Today...

Leoo

Or maybe it wasn't a concern and Tyler just told us what happened Today.

touche'

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm taking six AP classes this year, fml

Thanks to AP classes, I didn't have to take any more Math, English, or Science classes when I got to college. Absolutely worth doing well in them, IMO.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I'm taking six AP classes this year, fml

Thanks to AP classes, I didn't have to take any more Math, English, or Science classes when I got to college. Absolutely worth doing well in them, IMO.

Yeah, I regret not doing any...especially history, that would of been piss easy for me.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Why would she start acting like him, that's where I'm confused.

Because when two people start dating, they each take on traits of the other. Hell, when two people are friends, they take on each other's traits. Dating just makes it that much more.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Moving sooner then expected. Brett's (bf) getting a personal loan and we'll be getting our own house so its just us two. so looks like I'm moving to Brisbane in about 3-4 weeks now.

I also caught the flu, and I'm visiting him this weekend, So I'm hoping I can get over it ASAP. (His mom's cooking me a pork roast sun night because she likes spoiling me.) :D

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

In America, way back when everyone was a farmer, school was let out in the summer so that children could help their parents with the farm and stuff. We just kept it because who wouldn't want summers off?

Universities that use semesters usually start mid to late August, where as universities that use the quarter system generally start mid to late September. High schools start times are usually left up to the school district. I don't think they're as standardized as universities but my High School used to start the week after Labor Day.

I've never understood the reasoning behind the American schooling summer break. In Australia school starts early in the year (late January and finishes early December, I think uni starts in February.) The breaks are split up in to 4 parts, with the longest being between December and January. Definitely prefer it since it means that the schooling year is in line with the calendar year, and I get to relax a few times during the year.

They call it summer break for a reason. I can't imagine being stuck in a classroom in July in +35° weather.

Oh please, anyone can take that kind of weather in an air conditioned room. Sports teams and marching band have to actually be out there in the heat weeks before school starts.

You have properly air conditioned classrooms? We just have those crappy window air conditioners, and no one uses them because they're too loud for the teachers to talk over.

Speaking of which, less than 48 hours till school for me. Not looking forward to it at all, mostly because I'm going to have to go from going to bed at 7am to getting up at 7am.

As a little thought, if you are trying to spend less on education, one of the easiest ways to save money is put as much vacation into whatever part of the year would have you using the AC, so that you run it as little as possible. Your not in Nunavut or northern Russia, so if you have a school with an AC system, that AC is costing more than the heating is (also, you can't not heat the school because the plumbing will freeze). Or you could do what they apparently do in Salt Lake City, and just not have AC and send your students back to school in mid August, because why not.

The current weather here is not what I signed up for but it's not horrible. Highs around 80 or so for the past couple of weeks, this is the stereotypical cold place, we get ridiculous amounts of snow and have sculpture building contests. Not happy about this but it could be worse...

Only one class today in a couple of hours. Bored kind of a lot, but then pep band rehearsal and a lecture tonight...

I have never found it so hot that I needed AC...

You've clearly never been to school in 3rd world Sicily, you lucky, lucky person.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I have never found it so hot that I needed AC...

You've clearly never been to school in 3rd world Sicily, you lucky, lucky person.

No, I never have. But it somewhat regularly gets to 40c+ with humidity here...not exactly an arctic breeze.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

First day back at school for me too, it was [bleep]ing crazy. The whole old school is getting knocked down while a new one is being built, so basically no one knew where the hell any of their classes were. And there's one parking lot for the ~1800 kids. And it has only one entrance. Let's just say that traffic got so bad this morning that people were parked near the middle of 4-way-stop intersections going one way because the street was backed up so much.

First day back at school. It turns out that there's 7 pregnant girls at my school of 400 this year. Assuming there's 200 girls, that means that 3.5% of the females at my school are pregnant.

This is what happens when you live in a small town I suppose.

400 total students or 400 in your graduating class?

First day of school for myself as well. 12 hours of it. I need a nap and a shower. Beer would be nice.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I spent half an hour messing with my sig, then about 1 minute shamelessly promoting it.

I also, for the first time in college, did my homework in the five minutes it takes me to walk across campus between classes. It's ridiculously difficult to walk and write at the same time.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Second week of classes started today. Haven't been really busy with homework [yet]. I have a feeling my physics will start picking up the pace soon enough to where I'm back at the engineering lounge for the greater part of every evening.

My other classes are alright. Spanish 101 is off-the-wall disorganized. If I hadn't taken four years of Spanish already, I'd be completely lost... But I have taken four years. Yeah, you might say that I shouldn't be in that class (which is probably true), but I just needed to get those foreign language credits out of the way, and Spanish was the easiest option.

I'm taking a music class which is interesting during class, but the reading is boring and the professor is pretty unclear about what is going to be on quizzes and the exact definitions of vocab we're supposed to know.

All in all, the year isn't off to a bad start.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

One more day before classes start. And my schedule looked a lot more awesome before I cleared up all the schedule conflicts for my tutorials. Tuesday isn't quite as free as it used to be, and Wedensday just sucks. But Tuesday and Thursday are still pretty light, which is nice.

browsing IKEA online, looking for affordable but nice furniture. We need a TV Cabinet, bed, bed frame, drawers, x2 desks, x2 chairs, electronics, kitchen ware etc.

We'll prob spend approx $5000 on furniture and electronics and shit so we've got everything we need. Thankfully TV etc we've already got, its mostly furniture to put said stuff on/into.

Also im drinking Lipton Ice tea Virgin Daiquiri flavour. It's very refreshing for this sore throat and flu. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3