Today...

Leoo

I'm surprised there's no 'OMG Kate Middleton pics' thread yet, with intense debates about privacy and the press. Seems like the sort of thing that goes on here.

I don't even know what happened..

She and PW were suntanning naked in France, pics were taken and are about to be published.

I ended up googling them out of curiosity. Since the photographer used digital zoom, they're not the most flattering pictures.

tFtfA.jpg

Dear god, he was drunk and texting on his phone? How is it possible to have so little common sense?

I don't think he was actually. He's always been very skeptical about getting in the car even after having just one beer. I think he was just in one of his moods where he can not focus on one thing for more than 10 seconds.

I actually know people who drive better when they are completely [bleep]ed out of their minds drunk, than he does when he's sober.

I'm surprised there's no 'OMG Kate Middleton pics' thread yet, with intense debates about privacy and the press. Seems like the sort of thing that goes on here.

She and PW were suntanning naked in France, pics were taken and are about to be published.

I ended up googling them out of curiosity. Since the photographer used digital zoom, they're not the most flattering pictures.

I haven't, I don't really care. It's kind of sad that such a big deal about it is being made tbh. It's just a naked woman, you can find pictures of those anywhere...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I would have never known had no one mentioned it. Watching CNN right now, is the first time I've heard it mentioned by US media, besides an article by the Huffington Post when I googled it. had it been a Kardashian, it'd be a different story.

tFtfA.jpg

I haven't, I don't really care. It's kind of sad that such a big deal about it is being made tbh. It's just a naked woman, you can find pictures of those anywhere...

Yeah but this is KATE MIDDLETON! She was famous at some point.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Open thread: "Kate Middleton's boobs are online".

Check.

Close thread.

Boobs are everywhere, sucks that they got posted without her permission, but then, maybe she shouldn't be in public going topless. People take pictures of topless girls ALL the time. Not a big deal.

@Noxx

your friend is an idiot. He should pay you for your half of the car that he wrecked and then pay ALL the repairs since he's the one that wrecked it.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I was doing front counter at work today as usual, when it got crazy busy. This lady was ordering the most bizarre items (chili cheese fries without the chili but with ranch?) and there was a line of like 8 people. After it died down a little a guy came up to me and said he noticed how hard I was working and gave me a thank you note and a couple bucks. That definitely made my shift. :thumbup:

If it doesn't involve Internet privacy, we don't care, seeing that we're not conservative middle-aged women.

But why should we have privacy over the internet but not in real life?

You're looking at two different kinds of privacy though. On one hand, you've got Kate Middleton who was outside, and what appears to be preparing to sunbathe, and I'm going to guess that the photographer was on public land. Closer however were breaking the law in France if they did publish them there. On the other hand, you've got people who are having their every actions online monitored. I'm going to go on in detail the importance of photography in public.

Take for example where I live, we don't even have a bill of rights, so we have no expected privacy anywhere except if the person wants to take photos of us on our own property, this includes police officers, politicians, and high-ranking business officials; all provided you're not their employer trying to film them at work, their identity is not suppressed by a court order, or you're not trying to take voyeuristic photos of them when a reasonable expectation of privacy isn't assumed (eg bathroom or changing rooms.)

Laws like this allow us to take photographic evidence of someone breaking laws, to take photographs of a friend/family member without worrying about whether someone else could appear in the shot, even if they're not identifiable. They also keep legitimate photographers safe, by not allowing people to seize cameras or film, or forceful deletion of digital files. This is obviously helpful if you've photographed or filmed someone engaged in illegal activities, such as battery or graffiti.

Source: http://4020.net/words/photorights.php

EDIT: I didn't have the time to go into good detail of the subject, as I had to leave for uni. I probably won't delve any deeper into it for Today... anyway. If people want I'll make a full, in-depth post on my profile blog.

1 Week left till I move. D:

Getting all friends to go to a Pub/club called the Cambo on Sat night for a farewell piss-up.

...no idea how im getting home. hopefully someone will drive me.

I didn't get an invite, I see how it is. ;-;

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

1 Week left till I move. D:

Getting all friends to go to a Pub/club called the Cambo on Sat night for a farewell piss-up.

...no idea how im getting home. hopefully someone will drive me.

This is so backwards from this time last year. Oh man.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That WAS the invite. I also did it via FB which YOU deleted, feel free to come :P

Also postponed 2 weeks instead of 1 again as bf had to work this weekend so he cant fly down and whilst we wait for application to be accepted.

Still the same, he goes to parties almost each week.

Popoto.~<3

I've got a cut on my arm that goes from the elbow half-way up my forearm, and I don't know how I got it. Stings a bit too.

That WAS the invite. I also did it via FB which YOU deleted, feel free to come :P

Oh. Well I better save the money I earn Sat morning then.

Still the same, he goes to parties almost each week.

They usually suck. Mind you, after the weekend I just had, I would have a top contender for the ever caught them thread if it still existed. I would, however, get told off by another thread that is on Off Topic though.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Anyone fancy a creepy article about Taiwanese gamers dying at their screens? Of course you do.

Tomorrow is my last day at my workplace before I leave for university. It's the first job I've had and I've been doing it for over a year now. It's in care so I meet the same clients and staff more or less on a weekly basis. I'm no good at saying goodbyes, so I probably won't enjoy it. :sad:

2012. The school year that finally killed the Today... thread

To revive the thread, I'll start a discussion! Does anyone know how to integrate (sec3(x))? I asked my teacher today, and he couldn't explain how to do it in a way I could understand. Even though it's on the homework. Argh.

Tyler, what the heck is that random thing? This thread isn't dead, I've just lacked a post to stir things up...

I started football yesterday, second practice today, and loving it as much as I did before having to give it up.

To revive the thread, I'll start a discussion! Does anyone know how to integrate (sec3(x))? I asked my teacher today, and he couldn't explain how to do it in a way I could understand. Even though it's on the homework. Argh.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sec%5E3%28x%29+integral

Hope that makes sense.

Starting to have a bit of fun with programming. We are still in the super basics, but at least I can get a bit creative with the lab work now. I expect I will do quite well in this course, since I don't think I am going to have any trouble picking up the language itself, and algorithms are definitely a strong point for me. I love figuring out how to solve problems. As soon as I learn inputs, I want to write up a little program for use in my stats class for handling smaller data sets where using a stats program will actually fudge it (because the computer method and hand method aren't identical). Also going to need some logic statements. But I figure if I can write a program to solve the problem, then I probably know how to do it. Or I could do what I did for physics and create excel spredsheets to do the math (again, because if you can build a spreadsheet robust enough to solve a whole type of problem, chances are you know what your doing). I wonder if I still have that around actually. Was a lot of fun to write, and it probably saved time in the long run.

Economics is a bit dull, since I have two courses that are currently duplicating each other. That should sort itself out pretty soon, but it is making one of my classes a bit less interesting than it could be.

Ran into a friend I haven't seen in like a year by chance today. Always awesome when that happens.

Also, something that sometimes happens when I don't hear a song start...I'm not sure quite how to describe it. It's like my mind gets confused about where the beat/where the bars are in the song, and it comes across as in a totally different key signature for some reason. It's really weird, but the song just sounds different until my mind 'locks on' to the rhythm and then it sounds normal again.

http://www.wolframal...c^3(x) integral

Hope that makes sense.

Problem is, I need to know *how* to integrate it, not what the integral is. I have a calculator that can solve any integral it's possible to solve, but we have to show all of our work, and since the problem is literally "Do the integral of sec3(x)," I can't just use my calculator/wolfram alpha.

Wolfram Alpha was one of the first places I went when I realized I couldn't do the problem, but either it won't show the steps, or I don't know how to get it to.

Yeah don't bother with that reduction formula that he posted, it works but you'll never really truly remember it.

I was going to sit out and type out how to do the problem, but rather than deal with all the formatting I'll refer you to a handy Wikipedia Article on the topic. Basically, it's an integration by parts problem that ends with a cyclic integral; the article walks you through how to do it quite easily.

As for myself, just going through the motions at this point. My classes are all still fairly easy (Calc 3, Calc-based Physics (Mechanics), Intro to Engineering, and Intro to Logic (a Philosophy class), just adjusting to how much more work there is to keep up on.

Oh and I tried out for a production of hairspray today. I don't think it went too well honestly, but there's still a second part tomorrow so I'm going to keep trying anyways. Worse comes to worst I can just play drums in the pit or do lighting or something and still get to meet people. Kind of crazy how much commitment they're asking for. If I get in, rehearsals are 7-11 pm every sunday through friday until the show in mid-November. It shows in how good the Theatre productions are here though, lol.

13926163.png

Oh my god. I spent like an hour and half on that problem. All I needed to do to finish was notice that those two integrals were the same. Ugh, I hate everything.

so glad my major doesn't require actual math. Last math I took outside of Statistics [numerous versions of which, including Social, and Economical] was Pre-Calc/Trig like 5 years ago. When math stops being numbers, I stop enjoying it.

I've come to a recent deduction: most threads in OffTopic are started here on the today thread as a minor discsussion between one or two people, that then branch outward hoping to gain more insight and discussion value. Today...is like the mother of OffTopic.