Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But slayer is fun and gets you better melee exp, why wouldnt you like it?

I like it, it's just that it gets you very bad melee XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

If you like it, isn't that enough? ;)

Yep, that's why I train it. This thread was created, in part, to address the common misconception that slayer is good melee XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Me i love slayer through and through.im planing to get 99 slayer in the future.just the only thing i hate about slayer is the tasks.the biggest reason is that i keep getting the same monsters over and over again.my master the person form shilo(cant spell his name #-o ).out of the 20 tasks he has he only gives me 5 of the same monsters over and over.hell i know them all there Iron dragons,Fire giants,kalphites,black and greater demons.i did some quest and i cancaled them but no he still give me the same task.and that not the guy form shilo all of them are guilty for it.another reason is having the same task twices.i dont like to the same task i just did.but im not that buged by it i just cancal it go to another one.

To me slayer is a great skill it fun and i really hate powering leveling through the same monster.(I think that takes away the fun part of the game.)That just only down side to Slayer i can think of othere than that it great.

Gamemonster3.png

Gamemonster3.png

Me i love slayer through and through.im planing to get 99 slayer in the future.just the only thing i hate about slayer is the tasks.the biggest reason is that i keep getting the same monsters over and over again.my master the person form shilo(cant spell his name #-o ).out of the 20 tasks he has he only gives me 5 of the same monsters over and over.hell i know them all there Iron dragons,Fire giants,kalphites,black and greater demons.i did some quest and i cancaled them but no he still give me the same task.and that not the guy form shilo all of them are guilty for it.another reason is having the same task twices.i dont like to the same task i just did.but im not that buged by it i just cancal it go to another one.

To me slayer is a great skill it fun and i really hate powering leveling through the same monster.(I think that takes away the fun part of the game.)That just only down side to Slayer i can think of othere than that it great.

Isnt getting tasks the whole point of slayer?

Also, please, please learn to spell and use spaces after your dots.

and compfreak, this made me smile when I read it :D

It looks decent, but there is no way it is 100k xp/h. Without a summon I don't even get that at Zombie Monkies, at 95\98 stats. And the lack of a summomn is a big turn off - I get 12-15k XP\hour with geyser titan at Zombie monkies.

Isnt getting tasks the whole point of slayer?

Also, please, please learn to spell and use spaces after your dots.

First of all i know my grammer and sentence structure suck also, tasks is the whole point but that not what im saying.what i am saying is that i just keep getting the same slayer tasks. long story short i hate recycled tasks.

Gamemonster3.png

Gamemonster3.png

two eight seven

i figured this out a long time ago

but when i was a relatively low level and got task of 181 trolls, it was fun to go sit at troll generals with a rune halberd and get granite shields worth about 150k back then

and i don't train my combat anymore so it works out good for me, it' more of +59 total level for me now i haven't trained it in over 2 years now

]ac_s_dc.png

That includes everything, although it's closer to 65k with constant attention (Not that I or my friends usually slay like that :P )

DeviledEgg24.png

This is for the OP. You are going to take this the wrong way so ill go ahead and say it anyway. You have runescape ADHD. if you look at your stats, any skill that requires any patience or is slow to level is a low level.

I respect the way you play the game though, i always do the math as well. Its an unwritten skill that so many runescape players lack these days. I bet if you ever get around to training some of those skills you will inevitably find the fastest way to train them. And in this situation you have done just that, you have found the best way to train combat.

If you progress further in runescape, and you will, you have already broken the 2k total mark so you do play alot and have commited alot of time to this already. You will reach a point where you will have to train slayer. And im willing to bet if you talk to alot of people that have trained slayer to 99 they will all tell you "it was ALOT more fun training slayer when i was getting combat levels, once i maxed out a huge chunk of the fun was gone".

You have to train combat.

All skills need to be trained.

Maxing out is the final runescape win.

You might as well train them all at once.

Fools_Taco.png

This is for the OP. You are going to take this the wrong way so ill go ahead and say it anyway. You have runescape ADHD. if you look at your stats, any skill that requires any patience or is slow to level is a low level.

I respect the way you play the game though, i always do the math as well. Its an unwritten skill that so many runescape players lack these days. I bet if you ever get around to training some of those skills you will inevitably find the fastest way to train them. And in this situation you have done just that, you have found the best way to train combat.

If you progress further in runescape, and you will, you have already broken the 2k total mark so you do play alot and have commited alot of time to this already. You will reach a point where you will have to train slayer. And im willing to bet if you talk to alot of people that have trained slayer to 99 they will all tell you "it was ALOT more fun training slayer when i was getting combat levels, once i maxed out a huge chunk of the fun was gone".

You have to train combat.

All skills need to be trained.

Maxing out is the final runescape win.

You might as well train them all at once.

First of all: I will admit, I enjoy training skills with some variety in actions vs. standing and clicking on the same thing many times

After that, I disagree with the rest of your post.

[symptoms of ADHD:] * Impulsiveness: acting before thinking of consequences, jumping from one activity to another, disorganization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD

Armored zombies is standing and occasionally clicking at the same spot over and over and over. Slayer is switching through a wide variety of monsters in a goal-oriented training method with many possible methods.

I personally enjoy slayer much more then armored zombies and plan to continue training it. Please show me where I said I didn't want to train the skill.

My post isn't about how fun or good it is to train (I personally think it's very fun and a 'must train'.). It's about how much XP it is - a hard number. That has nothing to do with 'patience' or 'speed to level' or ADHD

[side note]

In real life, I have anything but ADHD - I'm very goal oriented and enjoy grinding away at a single thing to accomplish something

[/side note]

DeviledEgg24.png

I personally enjoy slayer much more then armored zombies and plan to continue training it. Please show me where I said I didn't want to train the skill.

Here you go :-)

I used to train slayer, but I started to get fed up with it after the new release. I'm on my 49th task, and I should get 50th just so I can buy runes and make a bit of money, but I can't stomach it any more.

That was my opinion as of 2 1/2 months ago. As mentioned somewhere in the 10-15 page range, I got back into it and continued serious training.

DeviledEgg24.png

A lot of the 1st post has changed, I just put the first paragraph in to reflect that; anyone who's read the newer replys knows I like the skill (not that that has anything to do with my point ;) )

DeviledEgg24.png

That was my opinion as of 2 1/2 months ago. As mentioned somewhere in the 10-15 page range, I got back into it and continued serious training.

Comon man i read the your whole post and commented on it, you did say you got sick of the skill fast, look at the quote above this. Dont come down on me for formulating an opinion on the entirety of your post. There is no way in hell i was going to read 10-15 pages in. Anyone who reads your whole post (like you tell them to) will formulate the same opinion i did.

Simmer.

Fools_Taco.png

At level 67 combat (ranged based) and 42 slayer I really have to push myself to do slayer. The only task I get that makes any significant money is ogres, when I get ranarr seed drops. I get two or three of those each task. I never really spend much money anyway, so I'm not that bothered about breaking even. What I am bothered about is having to spend two hours camping outside of Yanille ranging ogres when I could make so much more money and basically get the same ranged XP per hour killing green dragons. So far I've had one pyrefiend task (annoying because of the lack of safespots), two lesser demon tasks (alright, mostly because of rune meds, Crandor is usually empty on members worlds), a whole bunch of earth warrior tasks (urgh) and about the same amount of ogre tasks (prayer XP, I guess, and some good seed drops).

You slay for slayer experience. That's all there is to it, for me at least. Simple as that.

Aside from slaying, there is no way to get slayer exp. One day I hope to get most of my skills at a high level. Slayer is a skill, and I will level it for the sake of leveling it. Sorta reminds me of firemaking in its pointlessness. Except not so grindy.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

You slay for slayer experience. That's all there is to it, for me at least. Simple as that.

Aside from slaying, there is no way to get slayer exp. One day I hope to get most of my skills at a high level. Slayer is a skill, and I will level it for the sake of leveling it. Sorta reminds me of firemaking in its pointlessness. Except not so grindy.

Jade vine mini game, bork and phoenix mini game... Not major slayer xp but you can get some slayer xp outside tasks.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Aside from slaying, there is no way to get slayer exp. One day I hope to get most of my skills at a high level. Slayer is a skill, and I will level it for the sake of leveling it. Sorta reminds me of firemaking in its pointleshttp://forum.tip.it/posting.php ... 88674sness. Except not so grindy.

Jade vine mini game, bork and phoenix mini game... Not major slayer xp but you can get some slayer xp outside tasks.

I went from 80 to my current level (2262k xp, so around 280k xp) just from jade vine/bork every day, and I have like 700 blue charms (1k crims too but used those already) from bork now too. Really worth it in my opinion.

2dvjurb.png

Comon man i read the your whole post and commented on it, you did say you got sick of the skill fast, look at the quote above this. Dont come down on me for formulating an opinion on the entirety of your post. There is no way in hell i was going to read 10-15 pages in. Anyone who reads your whole post (like you tell them to) will formulate the same opinion i did.

Simmer.

Then read some of my recent replys, as stated in the first post. It's pretty obvious.

DeviledEgg24.png

Slayer is great for me as a new member, because I can see new places and get to learn the world and its monsters. Right now, I love it as just exploring and having fun (it's also nice for charms). Slayer isn't that good combat experience, but it's just meant for slayer xp as the first. Also, I don't get as many good drops, but starting out with Vannaka is nice because all of my tasks are easy. Soon though, I need to do Lost City. Lateron , I don't know if I'll still like the skill, but I think I will. <3:

I do need to try Zombie Monkeys sometime, though. Are there any good guides here on TIF?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3