Today...

Leoo

I love how if you miss a class, your next assignment in that subject will be all about that class you missed (paradoxically, this will hold true for everyone in the subject at the same time, no matter which class people missed).

We had a different calc teacher yesterday, and wow am I glad I picked the prof I normally have. She wasn't a bad teacher, but not as good as our normal person. Given that my math skills are currently a patchwork of various subjects (as in, I have holes in my knowledge where I forgot stuff after not using it for too long), I'd like to keep the professor who is a really good teacher for as long as I can. And math is a bad subject to have holes in. I really need to brush up on my trig and log functions since I never had the best handle on them to begin with.

I also have another calc tutorial today, which comes with a little quiz question. The fact that this makes me nervous is a nice wake up call that I should really do some more practice, since it means I am not confident that I am going to know what I am doing, and I'd just as soon not rely on my improvisational math skills today.

Sumpta! You posted on the relationship sticky all those years ago, right?

Oh... your signature... the glass thread... haha.

I did! I used to team up with Goddess to explain the mysterious ways of women. And in general felt the need to spout my opinion on pretty much anything on OT. I remember you too, I think I often agreed with you on social issues and the like.

The glass thread... I recall my irritation, a sentiment to which my sig is still a testament :wink:. I saw a thread the other day about how epic it was though... ahh, the passage of time.

Sumpta, I remember that name!

Hi! I remember yours too!

Today, I had to do another presentation. And to make matters worse, in French this time. Ugh.

I'll skip over my nostalgia boner over Sumpta talking about Goddess...

Today I failed my first College Exam pretty miserably, which is pretty brutal but whatever.

I'm also fairly convinced the mods are following my posts closer than usual. Or maybe I've just gotten lazier at watching my "tone and language" while posting. I've had like 3 warnings and 2 edits in the past 45ish days. By my estimates, don't quote me on that. PARANOIA LURKING OVER MY BACK

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Had my first physics midterm today. I thought it was pretty easy save 2 or 3 problems and ended up finishing about 30 minutes early.

I have no clue if this is a good or a bad thing.

I'm going home this weekend though, which I'm excited for because I already have plans pretty much from the time i get home until midnight sunday night when I'm back here. It'll certainly be a nice break from exam season, haha.

Got my first Math exam back, and got a 117% on it. College <3.

...Although I still have no idea how I did that well, judging that I left the exam feeling like I'd failed miserably. I'll just chalk it up as a Christmas miracle come early I guess.

And then I accidentally punched a guy in the face, because ~10 years in the martial arts have given me incredible control over my body and I'm totally not still a klutz.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

So... for anyone who doesn't know, I'm a manager at my local movie theatre. On top of my regular day-to-day duties, I'm in charge of our Theatre Technology department - basically, the upkeep of anything electronic at the theatre: cash registers, ticket kiosks, printers, scanners, office computers and printers, digital menu signage, ADA equipment (for hearing impaired guests), etc. etc. The biggest responsibility is that I'm also in charge of all of our digital projection equipment - so, making sure the new movies are ready, maintenance and upkeep of our servers, and maintenance of the projectors themselves.

Today I had to change out the bulb on one of hour projectors, as it was exceeding its run time (they can only run for so many hours before they start to blacken, go dim, etc., and compromise the quality of the movies.) The bulb is installed in what's called a "lamp house," and then the entire lamp house is installed in the projector. The lamp house is essentially a large metal box that contains the bulb, and what is called a reflector. The reflector is a giant, cone-like mirror that goes around the bulb, in order to focus the light through the lens.

Well... I had removed the lamp house from the projector and carried it over to a work table. I was in the middle of loosing the nuts and screws when the bulb EXPLODED! Yay! \D:/

I was having a hard time loosing one of the bolts, so I was bent low and my face was maybe 6 inches away from the lamp house. I'm not sure if the bulb hit something, or what exactly, but I just heard this large BOOM! and suddenly glass was flying everywhere. If you've never seen a digital projector bulb blow up (I'm sure you could YouTube it), it's quite something. They are literally like miniature bombs. They come wrapped in protective plastic, then that is placed in a thick plastic case, that goes in a cardboard box, and then that is wrapped in about 5 inches of foam. The outside of the boxes are labeled with all sorts of Warning labels. (Just to give an idea of how powerful they are, we were disposing an old one one night and tossed the box onto the ground a few feet away from us. It exploded through the plastic wrap, through the thick plastic casing, and the glass drilled through the cardboard box and exploded out of that.)

