"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

as for the "[x/y] <3" vs "<[x/y]3" ?

who gives a [cabbage]?

it's just text anyway. and yet both annoy me eusa_think.gif

And like most funny things, rocco's joke was not that funny when you thought about it too much.

Hardy says it better than I do, but that was the gist of it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Since it's been getting nicer outside, I decided to go to my local park. All my friends and stuff hang out there in the summer.

Anyways, one of my friends (a girl) has been acting.....strange. She used to always hug me and talk to me, but she doesn't anymore. She doesn't even talk to me that much anymore, just a little "Hi." and not even a hug or anything. She is always focused on someone else. I hate to sound like a self-centered [bleep], but it has been bothering me. I don't know if she is mad at me or anything.

She is really just a friend, but I do admit I have some "feelings" for her.

Since it's been getting nicer outside, I decided to go to my local park. All my friends and stuff hang out there in the summer.

Anyways, one of my friends (a girl) has been acting.....strange. She used to always hug me and talk to me, but she doesn't anymore. She doesn't even talk to me that much anymore, just a little "Hi." and not even a hug or anything. She is always focused on someone else. I hate to sound like a self-centered [bleep], but it has been bothering me. I don't know if she is mad at me or anything.

Has she been acting nervous around you? It could be she thinks you're awesome. :wink:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Has she been acting nervous around you? It could be she thinks you're awesome. :wink:

Or like a chick i know, She likes someone else but thinks you like her, and so she's trying to not give you hints anymore or be a bit neglectful. buuuuuuut I'm sure that's just happened to me, Probably something on her mind.

Popoto.~<3

It could be anything really, don't bother trying to analyze it. Ask her what's up if you want, but if you wanted to make a move you should have done so earlier.

There's a 'window' of opportunity, that gets smaller and smaller as you get older.

I almost screwed it up with a shy girl not long ago because I was trying to get her act

Or like a chick i know, She likes someone else but thinks you like her, and so she's trying to not give you hints anymore or be a bit neglectful. buuuuuuut I'm sure that's just happened to me, Probably something on her mind.

This is most likely the case.

She does like this guy who hangs out at our local park. She seems to try to ignore me for a reason. I doubt she hates me, but just doesn't want to show interest in me in order to not give him the impression that she "likes" me.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I'm back. Seems like the thread is moving pretty slow still. I think Mazemeout's problem has been resolved. I say don't take it personal, she's just trying to protect you.

In other knews, I decided [despite the advice of many] to get back with my ex.

12th time's the charm?

Fun story though. We got back together on Senior Trip. we shared a hotel, but the way the school regulated it, we couldn't ever be in the same room together. Good thing they never checked the bathrooms :P

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm hardly a social expert, but the extent to which I lack the basic ability to relate to other human beings is exemplified by my decision to ask strangers for help on the internet.

Here is my problem, or what I currently believe to be my problem:

-Meet girl, begin talking to girl.

-I find her attractive, and therefore interesting.

-Girl begins to blabber mindlessly about MTV, "Snookie" and emo music.

-Novelty of her attractiveness wears off, and boredom sets in.

-Girl asks/repeats something, I absentmindedly reply using a string of words inclusive of more than 5 separate syllables and possibly not English

-Girl backs away frightened, searching for someone with a lower I.Q. and muttering something about nerds and desiring carbohydrates.

I try to avoid sounding "smart" in front of members of the opposite gender, but unfortunately, when I become bored, I forget and slip back into my natural tongue. What can I possibly do to avoid this?

Help me strangers. :blink:

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Find smarter girls.

Or, alternatively, you can follow the advice that comes after my sarcastic response. Maybe even my own, if I have time to process it a bit and end up replying with something better later.

Finding smarter girls is actually quite a bit more difficult than people project it to be.

No worries, I was expecting worse, and sarcasm is a least the more friendly and witty brand of depreciating humor.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Surely you didn't...in the bathrooms? Oh, yeah fair enough actually, GC.

And in Space Ship Earth ;)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm hardly a social expert, but the extent to which I lack the basic ability to relate to other human beings is exemplified by my decision to ask strangers for help on the internet.

-Girl asks/repeats something, I absentmindedly reply using a string of words inclusive of more than 5 separate syllables and possibly not English

-Girl backs away frightened, searching for someone with a lower I.Q. and muttering something about nerds and desiring carbohydrates.

I try to avoid sounding "smart" in front of members of the opposite gender, but unfortunately, when I become bored, I forget and slip back into my natural tongue. What can I possibly do to avoid this?

Stop being so pretentious, for one thing.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

1) Try to actually listen when they talk.

2) you don't need to dumb down what you say, most people are completely capable of understanding what you say as long as it's natural speech and you aren't deliberately trying to sound smart.

3) If you aren't into popular culture items, talking to people who are into popular culture might not be such a good idea. Instead of talking to the girl carrying around the Abercrombie bag, talk to the one who frequents the video game store. Point is, try to talk to girls who are interested in what you're interested in. Or at least feign interest in what they're interested in.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Things have been going uphill since my last situation.

She now talks to me a lot more and compliments me a lot. We're pretty much friends again, and that makes me happy.

One thing I think you need to do is be interested in girls for who they are, not what they look like. You might stumble across the rare girl that is a stunner and has the personality that meshes with yours perfectly, but you're 13, that isn't very likely. Focus on personality, it's more important in the long run.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Hey, let's not get hasty.

Yeah, that was a bit harsh. Edited.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Not the harshness, the whole "don't just like a girl for her face and [bleep]."

Although I'd appreciate her more for her body in general. There's little I don't enjoy about a girl's body. Harshness was pretty much necessary.

One thing I think you need to do is be interested in girls for who they are, not what they look like. You might stumble across the rare girl that is a stunner and has the personality that meshes with yours perfectly, but you're 13, that isn't very likely. Focus on personality, it's more important in the long run.

I'm actually 15, only a few months from 16... does my profile actually have the wrong age listed?

Cooldog, I think you need to realize that MTV isn't terrible by definition, neither is mainstream music, etc. I don't know if you've ever watched Jersey Shore, but it's a hilarious show.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but.

How good of a sign for a relationship is it if you've been together for two months, (We're both highschoolers [i'm a sophomore, and she's a freshman]) and have not had a single disagreement thusfar?

This includes hanging out at least twice a week, and seeing each other constantly at school, then messaging each other online.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Terrible. Relationships will involve fights. All relationships do. One of you isn't quite acting like yourself (not unusual).

In fact, it's weird to even know someone for two months and not get pissed off at each other at least once.