course tongue.gif ]

In other news...I'm single again. Now I can do what ever I want and not feel guilty about it icon_thumbsu.gif. I still feel bad about breaking a heart to do it though :/

I third that motion. Love you all icon_love.gif

I remember the old posters like ginger, goddess, and that other guy whos name i can't remember but he had a really cool sig. Never really posted, but I loved (and still love) following the topic and reading all the advice.

Gratz on becoming single! icon_thumbsu.gif it sucks that you had to hurt someone, but it happens to all of us sometimes, and she'll get over it.

On an unrelated note, I'm hanging out with this cute girl I know and her friend this weekend at the park/playground. Just need to find a cool guy who can come and be with her friend, and it looks like I'll be having a fun weekend

Goddess and Ginger are my heroes <3:

They saved me from so much crap I went through. Goddess still helps me when I'm in dire need. I love those two. Ginger unfortunatly moved on from TIF and is on to bigger and better[?] things. There was a third guy, who ocasioanlly posted on here that gave me a lesson I'll never forget and helped me win back the heart of my ex. He taught me "If there ever once was an attraction, there is likely to still be an attraction". And with that in mind, I won a girl's heart back. This was ages ago. I'm ashamed I can't some up with his name. Had "mage" and a "z" in it, but for some reason I can only come up with Magekillr. WHom I odn't hink was ever a guru on this thread. I don't think. Oh those were the days :)

@rsautohater

Gratz on the date plan for next weekend :thumbup:. ust be weary of the cold. Frozen toes have ruined more than one of my dates :P. I still feel like crap for breaking up with my girlfriend a few hours ago. It needed to be done, but i supopse I have to suffer the consequences of my actions. I'm gonna stop whining about it now. I'm lookin' foreward to the strip club for my birthday in two weeks though :D

Gratz on the date plan for next weekend :thumbup:. ust be weary of the cold. Frozen toes have ruined more than one of my dates :P. I still feel like crap for breaking up with my girlfriend a few hours ago. It needed to be done, but i supopse I have to suffer the consequences of my actions. I'm gonna stop whining about it now. I'm lookin' foreward to the strip club for my birthday in two weeks though :D

Yeah I think we're talking about the same guy... It's too bad we can't think of his name!!!

And thanks :thumbup: The cold shouldn't be too much of a problem, if she gets cold I can always be like "well want me to warm you up a little?"

Also, having an injury can be nice. I have a big cut and burn on my hand from slipping on ice after getting burnt by a model rocket misadventure with a friend. So now people see my messed up hand, and everyone's like "oh that looks painful" "it is. Hey, maybe if you kiss it it will make it better! You know what, I have a cut on my lip you can kiss and make better too." So that's always fun to do. It's actually worked a few times :P

Amaranth_GTO.png

Huh. Don't remember that. Good advice though. Although boners are nothing to take too seriously. When I was a wee lad, I thought girls would be offended if you got one during dancing or a makeout session or something. Teehee.

When the girl in question just so happens to be your brother's ex-girlfriend, your friend's sister, and insanely hot, it's something you might want to consider. No, we weren't making out. I tried to climb on her shoulders to change the volume on the TV that hangs from the ceiling in my school's hallway (which is always muted), but didn't quite make it and sort of... slid down. Yeah. Slid.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

So in other words, you don't want anyone to know about Tip.it because this is the one place that you can completely and 100% be yourself? If that's the case, you're basically not allowing yourself to deeply connect with anyone, which is the whole point of a relationship >_< If you can't even talk to your real life friends about things like this, then what kind of friends are they?

I don't necessarily agree with this because I personally am not willing to open up 100% to a single person in my life, yet I have truly deep connections with many friends and family. The reason behind that is, I enjoy having bits and pieces of my life that are just mine regardless of who I'm with. For instance, I have several decently sized groups of friends (dozen or so) that I hang out with regularly and yet I would never even consider inviting people from different groups to the same event/gathering.

