Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

[hide=]Well, after that quest, we DEFINATELY know that the Dragonkin are evil. They speak of bringing pain on the races. And also, that it seems there are only three of them, which matches the three heads in the Dragonkin forge. I'm curious as to which Dragonkin fought Robert the Strong..hmm. '-'

So, when you touch the Stone of Jas, you say something rather interesting. Is Jas the Elder God, the creator of the Stone which has the power to elevate Majahrats to Godhood? Why then, has Jas allowed the world's inhabitants to use the stone?

Saradomin and Zamorak ascended to Godhood by the ritual using the Stone. But what about Armadyl and Zaros? Bandos? Were these men once Majahrat? And Guthix, who was the first to walk Gielnor? Was Guthix chosen by Jas to maintain balance in Jas' absence?

These questions mostly hinge off the fact that Jas was an Elder God, so...feel free to tear my theories to shreds. I'm not exactly the best historian when it comes to RS, let alone actual history...so I might be wrong. ^^[/hide]

[hide=]well as you find out in Meeting History the world was created by elder gods, one of them possibly was Jas. He left a stone behind. On purpose? maybe he just forgot it.

Im more concerned how V*(velorina or something) touched the stone and became a god. was he a Mahjarrat? Because the stone didn't have such effect on you when you touched it. It just boosted your stats incredibly, nothing of divine power Lucien already possessess (sp?!_)[/hide]

[hide=]Jas is probably the Elder God. And dragonkin have the power. But they are much weaker then Jas is, as they are not immortal, that's why they can't be Elder Gods. And Valador didn't become God, he only learned magic just as Mahjarrat(most of them) do-without runes. Agree Lucien did what they intended him to. But just one thing: read Movario's notes and some facts about history:

Movario states energy Zamorak got through the staff couldn't be enough to make him God; Zamorak returned to start the God Wars some time after the ban; The Spirit in Spirit Realm tells some story about God Wars: Guthix awoke to reclaim some artifact from Zamorak which made peace on the world. Lucien couldn't become a god without both the Staff of Armadyl and power of The Stone of Jas, seeing that Dragonkin in Robot's pic, maybe they want to take over Gielinor as new, most powerful Gods?[/hide]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt done the quest but ive seen all the cutscenes, and when hazelmere looks at the seed in his palm then gets blasted, you can examine his hat (not 100% sure on this) and its level 1, perhaps the seed will revive him, or will turn into something you can use in the 2nd part.

Sorry if my information isnt accurate but as i said id just seen the cutscenes :ohnoes:

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

[hide=]

Ah...speaking of what Hazelmere was doing at the big battle with Lucien...

[hide=]Has anyone figured out WHY he had one of those teleportation pods with him? There's a small glimpse at his palm, and the seed twitches...but then he's struck down by Lucien and turns to ash. Why didn't he use the pod to teleport away? Was this part of his "choice" he claims to have made already?

My best guess is you can't teleport after 20 wildy, and Hazelmere forgot about that.

Nah, that was the overpowered teleportation pod that he used to save you during The Path of Glouphrie. When he's talking about already making his choice, he's talking about how he saved you from the unteleportable kill room in the sewer dungeon instead of keeping the seed working.

But he said that pod only had 1 charge, which he used to save your/my/anyone who finished the quest's life.

EDIT: I got it! Perhaps that scene was a flashback to when he used the pod, and now he knows that he made his decision to save you correctly (since you/me/anyone who did the quest ;) is stopping Lucien). Hazelmere knows that he made the right choice because now it is paying off, and he can die knowing he has played his part in the events.

EDIT2: Darn it someone else got it. Didn't see that part.

[/hide]

[hide=]The pod is actually his communication with the Audi Mundi (sp?). He used it also the the quest in which he gave us the prediction. Path of Glouphine I think it was? Its his way of communicating to nature (spirit trees) on what he should do. His "choice" was choosing to stay behind to save you, like other people have said. So perhaps the Adi Mundi saw something in which he had to die in order to give us a chance for victory instead of retreating.

And Also, a small piece I forgot to think of is. Now that the mithril door has been opened, there are no more caves/doors in the Ancient Cavern left unlocked. Perhaps Addy Dragons are elsewhere than the Ancient Cavern? Iron/Steel are in a different location, so perhaps Addy is in a different location than Mitrhil. Its worth taking a look into the Ancient Diary again I think.[/hide]

[hide=]And why are we typing in all hide tags? lol[/hide]

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=]
Ah...speaking of what Hazelmere was doing at the big battle with Lucien...

[hide=]Has anyone figured out WHY he had one of those teleportation pods with him? There's a small glimpse at his palm, and the seed twitches...but then he's struck down by Lucien and turns to ash. Why didn't he use the pod to teleport away? Was this part of his "choice" he claims to have made already?

My best guess is you can't teleport after 20 wildy, and Hazelmere forgot about that.

Nah, that was the overpowered teleportation pod that he used to save you during The Path of Glouphrie. When he's talking about already making his choice, he's talking about how he saved you from the unteleportable kill room in the sewer dungeon instead of keeping the seed working.

But he said that pod only had 1 charge, which he used to save your/my/anyone who finished the quest's life.

EDIT: I got it! Perhaps that scene was a flashback to when he used the pod, and now he knows that he made his decision to save you correctly (since you/me/anyone who did the quest ;) is stopping Lucien). Hazelmere knows that he made the right choice because now it is paying off, and he can die knowing he has played his part in the events.

EDIT2: Darn it someone else got it. Didn't see that part.

[/hide]

[hide=]The pod is actually his communication with the Audi Mundi (sp?). He used it also the the quest in which he gave us the prediction. Path of Glouphine I think it was? Its his way of communicating to nature (spirit trees) on what he should do. His "choice" was choosing to stay behind to save you, like other people have said. So perhaps the Adi Mundi saw something in which he had to die in order to give us a chance for victory instead of retreating.

And Also, a small piece I forgot to think of is. Now that the mithril door has been opened, there are no more caves/doors in the Ancient Cavern left unlocked. Perhaps Addy Dragons are elsewhere than the Ancient Cavern? Iron/Steel are in a different location, so perhaps Addy is in a different location than Mitrhil. Its worth taking a look into the Ancient Diary again I think.[/hide]

[hide=]And why are we typing in all hide tags? lol[/hide]

[hide=]I don't know, but what I do know that it is the Anima Mundi. In Latin, this translates to "the sould of the world".[/hide]

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

And i wonder what the origin of the compass shows? like if its:

..........N

......W.X.E

..........S

Where is the center of the compass (X marks the spot :P )? maybe thats where teh dragonkin will arrise from so they have dragons in the north south east and west backing em up? just a random theory lol

if you draw a line between Ancient Cavern and Castle Drakan in the middle is Asgarnia and in Reldo's book about the first age it said "Not much is known about the hero called by the people of Asgarnia: Robert the Strong." so maby something around falador or barbarian village like the place were they will hise.

How about that strange place with the stones with the weird symbols on it which is south of the dwarven mines, north of falador and west of barbarian village? You also need to dig there for some clue scrolls.

And i wonder what the origin of the compass shows? like if its:

..........N

......W.X.E

..........S

Where is the center of the compass (X marks the spot :P )? maybe thats where teh dragonkin will arrise from so they have dragons in the north south east and west backing em up? just a random theory lol

if you draw a line between Ancient Cavern and Castle Drakan in the middle is Asgarnia and in Reldo's book about the first age it said "Not much is known about the hero called by the people of Asgarnia: Robert the Strong." so maby something around falador or barbarian village like the place were they will hise.

How about that strange place with the stones with the weird symbols on it which is south of the dwarven mines, north of falador and west of barbarian village? You also need to dig there for some clue scrolls.

That place was probably meant tobe the Life Altar in RSC:look at the symbol on the split stone:it's the same sun as used to be on the Life Rune.

I just updated the opening post with new information regarding While Guthix Sleeps. The majority of the post has been re-written, and I've included a sort of narrative at the end, telling the history of the Dragonkin as best I can. Tell me what you think! TELL ME!!!

^^i was right \' take a look symbol of asgarnia and symbol of the kin..

kinasez8.png

just wild theory..

and btw who the hell was/is jas?? was he et or something?

Its widely believed that Jas was an elder-god who was an active god on RuneScape before the first "modern" god, Guthix, came into Gielinor. No one knows for sure, however.

=D> =D> =D>

Excellent. I love the new revamp.

In your conclusion in the end of your post, did you make any of it up? If so, you should change the color of what's fact and what you believe; just to make everything clear to people.

Also try being absolutely crystal clear to everyone where you think the Stone and the Dragonkin were in each part of history

Anyway, I love this thread.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I just read the entire first post.

I don't know if you're right, but you've done a fantastic job compiling information.

One note that may pertain to the coming of Guthix: in "Spirit of Summer", it is detailed that people just happened upon Gielenor, perhaps coming from some other realm. They would have bridged in after the Dragonkin had moved into hiding, which is why their time (the time of the Spirit Realm) has many artefacts from the Dragonkin which were already in a state of decomposing.

May be worth noting, since it certainly helps support your case.

stormveritas.png

First off, excellent post. =D> Got me all excited about the future of Guthix/Stone of Jas/Dragonkin lore. I personally spent a lot of time in the swamps while Shade Burning. I'm thinking I will go check out Castle Drakan when I get off work tonight. Has anyone been back there after the While Guthix Sleeps? Maybe there will be some new details?

Btw, I think I'm switching Gods. I used to be a hardcore Sara follower (you know, doing good and being righteous), but I think I'm more aligned to Guthix beliefs. I hate the color green though.

My God that took ages to read through, so worth it though.

Some of the speculation is based on assumptions but i guess that is expected and the theroy at the end involving Robert the strong doesnt corresponde to the timeline in the museum does it?

Anyway that aside its amazing how my has been collated here, tbh i really didnt think there was this much info on the DragonKin but i guess once you go digging...

Its awesome that Jagex haveing been planting these seeds for years now, since like postbag 5 and before, hopefully these storylines will be expanded upon soon.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

=D> =D> =D>

Excellent. I love the new revamp.

In your conclusion in the end of your post, did you make any of it up? If so, you should change the color of what's fact and what you believe; just to make everything clear to people.

Also try being absolutely crystal clear to everyone where you think the Stone and the Dragonkin were in each part of history

Anyway, I love this thread.

Sure, I can do that. I guess it is sort of hard to tell fact from fiction in that passage.

I just read the entire first post.

I don't know if you're right, but you've done a fantastic job compiling information.

One note that may pertain to the coming of Guthix: in "Spirit of Summer", it is detailed that people just happened upon Gielenor, perhaps coming from some other realm. They would have bridged in after the Dragonkin had moved into hiding, which is why their time (the time of the Spirit Realm) has many artefacts from the Dragonkin which were already in a state of decomposing.

May be worth noting, since it certainly helps support your case.

That is also from the "Making History" questline, in which you're told about Guthix, his making of runestones, how he opened a portal from our real life realm to Gielinor so that they may inhabit it. If it was our world the humans in RS came from is however undocumented at this point. The trees being unable to fight back, and other elements that I don't recall, certainly suggest that they were from a world much like, if not exactly, like ours.

I had an afterthought. Has anyone tried talking to the KBD Heads in a POH recently? Maybe he might have some updated info. Also, this is going to sound really out there...but here it goes. I did While Guthix Sleeps the first day. I didn't know the Balance Elemental lowered combat stats. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what I'm about to say, but during the next fights with the Tormented Demons, my Summoning level boosted to 73. It is still that way today (73/68). We know you can't talk with baby dragon pets, because you can't get 99 Summoning to 109 Summoning. But I wonder what would happen if you had 99 Summoning and then did the fight next to the Stone of Jas. If it worked, then technically, you could talk to your pet. IF it is even programmed to have dialog, maybe they can tell you something you didn't already know too.

These little tasks may be hard or impossible and god knows the payoff may not even be there. But its something to try.

I had an afterthought. Has anyone tried talking to the KBD Heads in a POH recently? Maybe he might have some updated info. Also, this is going to sound really out there...but here it goes. I did While Guthix Sleeps the first day. I didn't know the Balance Elemental lowered combat stats. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what I'm about to say, but during the next fights with the Tormented Demons, my Summoning level boosted to 73. It is still that way today (73/68). We know you can't talk with baby dragon pets, because you can't get 99 Summoning to 109 Summoning. But I wonder what would happen if you had 99 Summoning and then did the fight next to the Stone of Jas. If it worked, then technically, you could talk to your pet. IF it is even programmed to have dialog, maybe they can tell you something you didn't already know too.

These little tasks may be hard or impossible and god knows the payoff may not even be there. But its something to try.

You know.... that's a phenomenal idea! Summoning is one of the stats boosted to 255 by the Stone of Jas, its entirely possible that the baby dragons are programmed with dialogue that we could never otherwise, hear. Anyone with 99 summoning who has not already done While Guthix Sleeps, help us out won't you? ;)

You know.... that's a phenomenal idea! Summoning is one of the stats boosted to 255 by the Stone of Jas, its entirely possible that the baby dragons are programmed with dialogue that we could never otherwise, hear. Anyone with 99 summoning who has not already done While Guthix Sleeps, help us out won't you? ;)

That is indeed a phenomenal idea! My summoning is also stuck at 76, whereas at the time of completing the quest I had 70. Definitely worth the try! Taking a look at the hiscores 772 people have 99 Summoning. That's 772! Hopefully one, who has not yet completed the quest, will be available for contacting. Perhaps you can even private message them on these boards. Methinks they may not notice this thread in time, without being directed to it...

I had an afterthought. Has anyone tried talking to the KBD Heads in a POH recently?

I do not think they have changed, which means that they still ramble on about which one of them is best.

I had an afterthought. Has anyone tried talking to the KBD Heads in a POH recently?

I do not think they have changed, which means that they still ramble on about which one of them is best.

Actually I meant after While Guthix Sleeps. For those that have completed it, the game has altered slightly. We got wanted posters all over Fally, new statues of the fallen warriors and new people to replace some who died. Not to mention 2 aren't even in the game currently. What I mean is that maybe some other things changed when you finished the quest. I will definitely be keeping my eye open.

Actually I meant after While Guthix Sleeps. For those that have completed it, the game has altered slightly. We got wanted posters all over Fally, new statues of the fallen warriors and new people to replace some who died. Not to mention 2 aren't even in the game currently. What I mean is that maybe some other things changed when you finished the quest. I will definitely be keeping my eye open.

To be fair, there are wanted posters and the statues in Falador before the quest is started. Its just that the wanted posters depict a generic villain and the statues are shown as crumbled bases. I do think that its unlikely that the dialogue would change, with a quest this epic, however, anything is possible.