"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I have a question. I went to the mall today to see if I could get a girlfriend, but I just don't know what went wrong, but if I tried talking to any of the girls that remotely interested me, I just... froze up. I don't know why, but I couldn't say anything, and I had no idea how to approach them either without looking stalker-ish.

Anyone have an idea why this happened?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Shallow guys are just the ones who are honest about what they are attracted to. Then you have the guys not lying to themselves but lying to the people around them, because society has deemed them shallow if they tell the truth. The last group would be the ones sitting on their high horse lying to themselves and pretending they have different hard wiring to every other male.

I don't consider it a 'high horse', really. More of a mule.

Good, steadfast animals, mules are.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I have a question. I went to the mall today to see if I could get a girlfriend, but I just don't know what went wrong, but if I tried talking to any of the girls that remotely interested me, I just... froze up. I don't know why, but I couldn't say anything, and I had no idea how to approach them either without looking stalker-ish.

You need a wingman.

I found a good wingman in my friend Art. He's a good looking dude, used to be big into partying, but now he's real chill - except me and him both will just chase after pretty girls, as evidenced by last night. We saw a group of (slightly drunk) girls walking through our friends' dorm, and we ran all the way downstairs to meet them at the elevator. Nice ladies, they were.

I also absolutely love being shallow. Being direct and blunt is something most high school kids aren't used to, especially the girls (you know all the chit chat and the does he like me blah blah blah), so if you just straight up say how you feel, you're in for the win!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Did you go in knowing what you were doing? If nothing of interest is going through your mind, then nothing of interest is going to come out of your mouth. Being attractive is a full time job [personality wise and physically]. Try not going into the situation trying to get a girlfriend. Go into it trying to have fun, it works better.

and Rocco:

OUCH

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Did you go in knowing what you were doing? If nothing of interest is going through your mind, then nothing of interest is going to come out of your mouth. Being attractive is a full time job [personality wise and physically]. Try not going into the situation trying to get a girlfriend. Go into it trying to have fun, it works better.

and Rocco:

OUCH

I'm just going to try chalking it to nervousness or something. I can't quite think of any other reason why. I just couldn't think of anything to talk about anyways.

Although socially, I'm [bleep]ed. I've been rejected from EVERYTHING that involved people for basically my whole life. I was always that kid that was picked last to do anything. No one really wanted anything to do with me. Because of that, I didn't develop those skills I needed. I hate my life.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I know Dan and Lent will yell at me for it, but i think you should prepare some things to say before heading out and meeting girls. Not like canned lines or anything, but reflect on yourself and think of a few funny stories to get the ball rolling. If they can't keep a conversation, its just as much they're fault as it is yours. And you always want an exit strategy. Like saying you gotta be somewhere. Then on the way out, get the number and text all you want. Again, not canned lines - just a battle strategy. Don't forget to look the part of interesting as well.

As Lent said - Wingmen help, but not all of us are lucky enough to have a good one. Especially in our younger years.

Few things you might want to think about.

Don't go meeting people 'to get a girlfriend.' Do it for fun, do it for practice. If every time is a practice and you're just having fun anyway you can't ever lose right?

Freezing up is called approach anxiety in the attraction community. It's because we have the same bodies as our ancestors who chased their dinner with spears did, so we have a lot of their 'survival skills' hard wired into us. "Survival mode" when you drastically cut calorie intake is a perfect example.

Back then you lived in a tribe of maybe 30 people and if you screwed it up with 1 girl, you screwed it up with all of them. Your genes are wiped out of existence. If that girl is taken, her boyfriend will kill you to protect his own means of replication. (which is why guys will go after the other guy when their girlfriend cheats)

Today you don't have that problem (just like the western world doesn't have many issues with starvation) but you still have the hard wiring because evolution is much slower than the population explosion.

I have a fairly large collection of my posts in this thread in my blog if you're interested in what I have to say. They cover how to approach naturally, what attraction switches are, getting numbers etc.

Your blog is awesome, but its a long [wagon] read. Make a table of contents some time?

Your blog is awesome, but its a long [wagon] read. Make a table of contents some time?

Too busy picking up chicks to.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I found this on StumbleUpon and it seems pretty interesting. Even if only some of it is about flirting, it's all useful. Apparently liars tend to either look up and to the right, blink a lot, or try not to do that and stare too much. Good to know.

Oh yeah, and if you look at the top of the page there's more stuff on body language.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Well that's bad because even when I tell the truth I blink a lot or not enough. :S I always wonder if these types of information have actually been checked and not just what oe person experiences and assumes it works for everyone.

Popoto.~<3

Yes, there is psychological research for all of the mentioned "tells." And unless you are consciously controlling your blinking (like right now, as you're most likely consciously aware of it because we're talking about it), there will probably be noticeable differences in your blinking when you're lying compared to when you tell the truth. Also, generally speaking, the bigger the lie, the bigger the tell. I'm guessing that part is because it's harder to convince yourself that what you're saying is true, whereas with smaller lies you can "trick" your body into believing them, even if your conscious mind does not.

Flyingjj.png

This girl I have known since august has a personality that I would love in a gf. I would ask her out, but the only problem is that I find her too unattractive.. Man, I never meet a good-looking girl with a good personality.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

This girl I have known since august has a personality that I would love in a gf. I would ask her out, but the only problem is that I find her too unattractive.. Man, I never meet a good-looking girl with a good personality.

sucks. i have a date next week with a girl who's cute as hell and makes me laugh

i've had a crush on her for a couple of years now, but only asked her out this year because our age gap finally passes the rule

Okay, so I use my Facebook chat, AIM, text messages etc. to chat with people a lot, opposite gender included. My question is, how much is too much? Is there some sort of tell as to whether the person is just annoyed by the frequency with which you message them, or do you just have to guess?

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

Too busy picking up chicks to.

Lol

I wish, I barely have time for anything these days. It's all study. rush hour traffic and boxing.

I found this on StumbleUpon and it seems pretty interesting. Even if only some of it is about flirting, it's all useful. Apparently liars tend to either look up and to the right, blink a lot, or try not to do that and stare too much. Good to know.

Oh yeah, and if you look at the top of the page there's more stuff on body language.

In my experience you get much better results looking for an inconsistency. I have this cool routine that I got from style where I get someone to *think* 5 things, 1 being a lie. They will move their eyes towards the recollective part of their brain for true things, and they will do something else for the lie. It works pretty well, and it's a great dhv when you know that they're thinking a lie and not even saying it.

You can look for more obvious inconsistencies than their eye movement. If someone doesn't usually add lots of detail to a story and they do 1 time, it could be a lie and vice versa.

Then again some people are great liers. (like me) The trick is to believe what you're saying yourself so your body doesn't show any tells.

Then again some people are great liers. (like me) The trick is to believe what you're saying yourself so your body doesn't show any tells.

A good thing about the mind is it can be tricked into fabricating fake memories. It's just a matter of having it believable.

Personality is more important tbh....besides, I know it's horrible but I'm guessing you're not out of high school yet, and I remember a lot of really ugly girls from my high school got really hot once they matured.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Was just aimlessly browsing the web when I came across this pretty guy 8 step guide to getting out of the friend zone. I know some of you guys will love it.

Before we begin I want you to read and absorb...

THE GOLDEN RULE ABOVE ALL RULES:

Never, EVER, express you feelings directly. Dont tell her that you see her as more than a friend. It just does not work like this. The only way you make the change is by HER confessing her feelings for you, or you taking the initiative and kissing her like it was some crazy accident of passion.

Now obviously, there are a few things you must communicate to her before this can happen:

(1) You dont need her.

(2) You find her attractive but she has competition.

(3) You have high standards.

(4) You are a sexual/sensual being.

(5) You understand the value of sex with a connection.

(6) You are physically affectionate.

(7) You give conflicting messages that hint at your desire.

(8) You dont let flings ruin friendships.

(1) YOU DONT NEED HER.

Dont be so readily available. Have enough going on in your life that NO girl is a priority. Pursue your dreams, hobbies, etc. so your focus is mainly on yourself.

This gives you a perfectly legitimate excuse to flake on her once in a while and then "Make it up to her" by taking her out and showing her the time of her life. It is also crucial to have other prospects going on in order to kill any subliminal desperation you might be projecting onto her.

(2) YOU FIND HER ATTRACTIVE BUT SHE HAS COMPETITION.

Start noticing other attractive girls when you are with her and commenting on it "Damn, she is fine!" Stare other girls down and become distracted till your "pal" starts to get a little miffed.

Tell her not to get her panties in a twist because she is also totally hot and she knows it.

Its okay to compliment her like this when it is balanced by your wandering eye. It also communicates that you find her attractive, but in a very detached way.

She might try to flip it on ya and talk about other guys but dont let it faze you. Take interest in it and find out what attracts her most about guys. Needless to say, this should be an interesting convo!

(3) YOU HAVE HIGH STANDARDS.

Talk about the things you require in a woman. This is a subtle way of qualifying her.

Tell her how you once thought that the key to happiness was being able to approach any girl and hookup at anytime. But after you finally overcame your fears and were able to hook up consistently, you realized how many women just dont meet your standards -- intelligent, funny, knows how to cook, whatever.

Let this conversation build and get her to talk about what makes a great boyfriend. Listen to her and give her feedback as this convo unfolds. She will probably have a lot to say.

Let that convo fizzle out and then talk about one of your past flings where the girl seemed perfect for you in every way. (Really build this up: "this girl cooked, gave massages and even loved basketball! She was the bomb!") Except she was a TERRIBLE lover. This will build curiosity and of course she will ask why this girl was so bad in the sack. This leads smoothly into...

(4) YOU ARE A SEXUAL/SENSUAL BEING.

Talk about sex. Mention things that you like done to you but most girls are not keen on. Talk about it like it is as casual as a convo about the weather.

Just be comfortable letting her see your sexual side, because she IS your friend after all. If she cant handle this topic, then this should strike you as a MAJOR red flag, this girl has issues and you are better off moving on.

Contrast your previous story of frustration with a tale of a girl who knew EXACTLY how to please you and what she did that was so great. Once you tell her a little bit about what you like, close up a little and act somewhat apprehensive.

Say "Heyyy, this is not fair! Here I am giving you the inside scoop and getting nothing in return!" Prod her for a few sexual details... what her favorite position is... what gives her the most powerful org*sm... who was her best lay and why.

If she gets suspicious or uncomfortable, tell her that if she was really your friend she would give you some killer tips and how its good karma because one day some lucky girl will thank her.

WARNING: Talk about sex but dont get hung up on it or you will seem like a perv. Let the convos flow naturally by gauging her reactions. As soon as you feel the convo fizzling out, change the subject to something else. Its much better to leave her wanting more sex talk than to overdo it! If done right, this convo will be a recurring topic of conversation.

(5) YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF SEX WITH A CONNECTION.

Talk about the difference between animal sex and spiritual love making. How the spiritual thing is so much more intense and beautiful when you really connect with someone.

Anchor your earlier story as if its a revelation and say "Hmmm, maybe thats another reason that girl rocked my world. We were actually good friends before anything happened." And so the seed is planted... muahahahahhaaa!!

(6) YOU ARE PHYSICALLY AFFECTIONATE.

After building up the sexual tension, toss a little innocent KINO in the mix.

Comment on her jewelry and touch her. If its a ring hold her hand and admire it then let her hand go with a slow slide. If its an earring, let the backs of your fingers grace her cheek. DO NOT GROPE HER! Think of this physical contact as subtle displays of tenderness.

Also when you hug her, make it count! I have gotten many compliments on my hugs from all my girlfriends because I do it with all my heart. I love to wrap my arms all the way around them so they feel all enclosed and protected, then I squeeze them tight (not too tight there, killer) and give them a hundred little kisses on the cheek in the same spot.

Sometimes I like to tell them I am having a crap day and am in need of a real hug... not the fake kind that people give out like loose change, but a REAL HUG where I can proceed to bury my jawline in the crook of her neck and get full body contact. Girls are emotional, mushy creatures and they LOVE this stuff!

(7) YOU GIVE CONFLICTING MESSAGES THAT HINT AT YOUR DESIRE.

Tell her how special she is and you wish more girls were as cool as her and you are glad that you guys are pals. Then tell her she smells really nice and get close to her neck for a closer whiff and ask what perfume she is wearing.

Joke around and say that she MUST NOT wear this perfume around you anymore because it drives you crazy and just might "ruin" your friendship. Say this in half-jest "Keep wearing that perfume and I just might attack you someday!"

If she continues to wear this dangerous scent in the future, consider it a HUGE indicator of her interest. (Translation: she WANTS you!)

(8) YOU DONT LET FLINGS RUIN FRIENDSHIPS.

Reassurance. At some point mention how you are still friends with most of your exs because you think its a waste of time and energy to just write off the people who played such powerful roles in your life. Girls always agree with me when I say this.

It also helps alleviate her fear of jeopardizing the friendship if she acts on her desires. This is your loophole for managing her expectations in case things dont work out.

And thats pretty much it.

Above all, the real deal-sealer here is your detachment. This technique doesnt work on all girls obviously. But if you keep your vibe open like this, conveying your sexuality, not caring if she feels the same, etc., one of them is bound to bite!

I can honestly say my success rate is 100%. I have never been rejected by a friend. This is because I turn them into the pursuers and actually "resist" their advances with my conflicting messages. (It would never work between us... damn, your skin is so soft!)

Sometimes it takes a while... could be days, weeks or even months. It all depends on her emotional state at the time. But eventually the flirting gets more intense and I can just TELL when she is ready. She will start touching me more often and calling me "cutie" or "baby." It all escalates until the final Moment of Truth.

Usually we are in the middle of one of my famous hugs when I sort of nuzzle her neck with my chin and make her giggle. Then I nuzzle her cheek to cheek. Then I pull my head back, still hugging her and look her in the eyes. If she returns this intense gaze without getting weirded out, this is my signal she is ready... so I slowly close in for our first kiss!

Once the iron is hot I strike and let me tell you, there are few things more passionate and gratifying than that first forbidden encounter between two friends.

Now before you rush off to try this exciting escape, keep in mind that there are girls who will never see you as anything but their good-natured little brother. Dont write these chicks off! They not only provide you with excellent social proof when you go out together, but they have access to an intimate circle of friends who are as hot, if not hotter than they are.

Also it is nice to have a few platonic girls you can genuinely enjoy and yes, even cuddle with and just leave it at that. I have quite a few friends who want to cross the line but I dont let them because I know for me it will be a fling but for them it will be love, no matter what they say. And I honestly value their friendship too much.

DISCLAIMER: Use these tools wisely! The last thing you want to do is mess up a great friendship, so decide if you really want to go the extra mile with this girl and if she can even handle this without destroying what you have both worked to build over time.

Always remember the Golden Rule and also the most sacred rule of them all.

Its called GAME because its supposed to be fun!

Was just aimlessly browsing the web when I came across this pretty guy 8 step guide to getting out of the friend zone. I know some of you guys will love it.

Before we begin I want you to read and absorb...

THE GOLDEN RULE ABOVE ALL RULES:

Never, EVER, express you feelings directly. Dont tell her that you see her as more than a friend. It just does not work like this. The only way you make the change is by HER confessing her feelings for you, or you taking the initiative and kissing her like it was some crazy accident of passion.

Now obviously, there are a few things you must communicate to her before this can happen:

(1) You dont need her.

(2) You find her attractive but she has competition.

(3) You have high standards.

(4) You are a sexual/sensual being.

(5) You understand the value of sex with a connection.

(6) You are physically affectionate.

(7) You give conflicting messages that hint at your desire.

(8) You dont let flings ruin friendships.

(1) YOU DONT NEED HER.

Dont be so readily available. Have enough going on in your life that NO girl is a priority. Pursue your dreams, hobbies, etc. so your focus is mainly on yourself.

This gives you a perfectly legitimate excuse to flake on her once in a while and then "Make it up to her" by taking her out and showing her the time of her life. It is also crucial to have other prospects going on in order to kill any subliminal desperation you might be projecting onto her.

(2) YOU FIND HER ATTRACTIVE BUT SHE HAS COMPETITION.

Start noticing other attractive girls when you are with her and commenting on it "Damn, she is fine!" Stare other girls down and become distracted till your "pal" starts to get a little miffed.

Tell her not to get her panties in a twist because she is also totally hot and she knows it.

Its okay to compliment her like this when it is balanced by your wandering eye. It also communicates that you find her attractive, but in a very detached way.

She might try to flip it on ya and talk about other guys but dont let it faze you. Take interest in it and find out what attracts her most about guys. Needless to say, this should be an interesting convo!

(3) YOU HAVE HIGH STANDARDS.

Talk about the things you require in a woman. This is a subtle way of qualifying her.

Tell her how you once thought that the key to happiness was being able to approach any girl and hookup at anytime. But after you finally overcame your fears and were able to hook up consistently, you realized how many women just dont meet your standards -- intelligent, funny, knows how to cook, whatever.

Let this conversation build and get her to talk about what makes a great boyfriend. Listen to her and give her feedback as this convo unfolds. She will probably have a lot to say.

Let that convo fizzle out and then talk about one of your past flings where the girl seemed perfect for you in every way. (Really build this up: "this girl cooked, gave massages and even loved basketball! She was the bomb!") Except she was a TERRIBLE lover. This will build curiosity and of course she will ask why this girl was so bad in the sack. This leads smoothly into...

(4) YOU ARE A SEXUAL/SENSUAL BEING.

