Today...

Leoo

It is snowing outside. In April.

What the [bleep] is this?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

80 mile clubrun with the brisk group today (cycling, for those that can't tell). There was a massive pileup on a country lane because the idiot leading was too busy talking about bikes to focus on riding his.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It snowed inside once when the massive snowdrift outside overcame one of the doors.

And it snowed here yesterday. Last year it was shorts and tee-shirt weather around this time, which was a bit warmer than normal. Still, this is a bit unusual for us, it should not be quite this cold.

Just had a crazy few days, hence the lack of posting:

On Thursday I remembered I had a 10 page term paper due the next day at 5pm, which I had not yet started researching for whatsoever. So for the rest of Thursday and until 4pm on Friday I desperately researched and wrote. Then the printer I was using at my University decided to give me crap by printing only 5/10 pages of my paper, only putting text on half of one of them, splattering them with ink, and even ripping them a little. I still managed to get the paper in at the last second, though.

That evening I went to a Bob Dillan concert which was alright, but I was way too tired for it so I really didn't enjoy it. Also this lead to me not getting to sleep until about 2am, while I had to wake up at 7am for a sparring tournament the next day.

At the tournament I got roped into helping judge the pre-blackbelt divisions, so I was busy with that for about four hours. Then it was finally my division for sparring.

I managed to get fourth place! Out of four. Of course it didn't help that I was not only the youngest and lowest rank in my division (not to mention the only one with no experience in black belt tournaments), but that both of my opponents had at least sixty pounds on me. The first guy just used his weight to charge me down, and the second was a head taller than me and could drop axe kicks onto my head from approximately sixty feet in the air. Miraculously however I ended up not getting injured and I learned a lot about what I need to improve for future tournaments*.

After that I got home, passed out on the couch for an hour, then went to the book club I founded with a few friends (read: Excuse to hang out while still talking about smart things for some of the time) and hung out there for a while.

Today I've decided to balance this all out by doing absolutely nothing.

*Aka I need to be faster because when someone who is the same height as you but sixty pounds heavier can match your speed something is definitely wrong, and I need to practice some ways of fighting back against people who have crazy reach advantages over me. Suck less, win more.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

was hoping to write up a more joyful blog this fortnight but tonight I basically got sucker-punched square in the feels, seeing my ex going out on romantic dinners. My birthday, Christmas, New Years and my first Valentines with someone, he never once did this with me, and I genuinely feel like I got used for 6 months, leaving everything behind for nothing. only to return home ALSO to nothing since no one lives near me anymore...

In other news, finished my OHS report shit, just need to do a video interview and I can finally get cracking into the Games development of the course.

I know that feel. My ex gave me crap for being too serious ALL the time. Now she's 'engaged' and I'm sitting here with my dick in my hand. Kinda makes you want to go nuts, doesn't it?

today I'm being philosophical about my life, writing some papers for my religion class, and just trying to chill out. I've been far too high strung lately.

[hide=crap you're all tired of hearing]

riot girl and i had a nice sexual conversation, followed by 4 hours later - her blowing up on me for not driving an hour to see her when she knew I was asleep. She then called me again while I was actually asleep, I ignored it, and then I woke up to a very...colorful text message. She drives me up a damn wall. I'm so done taking her seriously.[/hide]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

80 mile clubrun with the brisk group today (cycling, for those that can't tell).

And here I was thinking we had Superman in our little OT group...

Since you cycle that much I am assuming (while remembering the rule regarding the word) that you know at least a small amount about bicycles. I'm wondering what I should look for if I was wanting a bike for some basic cycling on roads/well kept gravel trails.

I managed to get fourth place! Out of four. Of course it didn't help that I was not only the youngest and lowest rank in my division (not to mention the only one with no experience in black belt tournaments), but that both of my opponents had at least sixty pounds on me. The first guy just used his weight to charge me down, and the second was a head taller than me and could drop axe kicks onto my head from approximately sixty feet in the air. Miraculously however I ended up not getting injured and I learned a lot about what I need to improve for future tournaments*.

*Aka I need to be faster because when someone who is the same height as you but sixty pounds heavier can match your speed something is definitely wrong, and I need to practice some ways of fighting back against people who have crazy reach advantages over me. Suck less, win more.

Two good ways: Don't ever stand directly in front of them, or get in close enough that they can't use their reach against you. Which you use depends on the fighter. If they hold their ground and shove you back, move to their side because they'll turn more slowly to reach you. If it's someone who always backs away from you and keeps their distance that way, then you want to get in close, because often times they don't know what to do at that point and they'll just try to back away.

I was one of the oldest in my dojo by the time I left, so I had better reach than pretty much everyone but the masters. My master would always tell the other kids to get in close to me so I couldn't use my front leg, and when they could manage to move in faster than I moved away, I couldn't ever do anything. But when they moved around me, which was the other advice he gave, I just stood still and turned to face them, which was no problem.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Bonez, buy a cheap mountain bike. Nearly anything is good enough for basic bicycling. And a mountain bike is the most universal one. With a town bike it is a bit shaky on a gravel road, so a mountain bike would be a bit better.

And today, finally finished my research paper on video games with over 3000 words written today after rewriting over half of the original text. Research paper based on the survey I posted a few days ago, mind you.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

But the price generally tends to be higher.

Today, I woke up to 5 cm's of new snow. And it snowed in the morning aswell. Which is kinda [bleep]ing crazy, since last year we wore shorts and t-shirts at the time.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

So YAY, the guy who did a tutorial for calc last term also does do one for the course I am in now. The only downside is that it's tonight, which means I am going to be tired a bit going into this on account of a lack of sleep. Oh well. It's a neat thing he does. The course teaches you what you are doing, but he teaches you how to write the exam. Looking forward to this, even if my brain is going to become mush after running through 3 months work in 4 hours.

Sometimes I wish I had one of those matrix implants at the base of my skull where I could plug myself into the electric grid and literally recharge.

Ugh. Negative degrees outside right now.

The forest next to my house is now as patchy as a Swiss Cheese, meaning huge clearings have been made in the last few weeks. Not right next to the road or my house, but still.

And I don't like that I take up way too many activities and responsibilities. If there is ANYTHING regarding quizzing going on, I am the first person people come up to. Anything regarding basketball in my school - first one again. Any questions about history, computers or social studies, I am the one to call... Kinda exhausting.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I get to enjoy this while it lasts. Day started at 3C and raining, and is steadily going for 'don't need a coat' as the afternoon goes on. Fantastic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305178/Billions-cicadas-swarm-East-Coast-spring-dwelling-underground-past-17-years.html

I have a fairly large fear of insects and I'm terrified of this ugh someone take me to a new state.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

But the price generally tends to be higher.

Today, I woke up to 5 cm's of new snow. And it snowed in the morning aswell. Which is kinda [bleep]ing crazy, since last year we wore shorts and t-shirts at the time.

Yeah we had some new snow here too, although it has melted. Takes a lot of time for the old snow to melt too. It's normal to still have snow at this time of the year here, but I'm tired of it too lol. And last year was pretty exceptionnal for us as we could be in shorts and a t-shirt too at this time of the year.

Unfortunately, it's legitimate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magicicada

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/billions-of-cicadas-east-coast_n_3038412.html

Either this will break my fear of insects or break me, not sure which yet.

[/hide]