"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

^ The people who can't handle their own shouldn't be giving advice imo. It's like asking an 8 year old how to drive.

I like this girl, and I'm pretty damn sure that she likes me as well, but, she isn't exactly the prettiest girl around. I know if I go out with her people will hassle me, especially the people I hang out with. Should we just remain friends?

Don't live your life according to other peoples' standards. Ask her out :P

If he actually cares about what other people think about who he dates maybe he shouldn't anyway.

I like this girl, and I'm pretty damn sure that she likes me as well, but, she isn't exactly the prettiest girl around. I know if I go out with her people will hassle me, especially the people I hang out with. Should we just remain friends?

Based on that, I believe you're 14-15?

Anyway, you shouldn't care what others think. If there's one thing I learned about social encounters, it's the fact that if you don't make a big deal out of XXX, no one else will. Sure, you may get an annoying statement or two from a sarcastic friend, but if you show him you don't care, he's guranteed to stop.

Live your life, don't let others live it for you.

Polish Girl?

rosssigfinal.jpg

^ The people who can't handle their own shouldn't be giving advice imo. It's like asking an 8 year old how to drive.

Oh right, and doing it with your mates GF in a threesome is totally it, sorry I'm not the stereotypical drunken 19yo I should be labeled. <_<

Popoto.~<3

Or perhaps our dear RpgGamer isn't what he appears to be... eusa_think.gif

what is that supposed to mean exactly?

That was a soliloquy, as in thinking out loud.

aka, you can help others with their relationships but not very good at your own...which is pretty much 90% of everyone here.

I feel I'm pretty good at my own, I just have a bad habit of running back tothe girl that continually breaks my heart. Doesn't mean I don't know anything about human interaction/relationships. Hell I'm planning in getting a degree in human behavior/sociology in college. So if anything, I'm going to be overqualified soon. No one is perfet, I'm not claiming to be, but please don't assume my advice is worthles because I'm a human with my own problems.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

In fact, I'd almost say that those that have bad experiences of their own are almost better at giving advice than those who don't. We know what can go wrong, will go wrong, won't go wrong, and what shouldn't go wrong. We know how to avoid it as well. I'm sure all of us have had those "Oh I should have done this" moments, and though no longer useful to us, it's plenty useful to those in similar situations.

And I know for a fact that you've had problems of your own as well Dan, so that disqualifies you too, by your standards.

Flyingjj.png

So, I'm going to my school's Sadie Hawkin's Dance in about a month. The only problem is...I can't dance. Like, literally, I don't know how, and I feel [developmentally delayed]ed.

The person I'm going with assured me that she doesn't dance at dances, she just goes to hang out with friends, but...I don't want to look like an idiot if I do end up getting dragged out on the dance floor.

I really don't know what to do here.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Very few people in high school know how to dance. In fact, very few people in life no how to dance anymore.

Anyway, if your school is anything like mine was, the music they play will be all hip hoppy and junk like that where all you do is move your body to the beat as best you can. I don't consider that dancing, I consider that moving.

So, back to your problem. Positive encouragement: you'll be fine. Nobody cares if you can't dance. I don't think there is a truer statement than that.

Flyingjj.png

That would be false. I care. >.<

I realize what kind of music it'll be, but I still can't dance to that. I have no right brain at all, and dancing fits in there.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That would be false. I care. >.<

I realize what kind of music it'll be, but I still can't dance to that. I have no right brain at all, and dancing fits in there.

Just tell yourself that nobody else there can dance, or just learn not to care, and laugh about it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I don't know how much I can do to help you through a forum, but the best I can do is tell you that no one else cares how you dance. Try to enjoy it instead of worrying what everyone else think of your dancing.

Actually, everyone cares about your dancing - particularly girls (talking to the guys). It's better to dance than stand off to the side, but if you're really, really awful, you may as well stay to the side. All you have to do is learn a few simple things:

Move your body to the beat (Fast swaying, twisting, that sorta thing), occasionally throw in a clap, snap or raising your hands up.

And some novelty moves. Full-on fist pump, a la Jersey Shore, something funny like that.

Just enjoy yourself, though, and generally you won't be so bad.

Oh, wait. You're probably in middle school, aren't you? Nevermind, then.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Actually, everyone cares about your dancing - particularly girls (talking to the guys). It's better to dance than stand off to the side, but if you're really, really awful, you may as well stay to the side. All you have to do is learn a few simple things:

Move your body to the beat (Fast swaying, twisting, that sorta thing), occasionally throw in a clap, snap or raising your hands up.

And some novelty moves. Full-on fist pump, a la Jersey Shore, something funny like that.

Just enjoy yourself, though, and generally you won't be so bad.

Oh, wait. You're probably in middle school, aren't you? Nevermind, then.

Most of that is just plain off wrong.

