Unpopularity of PvP worlds

mario_sunny

So true. PvP worlds are wildly popular in FREE, but in members... Not so much. The vast, vast majority of P2P PKers just DM near banks... And of those, 60% are Dharok Noobs, 20% are blitz/ags rushers, 15% are one/three/four itemers, and only 5% actually risk losing anything worth over 200k. It's a mockery of what PKing once was.

This guy pretty much covers it.

I'm pretty sure that is what Pking once was. People unwilling to risk anything, killing people in level 1 wild.

Shhh, quit bringing up reality. We're talking about the delusion of an 'honorable' pker here.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dharok's has become popular because of the fact that you hardly lose anything when you die. Most dharokers depend on luck for their kills. Now, people that fight in whip and rune have to risk a lot more than they used to. Well, not have to, but its a lot more efficient. They can no longer use their torsos -- so they use rune plates. Extra 60k. Rune Defenders are quite a hassle to get, but they aren't exactly necessary. I see people using rune kites a lot more now -- extra 40k-50k. No fire cape -- well, no loss there, really. And there was always rune legs and zerker/nez helm, no change there. Dharok's... you gotta risk at least 75k unless you're an idiot now. Back then people wouldn't fight you if you didn't bring a dscim at least because otherwise they would get nothing. Now they can just take 75k junk in arrows and equip it -- no inventory space used.

If items that are untradable, such as torsos, fire capes, and defenders become able to be picked up again, then the sides will be a lot more even. The number of people fighting in rune and whip will be a LOT higher. But right now, when I pk in whip + dds + venging I risk about 250k-280k per death. I could lower that to about 200k-230k per death using a strength ammy... but I prefer the glory. But if untradables become able to be picked up on death again, then I could lower that to about 120k-150k. That evens up both sides a lot more, and dharokers can't really complain because they hardly lose anything themselves.

The people that 1 item, 3 item, and 4 item are complete idiots. You'll only find people like them in a place like falador or camelot or lumby. All the fights these days happen at varrock or edge.

And tabs are the new nonwilderness. It's how people get around the whole 10 second safe timer -- tabbing to house and/or to lumby. Any other tab is really not smart to use -- theres a lot of people that camp at each tele spot in ahrims now. And its gotten them a LOT of free, easy kills.

The ags rushers are idiots... I actually have only seen like 2 people get killed by a rusher so far.

But in my opinion... bring back the ability to pick up untradables when you die. The only problem is that clans will start camping at the tele spots and blocking people for capes, rune defenders, etc. But I believe its gonna help the popularity of pking if Jagex does this.

Pking was never THAT popular though -- there were only like 3 or 4 worlds often used for pking in old wilderness in p2p and all.. But I still find pking fun right now. Gah idk I'm confusing myself right now.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

i think there weren't so many real pkers as it looked like :|

There were a lot of pkers...Before Jagex removed the wilderness. Then they left the game and they haven't found their way back yet.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

When I saw this thread I knew it would be filled with ignorant skillers ranting about pkers like always here at tip.it... -.-

First of all "honor" pking is there to make the pking more enjoyable. When people safe it cuts down the death factor subtantially, the best part of killing someone is the KO. You people are thinking PvM minded, the goal is not to survive, eating anytime your hp isnt at full, the goal is to kill your opponent. You people see safing as something that should be widespread. But lets look at the scenario: Both players are safing non stop, by the time they both run out of food they run, with have no opportunity to KO the whole fight(unless there dming). So the reason they started fighting, to the kill the other person, became obsolete. If your whole pking career consisted of this, there would be absolutely no fun in it, unless you enjoy wasting supplies.

Second, The pvp worlds are so low because there's over 15 of them. When pking was around there was 3 or 4 at most that were used. If you add up all the people on the worlds right now, it's way more than were on when the old wildy was around.

Finally, how would you guys know what kind of pkers are on these pvp worlds? I guarantee 95% of the people on this thread haven't spent more than 2 hours on pvp servers. The first week in no way will demonstrate the status qoe of the community. Pjers, telers, etc. will always be present when it comes to pking, it was like long before the pvp worlds, hell they were present back in rsc days. There are still honor pkers out there, and all the non honor techniques are still frowned upon in the community.

Don't comment about things you know nothing about (I know that's not everyone on this thread).

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

I absolutely hate the PVP worlds. Its a joke. I mean cmon, if im willing to risk a Mil worth of items i want them to get a Mil worht of items. Id rather die knowing that someone got my stuff then dieing knowing that it all just went to waste and my opponent got a bronze dagger.. I mean cmon its stupid :evil: . I kille a guy all out in full rune (I know its not much) but i killed him and all i got was like 10 rune arrows and a like slices of cake.. i mean cmon thats complete bull.

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

ive passed over 2 hours in pvp p2p world , all i see is weapon hitting too high.

dbow + void = 49 49 , we can see this at 77 combat

99 str 75 att 45 def , combat 99 , ags 50-53 spec 64-66

the faboulus dds , u will see some 40s from 99 str

something dont fit with the 99 hp . Jagex made so many update about the weapon thinking they will never take it back .

EDIT : the drop shoud be atleas 60-100 % of the real drop , losing a whip and the oppenent did just receive a rune long , thats realy cheap

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

100% agree. 95% of ALL pkers left when the wilderness was removed, or stopped playing on that account. Many of the PKer's nowadays are just wannabees. They think they have the stats and money but they lack one thing.

Skill. Even when I messed around in bounty hunter on my main, who isn't even a pure, (look below) dominates. I do die a lot but many pures lack skill to execute a target. They get you low, but then they are too slow. I dominate with just one scimitar.

Now, take the time to realize, if you already haven't that a pure isn't the only type of PKer. Pker means Player-killer, usually referring to skilled ones. PKer's are the types that don't just kill players, but have respect for the PKing world. They don't call you a noob, safer, eater, n00b, newb, and other dumb crap like that, but say GF or nice hit in the fight.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

when I heard about the pking update my mouth watered, finally runescape could crawl out of the skilling ****hole miniclip had spewed upon the game, finally the RS comunity could remember what really helped this game become a multimillion dollar game. When the day came I grabed my weapons, polished off a few potions and charged into the madness of the new update daring a worthy opponent to give me my first kill of the day. I walked over to a corner of the fighting and selected a target, with some shiney new rune just waiting to be pried from his cold lifeless fingers. Much to my suprise he willingly attacked me, an astronomical feat in the golden age of pking worthy of rememberance. I quickly scored two 20's and hadn't taken a hit. He ran but wasn't fast enough to escape being run through by my sword. To my disgust he had dropped a chocolat cake and 6 steel arrows. "Must be a weird glitch or something" I thought.

I soon discovered the pking I loved had become a mockery of its former glory, I killed a few 1 itemers but they just kept coming back, I almost had full guthans in the bag until he teled to some far corner of the world and was constantly insulted for being a prayer noob or a rich no lifer or a mean player in the case of a miner who was picking at a special ore, just becase I had pked him. I was disgusted because in the golden age of pking it was like the national past-time, got some time on your hands, go pk. need a break from skilling, go pk. Want to feel the adrenaline of knowing that shiney new dragon armor was about to be added to your collection, go pk. I fear that with the release of pointless, crappy mini game after pointless crappy minigame runescape itself may have died on december 10th.

All in all this update is like rubbing salt into a pkers wounds.

Rejected.jpg

Have you ever considered that the unpopularity of PvP worlds is not because of the structure of the PvP worlds themselves? What if it has something to do with the community?

When PvP worlds were first announced, people went crazy. They exclamed that everything in Runescape would be changed forever: the community, the economy, etc. People thought it would be one of the best updates in history.

But alas, after the first few days, it was obvious the PvP worlds were unpopular. The economy didn't change, besides a raise in some combat items. The community didn't change either: Some skillers tried out the new PvP worlds out of curiosity, and got to feel what it was like to be a pker for a little while. Skillers still hate pkers though.

The skillers left PvP worlds early, but what about the pkers? They left shortly after the skillers, leaving the average PvP world with a drooping 400 population. But wait, there are two worlds with 1200+ population! Surely this means PvP is alive and well? No. Let's examine something.

What is PvP nowadays? Runners, safers, teleporters, one-itemers, three-itemers, and lurers. That about sums it up. The worst part is, if you try to be a real pker, you get killed in a split second.

My thoughts: What was left of the real pkers, the very little amount, left when the wilderness was removed. Now, a year later, we are left with all those mentioned above. What does this lead to? Frustration. People fear of losing 50k+ items these days! How ridiculous. Why, when staking existed, people were prepared to lose hundreds of millions! This new generation of players cannot even fight the most challenging boss in the whole of Runescape: Other players! Why, we have been reduced to nothing but skillers who boast about their glorious achievements in GWD. Wait, why are we praising you? Because you killed a computer a hundred times, with basically no chance of dying? Admit it, if you're smart with NPCs, you will find virtually no challenge in ANY boss in Runescape.

The community has changed.

You know it was/is inevitable? - With the update route runescape chose the last few years 1 iteming and all that kind of things have become more and more a "valid" option:

Defensive items hardly bother nowadays, kills generally come from 1-2 lucky hits. Items like ags, (actually all godswords) just made the hit-inflation going out of control.. With RS' current formula there's nothing that can oppose 2 lucky hits of an ags. (and now the new weaponry adds to this as well)

Now if that's the best/most effictive way to fight in the long run: people will use it!

Even if the old wildy was still around!

Now how to fix it? - Well more defensive items WON'T help: they will just be more expensive (thus more risk) , and won't prevent the 1-2 lucky hits.

The only thing that actually might improve is the addition of "more effective hp": saradomin brews, higher level limit (hp grows faster than max hit from strength, so that's a very effective approach), or damage reducing armory (but not something that depends on luck to active).

As long as we keep getting more powerfull weapons without something to negate this power 1 - iteming will stay unbalanced!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This thread is becoming rabid with labeling and disillusionment.

Skillers don't hate PKers and PKers don't hate skillers. In reality neither of those "factions" exist. It's about who disagrees with what part of something. It's vague, it's stupid, and it's getting ridiculously blown up out of proportion.

And then complaints about how PKing has been "reduced" to one-itemers, "safers", and lurers. But has it really? Really? Are you sure? If you think so you most mistaken. It was always like that. From the beginning. No Ifs ands or buts. To me it seems time has gotten the best of most people. People who "remember" what it used to be. It hasn't changed. It hasn't changed at all. It's like when you become older and go back to watch a favorite childhood t.v. show/movie or play a favorite childhood game and guess what- it's not as good as you remembered.

The only thing that changed is that you no longer get what your opponent had, you get a token reward instead.

The person who mentions "tabbing" makes a great point. The ability to teleport kind of ruins the game's 10 second rule.

I hereby make the following recommendation: A new level 85 Ancient spell called: Tele-follow. When cast within 10 seconds of combat, you teleport to the location of your enemy's last teleport spot (if he did teleport). For purposes of defining enemy, it's the last person you attacked (to prevent problems with multi-combat).

To make this spell completely relevant, the "Home Teleport" and teletab (on PvP worlds) take you to the outside of your home portal. You cannot enter a home portal if you're still within 10 seconds of combat.

This gives Ancients an unique alternative to Tele-block. It's a dangerous spell to use, as you don't know where you'll be going and it could be a "lure". In addition, many teleport locations are scoped out.

(yes I'm aware ALOT of problems can arise with such a spell, so Quality Assurance is pretty important here).

I can just imagine people hopping all over Runescape, fighting it out "Jumper" style.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

The problem: Too many PVP worlds and you people have too high expectations with your rosey colored glasses.

I knew when they brought back PVP the b&^%ing would come back (BTW, its stupid to say brought back since BH, fight pits, and castle wars were there all along.)

And yep here it is like good old times again.

DDS overpowered, can't get easy kills, cabbage loot, teletubbies, noob-1-itemers, pjing... on and on...

Good old world 18 edge and MB was exactly like it is now on world 23 at edge, around GE, and so on.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

PKers nowadays are cowards. They eat and get mad if you do, tell you no running but dash off to a safezone if they're not winning, and are satisfied with saying "lol" if they manage to escape.

If you ask me, Jagex should do one of two things:

-Either halve the number of P2P worlds, extend the safezone rule to 30 seconds and broaden the combat bracket (so you can fight more than 10%+5, maybe make it 25%+5?).

-Or take out all PvP worlds, leaving only a handful (no more than 1 or 2 member ones) and reintroduce the Wilderness on all servers. Same rules as old Wildy (Wildy level system with no tele above lvl20 Wildy) and make it so that PvP world rules apply for drops (must risk items with a combined value of 75k+, preferred more) and all drops are game generated.

In my opinion the latter choice would be a better way to go.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Thousands and thousands of pkers quit when the wild was taken away, some stayed for bounty hunter and a lot returned for the recent pvp update and then left because it just isnt the same.A lot of the people who quit when they took out wild most likely lost interest in the game and didnt bother coming back.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :thumbup:

Its not obvious if theres a thread being made on it, nice contribution :thumbdown:

^Mmhm.^

Anyway, It's true that the popularity has gone down, but going to a P2p PvP world, you can still occasionally find someone who is willing to put up a real fight with you. This is more vast in F2p worlds, but why? Is it because there are more ways to 3 item, 1 item or Pj people who are willing to fight someone until one dies? (known as a DM, i guess.)

I'm training a tank (Swimmy Ducky) and when I am ready to Pk, I for one, want a fight. ::'

EditedSignature1.png

Unpopular? No my dear friend you misunderstood it: yes, i agree that people rushed and went crazy when the PvP worlds opened, and i agree that after few days everything calmed down. But the reason of it is only one: Fear. The Humans who thought of PvP worlds as a toy, a fun place to stay and fight. well they were wrong, most of them, after seeing innocent people getting slayed while doing nothing! having nothing, just for the sake of bloodfrenzy were terrified. I saw humans running across the lands screaming and praying they would avoid the bloodshed. I saw people who didn't manage to run 50 yards from a bank, without getting fatal wounds inflicted.

This made people back down. Player Killing is serious bussiness and most of the masses just couldn't stand the bloodshed, the frenzy and the feeling of fear, the feeling that you were always hunted (in ~69% of the cases this is true).

Oh, and skillers don't hate PK'ers. They are afraid of them, simple as that, they can say whatever they want to deny it, but they cannot escape the truth.

And don't worry , as soon as i am able to become the new god of PK i will change most of this.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Bounty Hunter > PvP worlds.

What we need is SAFE PvP worlds!

i really want safe pvp worlds and have said so from before they are released

these one item noobs are just people interested in pking but are happy to have to reward if no risk

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Hi all.

At the risk of being ridiculed, spat upon and called names I thought I would would offer my opinion on this. I am not a PKer, yes I admit I am a skiller, but only for the purpose of trying to make money. I've also spent a lot of time running laws, because I was supporting not only myself, but also my nephew most of the time. I thought when Jagex made the drastic changes to the Wildy on December 10, they did so at the expense of a large group of players, the PKers. I really do not know what percent of RS player consider themselves PKers, but Jagex really should have had something well thought out to replace what you lost. It was one of the main reasons you may have played. I also thought Jagex failed to listen to the complaints that were made, which is nothing new. Jagex just buried their head in the sand and hoped everything would calm down. If they had talked and listened to people it might have been better. Yet most of what they were hearing was not constructive criticism from what I read, it was more just threats of bring back the Wildy or I am going take my ball and go home. No one responds to threats. Things continued to escalate and people started leaving. There were mistakes made on both sides of that war. For those that left, the downfall of RS never happened. It is still here. There were other changes made around that time that affected almost everyone and not in a good way either. However they did for the most part get rid of the bots.

Now there were those skillers who set back and said so what the Wildy has changed and the PKers are gone. Who cares. There were those people who did not have a very high opinion of PKers. Of the PKers who found me in the Wildy, I didn't have a very high opinion of them either. You walk into the Wildy at Edgeville and your immediately killed, even when you have nothing of value. If you do make it deeper and your not careful, you suddenly get attacked by 8 people. Where is the honor or skill in that. But those were the risks you took. So I can see why quite a few skillers could have cared less. The real art for non-PKers, was knowing how to move around in the Wildy and hopefully not get caught. To me that was fun.

Now to move more to the actual subject, to me the creation of PvP worlds was a little silly and Jages should have known there would be immediate problems, all of which have been discussed in previous replies. To me they seem to be rather obvious, so you wonder sometime who is actually creating these updates. However it was an attempt by Jagex to do something to bring back PKing. The best thing I can see is to continue to communicate your suggestions to Jagex so that maybe they will make some logical and meaningful changes for the next version. Yet not being a PKer my question is what do people really want that is realistic, keeping in mind that a return to the times before the great change will never happen. Some people say they just want a really good fight, which I think you can do now in the duel arena. Others want more loot, fine. What ever it is, you got to tell Jagex in a constructive manner. Just because the first attempt wasn't what you wanted, maybe the next one will be better. The population in these worlds is always going to be low, because the only people you will find there are those that want to fight, either for the fun of it or for money. If what was said previously is true, most of those people have left Jagex. I don't remember the thread now in Jagex forum, but someone had a really decnet alternative that Jagex should have developed but they didn't. It was using one of the large islands of the north east cost that only gets used in one quest and there is absolutely nothing else there. It would have been much better idea than turning whole worlds into kill zones where people can teleport away to some distant spot. I hope the PKers do finally get something that satisfies them, for they deserve it. Jagex claims the are "listening" to their customers more now, so maybe you will. I have seen some really good suggestions in this thread and I hope someone is making them to Jagex instead of just venting in a forum.

Finally, as far as name calling and labeling anyone group in a specific way, that won't get you anything except animosity. It just show how narrow minded and intolerant a few are of other people. Different people play this game for different reasons. If they like skilling, merchanting, killing or whatever, fine. Tolerance is a great quality that some people seem to lack. For example if it wasn't for the skillers, where would you get your potions, runes, armor and weapons from to start with. I believe everyone should be able to enjoy this game and they deserve the right to do so without being maligned, even skillers and PKers. :shock: But then I keep forgetting there are a people who play this game that haven't learned social graces yet.

Peace everyone.

Explanation of a Free Country:

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.

Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Meerkat80.png

Hi all.

At the risk of being ridiculed, spat upon and called names I thought I would would offer my opinion on this. I am not a PKer, yes I admit I am a skiller, but only for the purpose of trying to make money. I've also spent a lot of time running laws, because I was supporting not only myself, but also my nephew most of the time. I thought when Jagex made the drastic changes to the Wildy on December 10, they did so at the expense of a large group of players, the PKers. I really do not know what percent of RS player consider themselves PKers, but Jagex really should have had something well thought out to replace what you lost. It was one of the main reasons you may have played. I also thought Jagex failed to listen to the complaints that were made, which is nothing new. Jagex just buried their head in the sand and hoped everything would calm down. If they had talked and listened to people it might have been better. Yet most of what they were hearing was not constructive criticism from what I read, it was more just threats of bring back the Wildy or I am going take my ball and go home. No one responds to threats. Things continued to escalate and people started leaving. There were mistakes made on both sides of that war. For those that left, the downfall of RS never happened. It is still here. There were other changes made around that time that affected almost everyone and not in a good way either. However they did for the most part get rid of the bots.

Now there were those skillers who set back and said so what the Wildy has changed and the PKers are gone. Who cares. There were those people who did not have a very high opinion of PKers. Of the PKers who found me in the Wildy, I didn't have a very high opinion of them either. You walk into the Wildy at Edgeville and your immediately killed, even when you have nothing of value. If you do make it deeper and your not careful, you suddenly get attacked by 8 people. Where is the honor or skill in that. But those were the risks you took. So I can see why quite a few skillers could have cared less. The real art for non-PKers, was knowing how to move around in the Wildy and hopefully not get caught. To me that was fun.

Now to move more to the actual subject, to me the creation of PvP worlds was a little silly and Jages should have known there would be immediate problems, all of which have been discussed in previous replies. To me they seem to be rather obvious, so you wonder sometime who is actually creating these updates. However it was an attempt by Jagex to do something to bring back PKing. The best thing I can see is to continue to communicate your suggestions to Jagex so that maybe they will make some logical and meaningful changes for the next version. Yet not being a PKer my question is what do people really want that is realistic, keeping in mind that a return to the times before the great change will never happen. Some people say they just want a really good fight, which I think you can do now in the duel arena. Others want more loot, fine. What ever it is, you got to tell Jagex in a constructive manner. Just because the first attempt wasn't what you wanted, maybe the next one will be better. The population in these worlds is always going to be low, because the only people you will find there are those that want to fight, either for the fun of it or for money. If what was said previously is true, most of those people have left Jagex. I don't remember the thread now in Jagex forum, but someone had a really decnet alternative that Jagex should have developed but they didn't. It was using one of the large islands of the north east cost that only gets used in one quest and there is absolutely nothing else there. It would have been much better idea than turning whole worlds into kill zones where people can teleport away to some distant spot. I hope the PKers do finally get something that satisfies them, for they deserve it. Jagex claims the are "listening" to their customers more now, so maybe you will. I have seen some really good suggestions in this thread and I hope someone is making them to Jagex instead of just venting in a forum.

Finally, as far as name calling and labeling anyone group in a specific way, that won't get you anything except animosity. It just show how narrow minded and intolerant a few are of other people. Different people play this game for different reasons. If they like skilling, merchanting, killing or whatever, fine. Tolerance is a great quality that some people seem to lack. For example if it wasn't for the skillers, where would you get your potions, runes, armor and weapons from to start with. I believe everyone should be able to enjoy this game and they deserve the right to do so without being maligned, even skillers and PKers. :shock: But then I keep forgetting there are a people who play this game that haven't learned social graces yet.

Peace everyone.

What do we want? - Well it's so different it's impossible to state.. Apart from the facts in my previous post here:

-"endurance fighting", so fights where armor etc is important, a fight that isn't over in 2-3 lucky hits. (I've been shouting this already since barrows came out, and finally now this week's tip.it times describes this "lottery" thing perfectly)..

But more important: control! - The wilderness was about being in total control: YOU controlled what happened and what you got.. You KNEW that if you won a fight you would get that nice whip he smashes you with, you KNEW that you would get an expensive ahrims set if you managed to get that ancients down.

Loot indeed is important: but what was more important, and made pking much more fun than actually boss killing (which is also an andrenaline rush) is that you could always blame yourself for picking the wrong target, or always knew what you were going to get..

Now pking is actually just a glorified way of never-weaker-bosshunting, drops are all based on luck.

The problem is: once it isn't based on luck anymore, and once it's predictable "unbalanced trading" WILL be possible again: people WILL exploit it. (well they could do something like bounty hunter, but then again I really hate bounty since it's too busy, making it bad in an even worse way, now picking your targets is based on luck!). So they can't add it :(.

Ow and don't bother posting suggestions at the rsof: I once wrote a very, very long suggestion about a GE update, where I even prove why my method would work with some calculations! - Yet no one ever took the time to comment on it, or even read it!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I agree, F2P pking is a joke. There are no items that hit high enough to do a real KO unless you get really lucky with your hits, and whenever they get low on health they always run or teleport

There are people who attack you, eat food and call you noobs for doing random things

i want dueling back...

Salim123's 99 Strength Party Today!!!

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

People who say that the old wilderness was better make me laugh. There are just as much rants about teleing, praying, etc. now as there were back then. There were even more back then. PK worlds not crowded? Of course they aren't, just as not every lvl 3 wilderness above Edgeville was crowded. People teleporting was a problem back then and it's a problem now, the +20 wilderness argument is useless because it's not like anybody ever went there. The excetion being MB pilers, rune rock 'PKers' and Agility course 'PKers'. The only difference is the loot, wich got better if you look beyond your first 5 kills. Whip and Barrow PK's were not something you'd get every day, most of the time you'd get a dds, a zerker and a pair of rune legs. Most of your kills will probably be worthless, but getting a 10m piece of weaponry or even a stone ring will compensate for at least 20 'lootless' kills.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

A couple of suggested changes could help bring back the old school pking feeling I'd think.

1.) Not allow a person to tele or enter a bank until 10 seconds after that player is out of combat.

2.) A player cannot attack somebody unless they have 75K worth of gear to lose or 25K worth of gear to lose (without protect item on)

captain_poet.png

Unpopular? No my dear friend you misunderstood it: yes, i agree that people rushed and went crazy when the PvP worlds opened, and i agree that after few days everything calmed down. But the reason of it is only one: Fear. The Humans who thought of PvP worlds as a toy, a fun place to stay and fight. well they were wrong, most of them, after seeing innocent people getting slayed while doing nothing! having nothing, just for the sake of bloodfrenzy were terrified. I saw humans running across the lands screaming and praying they would avoid the bloodshed. I saw people who didn't manage to run 50 yards from a bank, without getting fatal wounds inflicted.

This made people back down. Player Killing is serious bussiness and most of the masses just couldn't stand the bloodshed, the frenzy and the feeling of fear, the feeling that you were always hunted (in ~69% of the cases this is true).

Oh, and skillers don't hate PK'ers. They are afraid of them, simple as that, they can say whatever they want to deny it, but they cannot escape the truth.

And don't worry , as soon as i am able to become the new god of PK i will change most of this.

WHAT?! COME ON ILL TAKE THOSE MUTHA[bleep]AS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW ILL SMOKE EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE NO-HOLY [cabbage]!!! (pwnt)

snipers_end.png

Pvp worlds are hardly unpopular imo, even if a pvp server has 500 people in it majority of those 500 people are there for a single reason. There are always clans out, if you take a stroll between rune rocks and greaters hut in any f2p pvp server, there is a high chance that you will meet a clan.

Personally id like to see Jagex increase the areas on the map where you can't teleport, not only after 20 wild. That would make pking in the cities and other areas much more interesting.

As far as safing goes, if you call someone a safer i will call you an idiot. Food is for healing and there is a reason you take it with you when you go pking. If you wish to pk without using food that's up to you but don't expect others to lack a brain.

mhd7k3.jpg