August 26th 2008 - All Fired Up

darkjab

can anyone post a pic of the new Fm gear? i've looked all over and couldnt see any :|

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked magics with the gloves and ring.

Magic without anything = 303.8 xp

Magic with gloves and ring got me 319 xp. I didn't experiment around to see if it was a decimal, but even if it was 15 xp extra on magics would be useful.

I think that many of the people are underestimating something the adze would be incredibly useful for that isn't woodcutting, firemaking, or even mining related....it'd be pretty convenient for runecrafting with at the abyss!

:o Good idea!

You don't really need anything but a pickaxe since the zammy mage always teleports you next to agility or mining obstacles.

Well, I'm not really sure if some people use other obstacles but I don't really see a reason to use a longer route.

can anyone post a pic of the new Fm gear? i've looked all over and couldnt see any :|

Already posted this, but whatever.

ScreenShot289.png

alright, thx

looks so hawt.

(get it? its a pun! :lol: )

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

^ *groan*

I checked the runescape wiki right? it says this

[hide=adze is firemaking pwnnage]While Woodcutting, the Adze has a good chance of instantly incinerating a log as you cut it. If this happens, the log disappears, and you are given the normal experience for cutting it but only half the normal experience for burning it.

There is speculation that when Mining it may smelt some ores instantly, but this is unconfirmed. [/hide]

also, it says that you can put all the logs in place first, then light them. however, it is a wiki, so take it with a grain of salt

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

^ you can put all the logs in, even log out, log back in, and then light them all.

Just to give you an idea of how regularly it incenerates logs

adze3.jpg

So if you're doing mages/yews, I'd recommend sticking to a D axe, but for people powering it, it's perfect. :D

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

^ you can put all the logs in, even log out, log back in, and then light them all.

Just to give you an idea of how regularly it incenerates logs

adze3.jpg

So if you're doing mages/yews, I'd recommend sticking to a D axe, but for people powering it, it's perfect. :D

0_o omg i NEED 92 fm now

Y_Z.png

I really thought that no quest would ever be easier or less quest-like than the summoning intro one lol, but I think this just about does it! Takes 5 minutes if you're slow! \'

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

What im wondering is does doing thisminigame give any decent exp? If you light up all your best beacons simultaniously you do get a fair amount of exp, think i got like 15k from doing the first 7, but im wondering if this can be sued to train or not?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Do magic logs make them last longer than say maple? and what kind of time difference am I looking at?

thanks

scott

illusioncardsig.gif

Scottien

Illusion Leader | Clan Europe Member | Team Nigeria Member | Ex BsE Leader | Ex MOD Member

126 F2P | 137 P2P

Yes magic logs last longer, for some reason I'm feeling the exact times might depend on fm level.

Actually it depends on just the wood type. Blaze says normal logs last 10 minutes, and magic logs last for 20 minutes if you ask him if types of trees matter after the quest.

captain_poet.png

Beacon Lighting = RIP OFF!

My Starting Experience: (Before I put 20 MAGIC LOGS into the Beacon & lit it on fire). 2,892,373.

My Ending Experience: (After I put 20 MAGIC LOGS into the Beacon & lit it on fire). 2,894,281.

What my Ending Experience should have been: 2,898,733.

318 x 20 = 6,360 exp now 6,360 + 2,892,373 = 2,898733. I'm missing 4,452 exp

xxteargodxx.png

just lit all 14 with yew logs (giving the first 7 people 5 logs to keep it going) and got my adze lol. may train woodcutting now.

if I'd known normal logs last 10 minutes I would have done those haha

the adze is nice, and the other gear is fairly useful too, but I'd hoped for more than a one time marathon out of this update... oh well can't complain, firemaking just got its first update ever since shade burning lol (barbarian firemaking and firemaking familiars worse are worse than the regular way so they don't count <.<)

In other news...

Various dyes have had their Grand Exchange price ranges adjusted to allow for a built-in 'delivery' cost. This compensates those players who have taken the time to gather dyes in larger quantities.

huh? only dyes? how about other stuff? GE price must be around shop price is a stupid idea to start with anyway..

Stupid jagex, we want FREE TRADE!!!

Take that stupid price celing and price floor away!

No we don't, LOL

EXACTLY, with the Free Trade back, not only will macroers be at charge yet again,

but Item scamming will come back :shame:

Catsmoker.png

I left my wife for a level 59 tank mage

No we don't, LOL

EXACTLY, with the Free Trade back, not only will macroers be at charge yet again,

but Item scamming will come back :shame:

Let's put it this way. You can have your free trading back, but in doing so will RuneScape will be forced to close. Harsh reality, I know, but they will be sued with Credit Card Fraud, and other economical problems.

On Topic: Not a bad reward for such an easy quest, pity I am not a member though.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Yes we do want free trade back, just without the scamming and RWT.

GE is perfect, just remove the price ceilings, or increase them to a decent level. The RWT's won't be able to use it to transfer money/items to specific accounts and the players will then set the costs again.

There are too many items which just won't sell due to the lowest price still being too high (high alch price). If people want to sell these for less than the alch price then they should be allowed to. It doesn't feature in the cost of the nature rune anyway, so what's the issue?

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Yes we do want free trade back, just without the scamming and RWT.

GE is perfect, just remove the price ceilings, or increase them to a decent level. The RWT's won't be able to use it to transfer money/items to specific accounts and the players will then set the costs again.

There are too many items which just won't sell due to the lowest price still being too high (high alch price). If people want to sell these for less than the alch price then they should be allowed to. It doesn't feature in the cost of the nature rune anyway, so what's the issue?

yeah i totaly agree they should remove the price ceiling becoz items like eggs cost over 100 for each 1 i mean come on !! is an egg !! :wall:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe