Today...

Leoo

brother's birthday. spent most of the day nursing a hangover, then went out for milkshakes. Watched some TV. meh.

Was there boys' in the yard?

They ran off when I told them the lessons weren't free

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Finally got around to watching Heavy Metal and Wizards today. I dunno what it is about these cult films, I really like them, but I couldn't tell you why.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Moved back into my place today, which is not as awesome as it should be, because I was exceptionaly lazy when I left and now my room is a war zone. The cake goes to my fridge though, which is currently defrosting, and then is going to be cleaned up. Thing is a huge power hog when it gets like this. With all the ice, it needs to run full bore just to stay moderately cool, but by tomorrow morning it will be able to turn itself into a freezer if it wants to.

But even though I need to clean up still, its nice to be back here, because this is home for me. And I have a nice long year of being poor as dirt to look forward to because I spent the summer working for my parents. Not that it wasn't actually a lot more awesome than having a job, but I normally make enough to live comfortably for the entire year. On the other hand, a bit better spending control will be good for me, and I'll have money for food.

And my room spent the entire day reminding me that its still summer, and the room can still get stupid warm. I have not missed needing my tower fan to go to bed, and I forgot to run the AC for a couple hours (I won't let it run all night. Thing just evaporates electricity).

Good times!

P.S. For bonus points, the defrosting means the fridge is dropping huge chunks of ice as it melts, and its not a quiet process when that happens. Already jumped once, and I expect that will hapen a couple more times. I don't think it's ever been this full of ice before, at least not in year or so.

The cake goes to the fridge

Makes sense.

...should I stop?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Makes sense.

...should I stop?

Curious on your new found habit [hobbit?] of correcting dear Randox

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Finally get my assignments done, load up reddit, and what's at the top? An Ask Me Anything, from the American President, Barack Obama. A few hours too late for anyone here to ask questions, but many people will get a good read out his responses, along with the one of us chanting.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Makes sense.

...should I stop?

Curious on your new found habit [hobbit?] of correcting dear Randox

Just a coincidence it was her twice (make posts that ate long enough and you'll [rooster] up eventually too), no one is safe.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

'The cake goes to...' is a figure of speech, at least here, meaning roughly 'the award goes to...' in this case, I'm using it as a play on words :P

The shower I use needs to be replaced. Starting to see some evidence that all together would indicate its not water tight (which I already knew because whoever spaced the tiles was high as a kite, and some are so close to each other there is no grout in them). More to the point, there is some evidence that at least parts of it are now quite rotten, and it probably explains all the mold I just cleaned off the ceiling.

I am also being told that we have a rat, though there is no evidence that we have one. More likely, its a mouse, though even a solitary one is not welcome after many months of being rodent free. Every house on our block is under siege from rodents pretty much all year.

And yes, my mini fridge has a 'freezer'. It's just an enclosed section where the fridge cooling vent is located, so that the little box ends up colder than everything else. The entire fridge is capable of being a freezer though once its defrosted.

I went and bought myself a new airsoft gun today. Bought it from Canadian Tire because it was on sale and paid less taxes in that I would of before taxes regularly. Thing I wasn't impressed with was that I called the store beforehand because the gun was in the flyer for the great price it was and I was told that it was discontinued and they had none. I went stubborn and went to Canadian Tire anyway and found three of them lined up sitting in plain sight on the shelf...

'The cake goes to...' is a figure of speech, at least here, meaning roughly 'the award goes to...' in this case, I'm using it as a play on words :P

The shower I use needs to be replaced. Starting to see some evidence that all together would indicate its not water tight (which I already knew because whoever spaced the tiles was high as a kite, and some are so close to each other there is no grout in them). More to the point, there is some evidence that at least parts of it are now quite rotten, and it probably explains all the mold I just cleaned off the ceiling.

I am also being told that we have a rat, though there is no evidence that we have one. More likely, its a mouse, though even a solitary one is not welcome after many months of being rodent free. Every house on our block is under siege from rodents pretty much all year.

And yes, my mini fridge has a 'freezer'. It's just an enclosed section where the fridge cooling vent is located, so that the little box ends up colder than everything else. The entire fridge is capable of being a freezer though once its defrosted.

I've been told that getting a cat will get rid of rodents in a house because they smell that there is a predator in the house. whether this is true or not, I don't know.

I went and bought myself a new airsoft gun today. Bought it from Canadian Tire because it was on sale and paid less taxes in that I would of before taxes regularly. Thing I wasn't impressed with was that I called the store beforehand because the gun was in the flyer for the great price it was and I was told that it was discontinued and they had none. I went stubborn and went to Canadian Tire anyway and found three of them lined up sitting in plain sight on the shelf...

Both Canadian Tires where I used to live and where I now live are like that too. I guess they just don't want to give anyone any service. It's extremely rare that I go there anyway since it takes ages to pass at the cashiers even when there isn't a lineup.

I've been told that getting a cat will get rid of rodents in a house because they smell that there is a predator in the house. whether this is true or not, I don't know.

Not from what I've seen, but my cat does kill around half a dozen mice each day and we never seem to get rid of them.. Sometimes the mice are even climbing into the dog food bags..

Tell me how you managed to stay rodent-free! I always thought every average house has a certain amount of mice.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

It's not easy keeping it that way for sure, not with a decades old brick foundation that is slowly loosing a battle with nature. If we were going to keep it, we would likely raise it up off its foundation and pour a nice new concrete one. Our pest control guys filled the breeches with some sort of foam which I guess the rodents object to chewing through, so on the whole, the foundations should be quite rodent repellent. It seems to be much more likely what we have is a mouse, and not a rat, and it is possible that one might have started nesting here and is eating elsewhere since there is very little food in the house for it right now. It is also possible that a door got left open and a solitary mouse found its way in.

In general, the key to not getting them in the first place is making sure there is nothing for them to eat, which means never leaving any food out where they can get to it. Don't even leave a garbage bag laying around or they'll go for that.

This whole problem is something I miss about living in the country though. Not that mice don't exist outside the city, but the concentrations are a lot lower. If you leave the basement door open your more likely to get a squirrel than a mouse (though admittedly, having squirrels probably makes mouse problems look like a puppy infestation by comparison as squirrels are quite destructive). Also bats.

But at the end of the day, I only really have to deal with it when doing laundry, and cooking. We almost never get rodents on the second floor where the main bathrooms are (unless someone leaves garbage lying around up there), and my floor has been rodent proof ever since I woke up with a mouse in the room, and promptly decided that I could either fix that problem, or never sleep again in my life (steel wool and duct tape to seal off the only entry point). I can't secure the whole house this way, but knowing there is one room I can always go to is really nice.

And as a point of interest, back when I was looking for a way to fortify my room, I found out that mice are afraid of black lights and stobe lights, as well as certain scents (I think lavender was one of them). I guess back before technology, the nobels used to burn certain incenses or scented candles in their bedrooms to keep the furry little buggers out. Playing really loud hawk sounds might also work, though you'll have to change it up a lot or else they get wise. Also, this might make sleeping difficult.

First physics assignment of the year. I spent two hours trying to figure out the first (and easiest problem) in the homework set. Still can't figure it out.

[bleep] me, seriously. So goddamn frustrated.

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Is that where your eyes are different colours, or am I getting mixed up?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

So we did have a rat apparently, just a non destructive one that didn't poop in obvious places. It got caught by the toothed trap too, which serves it right for existing (in this house). With any luck, that was the only one we had and it just came in through an open door.

Just received a strange email from UCAS. I could have a place in Uni for 2013. This would be ideal for me because then I could work one year instead of working and part time college like I thought I would have to do. Scary phonecall.

EDIT: Wankers. I rang them up at 3pm, was put on hold for the longest time, got an automated message that the system is down (now: 4:40pm), rang back at 4:45pm and got told the offices are closed (even though they are supposed to close at 5pm). I have to bit my fingernails until tomorrow.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Cats are hit or miss. Many cats couldn't be less interested in catching mice, and there is no way to know what yours will be like unless you actually have rodents. I've seen them used in places that do have rodent issues, and while they seem to be able to keep populations down a bit, they are wholly unable to actually get rid of the problem. Fewer mice there are, the harder they are to catch. Eventually you end up with a big house little mouse situation, unless you can trap it and throw the cat in with it.

Apparently hvaing a house to myself is a bit lonely, especially since I am not really doing anything right now. Life is in neutral for the next few days, and I don't know what to do with myself, except play a lot of Skyrim (getting back into it) and watch all the SG1.