But I do agree that you should feel comfortable being yourself around your closest friends.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

"My x hurts"

:wink:

Okay I'm done with my quality post for the day!

...Why did I not see that coming?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

So in other words, you don't want anyone to know about Tip.it because this is the one place that you can completely and 100% be yourself? If that's the case, you're basically not allowing yourself to deeply connect with anyone, which is the whole point of a relationship >_< If you can't even talk to your real life friends about things like this, then what kind of friends are they?

I don't necessarily agree with this because I personally am not willing to open up 100% to a single person in my life, yet I have truly deep connections with many friends and family. The reason behind that is, I enjoy having bits and pieces of my life that are just mine regardless of who I'm with. For instance, I have several decently sized groups of friends (dozen or so) that I hang out with regularly and yet I would never even consider inviting people from different groups to the same event/gathering.

But I do agree that you should feel comfortable being yourself around your closest friends.

Same here, I have 3 or 4 main groups I hang out with, but I wouldn't even consider letting them inter mingle. I don't think they'd get along too well. It's all about different sides of me I guess. There's only a few select people I'm really okay with group hopping with. And those are the people I'm very close to.

I have a close group of friends, they're all older and theatrical/musical/fine artsical people in college. We do stupid [cabbage] together, but generally nothing a typical teenager or college kid would. They're good folks.

Then people I go to school with come and go. I don't really care much about them.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Advice for women (and maybe men): Always break a heart when you end a relationship, cause then the person knows that it's over and knows where to start gluing the pieces back together. "Letting him down easy" is a lot more trouble in the long run. And don't hang on to a person when you know you're not interested in that person, like when you're cheating on them. That's low. But you already knew that part.

Flyingjj.png

Hrm, I'm not very good at spotting if guys are hitting on me, nor do I know how to hit on a guy. So I was telling my (male) friend this piece of information and he said "I can tell." and later on he mentions that he was checking me out yesterday and that he was blatantly hitting on me before.

I don't see how he was hitting on me at all and I'm guessing he's .. joking? Or ..? *scratches head* Boys are too confusing.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Hrm, I'm not very good at spotting if guys are hitting on me, nor do I know how to hit on a guy. So I was telling my (male) friend this piece of information and he said "I can tell." and later on he mentions that he was checking me out yesterday and that he was blatantly hitting on me before.

I don't see how he was hitting on me at all and I'm guessing he's .. joking? Or ..? *scratches head* Boys are too confusing.

When he tells you that again, point an infrared camera at him to see if he's lying.

To be honest, I think girls are confusing.

You may get a girl that starts flirting with you, and then she writes her phone number on your notebook without you asking and draws a little heart or smiley face beside it and tells you to call her. Then when you call her, she talks about visiting her boyfriend over the weekend and then talks to you like a friend instead of all the flirty stuff. They'll also wonder why a guy doesn't date them when they've "dropped hints". ALL OF THEIR CUES ARE THE [bleep]ING SAME! Gah!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

When he tells you that again, point an infrared camera at him to see if he's lying.

Whur 2 buy cam?

No seriously, if he's being serious, this will be interesting. EXPERIMENT TAIM

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Whur 2 buy cam?

No seriously, if he's being serious, this will be interesting. EXPERIMENT TAIM

Just ask him if he agrees with Clinton's policy of NAFTA and start a little political debate. Small talk helps a lot, no matter what it is.

Seriously, talk about the weather or something. Of course, if he's some douche that's lying about liking you for some private laughs, then you may have some problems. Of course, men are more blunt about stuff like this, so he's probably telling the truth. Also, men like to feel safe, so put your arm around him and let him lay his head on your shoulder.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

you're like 10, who cares? unless you _really_ wanna hold his hand

some of these posts are funny. omggggggggg someone talked to me what do i dooooooo. there's not enough help in the world that will teach you how to act around people.

i'm not trying to insult anyone, but you guys are putting way too much thought into trivial things. there's actually people with legitimate questions, but it's drowned in this sea of spam.