Today...

Leoo

Had to reinstall Windows. Good thing I have this secondary HD with all the good stuff in it.

Kinda bummed out I lost my latest Sim City 4 city, oh well. Now off to read some schoolbooks until everything is downloading and installing.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Had to reinstall Windows. Good thing I have this secondary HD with all the good stuff in it.

Kinda bummed out I lost my latest Sim City 4 city, oh well. Now off to read some schoolbooks until everything is downloading and installing.

Use any mods on SC4? I've heard it's way better with them but I've never tried.

It totally is.

Vanilla SC4 is just unplayable.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

PS4 isn't backward compatible? God damn it Sony.

Really? They're really doing that? I thought we outgrew backwards compatibility issues when consoles graduated from cartridges to discs. What possible bs reason can there possibly be for this? Why do we put up with this from console gaming anyway? We wouldn't have put up with it movie players, so why do game systems get away with it? Gah! I need to have a smoke and calm down...

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That's why I'm keeping my PS3. Because for some reason the Blu-Ray drives use different codecs and can't read older DVD/Blu CDs.

YET my PC can easily play my PS2 games on an emulator with a simple $20 DVD Drive. Classic Sony.

Popoto.~<3

Yesterday I seriously considered quitting drinking. I'm still thinking about it, but I've come to realize that I'm actually developing real alcoholism and it's getting worse. I'm going to be paying closer attention to myself when alcohol is around from now on.

Well, buy me a drink and we'll think about it together.

Cheers!

Just got back from getting my hair did. I hated it at first, but then I put a flat iron to it, and now it's bearable. Likely shaving it down to a mohawk in the next week or so either way.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

[bleep]ing piece of shit Windows 8.

Got stuck in the retarded Automatic Repair loop. I thought I disabled that shit...

Never had this kind of issues with Win 8, actually on my laptop it outperforms win 7 by a lot. Did it come preinstalled or you installed it from the installation media like I did (dvd or usb stick (usb stick in my case)).

It totally is.

Which are the most important ones?

Really? They're really doing that? I thought we outgrew backwards compatibility issues when consoles graduated from cartridges to discs. What possible bs reason can there possibly be for this? Why do we put up with this from console gaming anyway? We wouldn't have put up with it movie players, so why do game systems get away with it? Gah! I need to have a smoke and calm down...

Because Sony aren't out to make your life better (nor should they have to). Also, intellectual property rights are complicated business.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Technically speaking, the PS3 and PS4 are totally different computing architectures. One is based on the Cell architecture which is similar to PowerPC, while the other is based on the x86-64 architecture. They're entirely incompatible, like in ye olde days when you couldn't run Mac OS on a PC.

ozXHe7P.png

I had an even worse problem. It was unable to read Windows as a bootable drive.

Because the architecture they run on is very different. The only real way to get around this would be to port the games, which developers don't seem to do enough.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Went to a game club thing that I found out about ~3 weeks ago. My first time going and they're already discussing end of the year stuff. Heh.

But yeah, realized tonight that I'm really [bleep]ing aggressive when playing games. Which is okay when it's with people that I already know, who know I'm not always, or even normally, like that, but with people I don't know...

I can't imagine it's an endearing character trait. :/

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

It totally is.

Which are the most important ones?

It's totally up to personal choice, there aren't really any "overhaul" mods like in other games.

[spoiler=Long post about SC4] However, I'd like to say the Network Addon Mod (NAM) is one of the most important. It adds a bunch of new road opitions, increases road capacity, adds streets, and a new highway system. All of these are configurable during the install too.

Secondly important is the Industrial Revolution Mod, which transforms the way industry gets laid out. Basically, industry is divided into densities rather than Dirty/Manufacturing/Hi-tech. Also the lots are changed to appear more realistic. It does loads of other sutle changes to industry, none which require you to change vanilla-style of play.

The rest is up to you. I'd say browse Simtropolis Exchange and find something you'd like. There's nearly everything from maps to cheat mods, new veichles to old-style buildings.

To help you get started though, here are some of the ones off the top of my head:

Most mods require some sort of dependency file though, so read the webpage and readme carefully. Most files aren't very big (15KB-1MB) neither, so DL'ing extra dependecies shouldn't be a hassle.

Tis just the beginning too. I have over 100 mods, doing either small cosmetic things or changing how the game works. It's up to what you want to see in your city.

siggy3s.jpg

We're all very calm for a world on the brink of nuclear war. Just an observation. I was least expecting scenes of mass hysteria outside petrol stations as we clammer to secure what precious few tins of baked beans remain to see us through the impending armageddon.

Worst anticlimax since <sex-related joke at someone's expense here>

I have approximately 12 beers and a shot of vodka in my possession. I hereby claim I will no longer purchase alcohol for self consumption. I'm doing this for my own health benefits, and because my girl hates it when I drink.

Whatever. She makes me happy. I drink to be happy. I don't need it if I have her.

also I've been drinking.

Today is the first of a 4 day long public holiday.

And I am at work because there are things that needs to be done for my way up superior by next week. Sounds like a lot of time, except that it's on top of your normal duties. (When you get assigned extra things in my company, they expect you to find time for it between your normal work, not OVER your work.)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

ooo technically today I get to see my girl :D

Hope shes not too mad at me or nothin. shit i should call my boy whos good at people/.//

and [bleep] me this super model gir i got in trouble for talking to at the club the other night commented my status in which i quoted Valencia about my quitting drinking which was directed at my girl for my commitment, but in my own way, so now shes only gonnna get more mad and I'm just stuck in this semi-drunk state siwshing i could drink more but feeling like I cant cause Itll only piiss my gidl off. [bleep] me.

Send me your alcohol, I need more. So today I renwed my rego and decided to see how much I could trade in my old games + DS for. $360. So Now I have a new 500GB PS3, BioShock Infinite, Dark Souls, and Mass Effect 3, and it only cost me $140.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Wouldn't chain mail just make the bullet more lethal? Chain mail has no way to actually stop a bullet and would instead only serve to increase tearing damage (such as by sticking a chain link on the nose of the bullet, or causing it to deform a little extra), reduce penetration so that it doesn't come back out (requiring surgery), and potentially fragment the bullet entirely increasing the chance that the bullet will actually hit something important. You might as well just paint yourself with Tannerite.

Good news: Turns out its a faulty battery.

Bad news: I lost the receipt from 5 months ago in my old car's documents....so its in my old car...and my old car's receipt is in my current car.

Good news: it's $130, almost $200 less then buying a new damn starter motor. So I'll get that done, AND buy a new mouse I so desperately need. (because I'm using an old $5 one now)

And still have left over.

EDIT: and all in time for a party tomorrow.

Popoto.~<3

talked to my girl. has no interest in a full blown relationship with me apparently. quite diheartened. also drunk. i love my friends. i think i'm gonna quit drinking for a bit to prove a point. but I'll have a real answer by next week. Shit's crazy right now, things are changing by the second. can't keep up with it

Last weekend i got extremely bored and decided to finally buy Skyrim. Game always seemed pretty interesting so i decided to take a chance. Dumbest thing i ever did. It is now Thursday and i have not left my room since Saturday evening. I woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday. I somehow managed to lose 2 days? Curse you Skyrim.

Really fun game, although i feel like i'm doing things terrible wrong. I watched a few T&T videos on YT a yesterday to help me out with some money making and saw that so many people already have Deadric stoof at like level 30, and i am level 32 still rocking the Glass stuff. Haha, but it's a really fun game :D

• Like 2