Should Charms Be Tradeable?

Dizzle229

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have had a problem with it if the charms were tradeable on summoning's release, but I wouldn't want to see the change destroy the work of all those with high summoning levels.

But then again, it wouldn't have affected me, since I can't afford to train buyable skills anyway.

Interesting point.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I think it is good as it is. It makes the skill much more challenging and the fact that you can't buy the skill makes a high summoning level much more respected, which it should be. It is good that you have to work for a good summoning level and that you can't just go and buy everything you need. There should be skills like these in the game, where you just can't buy everything. The game becomes more of a challenge and with that it also becomes more interesting.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Definately no.

Why? Because it would turn this kill into far too fast. People can already gain over 10 million summoning xp in one day IF they've worked for weeks/months before cashing in the charms. This means that if all the charms could be bought and 99 sum gotten by wasting one day. Even though I'm not against buyable skills or these so called bought capes, that would imo be far too much.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

No, it shouldn't.

For those of you saying how you could buy 99 in one day, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. Drum went from 68-98 in a day, but it took him like 18 hrs I think

For those who were saying how summoning isn't useful:

[hide=]Steel titan:

080715160415ad2.png

I can also save around 300 cannonballs when on an abby spectre or bloodveld task, and speed up spirit mage tasks by around 20%

Yak:

For prayer, I can bring 54 bones with me in one inventory

I can get 20 solo hybrid kills at DKs without guthans or brews

I can do a task of 190+ dark beasts easily in one inventory

Unicorn:

I can last an hour at waterfiends with only bringing 3 sharks

I can last 3+ hours at sara, and 2+ hours at armadyl with a 4man team... without using brews.

I can do any task that doesn't require prayer without guthans

Do you really think people should be able to use this after only spending a couple days on the skill?[/hide]

For those who are relating it to prayer: After level 70, the skill just stops, the only reason for getting it up would be to make your prayer last like 30 seconds longer. If you've read the hidden thing, you'll know that isn't the case with summoning

For the person who said it should be 60k a blue....down to 12k a gold: I can get around 20 blues on a dark beast task, are you really telling me that I should be able to get around the profit of two dark bows on average?

Even for the golds, I can get 100+ gold charms if my fire giant task is over 180. that'd be over 1.2m a task

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Again I say that this is why summoning is as a great a skill as it is. If charms were to become tradable it would completely screw up the entire economy, and make several skills ridiculously easy to max(e.g. magic). Plus either summoning would be very cheap to max, or it would be the best way to make money(by collecting charms).

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

No, it shouldn't.

For those of you saying how you could buy 99 in one day, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. Drum went from 68-98 in a day, but it took him like 18 hrs I think

[hide=]Steel titan:

080715160415ad2.png

I can also save around 300 cannonballs when on an abby spectre or bloodveld task, and speed up spirit mage tasks by around 20%

Yak:

Unicorn:

I can last 3+ hours at sara, and 2+ hours at armadyl with a 4man team... without using brews.

Do you really think people should be able to use this after only spending a couple days on the skill?[/hide]

For those who are relating it to prayer: After level 70, the skill just stops, the only reason for getting it up would be to make your prayer last like 30 seconds longer. If you've read the hidden thing, you'll know that isn't the case with summoning

For the person who said it should be 60k a blue....down to 12k a gold: I can get around 20 blues on a dark beast task, are you really telling me that I should be able to get around the profit of two dark bows on average?

Even for the golds, I can get 100+ gold charms if my fire giant task is over 180. that'd be over 1.2m a task

sure you could, but remember you still have to have buyers, from 1 to 99 summoning would cost 1000m, and be done in a day with my prices. But does anyone really have that much cash they are willing to burn? Im sure a few do but most don't. If someone really wants to get the next level they will buy charms, but it would be nearly impossible for 99.9% of scapers to buy 99 summoning which is why the prices need to be high or else it will become like cooking

Hephaestos8.gif

They shouldn't be tradeable this late into realase- as it was said, it would make the higher level summoners with obscene amounts of cash rant.

However, I think charms should have some more non-combat methods to obtain. Not just from chests.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

No, it shouldn't.

[hide=]Steel titan:

080715160415ad2.png

Yak:

Unicorn:

For me, people saying that summoning is useless are stupid and ignorant, unwilling to accept the changes brought into effect by summoning.

No, it shouldn't.

[hide=]Steel titan:

080715160415ad2.png

Yak:

Unicorn:

For me, people saying that summoning is useless are stupid and ignorant, unwilling to accept the changes brought into effect by summoning.

'You should train summoning'

'No lol its a waste'

'You haven't even tried it.'

'ye i have im lv 16'

:pray:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Personally when summoning first came out i was hoping for a skill based way to make them. And I still think that.

Like a different skill and skill level for each charm.

Such as crafting is used for gold

Smithing for crimsons

Etc. Etc.

This would of course be an equal alternative to killing for the charms.

Also I wish randoms,more chests, treasure trails could give charms. i mean 33 gp is great and all but maybe something with a lil more "umph" :D :roll:

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

Well Jagex could be cruel and only make green charms tradable :thumbsup:

On a more serious note, charms should not be tradable. Charms are what separate training prayer at a POH alter from training summoning in a sense. <--I hope that made some sort of sense...

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I would say no. Summoning is a combat skill, so you should be able to use your level (and thus the amount of charms you have obtained) to kill more stuff for more charms. If the charms were buyable, It would be a buyable skill, requiring no combat expertise at all. Magic can be buyable as well, but people still use it alot to cast spells at each other and it does make you better at fighting

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

For me personally, I think it should.

Mainly because I am a hoarder of bits and pieces i get from my kills, and I am slowly gathering some charms, and as I odnt have a great intrest in summoning, they are just going to sit in my bank.

I could easily just drop them, but i think that woud be a waste. Im not looking at getting anything from them, just to be able to give them to someone who will have more use of them.

But on the other hand, it would affect the game as a whole, and it would have knock on effects of sales of other items.

lizzy_wizzy.png

lizzy_wizzy.png

make them sellable to pikkupstix would be the only reasonable option. and other players can not buy them from him

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Can you also put on the thread how much you think they would be worth?

Like ask people, i was going to start a thread, but this seems too similar!

I think blue would be ~4k

Green ~2k

Crimson ~2k

Gold ~ 1k

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I say no, mainly due to the fact that Summoning would indeed be turned into another cash skill.

Plus it add's a little something to training the Combat and Slayer skills.

- kMzLeader

99 Woodcutting

99 Fletching

99 Cooking

~~

Goals

~~

91/99 Range

94/99 Fishing

67/70 Summoning

Well Jagex could be cruel and only make green charms tradable :thumbsup:

On a more serious note, charms should not be tradable. Charms are what separate training prayer at a POH alter from training summoning in a sense. <--I hope that made some sort of sense...

that would be awsome :twisted:

only green charms buyable :)

yay a use for my 2k left in the bank :wall:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

make them sellable to pikkupstix would be the only reasonable option. and other players can not buy them from him

That's quite a good idea. :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Can you also put on the thread how much you think they would be worth?

Like ask people, i was going to start a thread, but this seems too similar!

I think blue would be ~4k

Green ~2k

Crimson ~2k

Gold ~ 1k

There already is a thread about that.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png