Weekly Poll: Tip.It Times? (Special Discussion)

n_odie

What might be a good idea is a secondary pole for articles, people vote for the most interesting 5 maybe, although how to narrow it down initially is a work in progress, this would help make it more interesting, although some people might not like it because it spoils the article surprise.

On the other hand..... there may just not be anything interesting to report on....

*side note/question* is there a place to write/ submit articles or volunteer to become a writer?

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be interfering w/ the community opinion, but as per the first thing, I would LOVE to have at least a sticky for suggested topics. Sometimes good topics are hard to come by.

That's a great idea. It might even inspire more people to write articles, if they can find something on the sticky that they would love to write about.

I rarely read the Tip.it Times, as there's rarely a topic that interests me. Most of the topics that I've seen are just about things that are already being discussed in General Discussion.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I read them more than i actually post on the forums lol

I dont read them as soon as they come out... by some of them are fun to read. PLus the little "did you know" part is cool. Love learning new things

I dont read them as soon as they come out... by some of them are fun to read. PLus the little "did you know" part is cool. Love learning new things

I don't post often on the forums I tend to just lurk around, so as far as that goes I for sure read more than I post. I generally read the times but I find that lately I don't read them all the way through, I will read the first paragraph or so and stop because they are poorly written or they don't have anything original to say. That being said I do like the times and (especially in the past) they have some very good articles.

Burquedout.png

i'm pretty much the same except i read them ASAP

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

You Just Lost The Game

im a new tip.it member, but i've been using tip.it since my f2p days(not really that long ago @ all. lolz) i always try to read all the articles as i see them, but sometimes i dont have time, im somewhat always really busy lolz. so i guess im a 50-percenter :)

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Most of the time I read them, but sometimes I just can't be bothered.

I love the... consistency... of the graph...

Long, medium, short, medium, long

tipittimesvote1kw9.png

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I don't read every Times, but the most of them I check out, even though I might not read the whole thing. I always check the forum thread out though, since I spend much more time here on the forum than on the main site.

I don't think that the Times have become more bad. Of course there are some Times that I have thought was just stupid, but like that it has been ever since I joined this site. We all like different things so one article can't really please everyone. One suggestion I have got though is to add pictures. That would make it much more pleasent and interesting to read, espacially when it's a long article.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

One suggestion I have got though is to add pictures. That would make it much more pleasent and interesting to read, espacially when it's a long article.

Pictures are easy to add, it is finding an appropriate one to the article that is difficult... that will be a cool thing to make an effort on my part! :P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Is there a place to become a writer on this site, or do you submit articles?

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

I always read the Tip.It Times! I wait eagerly for each new publication and always log out of RS so I can take my time reading it.

Most of the Times I've read have been excellent, with less than a handful not meeting the usual standards. (which isn't bad at all considering I've been reading them ever since the feature was added)

I not to bash anyone, and only do so if they're asking for it. But I've never bashed a Tip.It Times author just because I didn't think the article wasn't as good as usual. Authors are doing nothing more than sharing their thoughts and theories with us, and supplying us with the information they know.

Whenever I find myself disagreeing with a Tip.It Times author, I post saying why and provide my own ideas. Everyone should keep in mind that a great deal of effort is required to write each article so they should refrain from attacking the author just because they think he or she is wrong. Not everyone shares your opinions after all.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I do like the articles, especially the older ones; I read every one of them. But something that really bugs me... I hate when they're written in a cutesy narrative style... like "I took my bow in hand and fired upon the giants of moss, gaining experience points, known by fans of the game as XP..." or whatever. Its distracting and awkward to read. Like they're deliberately trying to sound smart in their word choice.

I like the ones that tackle community issues, like the one about how younger players have a bad rap in runescape(most recent I can think of). I read all on them, but I especially like the ones that make runescape a better place.

I do wish that they could be longer though, even if it's just added verbs. I mainly read them for entertainment.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

I like the articles. Some of them have a lot of research in them...the tips however are really poor.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

300% :pray: ::' :thumbsup: every one and cant wait for next one

thanks tal shair alliance (P.S. talked on ur chat channel and found req to join was 1200 total and Im working on that now :thumbsup: )

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

A few things...

- I'm open to criticism, so if you wish to give me some, you're always welcome to PM me with suggestions (even for a Times Subject)... More then that, we write it for your enjoyment, if we fail in that, we would like to know how to make things better (GJ n_odie for this topic)

- Yeah, the Did You Know section is not a way of life, more of a "did you know" list thing ;) My clan has been happy to provide them, and will continue to do so :)

- The Editor isnt a person

- The requirements for my clan are 1250 total, and a combat skill (not hp) thats lvl 70 or higher :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I used to read them all the time, but now I feel as though they've lost their touch - they just don't seem like intereresting articles any more, and the few that are good seem few and far between.

- The Editor isnt a person

Well who is it then? A monkey with a typewriter?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

First of the "Letters to the Editor" need to go, they never were that interesting and I'd much rather see such reactions in the article thread instead of published above everyone else's like it should be my opinion.

The Times has lost it's appeal since the editor left for several reasons, knowing the author ruins my perceptions of the articles and is really only there for posterity, it's also hard to look at the article objectively after you see someone's name. Speaking of objectivity you've gone and blown it, the Tip.It Times used to be objective and thought out but the articles have become increasingly biased and opinionated to the point where it feels like the author is preaching propaganda to people who are perfectly qualified to come up with their own opinions if you simply gave us the facts. It also seams like the Times is less diverse in it's articles now, focusing on topics the authors have opinions about (And once again only telling us their opinions).