The new poll on runescape.com

psvstef

What would you do? #5 (13-Oct-2008)

Due to popular demand, we have decided to bring back the 'What would you do?' polls. This time around we would like to know what you would do if something magical happened to you!

Question 1 - While playing RuneScape one day, you are suddenly transported into the game. You find yourself on a deserted tropical island, not unlike Karamja, but instead of computer-generated pixels, everything around you seems very real indeed. The only resources that you have access to are some logs, a knife and a small mirror. Which of the following options would you use the resources for?

Make a device for signalling passing ships by using the knife on the logs to make a stand for the mirror.

Use the knife with the logs to whittle a sharp weapon, and then stealthily approach a local merchant, using the mirror to see around corners, so that you can force the merchant to give you food.

Use the knife with the logs to make a snare, and then use the mirror as a tool for dazzling kebbits before capturing them.

Question 2 - You are rescued from the island by some friendly pirates. They give you a choice: be taken to the nearest port immediately, to explore all that the area has to offer, or spend four months travelling through dangerous seas with the pirates before returning with them. What would you choose?

Be taken to the nearest port straight away and start exploring.

Join the pirates on their adventures and then return with them later.

Question 3 - Once you're back on dry land, you visit a wizard that can transport you back to reality. Before you leave, he offers you the chance to take one aspect of the Magic skill with you. Which of these would you choose?

Teleports - It's cheap, environmentally friendly, and instant.

High alchemy - Free money ftw!

Healing - Who needs medical professionals?

Telegrab - Why search for the remote?

Question 4 - Upon your arrival back in reality, you discover a magic tree seed in your pocket. What would you do with it?

Plant it in your garden and have your very own magic tree.

Donate it so that scientists can find a way to grow magic trees all over the world.

Plant it in a public park so that you can share it with everyone.

what would this lead to do you think?

i think it might be about that uber quest :o ::'

discuss

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Tcch, there's no option for selling the mage seed. :evil:

Those do seem like odd questions though lol, hopefully leading onto a quest in future! ::'

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Due to popular demand, we have decided to bring back the 'What would you do?' polls. This time around we would like to know what you would do if something magical happened to you!

Nothing to do with the uber quest by the sounds of it,

and if their still looking for story elements for the uber quest then they havent gotten very far making it :?

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

please do not post about polls they are not updates

F2Pers can't take the poll on the website, so let us have some fun too. :roll:

Answer 1: Use the knife with the logs to whittle a sharp weapon, and then stealthily approach a local merchant, using the mirror to see around corners, so that you can force the merchant to give you food.

Answer 2: Join the pirates on their adventures and then return with them later.

Answer 3: High alchemy - Free money ftw! (Wait... where's the catch? RL Nature runes? Erm... :?)

Answer 4: Plant it in your garden and have your very own magic tree. (What's the magic tree gonna do anyway? Light up by itself at night?)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

nuff said.

When did 'General Discussions' become a forum whre you can only talk about updates?

nuff said.

what would this lead to do you think?

i think it might be about that uber quest :o ::'

discuss

... Lol

No, it's about sailing, don't forget about sailing

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

nuff said.

When did 'General Discussions' become a forum whre you can only talk about updates?

nuff said.

Er, it never did. But he's posting in a update sort of way. The way he phrased it, this has no discussion value. It's a fun poll that can be accessed on Runescape.com. :|

hopesolopatriot.jpg

nuff said.

nuff said.

Er, it never did. But he's posting in a update sort of way. The way he phrased it, this has no discussion value. It's a fun poll that can be accessed on Runescape.com. :|

There is discussion value :| .

Unless posts like these drag it down, I mean.

Zerker_jane.png

I think there is some discussion value here, however the General forum shouldn't be used just to discuss recent/current updates.

I don't think this is quest related, Jagex have recently been asking alot more IRL related questions in polls. I'm exited to see the outcome :D

nuff said.

nuff said.

Good to see there's still some decent posters here.

I picked teleportation for the magic question. Why have high alchemy when you can teleport into a bank vault?

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

OMG! Signal a passing ship; pirates? WHat can this mean? SAILING SKILL IS COMING!

In case you didn't realize it, I was being sarcastic.

Lol. :twss:

1.Make a device for signalling passing ships by using the knife on the logs to make a stand for the mirror.

2.Be taken to the nearest port straight away and start exploring.

3.High alchemy - Free money ftw!

(Goes into shop alchs random stuff and walks out lol)

4.Donate it so that scientists can find a way to grow magic trees all over the world.

You'd be famous. :D

And make loads of money for finding it.

OMG! Signal a passing ship; pirates? WHat can this mean? SAILING SKILL IS COMING!

In case you didn't realize it, I was being sarcastic.

Lol. :twss:

1.Make a device for signalling passing ships by using the knife on the logs to make a stand for the mirror.

2.Be taken to the nearest port straight away and start exploring.

3.High alchemy - Free money ftw!

(Goes into shop alchs random stuff and walks out lol)

4.Donate it so that scientists can find a way to grow magic trees all over the world.

You'd be famous. :D

And make loads of money for finding it.

i want these options

1. make the mirror into a archermidias death ray and burn down passing ships

2. the ships never reach you

3.i want to be able to cast zammy fire o.O

4. grow my magic tree then flect it into magic shortbows! ( jsut a thought how would the spec bar work?)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

IMO: Jagex should change the way Polls are run.

When you login to the game if there is a new poll you should be forced to complete it, this way Jagex would have a true number of people actually completing the poll, not just x% of people who take the polls on the website.

Question 1 - While playing RuneScape one day, you are suddenly transported into the game. You find yourself on a deserted tropical island, not unlike Karamja, but instead of computer-generated pixels, everything around you seems very real indeed. The only resources that you have access to are some logs, a knife and a small mirror. Which of the following options would you use the resources for?

Make a device for signalling passing ships by using the knife on the logs to make a stand for the mirror.

Use the knife with the logs to whittle a sharp weapon, and then stealthily approach a local merchant, using the mirror to see around corners, so that you can force the merchant to give you food.

Use the knife with the logs to make a snare, and then use the mirror as a tool for dazzling kebbits before capturing them.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the 2nd answer to this question?

- You are on a deserted on a tropical island. (Dictionairy def of deserted: 1. Left desolate or empty. 2. Remote from civilization.) How is there a local merchant? (See #2, remote from civilization.)

- The only recources you find are logs, a knife, a mirror. If theres a local merchant, won't he have recources?

So either:

A- I misunderstood this... big time.

B- Jagex phails bad

C- This question is used to see how many people are stupid enough to think there is a merchant on a deserted island.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I'm more interested in the fact that they mentioned healing magic. Lunar isn't healing. Although I personally doubt it, I'm crossing my fingers that this 150th quest releases a much needed update to bring magic back on par with ranged and melee.

Picked teleporting though. I travel too [bleep]ing much.

I thought that being able to use High Alchemy in real life would be the top answer. I would just go around and randomly alch stuff, like cars.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015