Today...

Leoo

I guess England has a fairly different system from North America then, nomenclature aside (grades 1-12 for us, fancy names if your american like sophomore). Here, school becomes optional at 16 as well, which should mean you finish grade 10. However, unlike you guys, people are allowed to fail as much as they want in grade 11 and 12 and keep trying, and there is no colledge option unless you actually complete grade 12 and get a diploma, or get a GED. When I was in grade 9, our science teacher was fresh out of school. I think we had him in his second year or so (he would have been like 23). |His first year of teaching was at the highschool he graduated from, and there were people there who had been in grade 10 when he graduated, still trying to get through High School. Have to admire their determination.

The 'cut' I had on my leg is healing. In the last couple days it managed to generate at least one new layer of skin, and the skin surrounding the edges has managed to grow in and cover about 50% of the original area. Unfortunately, the apparent bug bite which started this somehow seems to have survived, and the area in general is still itchy. Even once this heals, I think I'll have to keep the tensor bandage on since it seems to reduce some of the itch, and it keeps me from being able to do any more damage to the skin. If it doesn't clear up soon, I'll have to get it looked at. Should have taken a picture of the original cut I think >.>

Got my schedule for school next year, which they somehow managed to mess up again. Gotta go in on Tuesday to get my classes fixed and hopefully get rid of a couple awful teachers. I need a 90% average between Precal and Physics this year to get direct entrance into Engineering plus a min. of 65% in English, both of which will be impossible with the teachers I've been assigned.

Started getting into an art style I like, it's simple and starting to grow on it, as well as making it cleaner without any anti-aliasing pixel mess.

drunk_chibi_by_razermind-d5c8i72.png

Nice. Did you do that with a tablet/stylus thingy or just a mouse?

mouse, still practicing with the tablet, and I need to configure it to work w/ one monitor only, not to detect 2 monitors.

Popoto.~<3

I really wish warri0r were still around so we could chat about Biology in here... there's too much teen angst for my liking. Normally I would think of a smart and cute way to steer this conversation away from hen-clucking to something that requires some more brain power. But I'm using all mine to write a scientific paper which I won't even be first author on. And to be honest I've been doing my fair share of hen clucking, but that's only because I've been following the trend mindlessly.

Some dude/dudess once said:

Lesser minds discuss people

Good minds discuss events

Great minds discuss ideas.

And if I come back and see that the only reply I get is that this is the Today thread and that we should be posting boring personal things, then picture me holding up my middle fingers in the air and walking out the door backwards, ensuring everyone is flipped off properly.

Nope this is the same today thread where you used to report of your latest lab-partner hook-ups :P

So don't be acting all elitist on us, oh father of the TIF Hegemony.

As long as your looking for some discussion on "greater mind" activities, how do you feel about the idea that evolution caused humans to feel emotion [thus sympathy] to counter our natural tendency to kill each other? There. Even has a bit of a biology twinge to it if you take the conversation that way. It's amazing that migh microscopic electric synapses in our heads cause EVERYTHING we do, say, feel and think.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I just finished watching the Swedish films for the Millennium series. I would describe them as your typical book to film adaptation but the third one was particularly horrible, completely butchered the book. I'm going to stop myself before I go off on a tirade though..

One last thing before I go, the USADA is corrupt system that is out to destroy modern sports and athletes without actually providing actual evidence to support their claims. With that said, I don't actually believe the UCI will follow through and strip Lance Armstrong of his seven tour de france victories.

tFtfA.jpg

One last thing before I go, the USADA is corrupt system that is out to destroy modern sports and athletes without actually providing actual evidence to support their claims. With that said, I don't actually believe the UCI will follow through and strip Lance Armstrong of his seven tour de france victories.

That's what I've been wondering; what the hell kinda proof do they think they have? And why did they have to wait 5 years before finally doing something with it?

I'm cutting my hair today. Unless I chicken out, my hair is going to be rather short in about an hour.

I'll post a picture, unless it looks like shit. In which case I will pretend it never happened and wear a hat all the time.

Edit: Now it is all gone. I cut off probably about 6 or so inches from the back, going from about my shoulder to half an inch.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Moved all into my house now. Can't get my 360 to connect to the wireless internet here. Whenever I turn on my Xbox my computer wigs out and I lose internet connection on it. My Xbox isn't even able to connect to the network that is set up here, even though I have the key and everything.

Really pissing me off.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

They've said will give their evidence to the UCI to allow them to consider taking the case to arbitration, and then publish it in public. They've already stated the evidence includes analysed data and testimonies from over a dozen of his former colleagues. It does seem strange, that you accuse the USADA of being corrupt because they don't provide evidence, without providing evidence of said corruption yourself. Hypocritical, even.

What's even more bizarre is that, given the chance to expose the USADA's alleged corruption, and ridicule these claims as the "nonsense" he has described them, that Lance has decided to pass up on the opportunity because he feels "weary". This is a man who has aggressively sued absolutely anyone, anywhere, whenever they have even implied he used performance-enhancing drugs, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in legal costs and compensation payouts... he's even already tried suing the USADA in a federal court in this case to prevent proceedings continuing any further. But now he can finally deliver a coup de grâce to these claims, and completely legitimise his place as the greatest Tour cyclist of all time, he apparently can't be bothered.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that, just like most athletes and sportspeople who eventually get caught for doping, he's doing two things. 1) Maintaining his innocence in face of the threat of the contrary being exposed, but only by simply stating "I'm innocent" while not following it through with any tangible proof of innocence; and 2) victimising himself. He wouldn't be the first--God, Alberto Contador was doing it only twelve months ago--and he almost certainly won't be the last to follow that pattern of behaviour.

They've said will give their evidence to the UCI to allow them to consider taking the case to arbitration, and then publish it in public. They've already stated the evidence includes analysed data and testimonies from over a dozen of his former colleagues. It does seem strange, that you accuse the USADA of being corrupt because they don't provide evidence, without providing evidence of said corruption yourself. Hypocritical, even.

What's even more bizarre is that, given the chance to expose the USADA's alleged corruption, and ridicule these claims as the "nonsense" he has described them, that Lance has decided to pass up on the opportunity because he feels "weary". This is a man who has aggressively sued absolutely anyone, anywhere, whenever they have even implied he used performance-enhancing drugs, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in legal costs and compensation payouts... he's even already tried suing the USADA in a federal court in this case to prevent proceedings continuing any further. But now he can finally deliver a coup de grâce to these claims, and completely legitimise his place as the greatest Tour cyclist of all time, he apparently can't be bothered.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that, just like most athletes and sportspeople who eventually get caught for doping, he's doing two things. 1) Maintaining his innocence in face of the threat of the contrary being exposed, but only by simply stating "I'm innocent" while not following it through with any tangible proof of innocence; and 2) victimising himself. He wouldn't be the first--God, Alberto Contador was doing it only twelve months ago--and he almost certainly won't be the last to follow that pattern of behaviour.

Nobody has actually seen the evidence yet. All I've seen is them saying they confessions from 10 former team-mates and two of which will probably include Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton who will just about say anything these days. Nowhere is there hard evidence. It's like me saying I have 10 confessions that you robbed a store yet I haven't shown anyone those confessions, nor is there video evidence (urine samples) to support the my claim of you robbing a store, but you now have to go to jail to serve your time for robbing the store. Not to mention, Lance Armstrong just got over a two year federal investigation over basically the same doping allegations. How many times can you trial one man over the same "crime" before enough is enough?

tFtfA.jpg

Too drunk to.drive home, waiting for it to pass. Sent a message to my ex asking where shes goimg tomorrow so i dont see her, regretting it already

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

@Askthedude

bahaha been there done that.

Today...

placed high in local MTG draft. Feels good man.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm moving into school tomorrow (today), in about ~11 hours. I'm excited but nervous. I have a roommate I know nothing about, and I really don't like meeting new people. All I know about him is that he's a sophomore or older, and he is most likely Asian, probably Chinese based on his name.

Should be okay though. All my classes should be easy as [bleep], other than Calc 2.

15cbz0y.jpg

A question for artists;

Whats an affordable drawing tablet with a built-in screen and is it possible to get one for under $500? I'm using a Bamboo atm and eventually I'll got to an updated model as I get better.

In other news: now I'm re-teaching myself HTML in order to customize my dA account... Just wish I could draw better. :(

Popoto.~<3

Gotta get some forms from the student employment office today for my TA position. Also, I'm going to see if the mailroom is open today so I can get a mailbox there. I don't feel safe at all having packages sent to my house where someone off the street could easily (and considering where I live, will easily) take it off my front porch. Then I'll probably try to pick up my $150 customized Spanish textbook I need for Spanish 101 from the bookstore.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'm moved in. My roommate isn't here yet. You're supposed to be checked in by 5, so if he's not here in the next 35 minutes, than he's probably coming tomorrow.

I hope he shows up tomorrow, I'm tired as [bleep] today.

15cbz0y.jpg

Had to buy a hard drive for my 360 to install the DLCs for Fallout 3. Bought a used one at the store, installed it, and noticed that quite a bit of space was taken up on it. turns out the previous user didn't bother to delete all his old games off of it, so I just got several of free full games. :thumbup: