15 September 2008 - Summer's End

psvstef

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to see they finally added some raid content. If they play their cards right runescape could see an influx of new hardcore players. There arnt alot of good MMOs that have raid content AND not have the requirement of a slave healer class. All this game needs now is a good way to distribute raid loot and we are golden. Also, some guild tags by our names would be leetsauce.

Heh i thought that when i started reading about it. Going on early sketchy details that came through me and some mates were working out a possible way to 5-man it using a main tank and 3-4 rangers on lunars to act as healer/dps. Although it seems like the easiest way is in fact just to brute force it ;/. I was hoping that the boss would put out huge damage to the tank but negligable damage to anyone out of melee range.. it'd be interesting to have to coordinate lunar mages to take shifts healing the tank while dpsing with range, while also having to watch their placement to avoid that AoE thing he does. In other words i wanted a fight that used some semblance of skill instead of hit it til it's dead :P

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Its good to see they finally added some raid content. If they play their cards right runescape could see an influx of new hardcore players. There arnt alot of good MMOs that have raid content AND not have the requirement of a slave healer class. All this game needs now is a good way to distribute raid loot and we are golden. Also, some guild tags by our names would be leetsauce.

Heh i thought that when i started reading about it. Going on early sketchy details that came through me and some mates were working out a possible way to 5-man it using a main tank and 3-4 rangers on lunars to act as healer/dps. Although it seems like the easiest way is in fact just to brute force it ;/. I was hoping that the boss would put out huge damage to the tank but negligable damage to anyone out of melee range.. it'd be interesting to have to coordinate lunar mages to take shifts healing the tank while dpsing with range, while also having to watch their placement to avoid that AoE thing he does. In other words i wanted a fight that used some semblance of skill instead of hit it til it's dead :P

I just talking about this with a friend of mine yesterday. He plays WOW and was telling me about the raids and end game bosses and I just thought "wow, if Runescape actually came out with a boss like that..."

I'm a little sad that this boss takes more brute force than anything, but it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully, a few players will find a way to effectively kill it using more than just body after body after body.

Nonetheless, I'm really excited about those shields.

(And it was sad when I tried to explain Zilyana to my friend. After his epic story, GWD just seemed nooby in comparison.)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Someone other than me has to be thinking something dealing with Leroy Jenkins.

On zybez, theres pics of the elixir and one of the sigils being coinshared. If I can find them again, I'll post.

Edit: Here it is

sigilsharepk4.jpg

On zybez, theres pics of the elixir and one of the sigils being coinshared. If I can find them again, I'll post.

sigilsharepk4.jpg

That's fake. It'd be 4.5m each or so because it gives the amount that is sells at LOWEST not med.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

sigilsharepk4.jpg

That's fake. It'd be 4.5m each or so because it gives the amount that is sells at LOWEST not med.

9 people on the team genius

a_final_name.png

i have a load of questions

1) in the dark warrior portal, there is a dark wraith who wants dark warriors, how do i get them to her, i tried killnig them and taking thier bones.

2) are there any other "invisible" portals?

Search the RSOF for "wraith" - I tried attacking it and couldn't bring myself to (or some such).

The story is you have to be wearing full black armor & weapon to attack it. Didn't try myself.

QuickFind: 15-16-243-57617461

There's a spirit inside the chaos altar portal who speaks of people with scrambled names (Mokazra, Lamreg, Tighux, Garel, Lamel, Urgand) and speaks of a sword finding its new home.

If you bust the improsoned rogue in Rogue's Castle out of jail (using the portal, of course), he flees to a building behind the archery shop in Varrock. You can then sell unenchanted jewelry to him for the high alchemy price.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Here you guys go, some stats on the shields.

I can't confirm anything here, just something I found.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15 ... 827,goto,6

In case you didn't want to go to the thread, here is an exert from it.

Blessed Shield

Defense:

53 slash 53 stab 73 crush 62 range 4 magic 52 summon

Other:

3 Prayer

It is:

Better than a Dragon Square in every way.

Better than a filled DFS in crush defense and prayer.

Better than a fully-charged Crystal Shield in melee defenses and prayer.

And it has:

No mage or range negatives!

Spectral Shield

Attack:

13 stab 34 slash (!!) -4 crush -19 magic

Defense:

90 stab 86 slash 167 crush(!!) -45 magic 68 ranged 253 summoning (!!)

Other:

3 strength 10 prayer

Better than Rune Defender for attack!

Better than DFS in melee!!

Best pray bonus shield in the game! (So far, other sigils may give higher.)

Best summoning defense item in the game!

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

epic :P

1 word to rule them all tbh.

i can't wait to hear stats of the best one <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Spectral Shield

Attack:

Defense:

Other:

3 strength 10 prayer

You've gotta be kidding me, that isn't even the highest level shield! I dread to think what stats the Elysian and Divine shields will give.

Does anyone else find it funny that the only GWD melee weapons are all two handed, yet Jagex keeps bringing out mind-bogglingly powerful shields? Years later and STILL the best one handed weapon is the Abyssal Whip.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Spectral Shield

Attack:

Defense:

Other:

3 strength 10 prayer

You've gotta be kidding me, that isn't even the highest level shield! I dread to think what stats the Elysian and Divine shields will give.

Does anyone else find it funny that the only GWD melee weapons are all two handed, yet Jagex keeps bringing out mind-bogglingly powerful shields? Years later and STILL the best one handed weapon is the Abyssal Whip.

maybe jagex will realease a new monster like this with the new "all hard quest of all time!!" thingy and it will drop a new one handed weapon? but anyway the shield gives nice bonuses for the whip with +34 slash att <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Omg, amazing shields o___O

You know when people say that jagex can't release new uber weapons because we only have 99 hitpoints, and will never have any more, that's actually a silly flaw in logic. While hitpoints can't change, armor on the other hand, can improve, making it so that you get hit less, hence you can introduce those uber weapons.

You know when people say that jagex can't release new uber weapons because we only have 99 hitpoints, and will never have any more, that's actually a silly flaw in logic. While hitpoints can't change, armor on the other hand, can improve, making it so that you get hit less, hence you can introduce those uber weapons.

they could release healing armor, that heals you slowly like the bunyip. And they could release armor that allows for a high HP level. like how potions go past 99.

something that would make the game interesting and make pures cry about everything in the world.

they could release healing armor, that heals you slowly like the bunyip. And they could release armor that allows for a high HP level. like how potions go past 99.

something that would make the game interesting and make pures cry about everything in the world.

And they would have to make that amour common junk so everyone could use it in PvP

Fools_Taco.png

They updated their database:

* Divine spirit shield

30% - or as much as if possible if 30% is more than your current amount of Prayer points - of any damage you take is removed. Half of this 30% is deducted from your Prayer instead, while the other half is ignored completely.

* Elysian spirit shield

70% chance of reducing the damage you receive by 25%.

Link 1:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... it_shields

Link 2:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... it_shields

Link 2 contains all the stats of the shields.