Today...

Leoo

Universities that use semesters usually start mid to late August, where as universities that use the quarter system generally start mid to late September. High schools start times are usually left up to the school district. I don't think they're as standardized as universities but my High School used to start the week after Labor Day.

I've never understood the reasoning behind the American schooling summer break. In Australia school starts early in the year (late January and finishes early December, I think uni starts in February.) The breaks are split up in to 4 parts, with the longest being between December and January. Definitely prefer it since it means that the schooling year is in line with the calendar year, and I get to relax a few times during the year.

What happened to the 4th dimension topic? :(

Its velocity in the 4th dimension changed, so we are no longer able to observe it.

I see what you did there...

Damn right you did. Now to hope I remember everything for my physics exam tomorrow.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Universities that use semesters usually start mid to late August, where as universities that use the quarter system generally start mid to late September. High schools start times are usually left up to the school district. I don't think they're as standardized as universities but my High School used to start the week after Labor Day.

I've never understood the reasoning behind the American schooling summer break. In Australia school starts early in the year (late January and finishes early December, I think uni starts in February.) The breaks are split up in to 4 parts, with the longest being between December and January. Definitely prefer it since it means that the schooling year is in line with the calendar year, and I get to relax a few times during the year.

They call it summer break for a reason. I can't imagine being stuck in a classroom in July in +35° weather.

Summer is December-February here. Plus I can assure you it's not that bad. If it gets too much over 40°C it can get uncomfortable.

Classes start tomorrow for me also at my college. We're on semesters and we're out by the end of April. All these things just depend on the college, and I must say I'm going to be digging that 4 month Summer Break.

As for myself, I've been going through Welcome Week all week here and it's been pretty great. I've already met some awesome new friends and there's always a ton to do around here, I'm quite loving it. Just have a minor adjustment to try to get made to my schedule today, then I'll see where the rest of the day takes me.

Update on things :D

School is going great. Even though I am pulling 17 hours I am managing is quiet well. I am thinking about joining the Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity. The chapter at uni really wants me to join and I have been wanting to join as well. Only thing has prevented me is time...still weighing the options but at the moment I am going to. Work is going meh. While I am enjoying it, it has lost its luster and I am getting fed up with the lack of communication at our Walmart. Health is...still gray at the moment. I am going to have a second opinion on my heart condition and hopefully I won't have to have surgery.

Here is to success!

• Like 1

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

In America, way back when everyone was a farmer, school was let out in the summer so that children could help their parents with the farm and stuff. We just kept it because who wouldn't want summers off?

They call it summer break for a reason. I can't imagine being stuck in a classroom in July in +35° weather.

Oh please, anyone can take that kind of weather in an air conditioned room. Sports teams and marching band have to actually be out there in the heat weeks before school starts.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

5th college semester T-minus 21 hours.

Grossssss

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

*SNIP*

Oh please, anyone can take that kind of weather in an air conditioned room. Sports teams and marching band have to actually be out there in the heat weeks before school starts.

What in the world is air conditioning? I'm going to a school that was built in the late 50's and I'm pretty sure its biggest update was when they added computers...

Also, on the topic of school I don't start until Thursday (3 days for those across the date line) and won't actually be doing work until next Monday at the easiest.

College classes officially start tomorrow and I don't know if I actually have a chem lab tomorrow... We haven't had a lecture yet, and one of the TAs told some of us (who signed up for a 'chem success' workshop) that the first week we wouldn't - I got an email saying that I don't have physics lab this week, but haven't gotten a reply from my chem lab teacher. Also idk about my recitation for chem either, that's pretty much all I have on tuesdays though. Thursdays are nice, no classes at all.

Started watching Fairy Tail recently and I really like it.

It starts off nicely but I felt it goes a bit downhill after a while. It still stays funny, aye!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Friend of mine is Facebook official with another friend now. It's really frustrating, because now she's going to start acting like him. He's kind of annoying.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Currently having an aircon war with my sister. We have ducted and so even when you don't turn it on for a particular room it still feeds a small amount of air into the room. My room has the sun facing towards it so it's very hot in here. I have the window open, and even though there's a breeze it's still fairly warm. She keeps turning the heat on for her room so it's getting very hot in here. All she has to do is put on more clothes, there's only so much clothing that I can remove.

The sunlight is also blindingly bright in my room, even if I close the blinds fully.

My dreams have come true. Google PokeMMO. All of you. Do it. It doesn't disappoint.

Friend of mine is Facebook official with another friend now.

???

She's dating a guy, and they just set their relationship on Facebook.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Would you rather they be in a relationship and not inform facebook? or viceversa? I don't understand the concern.