At any rate, I was scared shitless, and I couldn't really hear anything for a good 30 seconds. Thankfully I only got a minor cut on the backside of my wrist from where my skin was exposed. (We have to wear a thick welder's-type mask, gloves and a leather "bomb suit.") The best part is, when the bulb exploded, the force of it also exploded the reflector within the lamp house. Of course...... a reflector costs about $8,000 - $10,000 USD, so that's a lovely bit of equipment to have destroyed. Thankfully if the bulb was still under warranty, the bulb manufacturer will pay to replace the bulb, as well as replacing the reflector (yay free $10,000 dollar items!)

[hide=Shiny Photos]DSC00935.jpg

DSC00936.jpg[/hide]

In my 6 years of working at the theatre (all 6 of which I have worked with projection equipment) I have never had a bulb explode that close to me before, let alone within the lamp house still. And I'd prefer to not experience it ever again! A very hairy scary day.

We lost a couple of managers (one quit, one got fired) so we're all having to work extra days... I'm going on 10 days in a row without a day off, and I'm exhausted all the time, I'm tired of customers whining about stupid shit all the time ("I SAID EXTRA BUTTER ON MY POPCORN!!!!") and I just want to sleep in until 1:00 P.M. one day! Is that too much to ask?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I have a 7" cut along my hand and forearm from the dog last night, she bit me. She's not even 1 yet.

Goddamn, now I have one too. I also wonder where Lent went off to.

Now it's going to spawn into 6 pages of the older posters talking about them, and all the newbies scratching their heads and not posting.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

22 myself in another 17 days. God im old ;__;

Centerlink denied my assist request in only 3 days. bloody hell they're hell-bent on not helping young people. Still going in to talk to them because by law AND their rules etc, I AM obliged for assistance, but they'll do everything they can to dodge it. Not having income while job hunting is quite stressful :\ Hopefully something will pick up soon. When I hit 22 they HAVE to give me assist irregardless of living/costs etc, but that's still 2.5 weeks away and I cant wait around for that long JUST for assist.

+ I can't apply as a student as TAFE/Uni don't start until Feb which is too long of a wait for them to assist.

Popoto.~<3

I have a 7" cut along my hand and forearm from the dog last night, she bit me. She's not even 1 yet.

Now it's going to spawn into 6 pages of the older posters talking about them, and all the newbies scratching their heads and not posting.

so where's HP2M? His .gif misses him

2mryw.gif

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Now you guys are making me feel old. I'm only supposed to feel old when I get up in the morning or try to stay up all night.

I've been 22 for a few months.

Also Riku seems to have me beat on the join date by a couple month.

Randox, now you're making me feel old lol... Why would you feel old when you wake up or try to stay up all night? I don't have any issues doing both of these and I'm 25.

Also, my youngest brother's car's engine blew up yesterday night on the highway, about 20 minutes from his destination... Lost some parts on the highway too.. It was a Toyota Corolla 2003 which surprises me, usually Toyotas laste quite a long time it was just over 300 000 km. Even my 11 year old Echo doesn't have much issues at all, I only put $500 on my car this year to pass the yearly inspection and will only have to replace parts for the next yearly inspection.

Now you guys are making me feel old. I'm only supposed to feel old when I get up in the morning or try to stay up all night.

I feel old when I drink. I'm either wishing all these youngsters would learn to handle a single drink, or I'm wearing suspenders talking like I'm from the 20s, surrounded by other people doing the same.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

so where's HP2M? His .gif misses him

2mryw.gif

Halo left when LOTPW got locked just like several other members.

It's weird to think that Riku is the only person on this page that joined before me. Interestingly, his join date is my birthday (and RPG's). Actually, a couple of you are slightly older, I just forgot when I joined.

When did I become an old member?

I feel old when I drink. I'm either wishing all these youngsters would learn to handle a single drink, or I'm wearing suspenders talking like I'm from the 20s, surrounded by other people doing the same.

Young drinkers are always funny. They're always so ambitious to have a great time that they go way beyond their limits.

tFtfA.jpg

It's weird to think that Riku is the only person on this page that joined before me. Interestingly, his join date is my birthday (and RPG's). Actually, a couple of you are slightly older, I just forgot when I joined.

I joined before you too, on this page. :P

I joined before you too, on this page. :P

Ya, I noticed like right after I posted. The problem was that I was thinking I joined in April (when I made my rs account), not November.

It feels weird that I'm one of the older members. I joined this forum when I was 11...

I joined when I was 11 or 12 I think.

Speaking of which I turned 17 today.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.