Is there pride in pixels?

wildy58

No pride in pixels.

No pride in medals.

It's like saying a honour medal from the military is worthless, if you say a phat is worthless in Rs. It's not the same thing but it's something to show what you acheived, and it's the achievment you are to be proud of, not the medal.

im proud of my fire cape just because of what it means to me

i took 6 attempts and im proud of getting it

i dont care if you got it first time and in half a hour -.- im happy i got it

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

No pride in pixels.

No pride in medals.

It's like saying a honour medal from the military is worthless, if you say a phat is worthless in Rs. It's not the same thing but it's something to show what you acheived, and it's the achievment you are to be proud of, not the medal.

I don't think thats really a fair comparison, Soldiers put they're lives at risk :ohnoes: to serve their national and make peace, While we sit and click a mouse.

Nevertheless, Glad to hear others throughts and glad to hear that im not the only person thinking theres pride in pixels, but a couple people said when they go somewhere and talk about there pixels, they take offence when people insult it, But Imo, it's sorta hard to be around hardcore gamers that play hardcore games and boast about runescape levels.

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

Sure you can take pride in pixels. Those "pixels" that you achieved is something that you well... achieved! Feeling no pride in your achievements is just terrible. However, this doesn't mean that you should be walking around RuneScape (or real life for that matter :uhh: ) boasting about that. The main thing is, most people really have pride in their items or levels anyway. I mean, have you ever felt mad or sad about losing items of great value? Or even losing an account. If you haven't felt that, then yes, you can basically say that you have no pride in your items, but most people have felt that way before, which would mean that they have some form of pride in their items and account.

j0xPu5R.png

Sure you can take pride in pixels. Those "pixels" that you achieved is something that you well... achieved! Feeling no pride in your achievements is just terrible. However, this doesn't mean that you should be walking around RuneScape (or real life for that matter :uhh: ) boasting about that. The main thing is, most people really have pride in their items or levels anyway. I mean, have you ever felt mad or sad about losing items of great value? Or even losing an account. If you haven't felt that, then yes, you can basically say that you have no pride in your items, but most people have felt that way before, which would mean that they have some form of pride in their items and account.

Confusing but true.

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

I think yes; there is pride in pixels. There is still a lot of time an effort put into Runescape from tons of people. It my not be active or as hard as sports, but is studying out of a book for a hard test different? Is body building a harder effort than the effort put into the performers from cirque du soleil? Some say yes, some say no. Just take pride in what you do

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Not proud of the pixels in themselves really, but happy to have proved to myself that I have the patience to do something like this, going the extra mile.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Pixels are just a representation of the effort you put forth to get them. Much like money and grades. If you think about it, they are just "words on paper" like your achievements are just "pixels".

This thread has officially been won.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

When I was less mature... I would answer yes without hesitation. Now... I'd have to lean more toward no.

I look at it this way. Sure, you work hard to raise a character, but what does that really get you? Nothing, really. If Jagex were to say that they're no longer going to support servers and that was it... all the work in which you did would be for nothing. With that said, I really don't take pride in pixels that much. I just try and enjoy the game for what it is until I need a break. Then I take a decent sized break and get right back into the swing of things some months down the line.

Should there maybe be some pride? Sure, but I also think that some people take games like Runescape way too seriously. How do I know that? Because I was one of them at some point and time in my life. What did I do to fix it? I grew up.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

As I always say

Runescape is just pixels,

money is just paper,

life is just nothingness.

These are not just pixels - hard work and effort has gone into them, and they are worth even real world money if u RWT.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

As I always say

Runescape is just pixels,

money is just paper,

life is just nothingness.

These are not just pixels - hard work and effort has gone into them, and they are worth even real world money if u RWT.

Well said !!!! every thing has pride as long as you achieve them like me =] i like to show off quite alot lol

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

The pixels are hard work. Endless hours of wasteful clicking. That doesn't make the pixels any valuable, just means an idiot was ready to waste a lot of time into something pointless. That in itself is fine, everyone has passtimes.

There's a huge gap between "I do this just for fun, I know it's stupid and pointless. I have X levels, I'm happy, and it ends there." and "My pixels are valuable, precious, and make my proud(proud to have clicked?). I demand that people respect my pixels wherever I go. When someone talks about my pixels I get all serious because they are important in my life."

So bottomline, no, they have no value. You can be happy about what you've got, but you have to remember this is just a game and jagex owns all of your character. To go as far as to say that those pixels have "value" is a sign the game is no longer just a game [to you].

Somewhat contradictory...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Runescape pixles are a waste of time, from the start, you all know this. The pixels never had any value to begin with. This is a game, an entertainement, and here we have people talking about Runescape like it's a second job and comparing clicking in front of a computer to a masterpiece or a solider putting in life in danger at war. Lol, ridiculous, get a grasp on reality already.

"Hey guys, did you know I just got 99 RC, hahah I'm so proud of myself, GO ME! How dare you say my 99 RC is worthless, I wasted HOURS of my life getting it, it's automatically valuable, DUH!". No, it means you waste hours and hours on an online game, period, it has no value. Want value? Go to school and get a job, period. That's called growing up. Can't make it more simple than that.

Either you acknowledge this game is just a passtime, a waste of time that you do for fun, or either you think this game somehow is more than just an online game and that the virtual items and skills you get have "value". With option 2, you obviously have a problem.

