Tip.It Times Presents: The Gold Crunch

Rcty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Keep PKing Area and Item Dropped in Over Level 45 Wildy?

They have designed the wildy as unlawful and unholy areas

I think these items dropped should be cursed a while for others,not collasped.

Some of Members are so boring because there are no new areas,new holes or new monsters for them.

the price of items is raising since only few guys put these items on the exchange.

chuheichuhei.gif

woop the 3k irits and eye of newts stored in my bank may actually come in hadny now gd by barrows hello herblore :thumbsup:

great read btw

yumyoyupyomav0ky3qh3.th.jpg

Dragon drops: 1x med helm 2x legs 1x skirt total = 2mil

barrows drops: 2x dh helm 1x karils skirt 1x ahrim skirt total = 4mil

PhaperPlane wrote:

Skillers are going to be making lots and lots of cash due to all the prices rising. Okay, so perhaps they do get a break and now get to make millions, but, if they want the money, they have to provide us with the goods, and that means the pressure is on them this time. If there is a lack of potions or food in the market, a lot of people are not going to be happy.

Pressure? What pressure? The skillers I know play the game because it's fun, not to serve the PKers. Prices for our products went down when PKing ended, and we still played. They'll go back up when PKing is re-instated ... and we'll still be playing.

If they make it worth our while, PKers will get what they need. We'll just shift our priorities for production. That's how market economies work. Why else would a lvl 95 farmer plant marigolds? :mrgreen:

I also believe that the recent price fluctuations are due to summer vacation, not speculation.

~Mara

+1 \'

Couldn't agree more! For those of us who used to 'train smart' using our skills to gain cash from PK market demand, we welcome any changes which would make our redundant skills useful once more.

HERBLORE FTW!

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

OMG

i was skiller, when wildy was source of income. i started to be less and less combatless noob, i wanted to try pk but in month i planned i'm finally going to pk the wildy was over...however to all those rants i enjoyed that no more pkers will be in my way to the abyss :thumbsup:

i got more and more into combat, fell in the love of slayer, got myself the set i dreamt on with hard earned money(and lucky visage): fury, bandos plate&tassets, dfs and slayer helm that joined easily to my set.

now, as you know slayer have alot of mage based atk monsters, and i planned to raise my range also, but the blk d hide seemed to me bit old and i'm already know a bit or two about money making...so i decided to get armadyl set :P

i started making money, and i saw the set riaising. then one day..."future pvp plans". the crash have started. i enjoyily saw my armadyl set dropping (and continue to drop) every day while i still training and making cash from things like herby patchs (farming ftw :D ) but then i saw that my bandos armor, fury and dfs are dropping like crazy more than armadyl does :shock: (the gs'es are the winners in falling tho :lol: )

so....make or lose i donno. but i'm gonna buy armadyl in lowest price to make the most of it ;)

(i know making good money, so i don't think i'll ever care about the prices of things i have and will just stay with them for there good look&stats. don't pankic and sell! =P~ )

since i wanna stay as skiller....i think....that my dream from that update will make cooking back to not losing money (cook for raw :mrgreen: ) and i'll have the chance i missed when they did for the usefull 99 cooking......o well #-o

want_a_box.png

as long as i can snap up a good deal on a bgs and guthans ( currently 20.5m and 4.7m) before they start to rise again im gratefull for the update, its pushed all the best items into my price range :thumbsup:

If things continue to drop im gonna buy everything, i couldnt care less if it drops lower, ill have everything ive always dreamed of having!

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

I'm definitely not a pker, so I'm glad all these prices are rising! :D More profits for me! :o

Yay us!! \:D/

I'll honestly give the read a 3/10 I didn't think it was that good, or informative.

As for the whole price rising on raw fish and food. Good for us skillers, bad for you pkers :twisted:

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

This has been awesome for me. I caught on early. Bought rune legs min price, kite 40k, helm 21k, and plates a bit over gen prive, then sold the sets 155k each. 100 sets per day, that's like half a mil per day just placing buy/sell orders. Can almost afford that santa now :thumbsup:. Sorry to anyone who missed out though :( .

---

And don't think I'm just a speculator... I gave away my money to friends while I still could so I had to start over. I made 6 Mil mining coal, leveling from around 73 to 83 mining. For f2p that's pretty good. I'm just saying us nonmembers finaly got a break. And I hate pking. So raising prices on pkers is always a good thing.

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.

i may pk some but the price rises will go back down in about a month at most cause by then everyone will be over it and will stop buy stuff cause they owning it instead.

Jagex usually fails at making the real update just as great as they say it was gonna be, yet their announcements they make in advance DO cause a significant effect on prices. In this case potions will go up in price, which might be a good thing for skillers, but means a horrible development for thousands of others, while the economy is already crashing, and it ain't looking as if it's going to be better in the near future.

When skillers realise skills such as herblore are more attractive now, they will also start buying more and more herbs and 2nd ingredients (unless they grow them themselves, but still a lot of skillers buy their herblore ingredients), causing the prices of these items to go up as well. In the end causing the loss/profit that someone makes on making potions even out with the same margin as today. So in a few weeks from now skillers will be making/losing just as much profit on potions as today, giving them no real benefit of the update. PKers have to pay a higher price for potions and armour, causing them to not benefit either.

And yet there is another famous group of Monster Hunters (which I belong too) that now have to pay a high price for the PK-update too, cause their potions and supplies now cost a lot more too. And people, don't generalise by saying Monsterhunting is making you extremely rich and therefore monsterhunters should not whine about influx of prices, cause I killed over 3000 GWD bosses and still haven't gotten a single drop, but that's a totally different discussion. Yet they get smacked in their face twice due to a serious decrease in prices of monsterhunting armour (barrows, GWD items etc.), higher prices for their supplies, less money for their drops, trouble...

So in the end I wonder who really benefits from this update? To me it seems Jagex is trying to get complete control over the economy, they already did so by introducing the GE and the trade-margin, but yet they think they haven't got enough control just yet. Lately they have been using announcements of future updates a lot to cause people to speculate heavily, causing inflation and deflation all over the market. Just by promising new armour with the PK release they caused a heavy deflation in the monster-hunt-armour-section of the market, yet we don't even know how strong and rare this new armour pieces are gonna be. They might be just as bad as barrow armour (compared to GWD armour), but just because Jagex talks so much about it people assume it's gonna be uber pwnage armour with uber high staatzzzz.

E

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

What are you saying? The era of going to bosses and getting lucky for your massive wealth is over and is going to be replaced by PKing, something that actually requires skill? It's about time. :roll:

For me, it's not "PK or die". It's continue RCing which can only get better when the new PKing is released.

Deaths and bloods going to fly up since barrage will be used even more now. Glad I already banked 94 mage :D

OT: Article is completely speculation. And why do we have a non-pker's article speculating on scape-wide pking? :|

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

One of the biggest reason the prices are going up is because of people getting so emotional about this think "omg armor is going down I'd better sell it before it goes down even more" and "omg food is going up I'd better get it before it gets too expensive" which from an investment point of view is a perfectly stupid thing to do.

I expect once the update comes out, armor will go ABOUT back to its previous price, as well as I THINK Godswords going higher then originally, food pots etc being more expensive...But emotions pretty much ALWAYS multiply ANY change in the market.

Thats my 2 cents for you. So, who HAS my two cents anways?

EDIT: Quote from PVP update thing from Jagex (too lazy to do the whole quote thing)

"These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. "

There is a good chance that there WILL be uber amazing armor with like high def bonus then torags AND high str bonus then bandos...AND (after reading PvP world specific) these "amazing" items that are supposedly cauing bandos/arma and all that to go down (ignoring the whole back to school thing) will only be useable on those pvp worlds.

I found that article HIGHLY informative btw...I also came back from a 16 day holiday like a week ago and missed Jagex's announcement about pvp updates. <3:

Not to mention I've hardly been on rs since then and I don't pay attention to the prices of weapons/armor anyawys...

Although if its true I can start skilling more, and training things like herblore without losing 200k per level ^_^

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

hooray for the ppl who r horrible at pking and despise skilling (boooooooriiiiiiing)...wait this is bad...very bad...i guess the only thing i have to fall back on is killin monsters and hopin for awesome drops rune/dragon and herbs...yay me...the economy right now is so crazy u could invest on something 1 day and be completely broke the next (like me :thumbsup:) or be rich (i hate ppl who r good at merchanting) i bought a dfs went to grandparents come back 4 days later to find i have lost 3m on it alone not to mention bout 4m in barrows which is huuuuge for my awesomely low amount of cash that it took a pathetic 4+ yrs to build up :wall: oh well if it comes down to it theres always killin cows at gnomecopters right? rofl

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

The reason the Armadyl, Saradomin and other godwar armours and swords are dropping in price is because groups fight under the loot share method. Which whenever a drop occurs it is automatically placed on the Grand Exchange at the lowest available price at that time. If items like the Saradomin Godsword (hilt) was 130mil 2 months ago and now 65mil it goes to reason that it will drop a lot more until it is no longer worth killing for.

The reason Guthans has dropped so rapidly is because Bunyip's heal more often than Guthans does, so you can blame Summoning for that fall.

Pking will be re-introduced on certain worlds not all worlds or players will have the option before logging in to either play to lose there stuff or not, also Jagex have already said if another player is wearing a phat for example it will not be available to the pker as a reward and lost forever if the other player doesn't get to his tombstone fast enough.

I also doubt that players are hoarding pots for the resurgence of pking. More a case that the recent addition of the New Runecrating game has pulled people away from herblore for want of something else to do.

[hide=]

The reason the Armadyl, Saradomin and other godwar armours and swords are dropping in price is because groups fight under the loot share method. Which whenever a drop occurs it is automatically placed on the Grand Exchange at the lowest available price at that time. If items like the Saradomin Godsword (hilt) was 130mil 2 months ago and now 65mil it goes to reason that it will drop a lot more until it is no longer worth killing for.
[/hide]

uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm........no...

Its placed on the GE at the medium price, and should that price change, it will change with it... not lowest available at the time...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i had to register so i could post on this one

what the heck do you mean skillers will benefit, when i read the update the first thing that came to mind is jagex no longer cares about us skillers. All they want is immature little kids saying" "OMGZ I ROXXOR I PWND SOM1 50 LVLZ BeLoWZ Me iM sO LeeTSaucE""

Xp enhancing gear for only PKers what the heck make it easyer for pkers to level. And btw real skillers dont make lots of money because we dont sell things, we get the mats then use them on other skills we dont need much money either but not rich

PvP can be fun but PK is just the most [developmentally delayed]ed thing any game can ever do no duh someone 30+ levels above you can kill you thats not fighting thats being [developmentally delayed]ed i resubscribed to RS when they got rid of pking in wildy and i will probably cancel after this happens.

You do realize that you won't be attacked by anyone way higher level than you, and that by skillers, he means anyone that produces raw materials involved in PKing and food/pots?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

thats a gatherer not a skiller

and i know the way it works i was playing on RSC when the world was PK but that means nothign to me since i would never ever log onto a pk world

i was just saying that the whole concept of PK is some1 a lot higher lvl killing a low level to make themselves feel good (i dont know how)

PK and PvP are 2 different things

thats a gatherer not a skiller

and i know the way it works i was playing on RSC when the world was PK but that means nothign to me since i would never ever log onto a pk world

i was just saying that the whole concept of PK is some1 a lot higher lvl killing a low level to make themselves feel good (i dont know how)

PK and PvP are 2 different things

With the really old PK system (pre-wildy), it wasn't PK worlds at all, so you obviously weren't there. There was a toggle option which I believe you could do three times then be stuck forever as a pker/nonpker (until the wildy came out).

And the "whole concept" of PKing has never been about "feeling good" for killing someone that's a much lower level than you. Not really. It's about the items you gain from who you kill, regardless of their level. Or killing someone that's well known.

Back on topic... the article was okay, except that I too believe that the price changes are brought on more by end of the summer (kids going back to school) than by anticipation of the update. I don't know how many people seriously go out and stock up on potions, but then I was never hugely into the pk crowd.

And I have no clue what was meant by the pressure being on the skillers to produce enough items to meet demand... when you're making money, where's the pressure? That seemed like a way to try to make it sound dismal all around, but really if you're the one getting the fish or potions to sell there's no pressure at all. You make money, you win. Yay.