No one really judges how other people dance (unless it's some very weird, out-of-nowhere kind of dance), even if they're not very good dancers.

Clapping, snapping, or raising your hands just like that seems very odd to me.

Oh, and when someone is inconfident about their abilities, the worst thing you could say is tell them everyone judges their abilities, that leads to nothing.

Who, I can honestly tell your that the best you could do is just enjoy yourself and not think of what you may be seen like by others. If you follow that, I assure you no one will really judge your dancing.

Polish Girl?

That's the one.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

No one really judges how other people dance (unless it's some very weird, out-of-nowhere kind of dance), even if they're not very good dancers.

Oh, and when someone is inconfident about their abilities, the worst thing you could say is tell them everyone judges their abilities, that leads to nothing.

Who, I can honestly tell your that the best you could do is just enjoy yourself and not think of what you may be seen like by others. If you follow that, I assure you no one will really judge your dancing.

I forgot this was Disney, where telling everyone everything will be okay is just plain fantastic and nobody judges others! I don't know where you dance, either.

Ouchy, date her if you like her. If you're too scared of being hassled, you don't like her that much.

Wait, Ouchy, let me get something straight..

Are you saying your mates would hassle you over dating her (how are they mates in that case?) because she is, to use your words, not the prettiest girl (seriously, if you think this, you can't think she is that beautiful and you shouldn't be with her).

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I forgot this was Disney, where telling everyone everything will be okay is just plain fantastic and nobody judges others! I don't know where you dance, either.

Being sarcastic doesn't make you sound any smarter. If anything, it does the opposite.

A. Except everyone juding is really not the truth. That's your opinion presented as truth.

B. Not everything you have on your mind should just be spewed in a post.

C. Telling someone who asks for advice about his dancing, after clearly showing that he's very inconfident about his dancing, that everyone would judge it seems cruel, unrealistic, and quite honestly, pointless. But maybe that's just me.

Good day there chaps, I come bearing an update from my post roughly 15 pages ago.

If you remember my post, then you should remember I am 16 and the girl in question is 14. I live in England, her in Wales. But that isn't important now, because today I took a three hour train journey to see her for the first time. Yes, someone I met on RuneScape (The forums) I have now met in real life.

And to be quite honest, it was the best day I've ever had. I don't have the time to type the details, but I have never felt more loved than today.

I'm [bleep]ing happy. :^_^:

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Being sarcastic doesn't make you sound any smarter. If anything, it does the opposite.

A. Except everyone juding is really not the truth. That's your opinion presented as truth.

B. Not everything you have on your mind should just be spewed in a post.

C. Telling someone who asks for advice about his dancing, after clearly showing that he's very inconfident about his dancing, that everyone would judge it seems cruel, unrealistic, and quite honestly, pointless. But maybe that's just me.

You're both wrong. People come to this thread for advice, so lieing is just pointless. BUt Romy is right, people don't judge each other that much unless you're doing something really ridiculous. Just move your body to the beat, all you need is a tiny little bit of musical ability.

Good day there chaps, I come bearing an update from my post roughly 15 pages ago.

If you remember my post, then you should remember I am 16 and the girl in question is 14. I live in England, her in Wales. But that isn't important now, because today I took a three hour train journey to see her for the first time. Yes, someone I met on RuneScape (The forums) I have now met in real life.

And to be quite honest, it was the best day I've ever had. I don't have the time to type the details, but I have never felt more loved than today.

Wait...you mean you found a girl on Runescape, on the internet? And she's attractive? You might be God. Have you ever tried to divide by zero?

[/troll] Just keep a level head. Congrats, but remember if it starts fast, it could easily end fast.

Reading that makes me happy for some unknown reason. :smile:

Flyingjj.png

You just did a fatality on the odds. Congrats, bro.

blackdawn, I'm happy for you :)

Congradualtions on showing fate who's boss.

on the Lent vs. romy debate, I'm siding on the undecided. People do judge people's dancing, but not to a harsh extent. If you're a "bad" dancer, it's looked at as "who cares". If you're a good dancer, you're seen as awesome.

Personally, my thoughts on the whole school dance thing, is the only people that look dumb are the people that show up and never dance. If you're not dancing at a dance, you look stupid. So no matter how awkward you dance, it'll never be as awkward as you feel. It's all in your head. Relax. Feel the beat. Move your feet, and sway. Swivel your hips and grab a girl with some rhythm. Easy as that.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Swivel your hips and grab a girl with some rhythm. Easy as that.

Hopefully it's the girl he's going to the dance with. :razz: Though it sounds like she's not that interested in dancing anyway.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on the dancing point. You're awesome if you can dance, nobody cares if you can't.

Flyingjj.png

Allow me to ruin that mood..

I STILL [bleep]ING BEAT YOU TO IT LOSER! HAHA YOU FAIL!

Though really, it's about damn time you made up your mind.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198