So what is Runescape for you?

johnemad1

Well, I would like to hear all people's opinion about, "'what runescape means for you"

Is it friends mostly? Getting rich only? Getting all skill to 99? Relaxing? A game to just pass your time? etc.. What's your long long term goal?

For me, I play runescape to get a lot of money. I want to train skills, get armours and have fun while being rich. From the first day I played runescape, I was just searching for money making ways. I didn't think a moment to be a part of a clan because I'm perm muted. The game for me is sometimes fun and sometimes addictive. I'm now getting 96 ranged with 25M and will have like 10M left for Armadyl GWD, which will hopefully bring me a lot of money. Summer vacation is almost over here(2 weeks left), and I'm willing to get 96 ranged in these 2 weeks. I'm hoping that by the start of the next summer I will probably have not less than 80M banked. I will try and play in all holidays during school. I'm also willing to get 88 summoning after I get money. Or save it up and have fun anywhere with good armour or even train up my nooby skills. I'm not willing to quit anytime soon because I always wanted to have lot of money and won't quit until I get it. Well, that's it for now.. what about you guys?

I play for a temporary escape from reality, a time filler, a way to feel a (slight) sense of accomplishment, and a way to gain valuable insight and knowledge about the online MMO world for picking up women.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Sometimes I just like to relax by mindlessly skilling and listen to music.

Sometimes I like to complete challenges such as hard quests and trying to get a fire cape.

Sometimes I like to train slayer and my combat level, giving me a sense of accomplishment each time I unlock another slayer monster or get an atk/str/def level.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

It's just a game to me. Whether or not I make so much money, or whether or not I meet so many goals, all in the end, mean nothing -- it was just something to do at the moment.

[Not to mention, the games market for Linux is really dry, and I don't like using Wine to run games. Sure, I can play Starcraft, but even so...]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I suppose Runescape is a form of escapism for me, I can forget who I am on the outside world and become an adventurer! :D

It's also the following; fun, a place to meet new people, a way of passing time and a way to relax :thumbsup:

The internets answer to day time Tv,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Runescape to me is a way to forget any real life problems and troubles and just relax while listening to music and enjoy every single minute of it... that is until real life kicks back in -.-

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I play it for fun, and to waste my free time that would otherwise be wasted somewhere else. I enjoy skilling for the most part, but Slayer's my favourite skill. :D I have a few goals:

500/1000 Brimhaven Agility Arena Tickets

All 70+ Skills

89/90 Defence (which I will actually start working on once I get all melee stats to 90 using a whip on controlled)

75 Runecrafting

I have lots of other mini goals but these are my main ones. :D Nothing gets done too fast because I'm never really stick right to a goal. I do whatever I find fun at the time. I've been working on the agility tickets for a LONG time. :P I had 200 sitting in my bank for months and months, and only this week did I ever feel like going back.

Blakdragon39.png

^ Exactly my response.

Great way to relax and just play a free game that costs no money to play. Also I do enjoy doing some skills as shown in my sig, but I'm in no rush to get 99s as real life ALWAYS calls me. :wall:

I'm the same way. I love to play rs just to pass the time and have fun, and its a great way to immerse yourself in another world and forget your worries or whatever. But the day rs comes before real life is the day that I quit.

- Achieving goals, and proving to myself what I can accomplish with a little bit of willpower and dedication

- Talking to friends and making new ones

- Taking off stress by playing mini games and other stuff

normally I play rs for friends and to relax... although at the moment I am hooked on my 2nd 99, cooking :roll:

after cape I will go back to playing relaxed and for break from real life stress :D

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

My overall goal is to play until I have completed the game. For me, RS is completed when you have done all quests and have 99 in all skills. Also, you should have a lot of money (Around 100M) and you should have done all achievement diaries. That's my VERY long-term goal.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak