"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Hey I wear suits all the time too :twss:

Then again, I do it because it's the schools dress code, but not the point...

Completely random, but if for some reason if you're ever in a latin speaking church mass and see a really good looking girl, say "volo coire tecum" or "tu pulchra es" works every time. And a cookie to whoever can translate that.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Well, let's see... "volo coire tecum" translates roughly to "I wish to meet with you," and "tu pulchra es" to "you are beautiful." Do I get a cookie?

Sure :P

Coire translates literally as to go with, but was used meaning "to have sex with" and is where we get words such as coitus.

cookie.jpg

There's your cookie, good sir.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Why thank you. :smile: *OM NOM NOM*

So... My former girlfriend certainly gave me a lot to think about tonight, though I'm not sure I want to elaborate on that. Just to be completely clear, as I know what many minds on this thread instantly jump to, we did not hook up.

If you remember my post from quite a few pages back (which no one actually commented on), I said I was having a hard time getting over her. Well, a couple weeks ago, I reached my breaking point and finally made a sort of peace in my mind about it. Here's where it gets funky. Like literally the day after I do that, both of our attitudes toward each other practically make a 180, and we're completely comfortable around each other again. It was strange because BOTH of our attitudes changed at the EXACT same time.

So then, tonight, we were walking together with her best friend after we all got out of a meeting, and she says to her friend, I'll catch up with you. Then, she says, I think you should have this back, as you used to wear it all the time and I've just kind of kept it for too long(or something like that), and then she very deliberately (like takes my hand and connects it with hers) places a necklace I had given as something to remember me her when we weren't going to see each other over the summer, and finishes by saying "I really want to be friends" (as I think I said in that post that nobody read :P, the tension between us has really prevented this, even though we both knew that we wanted to remain close) and says at the last moment, "And I think the verse really is true." (The necklace on the back has the Bible verse "If God is for us, who can be against us?")

A quick side hug, and goodbye, and I'm left completely amazed at what had just happened. I don't even know what's going on. All I can really say, is that my relationship with this girl is probably the closest I will ever get to a fairy tale. I'm just wondering if there will be a happy ending, and what that ending will be.

Also, apparently I did want to elaborate on that. :razz:

Flyingjj.png

[hide]Why thank you. :smile: *OM NOM NOM*

So... My former girlfriend certainly gave me a lot to think about tonight, though I'm not sure I want to elaborate on that. Just to be completely clear, as I know what many minds on this thread instantly jump to, we did not hook up.

If you remember my post from quite a few pages back (which no one actually commented on), I said I was having a hard time getting over her. Well, a couple weeks ago, I reached my breaking point and finally made a sort of peace in my mind about it. Here's where it gets funky. Like literally the day after I do that, both of our attitudes toward each other practically make a 180, and we're completely comfortable around each other again. It was strange because BOTH of our attitudes changed at the EXACT same time.

So then, tonight, we were walking together with her best friend after we all got out of a meeting, and she says to her friend, I'll catch up with you. Then, she says, I think you should have this back, as you used to wear it all the time and I've just kind of kept it for too long(or something like that), and then she very deliberately (like takes my hand and connects it with hers) places a necklace I had given as something to remember me her when we weren't going to see each other over the summer, and finishes by saying "I really want to be friends" (as I think I said in that post that nobody read :P, the tension between us has really prevented this, even though we both knew that we wanted to remain close) and says at the last moment, "And I think the verse really is true." (The necklace on the back has the Bible verse "If God is for us, who can be against us?")

A quick side hug, and goodbye, and I'm left completely amazed at what had just happened. I don't even know what's going on. All I can really say, is that my relationship with this girl is probably the closest I will ever get to a fairy tale. I'm just wondering if there will be a happy ending, and what that ending will be.

Also, apparently I did want to elaborate on that. :razz:[/hide]

So let me get this straight. You're finally over her, and now it seems like you two are going to end up being really close friends?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Evening chaps. I return to TIF after a long period of lurking to post a small situation I'm in, and for the record, it's more of a matter of what your opinions are than me needing advice. Curiosity on other's thoughts and all that.

Let's see... I began talking to someone on the RSOF a few months ago, posting on threads they posted, chatting with them on threads regularly, etc. Then, maybe a month ago, another of our friends introduce us over msn, without knowing we knew each other. Blah blah blah, we start talking more, nothing that interesting.

Maybe two weeks ago I start to realise I like her (Yeah, that's where people are going to stop reading and criticize me. But yes, we talk as per usual, nothing changes.

Then a few days ago, sunday I believe, we were talking when the girl let's on she has a crush on me. The talk goes on, and by the end of the day we discover much more about each other.

The last five days or so have been basically the moment both of us are online we've chatted non-stop via msn, and yes, most of the chatting has been done with webcam and voice, so there is a rather slim chance she's a 50 year old paedophile.

Basically, to sum up, we both really like one another and have fairly early plans to meet in person. Fairly early as in it is still in planning. I know these questions will be asked so I'll answer them now, she is 14, I am 16. I live in England, she lives in Wales. There is perhaps a two hour journey between us, so distance isn't that bad.

And no, I'm not stupid enough to force her to do something she's too young to do.

So, thoughts on this?

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

So, thoughts on this?

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's better to form a relationship off of the bond you two have when conversing than something as simple and shallow as a mere physical attraction - which is what most normal relationships are founded on (and they generally aren't very successful). Of course things would run much smoother if you lived closer, but that's just an obstacle you can overcome if your affection proves to be strong enough.

It was strange because BOTH of our attitudes changed at the EXACT same time.

It's likely that you changed your attitude, had the stronger frame and she just went with it. Works the same as the awkwardness thing.

So, thoughts on this?

she is 14, I am 16.

tbh my first thought was 'ew'

Deathdrow:

You and I have a lot in common relationship wise, I'm sure we can alteast compare notes and vent at each other if nothing else.

FlyingJJ:

Sounds nice, friendship or not. She sounds like a nice girl :thumbup:

blackdawn:

Go for it dude! 2 hours ain't so bad. Have some fun and get off the 'scape :P. I'm not a huge fan of the age difference, but you don't seem like one of those creepy guys, so whatevs.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ha, I didn't know two years was such a big difference to everyone. In my opinion, age is almost completely irrelevant. It's the maturity of the individual that matters. I have a 16-year-old friend who is well beyond the majority of adults I know in terms of maturity.

its not the age difference, its just thinking of a 14 year old dating doesn't sit that well with me in general. Probly cause my sisters getting to be taht age. Dear lord.

The older you get, the less the age difference matters because at least both bodies have fully developed. At 14 she's barely out of primary school. It doesn't matter how 'mature for her age' she is, to me it just seems creepy.

Well, thanks for the opinions guys. It actually helps a bit to know people think it's fine and could work.

I admit, the age difference is something of a problem, but so long as I keep my hands to myself I think it'll go just fine. I can be very patient when I need to be, so I think we're good.

Dan, I don't exactly know why you class 14 as barely out of primary school, but hey, that's you. She's roughly three or four years OUT of primary school, but still.

Heh, I almost feel as if I'm asking TIF's approval of this relationship. Been lurking here so much it's like a second family.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Well, thanks for the opinions guys. It actually helps a bit to know people think it's fine and could work.

I admit, the age difference is something of a problem, but so long as I keep my hands to myself I think it'll go just fine. I can be very patient when I need to be, so I think we're good.

Dan, I don't exactly know why you class 14 as barely out of primary school, but hey, that's you. She's roughly three or four years OUT of primary school, but still.

Heh, I almost feel as if I'm asking TIF's approval of this relationship. Been lurking here so much it's like a second family.

In Australia there is only Primary and Secondary school. Primary Goes from Kindergarten to Year 6 and Secondary is Year 7 till Year 12. So Dan is right.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

TIF is my second family. Specifically this thread <3:

Eh. My brother went out with a fourteen-year-old when he was 16. Worked out fine. They both had anger issues though, so the breakup wasn't pretty... :ohnoes:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Shallow guys are just the ones who are honest about what they are attracted to. Then you have the guys not lying to themselves but lying to the people around them, because society has deemed them shallow if they tell the truth. The last group would be the ones sitting on their high horse lying to themselves and pretending they have different hard wiring to every other male.