26th November 2008 - Thanksgiving 2008 Event

Johannas

Gobble, gobble, gobble; its a turkey invasion! For the first time ever, turkeys are seeking refuge in RuneScape to escape their holiday blues. They may have underestimated their safety here, though. This Thanksgiving weekend, we give you the opportunity to get your own turkey dinner: through combat or your keen turkey-spotting skills.

Attackable turkeys are roaming around near the major cities of RuneScape on both members and free worlds. Kill one and youll get some tasty turkey meat, but you may also be lucky enough to unlock a new Thanksgiving emote.

If killing isnt your style, there are other turkeys lurking around in clever disguises. Find one and youll get a clue to the location of another. If you get a bit stuck looking for the turkeys, speak to the Cooks brother in Lumbridge Castle and hell give you a book to help you keep track. Find all ten and youll unlock the new Thanksgiving emote.

To sweeten the deal, weve added a new object to the game: the cornucopia. Being a horn of plenty, the cornucopia is useful for storing food and taking up fewer inventory spaces. You can store up to 14 Hitpoints worth of food inside, and one click will replenish your health by the amount youve stored. While the turkeys are visiting RuneScape, theyll be readily available, but after the holiday youll have to look a bit harder for them when you kill certain birds.

This update will only last till Monday (GMT), so enjoy it while you can!

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Mod Nancy

RuneScape Developer

Summary:

* Thanksgiving update will only last until Monday (GMT)

* Fight turkeys near Falador, Lumbridge and Varrock

* Find 10 turkeys in disguises around the free-to-play world

* Unlock a new Thanksgiving emote

* The cornucopia stores food and heals up to 14 Hitpoints

* Cornucopia will be available after Thanksgiving as a drop from certain birds

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoarn ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I disagree with having this "Event", firstly because it's an Event for Americans (British don't do it and Jagex is British) secondly, other countries will want their events now.

So? More emotes for us \'

I disagree with having this "Event", firstly because it's an Event for Americans (British don't do it and Jagex is British) secondly, other countries will want their events now.

Yeah like the Kazakhstan running of the Jew.

But on a more serious note, we do Easter and Christmas events which have to be called "Holiday events" for religious purposes.

However since alot of Americans play the game, and have been ranting about having it for years it does make sense.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Jagex doesn't base their content on what country they are from. They base the content on the countries of their customers - and a vast majority of Runescape players live in the Americas.

If you use that logic, you may as well take away Summoning and Runecrafting, because I'm pretty sure people in Britain don't do those things either :shame:

It's just supposed to be a fun event!

I thought they said a few years back that they were only going to do events on major holidays like Christmas, Easter, and Halloween... Oh well, free emote.

Thanksgiving is a major holiday... but yeah, free emote! I don't think people really care what the updates are based off of - just as long as their are updates.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

NEDERLANDSE SINTERKLAAS

(dutch uber event, big old man with mitre and red robes giving phr33 presents)

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

NEDERLANDSE SINTERKLAAS

(dutch uber event, big old man with mitre and red robes giving phr33 presents)

lol

i want that too

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Santa Clause

Sinterklaas

You do the math...

English folk bastardized "Sinterklaas" (English: "Saint Nicolas") to "Santa Clause".

Dutch folk took that back as "Kerstman" (Christmas Man).

We win, we're Dutch.

Turkey emote is kinda cool. ::'

There is a huge debate in W60 claiming that spying on the turkeys will give you extra penguin points or more rewards. I just killed about 4 and go the cornuchopia and emote, but people are saying if I also spy on the 10 turkeys I'll get more rewards? Can some confirm this..

God they better not do one for Paddys day.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Pretty stupid event, the food is useless, the reward is useless and the emote... Well that one's funny :P .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Having a bit of trouble finding the last turkeys. Any help?

Near the river Lum?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]