Talk about sex. Mention things that you like done to you but most girls are not keen on. Talk about it like it is as casual as a convo about the weather.

Just be comfortable letting her see your sexual side, because she IS your friend after all. If she cant handle this topic, then this should strike you as a MAJOR red flag, this girl has issues and you are better off moving on.

Contrast your previous story of frustration with a tale of a girl who knew EXACTLY how to please you and what she did that was so great. Once you tell her a little bit about what you like, close up a little and act somewhat apprehensive.

Say "Heyyy, this is not fair! Here I am giving you the inside scoop and getting nothing in return!" Prod her for a few sexual details... what her favorite position is... what gives her the most powerful org*sm... who was her best lay and why.

If she gets suspicious or uncomfortable, tell her that if she was really your friend she would give you some killer tips and how its good karma because one day some lucky girl will thank her.

WARNING: Talk about sex but dont get hung up on it or you will seem like a perv. Let the convos flow naturally by gauging her reactions. As soon as you feel the convo fizzling out, change the subject to something else. Its much better to leave her wanting more sex talk than to overdo it! If done right, this convo will be a recurring topic of conversation.

(5) YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF SEX WITH A CONNECTION.

Talk about the difference between animal sex and spiritual love making. How the spiritual thing is so much more intense and beautiful when you really connect with someone.

Anchor your earlier story as if its a revelation and say "Hmmm, maybe thats another reason that girl rocked my world. We were actually good friends before anything happened." And so the seed is planted... muahahahahhaaa!!

(6) YOU ARE PHYSICALLY AFFECTIONATE.

After building up the sexual tension, toss a little innocent KINO in the mix.

Comment on her jewelry and touch her. If its a ring hold her hand and admire it then let her hand go with a slow slide. If its an earring, let the backs of your fingers grace her cheek. DO NOT GROPE HER! Think of this physical contact as subtle displays of tenderness.

Also when you hug her, make it count! I have gotten many compliments on my hugs from all my girlfriends because I do it with all my heart. I love to wrap my arms all the way around them so they feel all enclosed and protected, then I squeeze them tight (not too tight there, killer) and give them a hundred little kisses on the cheek in the same spot.

Sometimes I like to tell them I am having a crap day and am in need of a real hug... not the fake kind that people give out like loose change, but a REAL HUG where I can proceed to bury my jawline in the crook of her neck and get full body contact. Girls are emotional, mushy creatures and they LOVE this stuff!

(7) YOU GIVE CONFLICTING MESSAGES THAT HINT AT YOUR DESIRE.

Tell her how special she is and you wish more girls were as cool as her and you are glad that you guys are pals. Then tell her she smells really nice and get close to her neck for a closer whiff and ask what perfume she is wearing.

Joke around and say that she MUST NOT wear this perfume around you anymore because it drives you crazy and just might "ruin" your friendship. Say this in half-jest "Keep wearing that perfume and I just might attack you someday!"

If she continues to wear this dangerous scent in the future, consider it a HUGE indicator of her interest. (Translation: she WANTS you!)

(8) YOU DONT LET FLINGS RUIN FRIENDSHIPS.

Reassurance. At some point mention how you are still friends with most of your exs because you think its a waste of time and energy to just write off the people who played such powerful roles in your life. Girls always agree with me when I say this.

It also helps alleviate her fear of jeopardizing the friendship if she acts on her desires. This is your loophole for managing her expectations in case things dont work out.

And thats pretty much it.

Above all, the real deal-sealer here is your detachment. This technique doesnt work on all girls obviously. But if you keep your vibe open like this, conveying your sexuality, not caring if she feels the same, etc., one of them is bound to bite!

I can honestly say my success rate is 100%. I have never been rejected by a friend. This is because I turn them into the pursuers and actually "resist" their advances with my conflicting messages. (It would never work between us... damn, your skin is so soft!)

Sometimes it takes a while... could be days, weeks or even months. It all depends on her emotional state at the time. But eventually the flirting gets more intense and I can just TELL when she is ready. She will start touching me more often and calling me "cutie" or "baby." It all escalates until the final Moment of Truth.

Usually we are in the middle of one of my famous hugs when I sort of nuzzle her neck with my chin and make her giggle. Then I nuzzle her cheek to cheek. Then I pull my head back, still hugging her and look her in the eyes. If she returns this intense gaze without getting weirded out, this is my signal she is ready... so I slowly close in for our first kiss!

Once the iron is hot I strike and let me tell you, there are few things more passionate and gratifying than that first forbidden encounter between two friends.

Now before you rush off to try this exciting escape, keep in mind that there are girls who will never see you as anything but their good-natured little brother. Dont write these chicks off! They not only provide you with excellent social proof when you go out together, but they have access to an intimate circle of friends who are as hot, if not hotter than they are.

Also it is nice to have a few platonic girls you can genuinely enjoy and yes, even cuddle with and just leave it at that. I have quite a few friends who want to cross the line but I dont let them because I know for me it will be a fling but for them it will be love, no matter what they say. And I honestly value their friendship too much.

DISCLAIMER: Use these tools wisely! The last thing you want to do is mess up a great friendship, so decide if you really want to go the extra mile with this girl and if she can even handle this without destroying what you have both worked to build over time.

Always remember the Golden Rule and also the most sacred rule of them all.

Its called GAME because its supposed to be fun!

I just lost <_<

Might be usefull if that ever happens to me.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Mage, I've been using those techniques subconciously for a very long time now :lol:. I don't use them to get out of the friend zone as much as I do to put my self in the male-of-interest-zone.

Good article find though :thumbup:

And good luck on your date, Shadow :D

Eh this is weird =/. But I need some advice and I'd rather come here than break down to my friends in real life. Yeah, like I said. Weird.

I've struggled with depression before. And don't think that I'm just another one of those teens that cries out for attention and pity. After spending my entire life of being the kid that sat drawing and writing down ideas instead of having social interaction at my young, young family gatherings at Christmas parties...and being ridiculed for how weird/socially awkward, etc that I was...and all of the epically failed "relationships" that either never came to be or lasted no more than a few days from pity...well, two years ago I just broke down and spiraled down into a depression. I lost faith in all my friends, became extremely paranoid and lost my grip on reality. I never self-harmed or seriously considered suicide, but I did question life a lot. I suppose that's just the pessimistic hopeless that came with the territory of the phase.

But I turned out ok. Infact, I turned out really good. That ugly, chubby, socially awkward caterpillar crawled into a dark, painful cocoon of depression, then emerged a cool, confident, attractive (I guess?) butterfly.

I got tons of friends, even got involved with a band, and actually got the stunning girl I've wanted for a long time. I'd come a long way. From a severely socially awkward penguin, to finally having the greatest time of my life (so far. I'm in high school. Yeah.) I'd never kissed a girl, but I learned fast, being fed with BS I actually believed.

Ironically, even though it seemed like it was my new, confident way of life, this period ended. I still have my friends, yes, but all of the other stuff is gone. The girl just used me as both a rebound and then ran straight back to the jerk off who treated her like crap and kept pressuring her to do things. Not only that, but that girl was my best friend for years. I know, I'm an idiot. But the catch was that after running back to her old boyfriend, she didn't even give a care that I was no longer a part of her life. The complete opposite of what she'd be telling me. She just happily flaunted around her boyfriend, not caring at all how she could of affected me.

The band broke up for the reason of 'going no where', and I was deemed in denial for having the hope that it would. The people in the band, my other best friends, have since been distanced from me. I don't know if it's a matter of them pushing me away, or the other way around. We're still best friends, but something's just not there.

I've had the plan, based on how successful I'd changed before, to give it another shot. Take up some new skills, like guitar and dancing. Read The Game and learn the philosophy of PUA and all that fancy stuff. That way, I'd be a pretty cool guy.

Well, combined with the friends, the love life, this bad bounce in life, and memories and feelings of the past, I'm starting to slip again. I'm not RAWREMOJUSTKILLME (yet), but I can feel it coming back. The discriminating and hopeless thoughts returning to my head. The insecurities slowly resurfacing. The doubts if this new plan is even worth it. The doubts of life, and all of that.

The difference now is, I try my hardest to put a smile on my face and laugh with my friends as much as I can each day. While inside, I'm breaking. Because I know how it works. If I think I'm hopeless now with dating and being socially acceptable, the last thing I need is for my emotions to fall apart all over again. Something tells me the whole "get really depressed, cut contact with most everyone during the summer, come back a new cool person" deal isn't going to work again.

Meh. I don't really know what I'm here to ask. Advice on my situation of life? Some understanding and a virtual pat on the back to tell me it's all ok? Maybe I just needed to let out some feelings. But, TIF, I feel oddly a deep part in the community, something like what was discussed a page or two ago. Don't be confused with the alias, I've been a part of TIF since '06. I'd just rather keep parts of my life separate right now.

Thanks in advance.

hmolsig.png