Tip.It Times Presents: Why So Serious...

Rcty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have 1 goal: 99 fishing, yet i keep getting sidetracked by other things such as minigames or quest etc. this is what rs fun for me, since i dont just work, work, and work towards a goal. the article showed both sides of the rs players, so all in all it was a nice insight.

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

imzachhubla.png

99 cooking achieved on december 7th 2008

What an original title.

2il2fiu.jpg

OT: Fairly nice read.

Also: My sig really fits eh?@@@@@ :oops:

2u5umc4.jpg

yeah.

Er anyway, when I go for a goal (i've gotten 2 99's so far and im goin for another, tougher one in agility) I usually stick with it pretty big time as in i'll stay in that spot for a while in game and work til i'm done. I really don't mind it that much, I don't often pay complete 100% attention to the gamescreen though (unless it's a skill I really have to).

sig3bh7.png

An interesting read, I feel it describes me in better terms than I would have been able to think of.

As for Goblin hunting, I was lucky enough to the the challenge scroll whilst clue hunting after a Treasure trails update

morgothsigdu2.jpg

METAL \m/

I agree with the first reply to this article, it was a decent read but nothing spectacular. What I found to be the thesis was a bit too simple (I do realize this is not supposed to be the greatest thing I have ever laid my eyes on also). Our reason for playing, it is something that we all know, and I am sure every player knows why they do certain things, even if it is the same thing over and over and over again. But I will admit, this article does help put things in a clearer and more understandable perspective. It really is regurgitated information from the thread mentioned in the first paragraph. For all those who got angry over previous repliers, criticism is essential to the creation of good writing, and should be expected.

Journey to Swan Song

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

dashund105.png

Definitely a decent article. It could have elaborated more, and the title was redundant, but hey, don't judge a book by it's cover. It does address a very relevant point.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Using the examples above it becomes painfully obvious that time is an issue as well. Not everyone purchases a year's worth of membership at a time, and in order to enjoy everything you want out of your brief time, you're going to have to do the job within a set amount of time. But if time is on your side, you could mine your own Pure Essence and craft all your own runes to train your Magic with. But really, who does that.

i do!!!!! and i dont mind. i have the time. so w/e.

but in reaction to this, yes, i am in the "gotta have it now" group. when i mined my 50k ess (the same ess in my avatar), i mined ess for a 3 weeks straight. i felt like i needed it, that nothing else mattered. and now, im almost done alching 15.5k yew longs with the nats i made from the ess and i have been alching for a week straight. i set goals in rs, i dont really just run around doing whatever. and though ppl may say i have no life, its cuz i am dedicated to a goal i set and what i do.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The article didn't give any reasoning, or examples to debate how, what or why one of the two play styles may be different, better, annoying, practical, impractical, or economical.

To me it was all just talking, and not really discussing...

memorablequotetu7.bmp

:lol:

I do love Jagex's subliminal messages. I.E.: It's a game, not a lifestyle, stop taking it like it means life-or-death.

The trouble is all the fun things to do in RuneScape have no reward. PC was sort of fun, and gave insane amounts of experience, but everyone loved training combat at the time. Now Slayer's the way to train combat and it's repetitive and boring.

This dilemma doesn't really exist in better balanced games than RuneScape. If they want me to have fun, don't make sitting at my computer aimlessly clicking monsters the fastest way to achieve. :?

It's a game, not a lifestyle, stop taking it like it means life-or-death.

I absoloutley agree with that, many of the runescape player's today are so frantic about getting ..1.. goal that they spend hours and hours a day just trying to get a goal that will impress there friends for a few minutes? i do think you should spend your time wisely, but at the same time, do not waste it! Enjoy your time while you can ;)

Credit to Dalek403 (Sam) for this Sig

runekidysig2.png

It's a game, not a lifestyle, stop taking it like it means life-or-death.

I absoloutley agree with that, many of the runescape player's today are so frantic about getting ..1.. goal that they spend hours and hours a day just trying to get a goal that will impress there friends for a few minutes? i do think you should spend your time wisely, but at the same time, do not waste it! Enjoy your time while you can ;)

tldrginger.jpg

Just kidding. But I hate this "do not have big goals, enjoy the game" BS... if that means not powermining my @ss off for hours at the end and instead going killing goblins for a useless champion scroll with otherwise cr@p skill levels, count me out. You aren't meant to "have fun" in this game until you have some decent skills, at least not the proper way. There are more and more things catering to low levels nowadays, but that's just because the quality of the game is going down, down, down.

Now as for 99 skills, it might be seen as a waste of time with skills like firemaking, but most skills do have benefits at higher levels. And yes, for some people respect matters.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I hate it because Stormrage wrote it. :twisted:

Its a very nice article though I liked how it leaves us all pondering about the subject and gives us a way to find the answer using the power of suggestion. ::'

memorablequotetu7.bmp

:lol:

I do love Jagex's subliminal messages. I.E.: It's a game, not a lifestyle, stop taking it like it means life-or-death.

The trouble is all the fun things to do in RuneScape have no reward. PC was sort of fun, and gave insane amounts of experience, but everyone loved training combat at the time. Now Slayer's the way to train combat and it's repetitive and boring.

This dilemma doesn't really exist in better balanced games than RuneScape. If they want me to have fun, don't make sitting at my computer aimlessly clicking monsters the fastest way to achieve. :?

I absolutely agree. Minigames like Vinesweeper, the Great Orb Project, and (hopefully) the new beacon lighting thing are steps in the right direction: entertaining alternatives to grinding. I hope that Jagex chooses to continue in this vein, and hopefully pump up the rewards even more. They've been too conservative with incentives in the past--see: summoning.

I hate it because Stormrage wrote it. :twisted:

Its a very nice article though I liked how it leaves us all pondering about the subject and gives us a way to find the answer using the power of suggestion. ::'

Hi Lem :)

Hey, isnt it about time you joined us? :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I liked it. I see both types that was mention, and also i fit in both groups. Example; i just started farming to grow marigolds top produce bull ant summon pouches, but i buy almost all secondary items required for pouches on all my other summons. I think it touches more on the person playing. If you're a do it yourselfer you'll make your own potions, food, armor,etc. But if ur a person who just wants to have something, you''ll just buy it off the grand exchange.

I don't feel like there was a real reason to post that as the Tip.It Times Article, to be honest. It didn't hold a strong posibility of discussion, and let me be quite frank, I think it was a sad excuse just to use the lame Dark Knight quote in the title.

Just my feelings on the matter. lol.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I work towards my goal, as I get close to 99 I really go all out in getting 99.

When i get 99, im bored and dont know what to do anymore. :lol:

The rewards for getting 99 is always fun though.

The idea for the article was good, but I'm sorry, the writing was all over the place and didn't really follow one continuous theme until it was summed up for us at the end.

Like I said, nice concept, poor writing.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I am with both sides in this argument because l have some ok skills, which if people really wanted to know it is called high scores, but just like with my hunter and thieving today, l wanted 54 hunter and 65 thieve so l got both those but l also don't mind just casually cruising along like when l do stuff like killing fire giants with range to get gold charms until l get 1k of them for my summoning which takes a while so l can do both, either taking my time and not caring about my cash( l have royal troubles to take care of cash anyway) or fully dedicating myself to doing any activity

I hate serious people, I've been playing for 3 years and only got 99 ranged, and not because of the cape, but because it hit's well. I trained ranged by doing everything I like in the game with ranged (quests, bosshunting, pking, moneymaking by killing monsters), sure it would've been more effective to stick to fire giants for a few months but I don't hold out to do the same for more than 2 hours. Now I'm trying the same for 94 magic, it's a lot more expensive but magic at barrows earns quite well and variates quite much compared to steel dragons etc.

Also I laugh at the people that get cook/fletch/firemaking 99 just to having a cape, I mean why waste a lot of time to show off that you've wasted a lot of time ::' And no, I can't believe that people consider cooking/firemaking/fletching fun lol.

Hmm I dont know, when I still played everything just came on its own, like for example I did a quest for a dragon scimmy and I got the ability to use gliders for example, I guess everything's kind of sawn together if you know what I'm saying. I liked slayer, got 85 slayer got a party hat out of that, kept on slaying and then levels and money came out of there, then again i would've never done it without voldy xD.

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.