"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Because experience counts.

And with your attitude, I doubt it is going to happen any time soon. Let me guess, and please forgive this, but your mother stays at home and does the housework and such, correct? (Not intending to be offensive there)

...no. She doesn't. She works, actually.

And it's not like I don't have experience. I just don't have a girlfriend. I know that probably doesn't make much sense.

EDIT: Never mind. It doesn't take a girlfriend, it takes some friends backing you up and better reasoning than I ever thought I could do.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

I'm looking at some books to buy. First, I'd like to learn about body language. "The Definitive Book to Body Language" has some reviews about poor writing and un-backed statistics. However, "What Every BODY is Saying" has some better reviews. Which should I get?

Common sense tells me to get the one with better reviews, but I've never heard of either one.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

Honestly I would recommend example over text. Even watching the first season of Mystery's "The Pick Up Artist" would probly be of more use. Maybe that's just me. I'm a very visual learner. I have to see it done before I can do it.

and @Blindbaker49

no one needs a girlfriend to prove a point. And i doubt he beleives his own statement. It is weird that he had to ask permission to tell her name [you're friends, and she's just a girl, that makes little sense to me] but you have to be respectful of his choice. I imagine he'll be "whipped" in forthcoming months, but you shouldn't pick random fights with your buddies about girls. It's never worth it. If he wants to be "whipped" let him. It's not cool of him to throw your lack of girl in your face, especially if you meant no harm in your comment, but you have to remember to be respectful. From my exerience, those that like being "whipped" suffer from low self-esteem. Try to make him feel better about himself, he's probly a bit sensitive [so watch it on the girlfriend comments]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people buy books on how to read body language of the opposite sex and stuff? People are overcomplicating this.

Dan Brown is one of the highest-paid authors today.

Judging people for learning body language (of everyone) is just silly.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

New thoughts:

Concert makes great date scenario. Especially if your date REALLY likes the band you see.

and @Blindbaker49

no one needs a girlfriend to prove a point. And i doubt he beleives his own statement. It is weird that he had to ask permission to tell her name [you're friends, and she's just a girl, that makes little sense to me] but you have to be respectful of his choice. I imagine he'll be "whipped" in forthcoming months, but you shouldn't pick random fights with your buddies about girls. It's never worth it. If he wants to be "whipped" let him. It's not cool of him to throw your lack of girl in your face, especially if you meant no harm in your comment, but you have to remember to be respectful. From my exerience, those that like being "whipped" suffer from low self-esteem. Try to make him feel better about himself, he's probly a bit sensitive [so watch it on the girlfriend comments]

Don't worry. He eventually saw my point of view and I explained to him that I was just trying to help him not [bleep] up like I did (even though I'm now glad I did). I wasn't picking a fight, I was helping in a semi-forceful manner. :D

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people buy books on how to read body language of the opposite sex and stuff? People are overcomplicating this.

You're not the only one.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm embarrased to say this is copypasta from /adv/ but, some of these actually aren't bad:

If my girlfriend hadn't recently left me' date=' here's what I would want to do with her.

Go for a nature walk.

Smoke weed/drink/get really [bleep']ed up together.

Draw a picture/paint a painting together.

Take turns suggesting new and kinky things to do in bed...then do them.

Write a song together.

Go to the nearest beach/ocean/lake/body of water

Wander around in a part of the city you don't really know

Buy each other tiny presents

Watch the sunset/sunrise

Take naughty pictures of one another

Cook up something fancy; eat it

Go to a play/concert/show/live entertainment

Have a mother[bleep]ing picnic

Play a board/card game

Play a sport/other physical activity together

Debate about politics and the state of the world

Take turns telling each other things you've never told the other

Dress up in outlandish clothing and walk around town as if nothing is unusual, observe people's reactions

Go out and do some kind of street performance together (music, singing, dancing, live art, etc) and try to make some change

Go back somewhere you went together a long time ago and haven't been since

Go out into an isolated nature area and have sex

Climb to the highest point in the area

Thrift-store shopping

Go on an adventure

There's so many possibilities. Be glad you have somebody to share such experiences with...

You're not the only one.

Definately not the only one.

I'm embarrased to say this is copypasta from /adv/ but, some of these actually aren't bad:

If my girlfriend hadn't recently left me' date=' here's what I would want to do with her.

Go for a nature walk.

Smoke weed/drink/get really [bleep']ed up together.

Draw a picture/paint a painting together.

Take turns suggesting new and kinky things to do in bed...then do them.

Write a song together.

Go to the nearest beach/ocean/lake/body of water

Wander around in a part of the city you don't really know

Buy each other tiny presents

Watch the sunset/sunrise

Take naughty pictures of one another

Cook up something fancy; eat it

Go to a play/concert/show/live entertainment

Have a mother[bleep]ing picnic

Play a board/card game

Play a sport/other physical activity together

Debate about politics and the state of the world

Dress up in outlandish clothing and walk around town as if nothing is unusual, observe people's reactions

Go out and do some kind of street performance together (music, singing, dancing, live art, etc) and try to make some change

Go back somewhere you went together a long time ago and haven't been since

Go out into an isolated nature area and have sex

Climb to the highest point in the area

Thrift-store shopping

Go on an adventure

There's so many possibilities. Be glad you have somebody to share such experiences with...

Yeah there are actually quite a few good ideas in that list. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything on the list with my last girlfriend. Yeah, nah I didn't.

rosssigfinal.jpg

With that logic girls would get annoyed at other girls for putting on makeup etc.

With that logic girls would get annoyed at other girls for putting on makeup etc.

That's different. I think what he was trying to say is you can read as much as you want about picking up girls, and you won't learn a thing until you try it yourself.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

That's different. I think what he was trying to say is you can read as much as you want about picking up girls, and you won't learn a thing until you try it yourself.

Like everything else, books will teach you up to a certain point, you have to take it from there.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Like everything else, books will teach you up to a certain point, you have to take it from there.

^

It's like buying a recipe book. Sure you can learn more from hundreds of hours worth of experiments, but it's much less pain if you have somewhat of an idea of what to do first.

If you grasp the fundamentals of what's attractive and what isn't, you're already on your way to surpassing the guys who do it naturally as long as you have the chops to put yourself out there.

[indent

[/indent]

I'd like to say that this is a really fun thing to do. Especially if you can't see each other in person. Make it into a game.

"I'll tell you something random, then you tell me something."

If it starts slowing down, have the person being told ask questions or come up with catgories. I've whiled away hours upon hours doing this.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Jesus H. there is nothing I hate more than hour-long conversations on the phone or computer. Texting's okay, because you can just drop it and pick up the conversation later.

Long conversations where you don't really have that ability leaves you with a chance of turning the conversation dull. I always hate when I can't liven up a conversation in person, and when it's on the phone, it's much more embarrassing to me.

But, hey. Who am I to judge. I'm sure those sweet "I love you more! No I do!" conversations are fun if you're actually involved.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I've found out after some odd number of girlfriends relationships are overrated and cost too much when you have money to spend on them. Recalling my last relationship, I got my girlfriend a pendant from an artisan in Pompeii for Christmas, she got me a t-shirt, granted we have two completely different economic standings, but still.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Lent, I have to say, I hate the "I love you more! No I do!" conversations, and really I was never comfortable talking on the phone... I'm not comfortable hearing someones voice without being able to see them, I just can't do it.

I have honestly have been lacking in the girl department lately lol seriously I have these little stalkers and they're all 14, which is too young for me. I don't know what I do but they never cease to bug me lol But of course when I actually like a girl, I have very VERY little chance of ever getting with her lol

lol it's like you can never get what you want, eh? lol just like i can't stand when people use the phrase "lol" instead of a period lol it works, yes and it makes you sound happier but lol if it doesn't make you sound dumb lol

Sorry ^^;

pet peave

tell us about the girl you like, and we can do everything we can to help

Jesus H. there is nothing I hate more than hour-long conversations on the phone or computer. Texting's okay, because you can just drop it and pick up the conversation later.

Long conversations where you don't really have that ability leaves you with a chance of turning the conversation dull. I always hate when I can't liven up a conversation in person, and when it's on the phone, it's much more embarrassing to me.

But, hey. Who am I to judge. I'm sure those sweet "I love you more! No I do!" conversations are fun if you're actually involved.

I hate to respond to this defensively, but that is a rather inaccurate portrayl of what I was refering to. Think more of a conversation you'd have with a normal friend, just in text, and with occasional fliratious undertones. We soemtimes even have entirely serious chats.

Oh, and due to horrific typing, I tend to be more likely to send "I lvoe you," than "I love you"

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I hate when couples who have been dating a day have a message of "OMG [NAME] I LUV U SO MUCH EVERY SECOND WITHOUT YOU IS A SECOND WASTED ILU ILU ILU <3 <3 <3".

Or soemthing of that effect.

Those are what you call luvtrolls.

[/hide]

I hate when couples who have been dating a day have a message of "OMG [NAME] I LUV U SO MUCH EVERY SECOND WITHOUT YOU IS A SECOND WASTED ILU ILU ILU <3 <3 <3".

It's people like that who degrade the word love :P I find it annoying even if a couple says they love each other and have been together several months but there is no clear closeness/"love" in the relationship at all.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Agreed. It's pretty unrealistic. It's rediculously uncommon to have feelings like that after a day of dating [but if they'd known each other for a long time, it's a little more understandable]

as for the "[x/y] <3" vs "<[x/y]3" ?

who gives a [cabbage]?

it's just text anyway. and yet both annoy me eusa_think.gif

EDIT:

oh, and I'm vacationing for a week, so try not to be in dire need of me, because regrettably I can't help anyone out til Wednesday-ish