"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

just found out more about the senior that girl is dating... they've been together for almost 2 years and they're obsessed with each other, like they even bought a [bleep]ing dog together... this sucks

My advice then would be to find a different girl. Worked for me, except I found like five or six. ;)

By the way: problems solved. Wasn't hard to bring my emotions back either, just relaxed a little and lightened up.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

I know there's a really, really small chance that she'll break up with her boyfriend and that I should just forget about it, but it still really SUCKS.

I know, I've been there. Trust me though, you're a lot better off without her on your mind all day.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

@Rpg, Find a better bar would be my move.

hahaha, I had a good hearty laugh at the responses to my post.

Gratz to JeffWilson for being slick as hell icon_cool.gif

Sounds like we're all in pretty good places at the moment. Shall we go enjoy ourselves for now? I feel like getting laid.

Thanks, I'm pretty smooth :cool:

Lol nah, it was one of the situation where you can tell that a girl is keen on you (I always find it pretty hard to tell whether or not girls are flirting) so you know you can move in for the kill without fear of rejection.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Seems I may have got lucky the other Friday. My cousin's girlfriend had a friend over one night and they decided to talk to me on MSN due to my pic (same as the profile pic I have here on TIF.) I'm just going to refer to my cousin's gf as A and her friend as B.

Anyway, A starts by calling me bean head, and mentions she has B over (I have no idea who she is,) so I decided that I could safely try a few things. They wanted me to entertain them, so I get them to jump through some hoops first. It works and I am told several times that B likes me, and that she wants to meet me to which I responded that she'd have to try hard. That also helped a lot, surprisingly. I didn't really think much of it until A told me before that "u mess with the hannah cause she lika u ;)" which I am going to assume means that B really does like me, she's only a year younger than me which is good. Now to decide what to do here.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Seems I may have got lucky the other Friday. My cousin's girlfriend had a friend over one night and they decided to talk to me on MSN due to my pic (same as the profile pic I have here on TIF.) I'm just going to refer to my cousin's gf as A and her friend as B.

Anyway, A starts by calling me bean head, and mentions she has B over (I have no idea who she is,) so I decided that I could safely try a few things. They wanted me to entertain them, so I get them to jump through some hoops first. It works and I am told several times that B likes me, and that she wants to meet me to which I responded that she'd have to try hard. That also helped a lot, surprisingly. I didn't really think much of it until A told me before that "u mess with the hannah cause she lika u ;)" which I am going to assume means that B really does like me, she's only a year younger than me which is good. Now to decide what to do here.

So you've never even met her? Cos that would probably be a good place to start, get your cousin's GF to organise a get together/chance to hangout, obviously with the both of them cos it'd be a bit awkward hanging out if you'd just met...Doooo it maaaaan!

rosssigfinal.jpg

Blach. Lay attempt failed, and now I'm sitting around playing Battlefield. Something is wrong with this picture...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Hello everyone. I'm about halfway through The Game. It kinda seems like all of the useful info has stopped coming and now I'm just reading some lame autobiography. Anyone else get this? I actually feel like I don't want to finish it, but I can't put it down either. I want to finish reading it ASAP, but it's just so dang long.

hmolsig.png

Hello everyone. I'm about halfway through The Game. It kinda seems like all of the useful info has stopped coming and now I'm just reading some lame autobiography. Anyone else get this? I actually feel like I don't want to finish it, but I can't put it down either. I want to finish reading it ASAP, but it's just so dang long.

I thought it was an autobiography? :blink:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

It is an autobiography, I've always said don't read the game if all you're looking for are tips.

You don't need exact routines to copy so you become a 'pua clone', the collection of posts here is more than what you need to know. Now less reading and more talkie to girls.

Long? It's like 200 pages.

The Game's for folks who have trouble even conceiving anything beyond their little bubble of inadequacy. It reveals that, yes, a little nerdy dude can become that badass and get any girl he wants.

If you need actual advice, there are far better places. Honestly, though, that gives plenty of base knowledge. You'll want to look more into general psychology, sociology and general social dynamics stuff if you want to get more in-depth. Nowadays all the canned routines and whatever have been plenty overused, so it's better to learn to just play off your environment.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Lent, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I want to learn how to read body language, improve my apparently 'awkward posture', and learn how people think and how to be really charismatic. What should I read then? I posted a while back asking what books to read on that kinda stuff, and the answer I got was 'just The Game'. I'd like to be pointed in the right direction. So help. Here is a problem. Solve it. =D

[hide]

I know there's 'The Game', but what other self-help/body language/psychology books would you guys recommend?
[/hide]
hmolsig.png

Lent, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I want to learn how to read body language, improve my apparently 'awkward posture', and learn how people think and how to be really charismatic. What should I read then? I posted a while back asking what books to read on that kinda stuff, and the answer I got was 'just The Game'. I'd like to be pointed in the right direction. So help. Here is a problem. Solve it. =D

[hide]

I know there's 'The Game', but what other self-help/body language/psychology books would you guys recommend?
[/hide]

If you really want stuff to read then:

The definitive book of body language by Allan and Barbara Pease

Mastering your hidden self by Serge King

The selfish gene by Richard Dawkins

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/

And my blog.

I wouldn't advise reading 'pua material' apart from Brad P's fashion bible, and maybe something on text game.

Battlefield 2. If it matters that much :P

I recommend paying attention to this thread, taking some sort of sociology class, and maybe even watch some sitcoms. For some reason, sitcoms have taught me a lot about relationships. Why? Because people dealing with problems is good entertainment. And what brings the most problems to people's lives? relationships. now, you can't go on basing everything off a sitcom, but they certainly helped me understand a lot. I also look very far into psychology [going to major in it to get my own practice some day] and sociology. I find them facisnating. I could rattle off some pointers as a general direction in a later post, but seriously - just go to your local library and look through the psychology section [mine has an entire damn shelf of psychology books]. ick one up and leaf through it a bit. It's amazing the things you can learn. But the best way to learn is by trying stuff out for yourself. See pretty girl? talk to pretty girl. Understand what happens between you and girl. Take failures as what not to do, and don't do it again. Take successes, and fnid out why they were sucesses. repeat the good. and so on. I'd eleaborate more, but I'm pressed for time.

It's ridiculous how many Psych majors/future psychiatrists/counselors this thread has/has had... Myself included, tbh. I happen to be at the "majoring in Psych" phase at the moment if you're wondering. I also plan to someday have my own practice.

Flyingjj.png

I would be interested in minoring in psychology or philosophy ... Or both. I just find the study of folks interesting. Well, I find many things interesting.

But majoring would be boring.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Once you start understanding things like body language and basic psychology it changes you. It's almost like it slows down social situations, and you notice the little things and understand what they can mean. You start knowing what you're doing right and wrong right after you do it.

The easiest mistake you can make is reading too much into it though, look for clusters.

Blach. Lay attempt failed, and now I'm sitting around playing Battlefield. Something is wrong with this picture...

Go on...

Battlefield 2. If it matters that much :P

I recommend paying attention to this thread, taking some sort of sociology class, and maybe even watch some sitcoms. For some reason, sitcoms have taught me a lot about relationships. Why? Because people dealing with problems is good entertainment. And what brings the most problems to people's lives? relationships. now, you can't go on basing everything off a sitcom, but they certainly helped me understand a lot. I also look very far into psychology [going to major in it to get my own practice some day] and sociology. I find them facisnating. I could rattle off some pointers as a general direction in a later post, but seriously - just go to your local library and look through the psychology section [mine has an entire damn shelf of psychology books]. ick one up and leaf through it a bit. It's amazing the things you can learn. But the best way to learn is by trying stuff out for yourself. See pretty girl? talk to pretty girl. Understand what happens between you and girl. Take failures as what not to do, and don't do it again. Take successes, and fnid out why they were sucesses. repeat the good. and so on. I'd eleaborate more, but I'm pressed for time.

Well I wouldn't recommend Sociology, cos even if it does focus on Microsociology you really aren't going to learn much about male - female social interactions, you'd have to get quite far in to start looking at that kind of thing. Psych would be much better, though to make a career out of it you'd need to get a masters at least.

I would be interested in minoring in psychology or philosophy ... Or both. I just find the study of folks interesting. Well, I find many things interesting.

But majoring would be boring.

Yeah, I've found Philosophy to be really good, I've been thinking about adding it in as a minor to my degree.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I kind of lost my point from my last post, but basically take some time and observe other people in social situations. Learn from their mistakes, and soak in their success. You don't have to act like them [in fact i advise against it] but learn from them and the way they act. One of my favorite hobbies in middle school was listening to other people's conversations and problems. I learned alot, with out actually having to do anything myself. The side effect unfortunatly was that I didn't actually talk to many people in middle cshool, as I spent most of my time just listening. But I made up for it through out highschool using all of my new found tools. And even then, I continued to learn, because socializing isn't something you can ever really "master" there's always something else to learn or pick up.

My friend just got a girlfriend but he won't tell me her name because he says he needs her permission. I told him HE should be giving HER permission to do things, and he only said: "This is why I have a girlfriend and you don't." :wall:

So do I need to get a girlfriend for my friends to believe my advice has any value or something? <_<

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

You're a sexist pig who believes women need a man's permission to do things it appears.

Seems like the angle he was going for.

It's not exactly secret that I'm sexist. I mean, come on, people were happier back when women stayed home, cooked, cleaned, and took care of the children. Families actually stayed together.

But that's not when I'm trying to get across. My point is, why should I need to have had a girlfriend for him to believe anything I say?

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,