psvstef

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it would be scaled like THIS:

Divine SS > Elysian SS > Arcane SS > Spectral SS

1. Because of its always on 15% damage reduction

2. Because it takes only 25% 70% of the time, not 30%. If it was 30%, Elysian would be better than Divine

3. Highest magic attack shield with very high stats

4. The magic defence bonus shields are very seldomly used due to the lack of magic based attack training monsters (the shield has only higher magic defence bonus over existing shields, but loses Strength from DFS), and in places where you would NEED to pray, you almost always pray mage, because magic attacks in monster form are nearly always the highest hitting combat form (see Dagannoth Prime), making Magic Defence totally useless.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Its good to see they finally added some raid content. If they play their cards right runescape could see an influx of new hardcore players. There arnt alot of good MMOs that have raid content AND not have the requirement of a slave healer class. All this game needs now is a good way to distribute raid loot and we are golden. Also, some guild tags by our names would be leetsauce.

Someone other than me has to be thinking something dealing with Leroy Jenkins.

On zybez, theres pics of the elixir and one of the sigils being coinshared. If I can find them again, I'll post.

Edit: Here it is

sigilsharepk4.jpg

i <3 dev <3:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I personally think it would be scaled like THIS:

Divine SS > Elysian SS > Arcane SS > Spectral SS

1. Because of its always on 15% damage reduction

2. Because it takes only 25% 70% of the time, not 30%. If it was 30%, Elysian would be better than Divine

3. Highest magic attack shield with very high stats

4. The magic defence bonus shields are very seldomly used due to the lack of magic based attack training monsters (the shield has only higher magic defence bonus over existing shields, but loses Strength from DFS), and in places where you would NEED to pray, you almost always pray mage, because magic attacks in monster form are nearly always the highest hitting combat form (see Dagannoth Prime), making Magic Defence totally useless.

Comparing Elysian and Divine:

Divine is really good if you're willing to pay a lot for extra prayer restore. Basically Divine enables you to use prayer pots as a source of food.. ~50 HP restored each dose, so about the price of sharks.

Elysian is my favorite, since the damage reduction has no strings attached. 70% of all damage you take is reduced by 25%. Think about this, there is a 2/3 chance that the AGS spec will only hit you 57 instead of 77... there is a 2/3 chance that barrage can only deal 22 damage instead of 30.

These two (Elysian at least) are better than the DFS defense-wise, hands down. DFS may have better stats but 30% reduction / 70%25% reduction in damage you take is a lot.

Arcane: +20 Mage attack with nice defense bonuses... new favorite shield for mages.

As far as mage defense goes, mage defense was never really meant for monster hunting. (even so it has practical uses in DKing). Rather the mage defense is for castle wars (in which this +30 mage defense will be highly valued) and clan wars and the like.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I like the Elysian one but hey, it's not needed at higher levels and thats what makes me mad. As I've said in this thread already, 99 Defense and a bunyip or even half a load of food is enough to last me through all my tasks. I wish they buffed up the Slayer monsters already.. Meh. Still might buy the Elysian one just for the hell of it once the price goes down.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I like the Elysian one but hey, it's not needed at higher levels and thats what makes me mad. As I've said in this thread already, 99 Defense and a bunyip or even half a load of food is enough to last me through all my tasks. I wish they buffed up the Slayer monsters already.. Meh. Still might buy the Elysian one just for the hell of it once the price goes down.

No one needs an 80M shield for slayer just like you don't really need an AGS to slay either; a 1.2M whip will suffice.

These shields I think are really meant for hardcore monster hunting and PvP.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Hm, I agree with you then. Then what I really want is something new for non pkers who hate boss hunting. There's a lot more of us than people think. :-#

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If the drop rates are decent, these shields won't stay 85M and 65M for very long. Hopefully they'll become cheaper alternatives to the dfs. They're not as good as the dfs, so they can't go higher than it unless jagex made it ridiculously rare "showoff" stuff like 3rd age, which would suck for people who don't spend 10 hours a day trying to make gp.

I hope to upgrade my DFS to one of the new shield soon, but for now, I just bought a DFS for min in the GE.

Why not? they should go back up now \'

Here is the order I would put them in:

Elysian > Divine > Spectral

Arcane is kind of by itself because it is for magic, and it is the best in class for the

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

If the drop rates are decent, these shields won't stay 85M and 65M for very long. Hopefully they'll become cheaper alternatives to the dfs. They're not as good as the dfs, so they can't go higher than it unless jagex made it ridiculously rare "showoff" stuff like 3rd age, which would suck for people who don't spend 10 hours a day trying to make gp.

Divine and Elysian are like the best pieces of equipment out there

sigcopyaf.png

Divine will kill your prayer too quickly to be useful in many situations. In PvP, you'll be smited out fairly easily. In PvM, if you don't watch your prayer zealously, you will have it drop and you'll probably be KOed if you are at GWD. Still, I foresee them dropping to 15m for the Arcane, 10m for the Spectral, 50m for Elysian, and 40m for Divine. People in RS are stupid and only care about damage, and since the shields have no strength bonus, many will overlook them.

td2sig.jpg

Divine will kill your prayer too quickly to be useful in many situations. In PvP, you'll be smited out fairly easily. In PvM, if you don't watch your prayer zealously, you will have it drop and you'll probably be KOed if you are at GWD. Still, I foresee them dropping to 15m for the Arcane, 10m for the Spectral, 50m for Elysian, and 40m for Divine. People in RS are stupid and only care about damage, and since the shields have no strength bonus, many will overlook them.

For a good bandos tank divine is best: the person can actually watch his prayer pretty good and the damage reduction is really usefull! - Though also the elysian is usefull if you're not tanking since it's more "safe".

Bassically these shields are real 'tank' shields: hence they overpower the dfs in most cases! (if you don't need high defense you're better off with a rune defender anyways).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Those shields could come in handy. I think I'll let the prices drop a bit, though. :P

Oh, and did anyone else notice that the KB doesn't say the shields are members only? Is that a mistake or are they really sellable to f2p?

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Two(both 85M ones) of the new shields will definitively be better than the dfs in some situations. But lets make simple math here.

DFS = 17M

New shield = 85M

Which one do you think I'm going to take?

:twss:

Especially in highrisk situations. Lose 17M or lose 85M?

I'm telling you right now: at the price these shields are, they're luxury. DFS is what we're talking about if you want to get the job done.

Two(both 85M ones) of the new shields will definitively be better than the dfs in some situations. But lets make simple math here.

DFS = 17M

New shield = 85M

Which one do you think I'm going to take?

:twss:

Especially in highrisk situations. Lose 17M or lose 85M?

I'm telling you right now: at the price these shields are, they're luxury. DFS is what we're talking about if you want to get the job done.

Which is why the price will drop fairly quickly. Most people compare them to the DFS and see that they have no strength bonus and turn their nose up at them. Also, with as many people that will be killing this beast throughout each world, dozens of sigils will enter the game each day. It'll initially have the same effect as the AGS/SGS, with a stockpile of sigils (hilts) rotting in the GE, so the price is frozen, but once it becomes unfrozen, it will drop rapidly.

td2sig.jpg

Made me wonder: the sigils aren't coinshared! (o.O)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.