Behind the Scenes � December

Toad

Falador Achievement Diary - Sounds fun like the others, but why in the hell did Jagex tell us the reward??

Freminik / Lunar Achievement Diary - Once again sounds fun but why did Jagex tell us the reward? -_-

Stealing Creation Reward Changes - I don't really care much for this so whatever.

Haircuts - Cannot wait for these, hopefully some new facial hair for men will be put into the game.

French Servers - Good for people who are fluent in French, I don't care much for them unless I'm on a slayer task in a crowded world.

Christmas Event - Sounds fun, cannot wait to get yet another holiday reward.

xxteargodxx.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]

Mod luke on RSOF:

Hi everyone,

I've slightly adjusted the opening sentence about the Fremennik Achievement Diary - yep: two Achievement Diaries!

New sentence.

"Once youve done that little lot, your next step will be a watery one, as you cross the Fremennik Province and the islands beyond for their Achievement Diary. No doubt Baba Yaga and her Lunar friends will have several tasks for the higher levels, but pet rocks, seaweed and Slayer caves await those slightly less familiar with the Fremennik ways. Rewards will include enhanced resource collection for your Etceterian workers, improved lyres, and a potential 20k experience reward lamp."

So, yay two diarys ::'

[/hide]

Oo nice :D Was a bit disappointed by there not being any pictures or anything though.... and no future update glimpses (after December).

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Where are you getting the impression that the workers will be able to collect essense? All I am reading is increased material gathering... not new material gathering.

they're just dreaming lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This is my kind of month. I just can't wait for the two new Diarys! Since having completed all other Diarys, I was missing them, but two!? Just wow! :D I'll be doing the Lunar Diary first hehe.

Haircuts seem fun, another chance for yet another whacky outfit!

French servers will be cool, learn some new french vocab! :P

Event sounds fun too. :thumbup:

Again, can't wait!

I love Achievement diaries 8-) . Hard: Kill Dagannoth Rex, Prime and Supreme :thumbup: .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

For the quest, Explorer Jack will have a tale a tale of fearsome creatures and bountiful riches. Sadly, the best of his adventuring days are behind him, so hell need one of those adventuring sorts to stride out bravely into the icy wastelands. I wonder if hell be able to find one? In this quest, it wont be your equipment that helps you trek through the caves, but a keen eye to work out the fiendishly cavernous puzzles. Higher levelled players will find extra rewards hidden within those puzzles, so be prepared.

Finally, the explanation to the mysterious quest symbol that popped up in Explorer Jack's hut nearly a month ago!

Otherwise, it's a pretty boring update...Though, we are getting two new achievement diaries. That's pretty cool.

EDITEDIT: I was oh, so totally wrong. :3 There IS only one quest this month, bummer....I guess that's why we're getting TWO diaries instead of one. XD

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm somewhat upset that they're nerfing SC points.

I earned the 555k points I have stored up right now - yet Jagex is just taking the liberty to drop my score down to 200k. I didn't take advantage of any bug. I don't even know what the bug was! o.O Something about doing emotes...? I don't know.

Anyways... other than this somewhat... upsetting part, I'm excited about everything else in the update!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

By the way they worded it it sounds as though the quest at the bottom is to do with Christmas but by the description I'm not so sure.

...Oh. *rereads the BTS*...

Well that's a big disappointment, not gonna lie. I thought December seemed a little packed with releases, heh. I'll edit my previous post, thanks for clarifying.

hzvjpwS.gif

no the quest isnt the christmas event it means for the quest for the month because of this

Higher levelled players will find extra rewards hidden within those puzzles, so be prepared.

jagex doesnt set requirements for holiday events because you cant get them the next year if you werent high enough previous year, its like saying ok get bunnyears next year when your high enough it wont happen holiday events are meant for fun so this is a seperate quest.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Like the Halloween quest, you'll probably be able to do it whenever you want.
it didnt have requirements.

Yes, but the Halloween quest had extra bonus experiences for those who had 93+ mage albeit it wasn't a requirement to complete it...This holiday quest could be implemented in similar fashion.

If you read the way they wrote the article, they mention the Holiday bundle. They address the event, then the quest. It very much sounds like they're related.

hzvjpwS.gif

Um...wow, thanks for telling us what our rewards will be for EVERY update next month. Good fight.

That's so lame. Where's the surprise in the Behind the Scenes anymore? I don't want to be told what my reward will be until the update when I actually do it. Oh well, I guess we're now catering to the anxiousness of 13 year old children who can't wait until Christmas to know what presents they're going to get.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

this doesnt look like the most exciting of months, but im just thankful they arent releasing a lvl 95 slayer monster this month. i should be getting 95 slayer early next month and i dont wanna miss out on the fun if that monster ever comes out!

A. Whoever said that the Level 95 Slayer monster was to be released? They said SLAYER CAVES. That no where implies there has to be a level 95 slayer monster.

and B. You're level 90 right now? You better get your gear in motion if you want 5 Slayer levels by the beginning of January. lol.

Edit: My apologies for the double post.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

sounds like a fair line up for this month.

I'm interested with the christmas event 'necklace' as I didn't vote for the santa suit :-(. Hope it's not a a P2p bonus like the Wintumber tree :pray:

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

These new hairdos include some rather interesting styles inspired by AkHaranu, a visitor from the unexplored eastern realms. Perhaps next year will unearth more fashions from these interesting folk? Only time will tell...

NINJAS

The new diaries sound great, really looking forward to the Fremminik one. (Although I hadn't considered that killing the DKs might be on the list... Never done that before.)

New hair and stuff is nice but the best thing? Christmas quest means I don't have to get 69 smithing (for Rocking Out) in order to do While Guthix Sleeps!!!! \' I think. *crosses fingers*

Edit: Never mind, Rocking Out gives 2 quest points and the Christmas one will probably only give one. #-o

Onemoreangel.png

Eh... Only things I really care for are the falador diary and the Christmas event.

Event - Cuz holidays are fun and another discontinued item to the collection ;) if only I had bunny ears and scythe I'd have all untradables =\

Diary - They said something about white lily (I think?) seeds. Hey they could be useful or total garbage. Either way since farming is my favorite skill I'm forced to look forward to it.. :lol:

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

We got a good batch this month. More hairstyles are always welcome, two more Achievement Diaries are even more welcome (kudos to Jagex for realising how great the Diaries are).

But best of all, we got RS en français! New languages are always a step in the right direction for a game which prides itself on accessibility.

I recently dropped French at school, but I'd be willing to play on the new servers to get it back up to a reasonable level.

~ W ~

sigzi.png