Runescape pixles are a waste of time, from the start, you all know this. The pixels never had any value to begin with. This is a game, an entertainement, and here we have people talking about Runescape like it's a second job and comparing clicking in front of a computer to a masterpiece or a solider putting in life in danger at war. Lol, ridiculous, get a grasp on reality already.

"Hey guys, did you know I just got 99 RC, hahah I'm so proud of myself, GO ME! How dare you say my 99 RC is worthless, I wasted HOURS of my life getting it, it's automatically valuable, DUH!". No, it means you waste hours and hours on an online game, period, it has no value. Want value? Go to school and get a job, period. That's called growing up. Can't make it more simple than that.

Either you acknowledge this game is just a passtime, a waste of time that you do for fun, or either you think this game somehow is more than just an online game and that the virtual items and skills you get have "value". With option 2, you obviously have a problem.

Or, you realise that reality has questionable value as well, and that the amount of effort put into building up a character is really no different from the amount of effort put into doing practically anything else. Say you make an artwork, and someone else trains a character. So long as both people enjoy doing so, whats the difference? Do you honestly think just because you find going out and being "successful", everyone else has to find their enjoyment in the same thing? After all, so long as you have fun, does it matter whether you spent all your life working or all your life playing a computer game? I wouldnt do it myself, but that doesnt mean I have to go and rant at people who do. Why do you?

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

I would say that, yes, there is pride in pixels. But, to me, not in Runescape. I'm not bashing the game itself, just the fact that there is really nothing, no semi-unique abilities or class structure, that separates me from other players except how much time I've put into the game. My character, in a few words, is not unique. And that bothers me.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

We're talking about pride, not value. -.-

No game has ever had any real value to 99% of the players, other than entertainment. I say 99% because you get people getting sponsered to play Counterstrike and GH3 and stuff now which is crazy imo.

If you've never had any pride of anything you've done on the internet because it's all just pixels then stop typing and try find something you're proud of doing. I wouldn't say that my character on RS has any value in monetary terms, or even any value to anyone else but tbh I really don't care. The "value" of my character is that I have fun moulding it and playing on it, and that's priceless. Now to say you can't feel pride in acheiving something you've wanted is stupid. If someone really wants to get 99 RC, however much I wouldn't like to have to get it personally, the fact that they set themselves a goal and completed it is admirable, and if other people can admire it then they should take pride in it.

Let me give you an real life example of this. The world record for cycling around the world was, until recently, 280 days. So one man bought a very expensive bike and planned, for 2 years, his cycle around the world. After 200 gruelling days he cycled through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, having knocked 80 days off the previous world record. What had he acheived...? Well nothing, in you eyes, of any value. But by God I bet he was proud of himself.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

It's fine to have pride in your pixels. You spend many hours honing your character and training towards your goal. Anyone has the right to be proud if they have achieved something.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Skilling: Slaving over the computer for countless hours for a number and cape isn't anything worth being proud of.

P2P: Damage is based off of a random equation, whoever is luckier wins, which doesn't seem like it takes any skill.

Something to be proud of is teaching an underpriveleged kid school work, completing school, being a great athlete, or anything else that takes time that matters in the end.

Something to be proud of is teaching an underpriveleged kid school work, completing school, being a great athlete, or anything else that takes time that matters in the end.

"Slaving away" at a skill takes time, seems you contradicted yourself a bit there. And you forgot the aspect of fun, which is one of the reasons people play the game.

I take pride in every thing i do on runescape. I fell people should, because if you put a lot of work into something, you should always have pride in it... but thats what i think :lol:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Pride is an emotion. Anyone can be proud of anything they wan't. Someone can be proud that their a serial killer, that there a nice person, or that they can be proud of how they sit on the couch and eat popcorn when there not working. Heck, you can be proud of pissing your pants in public too.

Compared to all that, its pretty easy to be proud of a RS charecter. Not the 'pixels' per say, but what they represent, hours of dedication (can hardly be called work) is definatly something to be proud of in anything.

I am not proud of the 'pixels' on my screen since lets be honest, the RS server gave my comp a bunch of wireframes and a shading algorithem so my laptop is doing all the work and dedication there. Now that being said, I most certainly am proud of what my pixels are representing and thats good because they represtent a couple hundred hours of my life so not being proud would be a pretty big jip.

I honestly don't get why a lot of people say "Sports are the best!" One main agrument for extreme athlets is "sitting around all day is bad for your health" keep in mind that in a contact sport painful broken limbs, torn ligiments and (personal account) shattered teeth are not uncommon. I take pride in what I do, be it kicking a ball around or killing a dragon without moving a muscle, I am proud.

Rejected.jpg

So here on this thread we have lots of people saying they are proud of their virtual characters. You're proud, ok. But why are you proud of that? Considering past threads, most of tip.it has never said to anyone inrl that they play Runescape out of fear of being stereotyped. It seems quite contradictory to be so proud of something you don't even dare to talk about to other people. Interesting, that seems like the exact opposite of what someone proud of something would do. That seems like what someone ashamed of what they're doing would do, someone addicted. Say you're proud all you want, I don't believe you.

So here on this thread we have lots of people saying they are proud of their virtual characters. You're proud, ok. But why are you proud of that? Considering past threads, most of tip.it has never said to anyone inrl that they play Runescape out of fear of being stereotyped. It seems quite contradictory to be so proud of something you don't even dare to talk about to other people. Interesting, that seems like the exact opposite of what someone proud of something would do. That seems like what someone ashamed of what they're doing would do, someone addicted. Say you're proud all you want, I don't believe you.

You're telling me there is no such thing as self-satisfaction?