Degrading black marks and more!

BloodArgon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not avalible to F2P'ers, but my guess is that they're hoping for them to see it, so they pay the 6$ just to try and get there account back.

That or they are just generally trying to have soft spot and make their customers feel more better.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I have Error! NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object black marks for the win.

For the non-programmers: it's a funny way of saying I have no blackmarks.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

yay, nice to see some human interaction with our customer support! :thumbsup:

I can't wait for black mark degredation, i got one for singing "pinball wizard" (that deaf dumb black kid... sure plays a mean pinball!) :wall: #-o

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The black mark degrading thing should be for everyone...

Your willing to forgive someone of macroing multiple times but not letting someones tongue slip in castle wars?

The minimal black marks for macroing at its lowest point was 5 (and the punishment USUALLY given in this era--was still a permanent ban). These days, I'm pretty sure you're just always permanently banned.

There hasn't ever been a time where people were allowed to macro multiple times and still play RS. (Except maybe outside that stat wipe of 5000 accounts in classic)

banappeal.PNG

I beg to differ.

And, there is confusion. The thread is for CURRENTLY banned, they are working for something for EVERYONE that will let black marks degrade. More may take more time than others. A month maybe for a language mark, Three for macro. In which case Ill be waiting a very , very long time.

.5 black marks and a 10 day ban for the first 4, a 10 day ban and 5 black marks for the last.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Hopefully they will take away my blackmark for saying the word "Tip.It" and "Youtube" \'

Yeah I'd try get my "Youtube" one away if I had over 7.5m blackmarks.

Its a nice thing by Jagex, pity I can't take advantage of it, then again, I'd rather not have to.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I just had a thought:

Jagex doesn't allow appeals for most temporary mutes because they're temporary, right?

So if the blackmarks become temporary, and I hope you see where I'm going for here, then they may be removing the appeal section as there won't be a need for it as they'll either be degradable or impossible to defend against anyway. Blackmarks will be temporary, the bad rules will stay permanent, and if you keep your nose clean you won't have to worry about appealing anyway.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have mixed feelings about this...

Many players get black marks or even bans/mutes unfairly and it would be nice if they would have a chance to have their case properly looked at, instead of having their appeal denied 99% of the time and getting nothing more but an automated message when they haven't done anything wrong in the first place.

On the other hand, people that deserve to be banned/muted will probably abuse this system, but I guess we'll just have to trust Jagex on this one.

:\ i was one of the people people who got banned for nothing, first i got temp banned for account sharing out of no where and then shortly after i got perm banned for macroing and i had never done either, my first account got banned as i hit 80 slayer and had a few phats on it, i had it since 2001 and it got banned in 2006, unfortunatly i found out about this, too late and wasnt able to post on the thread

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

Your willing to forgive someone of macroing multiple times but not letting someones tongue slip in castle wars?

The minimal black marks for macroing at its lowest point was 5 (and the punishment USUALLY given in this era--was still a permanent ban). These days, I'm pretty sure you're just always permanently banned.

There hasn't ever been a time where people were allowed to macro multiple times and still play RS. (Except maybe outside that stat wipe of 5000 accounts in classic)

banappeal.PNG

I beg to differ.

And, there is confusion. The thread is for CURRENTLY banned, they are working for something for EVERYONE that will let black marks degrade. More may take more time than others. A month maybe for a language mark, Three for macro. In which case Ill be waiting a very , very long time.

.5 black marks and a 10 day ban for the first 4, a 10 day ban and 5 black marks for the last.

So you have autoed 5 different times yet you are not banned?

I appealed in this tread because 3 years ago i traded some arrows from my main to my pker and it got denied.. o well

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

how many black marks is redzone if 7.5 is small

my accounts in the greenzone but i had a f2p account that was banned like 2 years ago idc so much though lol

StarViv.png

Hmm those degrading black marks sound cool, I sure hope they're not just for banned people and guys with 8+ bm's, like this thing Mod Dave does atm, cause I've got 5 black marks for nothing. -.- When someone asked if RSHD was Runescape 3, I joked that ' It r rs3 gimme ur pass n I meek u memb!!1!1!'... And BAM! some program nailed me on the words 'gimme ur pass', or some weird person reported me... I regret it every day... :cry:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Muted right now for 11 days and I have 9.6 black marks... hopefully I can get someone to post on my the thread for me cause I can't access forums. It was all for stupid crud... "Zezima's my bro" "I made out with your mom" Etc. Etc.

I'm wondering how can you see the "exact amount" of black marks?- I can't (only see that I'm in green zone)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Makes sense with them expanding into other games. They have more to lose as peoples accounts are used on all Jagex sites. RS, FunOrb and soon to be Mechscape

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i had a ghostmouse up at one point(nothing to do with runescape it was doing my homework! :lol: )

and i got 3 black marks and 7 day ban

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If anyone sees the topic open could you please post my old account "Thehollow_1" i work until 17:30 BST (Yes and most weekends) so i don't have the chance to post, lemme know by pm if you do. Thanks. :pray:

(You can post on behalf of others on that thread so its allowed.)

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

banappeal.PNG

I beg to differ.

So you have autoed 5 different times yet you are not banned?

I appealed in this tread because 3 years ago i traded some arrows from my main to my pker and it got denied.. o well

6th ban today.

10 days, .5 marks.

blood_argon.gif

6th ban today.

10 days, .5 marks.

Botted your crafting?

You deserve a perm ban tbh continuously breaking it, i broke rule 7 once and received 10 BM instantly (Was back in '06 tho) and was rather minor offence (didnt really gain anything from it).

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

6th ban today.

10 days, .5 marks.

Botted your crafting?

You deserve a perm ban tbh continuously breaking it, i broke rule 7 once and received 10 BM instantly and was rather minor offence (didnt really gain anything from it).

My craftings been 99. If you want Ill dig up the exact date to prove my bans were after getting the level.

And, honestly, if I do get a perm ban, Ill quit. Simple as that. Maybe go into RWT. This game is just becoming too much of a burden to deal with. Its hardly much fun, and if I can make real money, hell, why not?

blood_argon.gif

Well, The system is so wrong that it lets you do it 6 times, while others get it once, banned and get owned by an auto reply last chance. :?

And I cant even post in that damn thread lol. :roll:

It depends on the account. I made an account just to test this. Botted too much, perma ban after a week. Iv been banned 6 times over 6+ months on this account, and still playing.

blood_argon.gif

yay, nice to see some human interaction with our customer support! :thumbsup:

I can't wait for black mark degredation, i got one for singing "pinball wizard" (that deaf dumb black kid... sure plays a mean pinball!) :wall: #-o

Isn't it "that deaf dumb blind kid"

:P

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew