How much longer until the next great cape?

runevirage

Currently the best cape in the game is the fire cape, which you can only get through a skill-based minigame. But just like how the fighter torso (obtained from another skill based minigame, Barbarian Assault) was eclipsed by the buyable Bandos Chestplate, how long do you think it will be before Jagex releases a better, buyable cape?

22minutes and 33 seconds. :thumbsup:

Dunno, nothing been said that I know of. :wall:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Trimmed skill capes are just about as good and seem incredibly popular.

The only bonus they have is a few extra points of prayer.

firecape has additional defensive, accuracy and strength bonuses.

Would be more fun if true. Skill capes have a very good defense bonus. I also find prayer much more useful, since I don't like wasting prayer pots or having shortened slayer trips.

stormveritas.png

Trimmed skill capes are just about as good and seem incredibly popular.

The only bonus they have is a few extra points of prayer.

firecape has additional defensive, accuracy and strength bonuses.

Would be more fun if true. Skill capes have a very good defense bonus. I also find prayer much more useful, since I don't like wasting prayer pots or having shortened slayer trips.

Fire capes have +1 to all attacks (skill capes 0), +11 to all defenses (skill capes +9), +4 to strength (skill capes 0), and +2 to prayer (trimmed skill capes +4).

I'd say +1 attack, +2 defense, and +4 strength is worth the -2 prayer, which will be almost negligible. The strength on the fire cape will boost every hit by about 1 damage, which adds up very quickly.

The only problem is that it takes actual skills to get, not just a lot of playing time. For this reason I think Jagex will leave it at the top for a long time - when they created it they meant for it to be the cape to end all capes, RS has just outgrown it.

they wont make a better one but please dont compare a tosro which is one of the worst tops and blatantly for poor players who have no grasp of earning money or tops with usefull stats like defense and prayer or even higher str bonus to that of the amazing and midly difficult to get firecape.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Never, I bet you a new item comes from Castle Wars whenever they decide to update the rewards.

Just to remind you, posting your assumptions here usually backfires, as you may have experienced.

I find that only a harder challenge than the fight caves makes way for a better cape.

Money shouldn't be the utmost godlike thing in runescape, in my opinon.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Never, I bet you a new item comes from Castle Wars whenever they decide to update the rewards.

Just to remind you, posting your assumptions here usually backfires, as you may have experienced.

I find that only a harder challenge than the fight caves makes way for a better cape.

Money shouldn't be the utmost godlike thing in runescape, in my opinon.

I meant as an example (like prayer books)

Zammy cape gives +attack (no strength)

Sara cape gives +defence

Guthix cape gives both +attack and +defence

they wont make a better one but please dont compare a tosro which is one of the worst tops and blatantly for poor players who have no grasp of earning money or tops with usefull stats like defense and prayer or even higher str bonus to that of the amazing and midly difficult to get firecape.

Worst tops? Before GWD was released it was the only top that offered a strength bonus. It took a long time to get so don't even think about disrespecting those who took their time in getting the best offensive upper armour prior to the release of GWD. It can be said vice-versa that does who do not have patience to achieve the fighter torso buy they way out by buying a Bandos Chest. I will refute you right here and say that yes I do have a fighter torso and yes I do have the funds to buy a Bandos Chest, yet I still stick with my fighter torso.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Hopefully never. They should just make capes which are on average similar to fire capes/skillcapes in power but have different properties, such as a special effect but lower stats, or a defence focused cape. Things like that which don't render the capes we have now obsolete, just less useful in some situations, and more useful in others.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I've always hoped for a Dragon Cape. Yeah its lame, but might as well finish out the Dragon Design. I'd hope it would look different than all other capes. We've seen with Accumalator and Bone Man Bag, that you can have other objects attached to your back. I would LOVE to see a Dragon Cape that looked like folded Black and Red Wings. Maybe even give an Operate feature that acts as an emote for the cape. Have the emote show you spread out the wings and bring them back in.

Imagine...Dragon Full Helm, Dragon Platebody, Dragon Legs/Skirt, Dragon Boots, Dragon Gauntlets/Gloves, Dragon Claws with Dragon Cape to finish it off. That would be pretty pimp.

If that came out, I would do anything and everything in my power to get all the required items for that outfit. As it turns out, the only thing I use that is Dragon is D Boots and D Legs.

Oh I can only hope! :pray:

I've always hoped for a Dragon Cape. Yeah its lame, but might as well finish out the Dragon Design. I'd hope it would look different than all other capes. We've seen with Accumalator and Bone Man Bag, that you can have other objects attached to your back. I would LOVE to see a Dragon Cape that looked like folded Black and Red Wings. Maybe even give an Operate feature that acts as an emote for the cape. Have the emote show you spread out the wings and bring them back in.

Imagine...Dragon Full Helm, Dragon Platebody, Dragon Legs/Skirt, Dragon Boots, Dragon Gauntlets/Gloves, Dragon Claws with Dragon Cape to finish it off. That would be pretty pimp.

If that came out, I would do anything and everything in my power to get all the required items for that outfit. As it turns out, the only thing I use that is Dragon is D Boots and D Legs.

Oh I can only hope! :pray:

Add in a special effect when you collect the set and you're sorted. Think dragon, think fire, think rampage. :twisted:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

How about for the dragon cape effect you fly off the battlefield for like 5 seconds, giving you time to pot up and eat, and come back down. Better yet, give it to F2P!!

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

How about for the dragon cape effect you fly off the battlefield for like 5 seconds, giving you time to pot up and eat, and come back down. Better yet, give it to F2P!!

You serious? #-o

I doubt there will ever be a better cape then the fire cape. If anything there will be similar cape but for rangers or mages since the fire cape is pretty much for melee only because of its str bonus. It will probably have the same def as fire cape and instead of +4 str some nice range and mage bonuses.

It would be awesome if they made it an ice cape wich is animated just like the fire cape but with blinking ice crystals or something. That would look really nice. <3:

I doubt there will ever be a better cape then the fire cape. If anything there will be similar cape but for rangers or mages since the fire cape is pretty much for melee only because of its str bonus. It will probably have the same def as fire cape and instead of +4 str some nice range and mage bonuses.

It would be awesome if they made it an ice cape wich is animated just like the fire cape but with blinking ice crystals or something. That would look really nice. <3:

imagine an ice jad :shock: ::'

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg