Weekly Poll: Tip.It Times? (Special Discussion)

n_odie

This week's poll asks:

How often do you read the Tip.It Times?

•  
    [*:valupia4] Every Issue! (100%)

[*:valupia4] Often (75%)

[*:valupia4] About Half (50%)

[*:valupia4] Rarely (25%)

[*:valupia4] Never (0%)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Special Discussion: As of late there has been some who have thought that the Tip.It Times has lost its touch. In my opinion that is bluntly rude only to reply such feelings on a thread when a lot of work goes behind every issue. This has even gone to the point of author bashing! :evil: Everyone has an opinion however, that is why this weeks poll asks how often you read the Tip.It Times? If you feel the Times has lost its touch (or if you love it), I ask everyone what suggestions you have for improvement? Do you have an idea for a feature, similar to the Letter to The Editor? Would you like to see a times cover a special topic? What do you think can help? Constructive criticism if needed can be Pm'ed to me. ;)

The Editorial Staff works hard to release the Times. The past few article where designed and written to be controversial. As of late, some have had the most discussion then the Times have had for some time. We have many Guest articles in the near future that are to be published that will add a new view point to the Times. Overall, the Editorial staff has some great articles coming up for everyone to look forward to!

Also bear in mind, just because something is suggested, doesn't mean it is going to happen. Every suggestion will be considered however so feel free to post them. =D>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

~N_odie <3:

Crew Public Relations Leader

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read everyone and if I miss one I go read it from the archive.

I do feel it's lost it's touch. We used to have articles about intresting things and things that well mattered. It has become just insite on most issues. I'm not insulting any authors because I know I couldn't write as well as they would. Let alone have anything I write published because I am very bias in my writing :). All in all the subjects these days are just bad and not very well to the point in the writing.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I read them if they catch my attention, which they usually do

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I read and enjoy all the new issues.

Looking through the archives it is clear to me that all the new issues are up to par with the old ones (in my opinion). 1 suggestion I have is to do another interview such as the Zezima, The Old Nite and N0valyfe ones from 2006. Those were very interesting to me.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Looking through the archives it is clear to me that all the new issues are up to par with the old ones (in my opinion). 1 suggestion I have is to do another interview such as the Zezima, The Old Nite and N0valyfe ones from 2006. Those were very interesting to me.

I would like that too, except The Old Nite died, and it might be a little hard to get in touch with N0va. Zezima someone could probably just pm him on Youtube. Personally I'd like one with Yogosun, King Duffy1 and/or Gertjaars just to see what its like being #1 now.

EDIT: I just reread your post and you said that you would like another interview Like that, not exactly those.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

All in all the subjects these days are just bad and not very well to the point in the writing.

They just need fresh subjects to write about.

That is always a hard thing for an author to find. Do you have a suggestion, such as allowing people to submit ideas for articles to The Editor?

suggestion I have is to do another interview such as the Zezima, The Old Nite and N0valyfe ones from 2006. Those were very interesting to me.

I enjoyed those particularly myself! I think the problem is getting in contact with some that the entire community would enjoy. If you are in contact with someone that you may think the community would be interested in (or are the person) feel free to PM me as that would be a blast. Once we are in contact with the player WE will extend the invitation.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I read them oftenly. Although I'd say I read about 90% of them. Really the only thing bad about the times is the lack of subjects. I'd also like to see more interviews. :D

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I read and look forward to every issue. This is simply because reading them gives me a new look on Runescape and how others enjoy or see important topics. Yes the authors are opinionated but how can they not be with a topic they truly enjoy?

Warsaver.png

I used to read them all. I don't do that much often anymore. The topics got dry and the authors became too opinionated.

Not to be interfering w/ the community opinion, but as per the first thing, I would LOVE to have at least a sticky for suggested topics. Sometimes good topics are hard to come by.

As per the second thing isn't it the tip it times in editorial format most of the time nowadays?

As per wiktionary an editorial is:

"1. An article in a publication giving the opinion of its editors on a given topic or current event."

I wouldn't mind a more analytical ones, I'll probably do one myself as I find and found those interesting. However w/ the economy now controlled by Jagex there IS less to talk about.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editorial

Oh and I read all of them, you'd certainly hope I would...

@Warsaver I couldn't have said it better

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Yes, I realize that most of the articles now are more in an editorial fashion, but they all seem to be dealing with very similar things. I mean, most of the articles now have been talking about combat balancing (or something of the sort) and issues that are based totally on opinion. Now, opinion isn't bad, but what seems to be the case now is that there is only one side of the opinion being written about. I'd like to see some articles with more factual backing, rather than pure opinion.

I've been reading them all since the beginning, although I'll admit they've lost their appeal since the editor disappeared back in May. The articles these days seem to be too repetitive and blatantly opinionated, especially now that we know who's doing the writing it's become easier to tell. The articles seem to be missing the connections to life that they used to have. That being said, the writers do a good job, certainly better than I do.

That being said, it could also be due to the fact that I've begun to lose interest in Runescape.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

those were my favorite tbh really liked lookin at their old pics too and every since i started using tipit as far as i can remember i have read every single article (usually while training wc or fish but sometimes if they r very interesting ill log off rs to read em lol) in fact theyre wat got me to join the forums and vote in all the poles (along with the sheer pwnage of tip.it lol)

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

I read every one, because it only takes a few minutes out of my day and I enjoy seeing others' perspectives on the game. RuneScape is so vast that there are quite a few ways to enjoy the game, and there are many I haven't thought of or considered well.

My only issue with the articles is when they are badly written, such as with run-on sentences, poorly organized presentation, etc. I had to stop reading at least once because the article was so badly written I had to struggle to make any sense out of it. I think some of them need to be edited more stringently or at least go through some kind of readability pass/fail test.

EDIT: I should add that I never had this problem before the regular author left. It was only after more writers were introduced into the mix that the writing quality began to noticeably degrade.

100%...although I gotta admit some aren't as interesting as others. Still, they all make for a very nice read. I don't get why people say they are losing its touch. Perhaps the Letters to the Editor weren't that successful, but I still think that Tip.It Times has great articles.

Maybe a market article? I always loved those and used to write them for the Tribune but I didn't play for awhile and left. But market atricles are always interesting to read. But a few articles are of bad grammar and kind of hard to understand sometimes because some are too dense and some have so little repeated information it's not even funny. But this was about 2 months ago. Again I comment on the bias since we have clera writers now and we notice their bias in their articles. O well not saying I am better than them I'm just a critic. ;)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012