Levels of Respect

Ubermager716

I have like 10 people in my friendslist, I talk to 2 of them. I don't add people, and hardly talk ingame (except for private, although I don't talk much there either). People never really talked to me, but when they do, it's because of the 99 cape I'm wearing (either herblore or crafting). So now I've started to wear my spottier cape again, even on the non-running things that I do.

You should try joining a clan chat. That way you don't have to talk all the time to keep the conversation going and the people in there are fun too (most of the time) :)

I use IRC chats ;)

2j3qh46.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have like 10 people in my friendslist, I talk to 2 of them. I don't add people, and hardly talk ingame (except for private, although I don't talk much there either). People never really talked to me, but when they do, it's because of the 99 cape I'm wearing (either herblore or crafting). So now I've started to wear my spottier cape again, even on the non-running things that I do.

You should try joining a clan chat. That way you don't have to talk all the time to keep the conversation going and the people in there are fun too (most of the time) :)

I use IRC chats ;)

Ah. Well, I guess that's fun too :P

2dvjurb.png

Xano, you are such a noob. Seriously, I could own you in my chicken suit :roll: :lol:

Is that a challenge? L

You're the noob here, chicken suit is not cool wtf I has skelleton outfit K.

&ilu² L

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

I'll talk to anyone really. If someone asks a question, i'll try my best to answer it.

I haven't really added anyone to my friend list in a while, i'm normally in a clan chat where there's always someone to talk to.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Before the first release of summoning.. Which was what - like a year or something ago? So make it two years. I had under 100 combat, about 80-85. (Remembering the combat system was lower then) I must of atleast had 1800-1900+ total. But im guessing as I dont really remember.

Anyway, then when I was a lower combat player I wasnt given much attention. As soon as I got 100 combat BAM! I got asked about 10x more questions lol. 10x more begging. Now I am getting closer to 129 combat I think and I still get asked alot questions but talked to alot less on a human level. People seem to presume I am a high level alot more now as a 128 combat nub than a 80 nooby lol. :roll:

So its not like anything has changed for me personally but it does seem a certain combat level effects the crap you have to deal with compared to anything else.

It was easier talking to people when lower combat. Lower combat = conversations. Higher combat = Questions, Begging, Abuse and stuff. Im not very talkative to people I dont know so I really prefer others to talk to me and I join in. If they only ask me questions then I never really make new friends this way.

People do get more respect if you're higher levels. It makes sense really that it would happen. I've not had it too bad for a while really but I've got people calling me n00b before for no real reason -.- I'm not a very sociable person. Thats why it's taken me this many years to consider joining a cc. This guy reported me once for autoing just because I wasn't replying to his constant "wc lvl" "wc lvl" "wc lvl!", It just got funny when he started shouting at me calling me an autoer, I just had to stay quiet then :thumbsup:

Anywho, I don't care about respect that much. Sure it's nice but I'm not going to grind out on combat skills that I don't want to be training all the time just because some higher level keeps calling me a n00b.

I do often assume though that higher levels will look down on me, though I try not to look down on lower levels :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It would seem as I gained level 100, more and more people started being friendly to me and treating me with more respect.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't understand why people seem to treat lower levels any different than higher levels. They are the same people so why treat them differently? :|

Higher levels generally think more... alike? they have the same views on boss hunting, and useless skills, how to make money, quests. all that good stuff.

where as lower levels (usually ~110-115 (P2P) and lower) tend to have this kind of attitude: z0mg phr33 m0n4y 1 oonl33y h4v3s 800k, h0w 2 m3ke c4shh!!

lower levels cant boss hunt, cant afford skills (and if they can they use there money on cooking/fletching/firemaking, or some other useless skill), they cant make money with low stats.

so they tend to complain about not having good stats or money, they will lie, buy money, back stab .. whatever it takes to make a quick 10k >.<

when i enter a free world for whatever reason, as a level 116.. its hell :wall:

there's ALWAYS someone following me asking how to make cash or for free cash, even if i wear bronze :lol:

Sumondskull6.png

It would seem as I gained level 100, more and more people started being friendly to me and treating me with more respect.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't understand why people seem to treat lower levels any different than higher levels. They are the same people so why treat them differently? :|

Higher levels generally think more... alike? they have the same views on boss hunting, and useless skills, how to make money, quests. all that good stuff.

where as lower levels (usually ~110-115 (P2P) and lower) tend to have this kind of attitude: z0mg phr33 m0n4y 1 oonl33y h4v3s 800k, h0w 2 m3ke c4shh!!

lower levels cant boss hunt, cant afford skills (and if they can they use there money on cooking/fletching/firemaking, or some other useless skill), they cant make money with low stats.

so they tend to complain about not having good stats or money, they will lie, buy money, back stab .. whatever it takes to make a quick 10k >.<

when i enter a free world for whatever reason, as a level 116.. its hell :wall:

there's ALWAYS someone following me asking how to make cash or for free cash, even if i wear bronze :lol:

you're a good example of the topic asuming low level is 110-115 (your 1 level higher makes you so much cooler/better/mature?) and that they waste money on uselss skills, only have 800k and they RWT...so then when you were this level you RWT and ruined runescape?

my level 71 has near no skills, all are pretty much useless but it has almost 3m

my level 100 i havent trained a skill since hunter came out, only strength and a bit of smithing coz i like it. that account on the other hand has 80m, not 800k. and i didn;t make that from skills and don't complain about low stast and no money. but you being a higher level apparently are superior than anyone lower than you because you play runescape a lot more/have been longer than lower levels. and if all higher levels think alike, well clearly if they think like you they deserve no respect

]ac_s_dc.png

My list is almost full as of f2p, but I actually talk to everyone on there, or if they just have questions for me. You can't count a five minute conversation as an "add me pl0x?" But anyway, I've noticed people "respecting" higher level players. For f2p this number is anywhere at level 90 combat (even though they can have less than 400 total level, r0fl) and for p2p this goes for any low level (maybe 50-) with a skillcape, or any 100+ known for PKing (take Jiglojay :o) or one with a slayer/melee cape.

Str cape is overrated tbh.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

You don't understand?

It's because most low levels relay on others to do things...

Ussually takes me to start a conversation, but that's with everyone not just people a lower level than me. People just don't care as much about anyone since clan chats came out, everyone has their own niche to say, and the few people who don't are ussually lower levels.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I normally try and be nice to every player I see.

I believe that high-levels make more high-leveled friends than low, because a high-leveled player has obviously been around for longer, thus meaning that they started earlier, resulting in the player being older/more mature.

I am not discriminating against lower levels, because a lot of them are very mature, I am simply saying that there is a higher chance of a higher-level being older, rather than a lower-level.

that reminds me i was at flesh crawlers training my level 70 and this level 68 comes around in rune plate legs scim and amulet half hp so im like hey wants some food so i gave him my last 3 cakes so i try to give him a few pointers saying if you train here each rune you can buy somethign decent to help you (you get around 50-100k per run) like a granite helmet and i said until your 60 qatk probably buy a brine sabre they are slightly better than rune scim but cost 50kish

next minute he says dont talk to me about weapons and armour, come back when your maxed melee lvl 128 and he logs so im like ok?

then 5 minutes later hey noob! from a lvl 128 see you think your all good telling me what to do you noob go get a fire cape and im like i was just trying to help and at the same time i was getting called poor from a lvl 116, i dont think 2.5m is bad for a lvl 70 so im like if you wanna see how poor my other accoutn is go to ge ill show you, it has full drag and bandos and 99 str, sounds like a my main is zezima type thign right? i said look him up dmt1234...he looks up dmt_1234 my old mage pure your only 47 mage or what ever it was and im like no. DMT1234 no spaces, this 116 had rune legs neitz whip defender and torso. nothing special so he goes brign him here

so i just said look i dont care whatsoever what you think if you want to se it go ge now coz im bout to go on it..his answer no noob

Oh god. Periods and the 'enter' key are your friend ;_;.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

it goes like this, lower levels are assumed as they are going to ask for money most the time, so people don't talk to them (unless they are clearly a skiller/pker or have considerable wealth). People talk to the rich to try to woo them for the money. And if you're very high leveled, then they leave you alone because you probably have something better to do.

Well I can't really talk about this. I'm 116 combat and i'm arrogant, I act like an [wagon] and insult whoever I can.

I noticed that i'm rather unfriendly against higher levels. Not because they are noobs or anything else for being higher, I just think lower levels need my help more than those guys who know a lot about the game already.

Also funny, I borrow Carl Dublin's Dragon Platebody and a level 76 said Woah! Nice platebody you got there, impressive! while a 120 approached me and said Lol u noob your dplate fails it sucks L why even get one.

Higher levels are arrogant, childish and stupid. And i'm proud to be one of them L

I Love You Xanotex!

Anyway, I feel I'm one of these players. Ones that don't like low levels. When someone is Red when I right click them, I respect them a little. When they're orange, green or yellow I don't. Why? I've no idea. I'd hate to see what I'd turn into at level 138.

I gain new friends each day because of the armours I wear (strangely enough, most are 120+ That I add.) My friendslist is mostly populated with Rich, high level players. Upon request of a low level to add me as a friend, I will simply ignore them or tell them my list's full.

I'm happy the way I am, and I will continue to be. I'm only level 107, but having wealth and knowledge on how to gain wealth really gets you places.

Most of the time, I get "Pc your 3a" "Pc your Dragon" "Lol, nice borrowed 3a". That, pisses me off terribly. Having to go through the bother of unequiping my armour just to prove it's mine is really something I don't like doing. If I could stab them in the face over the internet, I would.

So, to summarise, if your combat level is red chances are I'll have some respect for you. Orange, a small, small bit of respect. And any other colour, unless you're my friend, I'll have little to no respect unless I'm shown it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Sadly, your others' respect towards you is instantly dictated (At least in the short term..) by your combat level. In a decade of online gaming, I have found this repeat itself in all facets of online communities.

Taking Runescape, for example, we can break it down a bit more specifically. As the game has evolved, the difficulty curve was severely lessened. In older, perhaps better times, you could strike up conversation with a level 100+ with a full expectation of maturity and knowledge on the other end. Nowadays? I see level 110+ players talking (and acting) in manners that would befit a n00b. Even asking obvious questions, driving home the fact that obtaining a high combat level has become a bit too easy. As such, any self-thinking Runescaper should not respect a player due to their combat level, its just too complicated a calculation nowadays for that to be a accurate reflection of anything more than a modest amount of time invested.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I have a low combat level (to most of you), 77 with summoning. But that in no way means that I'm about to ask you 'z0mg givs fr33 st00fs plox' so I say STFU to anybody who just assumes that if you're F2P or lower leveled it means you're a n00b. (Don't get me ranting about how stupid the term n00b is). People should get respect for higher levels. They've done the work, they deserve it. But just how those high levels look down on lower levels does my head in to no end and does not deserve any respect at all. When you start calling someone a n00b needlessly is when you loose my respect no matter if you're level 3 or 130.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

the other day i got 127cb, since then through slayer just talking to people, i have had two random lower levels asking for something from me or thing just cause i talk to them they are my "best" friends. I have friends with varying combat, my friends and i get along with one another all the time, not just when we have a certain topic to talk about. Also "higher" levels tend to keep to themselves and get bothered when someone randomly starts asking a lot of questions, this tends to be "lower" levels.

one reason some "higher" levels look down apone "lower" levels is they dont have the reqs to do something with them (stated above). for an example, Gwd teams dont was 4 120+'s and a 100,they want every1 to contribute the same amount to the kills, so they evenly get money outta of it

realsiggy.jpgmscl.png

I only notice this in certain places(usually places where your combat is a factor like when training slayer or playing a minigame like CW). Whenever I go to Piscatoris to fish or I'm on a farming run, people are generally nice regardless. I think it also helps that rather than paying attention to the rude, immature people, I pay attention to how many nice people there are. I think if more people did this in general there would be less complaining about the "maturity" level of players.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Well, I've noticed, On my pure lv 51 (Noob pure xD) I talk to lv 80s and they're like Go away noob, I say can you help me on [Name] Quest? They say gtfo or something, then I went in my Main, lv 119 F2P right now, the very same dude started following me asking for help being friendly and all, I was like dude I'm taht lv 51 you just insulted, so yeah I think people respect more higher levels, not sure why, but I do talk to low levels and answer theirs questions when they ask (Even the emote plz ones...).

I've also noticed that mostly pures (I don't mean to offend you, I'm just taking a general stereotype, there are ALWAYS exceptions) are the ones that insult, for example, the same lv 51 pure of mine, talked to a pure about DFS he started insulting saying it is a waste of money (STHU I WUB MA SHIELD) and was like you don't know anything about combat, I was like what? from a simple conversation about DFS he went on insulting, I believe pures themselves think they're way stronger than normal people and believe they're superior, this applies of course on higher levels too (What I call the High-Level Syndrome) this syndrome is common on most level 130+ they don't talk to lower levels (Again, STEREOTYPE, not insulting the 130s, I'm almost one too, lv 129 P2P with my Main) and when they ask something either they ignore them or just insult them. There are a few TIFERS here with this syndrome, where they're only friendly to those they know and not new people wanting to be friends .

Of course there are also the noobs, which do deserve to be treated like trash, I'm talking about noobs not newbies (Which are new to games). And this image pretty much explains the two terms (Taken from a webcomic I always read) Ctrl+Alt+Del Definition of Noob/Newbie. Of course noobs do deserve to be treated like that, as stated above, they're annoying people that mostly start insulting you if you don't give them what they ask for (Items, weapons, money, answer a question..)

Honestly, I don't know why this scale of respect even exists, we are all the same, humans, this is only a game, people believe that if they're high level in this game they're better than everyone else (STEREOTYPE), they should all treat eachother the same.

P.S: Here's another Noob/Newbie related picture, as you can see the noob speaks in its very native language

Ctrl+Alt+Del, Names, Power-Leveled

~J35u5 M4

-Aerosmith For Life-

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

The worst levels I find are 75-90 F2P'ers and 60-70ish P2p'ers. I just find that they are very ignorant, often call others noobs because they are lower levels and are extremely immature and lame.

I usually only talk to people around my level (88) as most lower levels will only engage in conversation if they need help, want money or for me to do skill cape emote and higher levels are usually AFK, often talk a lot in clan chats/IRC or plainly think that they are far superior then lower levels.

This is my point of view from playing free to play for the last 6 months and I truly believe that most people will only talk to you/show respect if you are a high level or have a fancy item(s).

I remember talking on several occasions to the 3rd ranked woodcutter at the time, and many higher ranked players of Runescape, with out a second thought about level differences. But a lot has changed now, and it's not just in game, even on Tip.It people aren't as nice as people were back a few years ago.

Being a higher level can actually net you less respect, if you don't have good items.

Low levels with high level items (robin hood hat etc) seem to get more respected than high levels with less expensive attire.

Yes that is true.

When I was level 60 odd combat training for 60 attack and defence, this guy came up to me like level 100 and odd or something and started saying 'lol noob ive seen lvl 40s wit dragon longs.' -.-

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg