The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ That is temple of ikov, frozen bit where you open chests for ice arrows

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 4 months later...

Time for a revival of this topic! :)

Due to a combination of being busy, sort of forgetting about this, and a number of other distractions here on TIF, RS, and in real life, I stopped work here. But now I'm interested again, and working once more.

And to make this project more interesting, I will be releasing videos every few weeks or so to document findings in an easily viewable way, both for people new and old.

This first video is an introduction to the topic, for people who are not familiar with everything, so frequent contributors/posters here will probably know most of its content. It discusses most everything in the first post (Level 107 Wilderness, Waterbirth, Tower of Life, Spirit World) However, there is one find at the end of the video that I don't believe was mentioned at all here (I had dismissed it earlier as irrelevant when I had first seen it for some reason).

Actually, I think the footage in the video does a better job of explaining what I tried to with images+text in the first post, especially for showing the tower of life + corp since I managed to get footage while a team was fighting the beast at the same time, but I'll keep that there anyway.

So, here is The True World Map? video series, Part 1 - Introduction! Enjoy (or get mad). :thumbup:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

Part 2 will explain the theory of levels, reveal all the areas around Pyramid Plunder (connecting waterbirth, therefore connecting everything in Part 1, reveal the initial draft of the true world map based on previous findings, and methods for observing/locating.

Future parts will reveal more findings and progress on the map, until everything is covered. I feel like live footage is more interesting to watch than a screenshot.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

This is all very interesting stuff.. I do wish we had a more up to date version of the map though.

Some of my discoveries:

The player moderator room is north of ratcatchers mansion, and next to the sophanem bank.

pmodroom.png

While i was doing Horror from the Deep on my noob account i found all sorts of things over by the lighthouse instance.. I even made a small map of sorts showing the areas i saw :D.

Lighthousefloorplan.png

unknowngate.png

jungle2.png

Check out the "Orb of Oculus/Tips" page on the unoffical wiki, there is a gallery of places you can view with the orb of oculus there, including the 2010 easter event and 2007 halloween event :).

The videos of the various noclip glitches could prove to be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oktyg8xw2Zo&feature=channel_video_title

Interesting how Yu'biusk is so close to the iceberg..

I could swear there was another video of the cosmic altar noclip.. ah well.

There was another one.

Also since you've posted the video of the bandos throne room noclip, let me drop off this. Map of it all that i made when I got bored. (enlarge it so it makes sense)

CiDMz.png

There was another one.

Also since you've posted the video of the bandos throne room noclip, let me drop off this. Map of it all that i made when I got bored. (enlarge it so it makes sense)

Nice, I believe that video was made in a botting client right?

Some fantastic new finds Howlin and battleben! :thumbup: I've added them to the first post.

Bruno's map confirms most everything in the video (you can see Corp/Spirit World areas on the right portion). And now we have a relative position of those places in comparison with Zanaris and the Chosen Commander areas. Awesome!

True World Map Part 2 should be up by the end of the week.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I remember pretty much stalking this thread ages ago, always been interestded in how these places have been secretly connected, and it's possible to determine how RuneScape is actually laid out. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

What is this mod room you keep talking about, and what's in it?

It's where the p-mods meet in-game.

[spoiler=It looks like this.]pmodroom.png

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What is this mod room you keep talking about, and what's in it?

It's where the p-mods meet in-game.

[spoiler=It looks like this.]pmodroom.png

Player Moderators may also attend in-game meetings with Jagex Moderators for advice regarding current issues that concern them. These meetings take place within the Player Moderator Room at prearranged times. The room is designed so that it can only be unlocked by a Jagex Moderator. Once inside the room it is not possible to train levels or to trade.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Player_Moderators#What_tools_do_Player_Moderators_have_for_their_role.3F

They can't train skills in there? *feels sorry for any efficient pmods*

I have a few pics to upload next time im on the right computer, might be repeats of what's already on here in some cases, but I think a couple were new!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

2prfdoz.png

HAM dungeon can be seen from the south-west part of the Barb assault waiting room (the room you go are in when you go down the latter).

2uelkxe.png

Can be seen from the east part of the Barb assault waiting room (the room you go are in when you go down the latter).

What is that?

2005 Christmas event place.

adcd2d.png

East side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game.

ek3sq9.jpg

South-east side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game.

I'm thinking Dagannoth isle dungeon?

35mgqi1.png

South side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game.

2gxgw78.png

North-west corner of a one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game. Not sure where that is...

24c5njl.png

Can be seen in the north-west corner or the first room in the pyramid plunder mini-game. Seems to be more of the above picture

ic7maf.png

Can be seen in the north-east corner or the first room in the pyramid plunder mini-game. The dwarf meeting place in the top floor (I think) of that big building in Keldagrim...

est92t.png

South-east of the bank in Sophanem. I think that's the p-mod room.

howlin1eeveesig.png