Today...

Leoo

I submitted a patch for a game programming library I use today! It both fixes an issue and adds a feature as well.

Isn't that awesome?

Shoulda said it was DLC and charged $4.99 for it. ;)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Just got offered a job as a housing tour guide here at my university!  :D I'm really pleasantly surprised, I thought the interview went pretty badly because I was nervous and unprepared for its level of formality, but I guess I did something right. 

• Like 1

[hide=Drama, drama, drama]Me and my GF's dad got in a bit of a heated situation yesterday (again).

I went to her house at around 2PM. I helped her prepare dinner for later that night (lasagna). We left the dirty dishes in the sink (only 4 things), because we had to leave to go pick something up (in quite a rush). We got back around 3:30PM and her dad was busy in the kitchen washing the dishes and cleaning. 

We went to her room and starting watching a movie. About 15 minutes later her mom gets home from work and the first thing her dad says, as he opens the front door for her, "Tell your daughter to wash her own dishes. I don't want to come home and slog over dirty dishes". No "Hello", "Hi", "How was work". Nothing. She's barely set foot in her house and she's already being yelled at.

Last week she had to spend a day in Hospital because she had high blood pressure and they didn't want to release her.

We kind of just sat in her room and tried to ignore the yelling that them proceeded. After about 5 minutes of yelling my GF couldn't take it anymore so she went into the living room to tell them to shut the [bleep] up. Her dad... my god... It was like listening to a 13 year old boy arguing. I don't even know how to describe it, but he would keep going on and on and on forever even after she (his wife) stopped listening to her.

So anyway, my GF goes to the living room and tells him to stop yelling at her like she's a dog. He tells her to "Shut your [bleep]ing mouth. I don't want to clean your shit after being out the whole day."

Okay... this is about where i snapped.

I went to the living room, told him to calm down. It was 4 dishes, and the reason we left it was because we had to leave in a hurry. We planned on cleaning it when we got back home, like we always do. He told me to "Shut your [bleep]ing mouth and go back to her room, this has nothing to do with you".

I could feel my blood getting slightly warmer. I told him again to calm down, it's not a big deal.

He told me that after a long day out the last thing he wants to do is clean the dishes and clean the house.

"A long day out? What the [bleep] are you doing out of the house anyway? You don't have a job, and you can't be bothered looking for a job. It's to easy for you to beg family for money, and if that fails you beg your daughter for money. You can't support your kids, you can't support your wife, and you can't even support yourself. You're killing your wife with your constant fighting. Your house is a [bleep]ing mess. I feel dirty just looking at your kitchen. Your oven, stone and microwave oven looks like someone took a shit on it, 5 years ago, and didn't bother cleaning it. Your kitchen walls are layered with grease and dirt, and there's always dirty dishes standing around. I make a point of it to always wear at least socks when i'm here, because if your kitchen is this dirty i don't want to know what's hiding in the rest of the house.

I tried my best to help you get a job (i actually got an issue he had sorted out, and got him an interview that he never showed up for) and you spat in my face by never even showing up for the interview. You do nothing all day except spend money you don't have and have no right to spend in the first place".

I wanted to continue but at this point i think i got to him, as he grabber me by the neck. I look him right in the eyes and taunted him. I told him to hit me, and he would be on the next flight back to Pakistan, as i would make sure he get's deported (which would actually be extremely easy in this situation). He let go of me, and knowing that i had just "won the battle" i told him to either shut his mouth and behave like an adult, and treat his family that's been supporting his worthless ass for the last 4 years with the respect they deserve, or i'm calling the cops for attempted assault and he can spend a few days thinking things in a jail cell.

My GF and her mom were still standing there, in silence. They had really no idea what to say. This is the second time in like a month that something like this has happened between the two of us. He knows me well by now, and he knows i don't make threats when it comes to my GF. He knows that i have no issue doing whatever i can to get him deported. My GF and her mom knows this too, and by now they are so fed up with his shit that they can't be bothered with him either. But again, due to some stupid sponsorship laws here, he is their only hope at staying in the country for now.

So anyway, he stood there silent looking at me for a few seconds, and i kept my gaze. He turned around and walked to his bedroom like a child that just got grounded, muttering to himself.

I turned to my GF and her mom, apologized for my behavior and told them that if he ever so much as raises his voice at anything or anyone in that house (whether it's at the TV during a sports game, the cat, or either of them, heck even if he falls and breaks a leg and cries out in pain) i want them to call me and i'll be over to take care of it. I said this loud enough for him to hear.

I felt like i needed to get a drink after all of this. All the yelling had given me a headache so we just went to a hotel close by and had something to drink. When we got back about an hour later he was still in his room, and her mom was watching TV. 

We spent the rest of the night in her bedroom watching movies and stuff, and things outside were completely silent.

Today at around 4PM i get a text from her mom saying she came home and the house was cleaner than it had ever been. The oven and stove looked like they were new, the floors were so clean she could see her face it in, and on top of that her husband apologized (something he hasn't done in 3 years apparently). He didn't raise his voice once, in fact he didn't really say much in general. So she wanted to thank me for scaring him straight.

I felt really bad (not for him, but for the situation) at first, because i hate being disrespectful to other people. I have always been as respectable as i could to any person i meet in real life. But this guy just has a way of getting me in a bad mood. I'm not saying what i did was right, i'm not saying it was wrong either. I'm not happy about it, but i'm not upset either. It had to be done, and it had to be done in the most disrespectful manner possible. But i still feel bad...[/hide]

On a happier note... Yesterday morning i finally got my new car. Have been waiting for it for about 9 weeks now. It was a long wait, but well worth it. 

It's been about 2 and a half years since i last owned a Mustang, and never thought i'd get one again. But i'm happy i did. She's gorgeous.

• Like 1

I own a Mustang too! We should be friends and do Mustang stuff!

C'mon Muggi I expected better of you.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Got the BSOD on my PC last night. Scared the shit out of me. I managed to back up everything really quick and then run a full scan and a disk check. Also, because Windows seemed to be hinting that it was because my hard drive couldn't be read for a moment, I swapped out the SATA cable for a different one in case that was affecting anything. It's running fine now, and I'm not as concerned. If I have time this weekend, I may do a complete reinstall. If my hard drive goes kaputz, I'll just buy a WD Black this time and hope its better. Honestly, I'd rather have the problem be the $60 hard drive than the motherboard or something else.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You get so pissed over 1 BSOD?

Wow.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Got back my first University paper. Only got a B+, which ends up being a C+ because I handed it in a week late. I'm disappointed, it's only worth 10% but this class was supposed to be an easy double A and this probably brings me down to a B+ unless I do really well on my term paper or final.

You get so pissed over 1 BSOD?

Wow.

Yeah, cause I'm obviously sooo pissed. My post had all kinds of rage in it.

Wow.

wow                           such rage
                       very mad
many anger                            wow

Just what I was thinking! :D

I wouldn't worry over a BSOD in the future though. But that Windows telling your HD might be [bleep]ed up is something I would listen to (though I think that's unrelated to the BSOD). I had that same warnings and slowly but surely lost connection to my external HD.

siggy3s.jpg

I am strongly disliking having courses with two midterms now. Also, I don't feel that you can even pretend to call them midterms when you have two of them but that's neither here nor there. I am disliking not having TV right now with the Winter Olympics (my favourite, because I live in the country of ice and snow obviously). Will have to explore my options for internet viewing. Think we changed to CTV for Olympics from CBC. Hopefully they stream commentary. I think CBC only put up highlights and and raw footage which was kind of irritating for trying to watch anything you missed.

Thinking of BSOD's, I've noticed that every once in a while my computer forgets which HDD it's supposed to boot off. My guess is one of my computer programs, or maybe a USB port withg a memory stick, is confusing Windows. It only happens when I hibernate the computer, and I'll get the NTLDR is missing message. Computer reboots, I go to setup and fix the boot order, reboot again and it comes out of hibernation. It's a 30 second fix, but kind of irritating. That said, if having a harmless quirk is enough that it doesn't need to go for anything more harmful, I can live with that.

I am strongly disliking having courses with two midterms now. Also, I don't feel that you can even pretend to call them midterms when you have two of them but that's neither here nor there. 

My biology class has 3 midterms and a final... and we're on a quarter system.  :wall:

Today my parents found out I smoke weed. Some of my friends' parents and mine received an anonymous letter describing how we smoke weed, and how one of my friends and I are the supposed dealers and masterminds of some kind of drug tourism company. Of course these allegations are exaggerated, but it still sucks to get a letter like that. We have no idea who it came from, making it all have this kind of mysterious vibe to it.

I would lol so hard if I got a letter accusing me of being a dealer

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today my parents found out I smoke weed. Some of my friends' parents and mine received an anonymous letter describing how we smoke weed, and how one of my friends and I are the supposed dealers and masterminds of some kind of drug tourism company. Of course these allegations are exaggerated, but it still sucks to get a letter like that. We have no idea who it came from, making it all have this kind of mysterious vibe to it.

That's weird. A thought though. Wouldn't making any claim to be a reliable source raise the question as to why they are sending you creepy letters rather than talking to the police? Anyway, that's creepy. Also, I'm sure your parents were absolutely thrilled.

CBC has the olympics now here. They stream live. The funny part is that the online streams don't cut back to the studio, and they don't seem to ever turn the mics off (they weren't for skiing at least). So when the TV version isn't focused on the event, you can hear them talking, like making jokes and planning the next segment. It's kind of neat, but I hope someone told them the mics are always on. I do always forget about the time zones though. I'd rather be watching things at night, which is difficult when the Olympics are 8 hours ahead of you. I mean, I still can watch at night, but I do like to watch some live coverage as well. On the upside, I am getting feed of some of the warm up now since they are so far ahead, and that's kind of cool too.

What I'm saying is that all Olympics should be hosted on the West Coast of the Americas for my convenience :P

Saw The Lego Movie tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

The only thing we really know about the letter is that whoever sent it must have somehow had access to one of our Facebook accounts, since some of the things mentioned in the letter are only mentioned in secret Facebook groups and they use the Facebook name of one of my friends in the letter (he has a joke middle name on Facebook). Other than that, we have no idea where it came from and why it was sent. As to why they don't go to the police, they have basically no evidence. Sure, they could go and tell the cops that there are some kids smoking, but it's not like the police doesn't know people smoke, and it would be a waste of time and resources to go after us based on such a dumb accusation. Seems the only motivation whoever wrote the letter had was to destroy our friendships or something, which didn't really work out. 

My parents weren't as angry as I thought they would be when they found out, but they still weren't exactly happy about it. Sure made for an awkward conversation though.