Today...

Leoo

Haha I hate those trig integrals. But yeah, once you get the hang of the double-integration-by-parts-cancel-out-the-original-integral-thing, it's not so bad.

I've officially been offered a spot as a master's student (mechanical engineering) for next year, as long as I maintain my marks. I'll be researching thunderstorm downbursts and doing some density-driven simulations. Should be interesting, and I certainly don't feel ready to go out and start my career yet - so grad school is ideal.

Applying for some scholarships right now and it's a fair bit of work. I'm expected to write a proposal for the project in the next week for my scholarship applications, which is kind of weird since I've only just been introduced to the topic.

Some good news today. Our fridge seems to have killed its first mouse (we think the mouse tried to crawl into it from the bottom and shocked itself). The bad news is that between the time I found it dead, and the disposing of the body, another mouse revealed itself by attacking a loaf of bread. But now the pest control guys are coming back in the morning, and are going to pull some appliances out and take a look at the wall to see if there is anything that needs to be plugged up. Also going to trap the shit out of our kitchen since the sticky traps have yet to claim a victim. Be happy when this is all sorted out again.

Has anyone seen the new XKCD comic? I just saw it today and it's kind-of amazing.

I stopped at what I think is the end of the power lines...how big is this thing? sheesh.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I looked in the page source and it's something like 100,000 x 70,000 pixels.

Edit: width: 165888px; height: 79872px

Someone estimated that if the people are 6 feet tall it scales to about 10 km wide.

Spent quite a while looking around! Made it to both side edges and all the way through the caves. Found a map someone made where you can zoom in and out.

A bit disappointed that there aren't more things hidden in the blank areas, but there is some cool stuff.

I looked in the page source and it's something like 100,000 x 70,000 pixels.

Edit: width: 165888px; height: 79872px

Someone estimated that if the people are 6 feet tall it scales to about 10 km wide.

Spent quite a while looking around! Made it to both side edges and all the way through the caves. Found a map someone made where you can zoom in and out.

A bit disappointed that there aren't more things hidden in the blank areas, but there is some cool stuff.

Caves? My god, am I going to have to go back and spend *another* hour looking at that thing?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

IT'S OFFICIAL.

We got the house and I'm moving on Monday.

SO EXCITEEEEEEEEEED@@@@

EDIT: Moving Tuesday. but still, WOOOOOOOO.

Also Zach, that's such a copy-paste blog post :P

Congrats buddy! And who cares. I liked it, and I hate how scientifical it sounded originally. So I shrunk and dumbed it down. :P

Right. Leaving for work in a few minutes. It's going to be a long day at the office.

No post in over twelve hours? Is this real life?

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Was up late last night (woo), and now I get up very late today. Monday is once again going to suck in the morning. Oh well.

I haven't posted here in a while. I've been having a hell of a time, but I didn't really feel like typing out everything that happened to me here.

Some highlights: last weekend, I met a girl at a festival, and I think I now have a girlfriend. I'll only be able to see her again next weekend because she lives about an hour away by tram, and has a busy schedule, but she seemed eager to date and so am I.

This week, a class that has two of my best friends in it has Italian exchange students coming over. Because I'm so close with those friends, I get invited to their get-togethers. Those Italians may suck at drinking, but they're great fun to be around. Thursday, yesterday and today there'll be a party with that group of Italians.

All in all, life's really good for me right now.

Greetings from hospital!

It's now Sunday morning and I've been here since Friday evening. I had an inflammed appendix which has been removed, and I'm now waiting to be told if I get discharged today or . Walking is a bit painful, but luckily I had my phone and tablet brought to me yesterday. I also get a free newspaper every morning, which also gives me something to do. I've received a number of phone calls and had a limited number of visitors, so I'm glad to know people care about me.

I'm just really bummed out that I couldn't see Tim last night, and that I probably won't get to for a while now. I'll probably give him a call before he leaves at the very least.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Appendicitis sucks. I hope you get out soon. Did you have a bag attached to your abdomen after the surgery? If you didn't, it shouldn't take too long to get discharged. If you did, then it won't take long either, jjust a bit longer.

Just so you guys know, I'm drunk right now. At the start of the evening we went into a jazz bar, thinking there was a live show. There wasn't, and we were all alone in the bar. We chatted with the bartender a bit, jokingly asking him if we couldn't play some music. Before we knew it, my friend and I were on stage, him on drums and I had a semi-acoustic guitar in my hand, missing the high e string. We played a few songs, and as we played, some people (like maybe 4 people) came in. We did get an applause and they seemed positive. That made my day. Also, that friend and I are now planning on starting a band, because we actually sounded pretty good (I think) and also because we're just great friends and it's fun to play together.

I'm feeling good guys. Let's hope it stays like this for a while.

Nah, there was no bag, and I've been told by a number of nurses that I should be getting discharged today, I just have to wait on a doctor. The most annoying thing right now is that an assistance alarm for one of the showers has been going for 10-15 minutes now. I've had 3 nurses come in to the room I'm in since it started going off and I'm surprised nobody has checked on them or turned the alarm off.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well, start with the bad news first... My Great-Grandfather had a massive stroke today... He is now in ICU and will be there for the next 4 days or so... Had a call a half hour ago saying that he wasn't doing well also.

Good news is I had my first football game today against Bedford and my team played our hardest, unfortunatly we lost 38-0.... Only good thing is that my team was playing its hardest and doing its best.

@Bows: we had a ~40 hour gap in posting here last week, as I commented.

@Furah: hope you get better soon!

@Distracted: how on earth do you think you have a girlfriend?

Last night one of the weddings I was working got canceled (groom got caught cheating) so I had one less shift, but then my third shift wedding the groom straight up never showed up, so they ended their reception early, so I only ended up working like 8 hours yesterday compared to the usual 12-15. I decided to call my friend up, as she was back in town for a night so we grabbed a few drinks and met up with another one of my friends. Chilled hardcore, put down a six pack, then decided to go over my coworker's house and party with another chunk of our former group. I ended up having another beer, and sleeping on his couch. Fun stuff. It was nice getting out again.

Today I anticipate going to the verizon store and getting myself a Galaxy SIII as I have not received a new phone since 2007, I think it's time to upgrade. Super stoked about playing N64 emulators on it

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn