Granite is going up.

Mr_Recci

I'm shocked by the amount of moans on the RSOF.

This is a great update for summoning. Maybe not so for profit for miners, but before summoning granite was usless anyway so there is no real difference.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granite isn't really "going" up, at least not while I'm posting this it isn't. Due to the fact that granite miners (if they were mining for profit instead of just solely the xp) were having to drop all granite other than 500g granite and wait 'til they had a fairly full inventory of it. Now they can just do continual runs and then cut it after they've got everything they want. Maybe they'll only take the 2 and 5kg ones from now on. Either way, obtaining Granite (500g) is now a lot quicker and easier, so the prices of all of them will inevitably fall.

The fact that 2kg and 5kg Granite have risen is so that they are exactly the same price as how many lumps of Granite (500g) you can get out of them - 4 for 2kg and 10 for 5kg.

-Granite (2kg) rose to be 4 times the price of Granite (500g.)

-Granite (5kg) rose to be 10 times the price of Granite (500g.)

Granite (500g) is used to make Granite Lobsters which are very good summoning xp.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

guess who likes collecting random junk and has bought 7.5k 5kg granite for like 100k? :thumbsup:

sold for ~15M so far and got loads left

I knew someone had done it :D Lucky.

75M in granite :shock: Nice luck.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

As all things that go up in the GE... They must come down, and usually, they end up falling down higher than they started rising from.

Are you really, really blind or something?

180000% rise in 1 day is NOT natural: so it WON'T go down much anymore, and the PRICE IS STUCK THANKS TO NO BUYERS!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

My question is how much will granite go down.

I recently went and mined some granite and chiseled them all into 500mg pieces

tbh it only took me around 20 minutes to get around 1k granite, including all the chiseling, which takes forever lol

Right now, that's is a little over 1 mill... in 20 minutes

so obviously people wont be buying granite atm

so. how much will it go down?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

tbh it only took me around 20 minutes to get around 1k granite, including all the chiseling, which takes forever lol

Uhm, I think that it's junk already (though it's hard to say atm - you can only see it after like 1-2months)

with the current speed "summoners" could get it nobody with their right mind would actually buy it from the ge...

This means that the GE price won't update untill jagex manually starts updating it, so it's worthless till that time!

Now if the critical point at which summoners stop buying it won't be reached, I think it will fall to like 1/2 of the original price. Maybe even as low as 1/3 or 1/4.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Ew, 20 minutes for 1k granite?

Bah, wish I waited to get my summoning up now. Knowing Jagex they'll make an easier way to get swamp lizards now I'm almost past the level to need them anymore

I'm guessing 500g will be worth about 100 each eventually. Since it's apparently as good as mining iron there. Although iron has more use.. sort of..

I liked your typo...500 mg....

but anyway, this update is great for me when I need granite for summoning. In the year 2011 or so...

If the 500g variant is impossible to sell, you can count on the larger chunks to remain unsellable as well... that would be too bad.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

As all things that go up in the GE... They must come down, and usually, they end up falling down higher than they started rising from.

Are you really, really blind or something?

180000% rise in 1 day is NOT natural: so it WON'T go down much anymore, and the PRICE IS STUCK THANKS TO NO BUYERS!

They're going down already :roll:

with the current speed "summoners" could get it nobody with their right mind would actually buy it from the ge...

This means that the GE price won't update untill jagex manually starts updating it, so it's worthless till that time!

Don't underestimate the lazyness of the super rich GWD'ers.

People will still buy them from the GE, just not at the rate they used to. And once they do drop in price, and reach a certain point, people will start to say, "why waste an hour mining when I can spend 200k and buy all the granite I need for my levels".

Just give it some time and things will even out.

dawnsigblue-3.png

This is what I think will happen.

Firstly the price will drop. Sharpish.

The amount of granite in banks and such far outweighs the demand for it. Buyers know it will drop so won't buy. Sellers know it will drop so try to offload. As the prices are now all linked all of them will drop to a reasonable amount. I would say 500-1000gp.

In the long term the price will rise again.

Unless they are hardcore, high level summoners are not going to get all seconds themseves. I'm not rich and I've never got a summoning second myself so the majority of people seriously training summoning will buy. However people are not going to keep granite anymore. Miners will go back to the old power mining, i.e. dropping it. As the reward for banking just isn't going to be worth it. Therefore there will be a demand for the granite, but little supply.

In summary I expect the prices to flucuate between 500-1000 for the summoning granite.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

uhg, so its droping?

great. i missed me chance to make some money. -.-

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

A better title for this topic would have been "Granite prices falling like a rock."

I've been camped out at the granite rocks for the past few weeks working toward 99 mining. Now, with this new update the place is suddenly crowded with people trying to make a quick buck (via junk trades most likely). Personally, I can't wait for the price to finally bottom out so that the crowds will just leave.

The other thing that's interesting here is that you can't sell any of the granite to the general store nor can you high alch it. In both cases you get zero gp. I guess Jagex is actaually smart enough in this case to let the market dictate a reasonable price before letting you sell or alch.

polybren.png

A better title for this topic would have been "Granite prices falling like a rock."

I've been camped out at the granite rocks for the past few weeks working toward 99 mining. Now, with this new update the place is suddenly crowded with people trying to make a quick buck (via junk trades most likely). Personally, I can't wait for the price to finally bottom out so that the crowds will just leave.

The other thing that's interesting here is that you can't sell any of the granite to the general store nor can you high alch it. In both cases you get zero gp. I guess Jagex is actaually smart enough in this case to let the market dictate a reasonable price before letting you sell or alch.

"Granite prices falling like ...Granite!"

But that's a bit interesting, a new and bright idea towards Jagex. I never would have figured the situation would be handled in such a way.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

"Granite prices falling like ...Granite!"

But that's a bit interesting, a new and bright idea towards Jagex. I never would have figured the situation would be handled in such a way.

Actually... no. No it wasn't. The sell/alch prices for granite have ALWAYS been zero. And, thanks to Jagex's RWT measures, the price of what you sell is NOT adjusted to the GE's prices but the prices you buy items at are. So, even if granite came to be worth 10k per block, if you sold it to any store you'd still get zero for it and have to pay 10k to buy it from said store. This is also vexing when I accidentally sell food when selling drops...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

If i were you guys, i'd buy Animal Masks with Granite now ^^. The Granite will stop being junk in due time, (a month or so,) and you'll have gained a few Masks for very little Gp loss.

Granite will bottom out soon, but it cannot COMPLETELY bottom out, for that would interfere with Rock Lobster Pouches. It will not remain "junk" for long.

Our_Moon.png

If i were you guys, i'd buy Animal Masks with Granite now ^^. The Granite will stop being junk in due time, (a month or so,) and you'll have gained a few Masks for very little Gp loss.

Granite will bottom out soon, but it cannot COMPLETELY bottom out, for that would interfere with Rock Lobster Pouches. It will not remain "junk" for long.

There's no way to stop granite from being junk because Jagex is going to have to place a bottom on granite prices or else 74 to 85 summoning will become stupidly cheap which irritates me...a LOT... I'm betting that they will place the lower bound at around 500ea for 500g granite(but I could be completely wrong) and that leaves 5kg granite at 5k each, so it will always be extremely good for junk, this was a HORRIBLE update in my opinion, and i am a bit disappointed that noone on the developement foresaw this. On second thought, this was blatantly obvious, so I'm disappointed that the staff didn't care about this issue.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

There's no way to stop granite from being junk because Jagex is going to have to place a bottom on granite prices or else 74 to 85 summoning will become stupidly cheap which irritates me...a LOT... I'm betting that they will place the lower bound at around 500ea for 500g granite(but I could be completely wrong) and that leaves 5kg granite at 5k each, so it will always be extremely good for junk, this was a HORRIBLE update in my opinion, and i am a bit disappointed that noone on the developement foresaw this. On second thought, this was blatantly obvious, so I'm disappointed that the staff didn't care about this issue.

I don't think the price will be stable at more than 200 gp for every 500g of granite unless most of those miners turn to other way of making money. -- try make some rough calculation, if 1k 500g granite can be obtained within an hour, that's around 200k profit if it is 200 each which is almost the best money making way for those lower to mid players and this will make most of them still stick to the mine except for those higher level players and then the price may stabilized.

Furthermore, it is not cheap to get summoning level from 74-85 with cheap granite, many players know that the most expensive part in summoning is the need of chards, if you make granite lobsters from level 74-85, you do need around 6.6k pouchs which multiply by 166 shards each and give around 1.1 mil shards = 27.5 mil gp and you get back 70% of it = 19.25 mil gp if you trade in for shards, so there is over 8 mil cost for raising the level only from 74-85. If this is consider cheap to you, then 500g granite at 1k each only add up 6.6mil which is also cheap to you too.====> why bother then ?

Many players argued that summoning is worthwhile and can make good money but trust me, most of the players wouldn't bother to spend so much time to use all those pouches they make but instead only use some of them that are really worth it, most of those pouches will be sold or traded in for shards and this happened to make summoning another money sinks like construction to remove gp from the game so that there wouldn't be high inflation of items price which threaten the joys of newcomer too much.

(Take the above example, with 6.6k granite lobsters, how long it will take you to use all of them to make money in the game ????)

Lastly, I haven't notice Jagex make any limit on those materials that give no profit to players directly while training skills on those materials. instead, there may be a lowest greater than 0 gp to make those items still sellable.